Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A/RP] Briarthorn Company - Interest Check

+2
Skarain
Lerrigeld
6 posters

Go down

[A/RP] Briarthorn Company - Interest Check Empty [A/RP] Briarthorn Company - Interest Check

Post by Lerrigeld Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Briarthorn Company
"Strength and Adaptability"

IC OVERVIEW

The Briarthorn Company is a group of mercenaries employed by the Blackwell Industries, owned by the Blackwell family.

Briarthorn symbolises strength and the ability to adapt to its' surroundings. Named after the thorn that has just those abilities.

"According to legend Briarthorn grows where Agamaggan's blood touched the soil of Azeroth after he fell in the War of the Ancients. It grows in harsh conditions and has adapted to its' surroundings in order to survive."

OOC OVERVIEW

The Briarthorn company is a mercenary guild with a strong focus on progressive storytelling where the players can affect the story through their actions.

The start of the storyline will be pre-decided though the ending may vary depending on the player's actions and ways of going around the obstacles they will meet, and sometimes suffer the consequences for one action or be rewarded for another.

We are aiming for an unique roleplaying experience where the members will not be dependant on other guilds to neither progress the story nor to find rolepaly. But will still be able to delve into social roleplay with other guilds and welcome people into our roleplay.

STORY PRELUDE

The Briarthorn Company was founded some time after the Third War by Arthur J. Ravensdale to work as Ravensdale Industries' brute force and hand in the world. The leader of the Company, Captain Jonathan Synford, was one of Arthurs most trusted advisors something which only made Arthur more cautious around Synford.

Synford ruled the Briarthorn company for a long time, during this time they carried out multiple deeds to expand Ravensdale's business, though the connection between the two was never found, and such was the point.

Though Arthur's sons, who had been sent into various studies to further add to Arthur's power and influence, wanted to be pawns to their father no longer. The Blackwell sons planned and schemed to put an end to their father's power and take it as their own, the target of their scheming being the then Briarthorn captain Jonathan Synford.

The assassins came in the night and delivered a swift end to the captains reign. Those mercenaries formerly under the control of captain Synford were bribed into service of the Blackwell son and a new captain by the name Christopher Oxworth was put in charge of the company. Though many of the old members stood fast with their loyalty to Ravensdale and as such were swiftly put down.

After these turns of events the Blackwell sons individually created different industries from the ashes of their father's wealth and success, the eldest son and heir created the Blackwell Industries. While all the differet industries are dependant on the Briarthorn Company, in the same way Arthur Ravensdale had been, the company's loyalty lies to the Blackwell Industries and Jamie S. Blackwell, the eldest son.

RANKING SYSTEM

Captain
The current captain of the company is a Gilnean by the name Christopher Oxworth put in charge by Jamie S. Blackwell to work as a communication link between the Blackwell Industries and the Briarthorn Company.

Officer
Having earned the trust of both Blackwell, and Oxworth. The officers are the eyes and ears of both. Keeping the company in check, and ensuring that Blackwells will is carried out. Knowing the in and out of the company, and having proved themselves. They now lead the Company in the absence of the Captain

Vanguard
These men and women have reached one of the most prestigious ranks in the company. They are the battle hardened veterans and are highly respected within the Briarthorn Company. With this rank comes some authority over the lower ranks and some other meaningful duties.

Man-at-Arms
These men-at-arms know the ins and outs of the company and have achieved a higher and more respected rank in the company than the rookie rank enlisted.

Enlisted
Someone who has undergone the trials and is considered a member of the company, although this person is still a rookie and has much to learn.

Applicant
A person who will attempt to get into the company after a series of trials, to reach the accepted rank Enlisted.

OOC
Someone who has not joined the company on an IC fashion.

TRIALS

The trials that await every applicant will be concluded as soon as possible after joining. These trials are there to ensure that the applicant can be trusted with the delicate information within the Company as well as test their will to join and with that their loyalty to Blackwell.

They do however serve another purpose than the normal in-character initiation. They are formed depending on your character type and are mainly there for us to both get to know you and your character to adapt the story so we can provide a good story incorporate your concept into the story to the maximum level.

RACES

We will genreally accept all races into our midst though there are some certain races we will be cautious about simply due to IC reasons.

Humans, Dwaves, Gnomes and Worgen are ideal for this and does not require an extra good reason to join.

There are however a couple of races that would require an extra good reason to join the Briarthorn Company.

Night Elves
Night elves being connected to the Elune and nature most often wishing peace and protecting their own. They do however resort to violence which has been seen in lore cases as well as in-game.

Draenei
Draenei are basically the same as above, though with their connection to the light through the Naaru. Though there are cases of non peaceful Draenei most Draenei are still quite peaceful.

Pandaren
Pandaren generally try to keep balance and harmony due to the fact that the land of Pandaria literally reacts upon bad emotions in form of the insidious Sha.

