Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[It's a Sick World!] [May 21st - May 28th Stonesickness in Stormwind]

+9
Timna
Rashka
Rargnasha
Rae Wulfgnar
Izzifix
erwtenpeller
Feral / Blackfall
Nifty
Swan Emperor Arenfel
13 posters

Go down

[It's a Sick World!] [May 21st - May 28th Stonesickness in Stormwind] Empty [It's a Sick World!] [May 21st - May 28th Stonesickness in Stormwind]

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed May 21, 2014 7:50 pm

What?
"It's a Sick World", is a continuous role playing event chain that changes on a weekly, fortnightly, or monthly basis. In an attempt to provide a dynamic experience for players, no two illnesses will be the same - and the sicknesses themselves are usually precursors to further events. If you have either played a pen and paper RPG, think of this thread as a guide book full of guidelines, loose rules, and suggestions to get the ball rolling.

The Illness
Each illness will be different. No two will be the same, in both their effects on your character and the plots surrounding them. Some will spring up from mundane origins, while others will be deeply magical in their conception, and others may be caused by a powerful monster that will need to be destroyed in order to remove the taint affecting the area of outbreak.

What if I don't want to be sick?
You don't have to be! Participation is completely -OPTIONAL-, just don't be rude to people who 'are' taking part.

Getting Involved: The Afflicted
There are two ways to get involved. The only requirement, is that your character has been in, or traveled through, the affected area.
Route 1: Using the /roll command, check to see if your roll is above or bellow fifty.
50+ This means your character is fine.
50- This means your character is ill.
Route 2: Do you want to play one of the afflicted? Then congratulations, you're now sick as a dog! Hooray!

Getting Involved: Curing the Affliction
Anybody can be involved as a healer! Whether your character is an alchemical genius, or freshly ordained priest, or even an average joe, you can help!
Research & Clues!
Pay close attention to the blurb of each illness. Once your character gathers the energy, have them go out into the world and hit the books! Or go around the local tavern, collecting information from NPCs! It should be obvious to anyone, but I don't work for blizzard, so communication regarding found sources of lore and NPC-dialogue will be handled via forum. Send me a private message of what you've been doing on Azeroth, and I'll update the current illness page with what works, what doesn't, and what's been found out!

Current Illness: Stonescale!
Stonescale is a disease which randomly targets the limb of an afflicted, and slowly induces a stone-like hardening of the flesh known as "petrification" over the course of a week. It was named after the infamous Stonescale Eel, who's oil can be used to create a potion which induces a temporary petrification in the short term. The Stormwind Royal Library should have an account of previous epidemics.

Stonescale is not ordinarily fatal, but the inability to receive food or water can cause death by dehydration and starvation unless cured or prevented.

The Afflicted: Stonescale
Using the /roll command, /roll 4. Depending on the number you receive, that will determine the first limb to begin petrification.
1 = Right Arm.
2 = Right Leg.
3 = Left Arm.
4 = Left Leg.
Those afflicted by the disease usually turn to stone within seven days of contracting Stonescale. Cures which prevent paralysis can stave off the disease by half a day (12 hours), and curiously enough the magically attuned seem to be more vulnerable than most.

The Healers: Stonescale

• It is a known fact that potions which stave off paralysis, can stave off further petrification by twelve hours.
  • It is a known fact that there are books in the Stormwind Library, detailing the first outbreaks of Stonescale.
  • Some of the afflicted have reported seeing a strange flash in the reflection of the canal's waters, before contracting the disease.

Update!
The disease appears to be resistant to methods, that ordinarily remove all-natural toxins from the body (I.E - Nature Magic).
Translucent scale pieces have been found in the Stormwind Canal system.
Reports say that most of the afflicted have fallen ill, while looking into the water's reflection.

Last edited by Arenfel/Mikhael on Thu May 29, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

[It's a Sick World!] [May 21st - May 28th Stonesickness in Stormwind] Empty Re: [It's a Sick World!] [May 21st - May 28th Stonesickness in Stormwind]

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed May 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Contacting the Event DM!
If you wish to contribute with a theory or would like further instructions on getting involved, contact me through the following methods.

• DefiasRP private messages.
  • In-game mail on Arenfel.
  • My battletag: Failmage#2132

A Tenuous Duration...
Should a cure be found and put into circulation before the end of its run, the epidemic will be over, however you are free to play out the illness until its full duration.

Subsequently, should no one be able to turn up any clues, I'll provide larger hints as we come to the end of an outbreak.

