Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP & Population

+21
Brigs Morgan
Bradley
Zaraj
Thelos
siegmund
Izzifix
Feral / Blackfall
Lini
Muzjhath
Zinkle Figgins
Timna
Coppersocket
Sohan
Adry
erwtenpeller
Skarain
Ixirar
Vaell
Amaryl
Helmut
Tibbleston
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

RP & Population - Page 3 Empty Re: RP & Population

Post by Muzjhath Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:10 pm

Did not read it all. But what I meant was pretty much anone focusing on themselves as "most important". It is a problem, it is extremly fucking common in my experience, and it misses the main cornerstone of roleplaying as a social experiment where noone can be more important than anyone else (Aside from the GameMaster which doesn't exist in WoW roleplay (And outside of WoW Roleplay because s/he acts as "god")).
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Muzjhath wrote:Did not read it all. But what I meant was pretty much anone focusing on themselves as "most important". It is a problem, it is extremly fucking common in my experience, and it misses the main cornerstone of roleplaying as a social experiment where noone can be more important than anyone else (Aside from the GameMaster which doesn't exist in WoW roleplay (And outside of WoW Roleplay because s/he acts as "god")).

Thelos basicly argued that the problem in that situation is not the character concept of the abusive player, it's that he's an asshole.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Dwyburn wrote:
Muzjhath wrote:Did not read it all. But what I meant was pretty much anone focusing on themselves as "most important". It is a problem, it is extremly fucking common in my experience, and it misses the main cornerstone of roleplaying as a social experiment where noone can be more important than anyone else (Aside from the GameMaster which doesn't exist in WoW roleplay (And outside of WoW Roleplay because s/he acts as "god")).

Thelos basicly argued that the problem in that situation is not the character concept of the abusive player, it's that he's an asshole.

Pretty much that, and that assholes can be found anywhere, playing all sorts of characters.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:43 pm

yeah, though I think that while Rping for an example someones servant wouldn't potentially have to be a side-role, its all individualism and how you want your character to be, also with relations. Taking the role of what sounds sometimes like a side-character, (like a guard or a servant) doesnt neccessarily mean that is is, though the case can often be like that, as with Everything really.

Anyways, the reason I brought up noble houses is, well, I want a rival! and a red wedding if possible!  Twisted Evil 
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Thelos wrote:
Dwyburn wrote:

Pretty much that, and that assholes can be found anywhere, playing all sorts of characters.
I wouldn't say the problem is assholes.
It's selfish people.

Yes, assholes are bad. But even assholes can be unselfish if they know it makes it more fun for others. (I am implying I am an asshole who know how to make it fun for others).
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Now we're just talking semantics. I am not very interested in the many nuances between 'assholes' and 'selish people'; just that the problem lies with a particular kind of player, not the kind of role-play or character; i.e not all heroic characters are selfish and all civilians unselfish.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:27 pm

To be fair, djego is the center of every story, no matter how hard other people try.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldiros Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Elder Fabulous is too Fabulous for Djego...
Eldiros
Eldiros

Character sheet
Name: Eldiros Almadros
Title: Archmage

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 am

Considering a sort of hub is being made with blackrock it's not that bad. Hope that though maybe some day might try and do something to inspire RP in Westfall, Redridge, Elwynn and Darkshire in the you say civilian theme but in the end you can have a lot of variation in that...

A hunter that tracks prey and then go sells stuff, maybe helps the night watch kill some undead now and then and ask for some adventurer or just maybe, maybe help from SW? (See what I did there?).

You could be a simpl thief too, a town crier for hire, a innkeep, a stylist (Help people find/pick rp sets but add rp into it or something), teacher/proffesor of X, a weekly preacher for the philosophy of the light, militia or something and stuff it sort of into a guild and have the option to jump zone now and then and bring loot and whatever back to SW now and then!

But that's just my imagination going wild.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 am

siegmund wrote:Considering a sort of hub is being made with blackrock it's not that bad. Hope that though maybe some day might try and do something to inspire RP in Westfall, Redridge, Elwynn and Darkshire in the you say civilian theme but in the end you can have a lot of variation in that...

A hunter that tracks prey and then go sells stuff, maybe helps the night watch kill some undead now and then and ask for some adventurer or just maybe, maybe help from SW? (See what I did there?).

You could be a simpl thief too, a town crier for hire, a innkeep, a stylist (Help people find/pick rp sets but add rp into it or something), teacher/proffesor of X, a weekly preacher for the philosophy of the light, militia or something and stuff it sort of into a guild and have the option to jump zone now and then and bring loot and whatever back to SW now and then!

But that's just my imagination going wild.

Did this once (although it was specifically for Braiden's house, he was regularly kidnapped by various thugs and blackmailed into reading out less "official" statements). Very fun, would recommend, just be prepared to get a lot of death threats.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:48 am

More original then guard or cultist least, yet then one shares the same danger then any of those.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 pm

tonight I noticed and decided to answer a call in General Chat in Eversong from a new player to the realm - saying Interested in a blood elf RP guild. I immediately chatted a bit and got him/her to wait outside on Council meeting - near enough to get a feel. When the meeting ended I took him/her aside and gave "time" - He/she will now be applying to Bloodknights I think and seemed very happy to be talked to and have someone meet and answer questions. He/she should be at the Silvermoon Festival. Hopefully by keeping our ears and eyes open we can chat these enquiries early and make new ones feel encouraged to give RP a go. (Also early chat helps sort out genuine enquiries from possible less sincere approaches).

Meranda

Last edited by margwethil on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add name)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3