While it is more difficult to join with the three races above it can still be done with a good reason, if you really absolutely want to join with your Night Elf/Draenei/Pandaren and you do not have a really good IC reason we can always discuss it OOCly.

CLASSES

When it comes to classes we will accept all classes due to the simple fact that your character's class tag might say Paladin, Shaman, Priest or any of the other character classes of World of Warcraft however your roleplay class might be something completely other than your class tag says. Just think logically of what classes would go into the theme of mercenary.

You could be a paladin though you roleplay as a Pyromancer. That is when it can become really interesting with custom classes like javelineers, sharpshooters, rangers, avatars, mountain kings and much much more, even though some of those are more fitting for the Company than others. You could even go with no class at all and be a simple civillian and then go from there and see where you will end up.

To go with an example how a civillian can work out. A civillian who cannot read, cannot fight suddenly finds himself in a group where fighting is essential, and reading optional but good. He becomes a soldier with basic combat knowledge and the finds himself in shady company and instead of developing into an honest character he becomes a liar. His humple past life brings a lust for knowledge and he delves into the magic arts. This can all be roleplayed and has been roleplayed in the past.

To us the character class tag is completely unrelated, with once exception, you guessed it, Death Knights and there is a good explaination for that.

Death Knights are generally considered an own race, they have all been raised and twisted under the command of the Lich King. We will not accept any "not DK ICly" characters, if you make a Death Knight you need to keep the rules of Death Knights in consideration. You are an undead being with glowing cold blue dead eyes. Just like the "special nutcase" races there can be exceptions with the Death Knights as well, though we will be very careful with it.

My only guidance when it comes to classes is to try to be interesting and leave room for character development.

INFORMATION

Joining the Briarthorn Company
Since the Briarthorn Company does not exactly work within the boundaires of the Alliance or answer to the King in the same manner an Alliance military organiation would, it would be more difficult to join the Briarthorn as you cannot simply walk into (insert recruiting office here) and get recruited.

To join the easiest and most logical way would be to contact us OOCly and then we can arrange something from there. Or you could stumble upon us when we are moving around for some reason.  

CONTACT US

• Christopher Oxworth
    OOC name: Lerrigeld
    The current captain of the Briarthorn Company and also the highest commanding officer, handpicked by Jamie S. Blackwell himself.

• William Matthews
    OOC name: Déskill
    Recently recruited by Oxworth, this unseeming recruit has already earned the trust of Oxworth, and proved himself in more ways than one.

Lerrigeld

Character sheet
Name: Christopher Oxworth
Title: Captain

Back to top Go down

[A/RP] Briarthorn Company - Interest Check Empty Re: [A/RP] Briarthorn Company - Interest Check

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Welcome on around the forums. Smile

I'd appreciate if you'd be willing to spend 5 minutes of your time and apply your guild to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so i can add it to the list.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[A/RP] Briarthorn Company - Interest Check Empty Re: [A/RP] Briarthorn Company - Interest Check

Post by Lerrigeld Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Thank you!

I have just posted our guild list application. ^^

Lerrigeld

Character sheet
Name: Christopher Oxworth
Title: Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Cheers. Added you there.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:24 am

While I am not interested in joining your guild per se, I might be interested in hiring your services, should your company get off the ground.

Stay in touch.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Déskill Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:26 am

Thelos wrote:While I am not interested in joining your guild per se, I might be interested in hiring your services, should your company get off the ground.

Stay in touch.

We're not entirely hirable, as is written in the interest check post by Lerrigeld. We're already 'employed' by a storyline element called Jamie S. Blackwell. However if it suits the interest of Blackwell, and the time. Hiring us is possible, however extremely unlikely, since we don't operate entirely as a mercenary band, but rather a personal militia for Blackwell.
The setting is still mercenary, but we would rather not be dependent on players outside of the guild to provide the members of the guild roleplay.

I sincerely hope this makes sense.

Déskill

Character sheet
Name: William Matthews
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:41 am

Ah, yes, it does make sense. My apologies; I did not read the post as carefully as I should have had.

Best of luck with your guild and its story!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Déskill Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:46 am

Thelos wrote:Ah, yes, it does make sense. My apologies; I did not read the post as carefully as I should have had.

Best of luck with your guild and its story!

No need to apologise! Your offer of hiring us is Intriguing, and if it suits the the current events, it will be more than possible! So thanks for the offer!

Déskill

Character sheet
Name: William Matthews
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exemplar Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:04 am

Can't say I that often see guilds who utilize the story itself for their guild to have a reason to exist.

This type of management reminds me of something and has me intrigued. I hope your guild receives the attention it deserves.

o/

Exemplar

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:35 pm

I approve of what I've read! Seems awesome! If you want to gain contacts with the ALliance military then please contact Helmut Spoon!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down