Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On/Off

+22
Maelmoor
Dareil Sin'Valor
Grufftoof
Calisar
Anivitas
Táo
Amaryl
Paia/Jenit
Skarain
Elrua
Izzifix
Sanara
Thondalar Stormleaf
Charlie Blazesong
Littlepip
Lavian
Helmut
Cid
Ixirar
Rargnasha
Demurral
The Z
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On/Off Empty On/Off

Post by The Z Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 pm

After eight years of travelling around Azeroth, I've now had my account frozen for around one month and seven days, this being my own personal record. You could say I've already stopped playing WoW actively a month or two after MoP came out, but this is more official, I suppose. I haven't yet made any decision on retiring for good, because I'm fairly confident in returning to the game at least when WoD (or it's pre-patch) arrives, but I guess it also wouldn't be out of the question that I retire fromy my adventuring career after a few more months have passed.

Anyways! Instead of making this some bluesy topic about quitting, I want to know, for how long have some of you guys have managed to stay away from Azeroth by now? And whatever you've still managed to keep it going for months/years or if you broke down at some point during one of your long breaks and re-subbed. How did it feel to return to WoW after a long break? A good fuzzy feeling of getting back to something you used to like and continued to like again (for a short period at least) or just going "Oh yeah...think I remember why I quit..." after 5 minutes of logging into the game?

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

On/Off Empty Re: On/Off

Post by Demurral Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:26 pm

A few months back, I stopped playing for about three months or so. I found that I was having trouble getting myself interested or invested in the game anymore. I eventually carried on, started a Warlock, joined the Cartel, and haven't looked back yet.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Rargnasha Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:16 pm

Last time I took a proper break with cancellation of my subscription was at the first release of Zul'Gurub I think. Dont think it lasted long.
Rargnasha
Rargnasha

Character sheet
Name: Rargnasha
Title: Chieftain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Couple months when I started high school is my record I think. Lasted from august 2011 till the release of Dragon soul
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 pm

4 months, 4-5 years ago. Not willingly though, computer broke down back then.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmut Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Back in vanilla i was suspended for a month from something I don't rembember anymore.

Then I had my account quickly hacked and banned in the middle of TBC (I lost the First Helmut :,-( ). First it took 1 month to resolve things with Blizzard weather or not I was going to get my account back. After two months they replied with a "No" so I got a new account.

In September 2010 I started art school thingie and only played a very tiny bit in the beginning of Cata. I stayed offline till about late summer 2011. Wasnt very active through Cata, made a little goblin and had fun with it.

Then I moved to Defias Brotherhood in the late spring of 2012. Had lots of fun and poked around a bit in the RP. Then I had a rut and didnt play till like... December the same year., right at the start of the Jade Fist Campaign. I think I had a 1 month break somewhere around the spring 2013 aswell...

Then there are the summers, in which I can take large breaks from time to time.
Helmut
Helmut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:12 am

I didnt play for an entire year. I quite somewhere back in mid Catacalysm until a few months into MoP by my own choice. I was doing quite well too but then... I came back.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:00 am

I took a very long brake starting from BC to Wrath of the Lich King, I didn't like the game so much back then however as Charlie started playing so did I.

Newest break lasted from August to November or something.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:29 am

Longest break, back in 2010 summertime when I decided to play some other games, lasted about a month before I returned. That was my longest one I believe.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:09 pm

I started playing in the middle of TBC, then stopped and did not play untill release of Trial of the Crusader raid in WOTLK.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:40 pm

I didn't play for about a year and a half starting in late Cataclysm, around the time Mists of Pandaria was in beta. The Thrall and Aggra show and the whole... Aspects... Thing, kinda smothered all my love and engagement for the lore of the game and thus any drive to roleplay in it.

I spent the time since then playing TOR, and sometimes still do. I probably wouldn't have started playing WarCraft again if not for Drustai playing with Wild Tempest after she moved in with me making me remember how much I missed the setting.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:52 pm

I've been on and off constantly. It's gotten pretty old for more stable people. It's one of the perks of being an anxious person, I guess. Last break I had though, I had this hippie-spirit-quest where I discovered that in reality, the break from the game is a state of mind, not the status of your subscription.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Elrua Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Hm, I've had various breaks during my time of playing WoW. My longest would be roughly, nearly 2 years, due to an IRL cock-up to put it lightly. I came back when I felt things could get better, but then Guild Wars came out, and I took another year's break, until I got bored and something else when a tad wrong.