Last edited by Arenfel/Mikhael on Wed May 21, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

[It's a Sick World!] [May 21st - May 28th Stonesickness in Stormwind] Empty Re: [It's a Sick World!] [May 21st - May 28th Stonesickness in Stormwind]

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed May 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Last Reserved Post, you can post now!
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Wed May 21, 2014 8:56 pm

I have a free post thanks to Arenfel, I decided to use it here to show my support.

(You owe me one.)
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Wed May 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Awesome! Almost makes me wish I was RPing in Stormwind atm, might have to bring something around. Great idea!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 21, 2014 10:05 pm

What about curing the diseases through various magical means?

Last edited by erwtenpeller on Wed May 21, 2014 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed May 21, 2014 10:15 pm

I love how thorough this post is.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed May 21, 2014 10:26 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:What about curing the diseases through various magical means?

Totally legitimate! They may not work all the way, or they may just cure it outright! The idea is to try everything, or follow a specific thought process and see if it works out. Chances are, if no magical methods are listed in the post, it means no one has tried.
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed May 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Would be awkward if you caught it on your "man-dong" eh..
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Wed May 21, 2014 11:13 pm

I can see it now. Someone research this diseases extensively with the purpose not of finding a cure, but a way to apply it to various body-parts for performance enhancing drugs! (Might sound a bit more like a goblin thing to do, but still!)
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Wed May 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:Would be awkward if you caught it on your "man-dong" eh..

... funny you should mention.

I can see it now. Someone research this diseases extensively with the purpose not of finding a cure, but a way to apply it to various body-parts for performance enhancing drugs! (Might sound a bit more like a goblin thing to do, but still!)

It could happen! The illnesses change, so chances are Stonescale could go for a bout in Horde lands too in the future if it makes the rounds!
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Wulfgnar Wed May 21, 2014 11:22 pm

Rargnasha wrote:I can see it now. Someone research this diseases extensively with the purpose not of finding a cure, but a way to apply it to various body-parts for performance enhancing drugs! (Might sound a bit more like a goblin thing to do, but still!)

I will draw it! Just for you!  Twisted Evil If its drawn its canon..
Rae Wulfgnar
Rae Wulfgnar

Character sheet
Name: Sir Rae Josephas Wulfgnar
Title: Chaplain of the Disciples of Light

http://akhirah.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 21, 2014 11:28 pm

Oh dear.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rashka Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 am

Rae Wulfgnar wrote:
Rargnasha wrote:I can see it now. Someone research this diseases extensively with the purpose not of finding a cure, but a way to apply it to various body-parts for performance enhancing drugs! (Might sound a bit more like a goblin thing to do, but still!)

I will draw it! Just for you!  Twisted Evil If its drawn its canon..

I'm looking forward to that. Somehow. Very Happy
Also, great idea, liking the fact that I don't have to be endangered only by stupid rogue poisons, or axes. *nodnod*
Rashka
Rashka

Character sheet
Name: Rashka Facebreaker
Title: Champion of Blood, Champion of the Red Blades, & Former Champion of the Horde.

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Thu May 22, 2014 10:22 am

I am tempted to start getting the information just so I can fashion it for a poison or somesuch. That'd be cool...
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrua Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 am

Sounds fun! Hopefully i can take part on one of my Characters. Elrua's needed for WT, so I probably won't use her, but one of my other one's, if I do get involved! /o/
Elrua
Elrua

Character sheet
Name: Zryse
Title: Earthmender / Primal / Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyone Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Ow dear..another disease... Didn't we just fought of the flu?.. Now this.... Ow dear
Dyone
Dyone

Character sheet
Name: Dyone
Title: Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu May 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Personal grooming must be at an alltime low most likely.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Thu May 22, 2014 6:37 pm

Dyone wrote:Ow dear..another disease... Didn't we just fought of the flu?.. Now this.... Ow dear

Diseases are quite common! And it's not mandatory Razz
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Thu May 22, 2014 9:09 pm

is all of stormwind diseased or just a district (which one?)
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Swan Emperor Arenfel Thu May 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Update!
The disease appears to be resistant to methods, that ordinarily remove all-natural toxins from the body (I.E - Nature Magic).
Translucent scale pieces have been found in the Stormwind Canal system.
Reports say that most of the afflicted have fallen ill, while looking into the water's reflection.

A few old wives have been muttering about the possibility of monsters in the canals, but curiously, no one has seen anything with their eyes?

Read this if you choose to investigate the canals
Spoiler:
Swan Emperor Arenfel
Swan Emperor Arenfel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down