Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for a char, but don't really know how to.

+19
Dyone
Kittrina
Skaraa
Rae Wulfgnar
Timna
Bradley
Adry
Ralegh
Izzifix
siegmund
Skarain
Littlepip
Allonia_Miral
The Z
Thelos
Helmut
Ixirar
erwtenpeller
Tnecniw
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Idea for a char, but don't really know how to. Empty Idea for a char, but don't really know how to.

Post by Tnecniw Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:23 pm

I have had this idea of a character that is alot like Ophelia from Brutal legend (those that have playd the game know what I am talking about, those that haven't BUY AND PLAY THE GAME it is AWESOME) In brutal legend (which is a story about a guy getting sent back in time to a age of Metal , the music, and help them getting freed from their demon emperor) she is a woman corrupted by the sea of black tears, which gives the drink/bather immence power but also painfull sorrow. Ophelia drowned herself in the sea and got infused by its power. She is now a blue skinned woman using what looks like black water as attacks and spreads sorrow, pain and death by infusing the world where she goes with the power of the sea of black tears. THAT is the brutal legend version... (I know this is confusing but this link should maybe help [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Anyway: I am seeking for a way to create a WoW RP char like that, (or almost like that) a woman, using dark water magic to spread sorrow, pain and death... got any ideas or tips?
(YES this would be a completly evil character)
(EDIT: will be human)

Last edited by Tnecniw on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Idea for a char, but don't really know how to. Empty Re: Idea for a char, but don't really know how to.

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Draenei dark shaman.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Idea for a char, but don't really know how to. Empty Re: Idea for a char, but don't really know how to.

Post by Tnecniw Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:55 pm

damnit... forgot to mention it. I won't make a Draenei...

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:56 pm

Night Elf shadow priest (or mage).
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:23 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:Night Elf shadow priest (or mage).
I REALLy need to be more precise... I will only create a human. I am sorry, I am always too unprecise

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Humans don't come with blue skin, sorry love.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:34 pm

I know... but the blue skin isn't a priority
(edit: it isn't important at all. )

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:23 pm

you seem really set on your char. What exactly is the question?
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:25 pm

"How can I best re-create this cool character I saw in this other game in World of Warcraft so I can role-play them?"
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Like, sorry, but I think that these sort of threads are pointless. Create the character and feel it out. If you like it and it fits, go for it and if it does not, don't. You can't plan out every single detail before you actually start.

Also, if its going to be evil, give its some motivation or goals (aswell as originality) instead of just going"I am evil because EVIL"!
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:29 am

I didn't mean copy entirely... I meant inspired by. Of course, I guess I could make a Draenei or a Nelf... but both of them are really annoying to make.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:57 am

Former attendant of Chi-ji (Red Crane) now consumed by the Sha of Despair.

Pandaren shadow priest.

Thats how it would fit best in the lore, in my opinion.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:05 am

I hate pandaren... I am sorry.

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:08 am

Not sure why you're apologizing for that. It's your not character, not mine.

Anyhow, you could also feasibly use a human corrupted by the Sha of Despair, but it wouldn't have the same impact.

Good luck with figuring out your character!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:42 am

Helmut wrote:Also, if its going to be evil, give its some motivation or goals (aswell as originality) instead of just going"I am evil because EVIL"!

This.

Also, I feel like I've already made a reply like this in another thread, but anyways...if you end up making a character who is Evilâ„¢ to the bone like a cliched villain in a cartoon, I hope you can get something out of roleplaying as a lonely wolf and whatnot, because I don't see that much longevity interacting with others as a character like that. Unless of course you're one of those few rare people who won't mind getting her/his ass whooped by others, instead of going the usual "IMMA SUPAH POWERFUL EVIL WIZARD WHO CANT BE HURT DERP HERP!" route, when getting into trouble (which probably can't be avoided if you're evil but still want to RP with others).

Oh, and like erwtenpeller said, you ought to remember the limitations of this game, when taking inspiration from elsewhere. Unless getting really elaborate with all sorts of items and spells, you'll have to be able to pull-off some really convincing /emotes and character descriptions (MRP and whatever) while still hopefully staying in the limits of not sounding terribly cliched and power-emoting other people dead (out of boredom) with your made-up water spells.

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:47 am

I would say that she would be evil, since she wants to spread the sorrow. She maybe gets a small... "boost" when she sees others suffer (a sick person, yes) But I have no problem with my character getting beat... (as long as she don't die too fast)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:08 am

To me it sounds like you already know what you want her to be like. Like Helmut said, just get in the game and start rping, see what works and what doesn't, and work with that.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:12 am

Allonia_Miral wrote:To me it sounds like you already know what you want her to be like. Like Helmut said, just get in the game and start rping, see what works and what doesn't, and work with that.

I agreed to that assessment, many times people already know what they want, they just don't know it yet.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:29 am

@Tnecniw: Sent you a PM.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:22 pm

BTW, I am not that deep into the sha, especially not the sha of despair, how does it work? (how does sha work over all)

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:30 pm

I thought the sha was kinda defeated tho with all the hubub?
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Tnecniw wrote:BTW, I am not that deep into the sha, especially not the sha of despair, how does it work? (how does sha work over all)
If you want to find out, play through the following:
The Jade Forest: All quests until and directly following the great battle (you'll know which one when you see it) + the instance "temple of the Jade serpent".
Krasarang Wilds: The quests by the first town in particular, as well as by the Temple of the Red Crane.
Kun'lai Summit: All quests + the instance "Shado Pan monastery".
Towlong steppes + Dread Wastes: All regular quests.

Doing this, you'll learn a lot about the Sha from the ingame sources, and it'll take you all the way from 85 to 90, then earn you a decent amount of gold.

Also, concerning the thread: Your character concept is very much like a Jinyu under the influence of the Sha of despair.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:37 pm

The Heart of Y'shaarj was destroyed when Garrosh was defeated, thus ending the era of Sha.

That's in the official lore. However, I know many people on the server are of the "If the mobs are still present in Pandaria, we're gonna RP as if they're still plaguing the continent." mindset.

As was said on the previous page: If you're gonna RP a Sha priest, make it a pandaren. Sha-infested chars of other races are super bland. You'd be REALLY isolated, though. Sha corruption is very visual and not something you can feasibly hide when interacting with others.

If you really want to keep the whole "Corrupted water magic" thing, you absolutely need to dabble in shamanism. Mages can conjure water and use it to hurt people (see: Frost mage) but they have no ties to the actual element of water. It's all arcane.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Dark shamanism might fit but other parts not unless you count spreading sorrrow to the elements.

And far as mages go, summoning is a thing and technically the water elementals they got are kinda elementals so that statement about no ties at all might be a tad wrong.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnecniw Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:19 pm

I could use a frost mage OOC... but IC is it more a shamanishm thing

Tnecniw

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next