There's been a few 'short' breaks, such as a month or even up to around 4/5 months, but.. I don't properly count those for some weird reason :3
Elrua
Elrua

Character sheet
Name: Zryse
Title: Earthmender / Primal / Medic

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Had a break from December to mid-February. I was focusing on studying for entrance exams to a place i intended to apply for, but i changed my mind on the last moment. I will have another break starting from 30.3, since i'll be trying out Elder Scrolls Online. I have no idea if i will be returning, but i do find it likely. World of Warcraft is still such a good game, and i admit, i have taken a liking in the size of Defias Brotherhood roleplaying community. It's not overwhelmingly big, but large enough to provide good roleplaying.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:15 pm

I regularly quit for months at a time, normally when I just don't feel like playing WoW anymore. The longest time I quit for was during Cataclysm where I played a month at the start, a couple of months during the Dragon Soul patch and nothing until earlyish MoP. Cataclysm just really didn't click with me for some reason.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:41 pm

I keep taking 6/12 month breaks until I get bored enough to sub again for some time.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Táo Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:52 pm

I started playing at the release of Wotlk and have had 3-4 shorter breaks of one month maybe.. Besides of that I have had about 2 major breaks.. First one for six months.. Currently I have been off since late november 2013.. Expecting return within a few months or at next expansion release..
Táo
Táo

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:25 pm

I started early BC. And I've had around two breaks. One lasting from end of BC to near the end of Wotlk. And the other from Early Cata to near the end of Cata. I've currently quit out again. Not sure if I'll come back to play for WoD or not. Spare time is not my friend anymore.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:06 pm

I severely reduced my WoW time 3 years ago while I was in my final year of school(also took like a 3 month break when the exams were coming up/on). After my exams in school were done in June, I was never really able to get proper back into it. I never bothered to keep up to date with gear/content since it all seemed the same as before I left, just with new names, and didn't really bother with RP at all. Alot of people I knew were also gone. Instead of having one grand quitting I just kinda faded out, until I stopped paying for a sub last Febuary. So I've been gone for like a yearish, bar when I had some free week I think, walked around a few cities, did like 2 BGs and a few dungeons, found it really boring, had no drive to grind the same stuff I'd seen before but with new stats on it and just didn't keep playing.

I had a few quits years back but that was more me making myself stop rather than just losing interest.

When you go back you'll have all these expectations and when you play you're just like "yeah... things aren't the same anymore".

I've barely looked at Warlords of Draenor, it seems like it's made some good changes that I've wanted before but I really just don't care to play even if they put them in. Was messaged by an old WoW friend a few weeks back saying all these people I used know had come back but nah, I really don't ever want to spend as much time as I used to on a game.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:51 pm

2 months and 13 days, as of today! I should've made a diary out of this. It would've probably been a very boring one, but...anyway!

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:27 pm

I think I managed a break of about a year and a half to two years, (was feeling pretty burnt out with it at the time) coming back in 2013 and it has been surprisingly great coming back Wink The long break definately did me a power of good.
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grufftoof Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 pm

I have played since Launch. And since launch of DB I've been DB only (except for shits and giggles). However, I've also had a 3ish month hiatus when I was in the US/Mexico and a current stop. An actual stop this time. With no recurring payment. And it's been 2 or so months now since I logged on.

I'm closely monitoring WoD for interest. Some is there. I'll keep watching. And I don;t consider I've "quit". But then I never considered I'd quit smoking (haven't had one for almost 2 years). But I miss those also... sometimes.

<3
Grufftoof
Grufftoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Dareil Sin'Valor Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:42 pm

i've had a break of 4 days when i went away for a short holiday... other than that, i've played practically every day since i started just before BC came out.

Dareil Sin'Valor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maelmoor Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 pm

What is a break?  Surprised 
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:42 am

Multiple lengthy departures, usually originating from in-game drama killing my motivation.

I think my longest was 2 years. I'm sitting on something like 6-8 months right now.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: