Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

okay

+9
Feral / Blackfall
Coppersocket
Littlepip
Charlie Blazesong
siegmund
Paia/Jenit
Skarain
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Thondalar Stormleaf
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

okay Empty okay

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:12 pm

hi

Last edited by HowlDuskmane on Sat May 03, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

okay Empty Re: okay

Post by Thondalar Stormleaf Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Nice guide! If you have not already, I suggest reading the novel called 'Wolfheart' as well, which is a lore accepted WoW novel which have plenty of lore when it comes to worgens as well. It covers a lot of the happenings of when the Worgens join the Alliance, and its quite a good read.

One note I have to say, is this:

There is no 'Hell' or 'Heaven' in the World of Warcraft, so your character wouldn't go "Bloody Hell!"

There is. Hellfire, Hellscream, not to mention Sylvanas shouting "Go to Hell" to Arthas as she shoots him with a poisoned arrow.

There is also the word 'Heavenly' in the Cloud Serpents, but I think that is probably more to describe appearance and the sky then anything, but saying 'Hell' is perfectly fine in RP.
Thondalar Stormleaf
Thondalar Stormleaf

Character sheet
Name: Simaria
Title: Little Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Simaria wrote:There is
Yeah this is what the guy on the wow forums wanted to murder me for.
So my argument was that there is no physical hell, but that "Hell" means something vile, evil, nasty or whatever, just simply because I haven't seen any description of a "hell" before.
But you are correct that is me making a mistake!
It is perfectly legit to go "bloody hell" if you wanted to.
I think I'll just delete that part, but yes I was mistaken on that one.

Also, the guy who brought up the very same issue said I was mistaken on many points, so apart from the "Hell" and "heaven" thing, what was he referring to? I couldn't get him to tell me, he was too busy flaming me lol.

Also, thanks for the recommendation, I'm looking at it on Amazon right now, it's only 7 pounds!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:58 pm

To be fair

WoWwiki wrote:Hell was a place mentioned until the end of Warcraft II and Lord of the Clans. It was a place of suffering and the adobe of the daemons. As of today, it's considered to Retcon speculation

Back to top Go down

Post by Gor'Thrak Frosthowl Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:08 pm

I didn't link it to support either side, it was just for curiosity's sake. Wink

On another note, that something doesn't exist in WoW doesn't necessarily mean that it cannot be spoken of. I've seen people exclaim that you can't use the word 'pixie' for Elves, due to them being creatures that the inhabitants of Azeroth supposedly don't know exist.
Assuming that's correct, do the characters in World of Warcraft have no imagination? Because these things don't exist at all in real life, yet we have stories, words for them and much more.

The same can be said about hell, do we have any proof that it exists in real life? Not exactly.
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl

Character sheet
Name: Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Title: The Bloodaxe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Gor'Thrak Forsthowl wrote:The same can be said about hell, do we have any proof that it exists in real life? Not exactly.
You are absolutely correct.
And it's gone way too far.
I actually brought this work of mine here to this site because I wanted to completely neglect the WoW forum seeing that the risk of getting trolled there is pretty high and that one guy was already pissing me off.
Personally I couldn't care less, it all started with me wanting to have an excuse to replace "hell" with "fel" whenever my worgen went "Bloody Fel!"
and for a moment I thought I even had a clever excuse to do so ;)But yeah I was mistaken it happens.
Also I removed the part from my guide which was like 2 lines of text anyway, so it's all good.

That's honestly all there is to it.
Hope you enjoyed the read.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:26 pm

A nice read, Howl. I think there are already a few other Worgen guides out there, but you can never have to many! Even if i can't say none of the information was new to me (as a lore nerd i am), it did include everything i'd consider essential about the Gilneans and the Worgen.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Thank you, Inran. Glad that you enjoyed the read.
And I saw your post on the forums, haha now you can see what I'm referring to.
Unbelievable, it's nothing compared to the rest of the guide, like quite literally 3 lines worth of text found in a single paragraph.
And I'm being perfectly honest when I'm saying it was only for the sake of adding a little bit of "fun" to the guide, but dear mother of all gods...

Thanks for the reply both here and on the wow forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Aye, one thing about the Hell thing:
Uther the Lightbringer, Undead Campaign - Warcraft 3 wrote:I dearly hope that there's a special place in Hell waiting for you, Arthas.

I've already replied more generally on the Battlenet forums so, yeah. Just being an irritating quibbler is all.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Paia/Jenit wrote:Aye, one thing about the Hell thing:
Uther the Lightbringer, Undead Campaign - Warcraft 3 wrote:I dearly hope that there's a special place in Hell waiting for you, Arthas.

I've already replied more generally on the Battlenet forums so, yeah. Just being an irritating quibbler is all.

O'hi Jenit

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:53 pm

If it makes you feel better Ixobel is Samanthra - the tail obsessed Night Elf from here:

Coppersocket wrote:In other news, thanks to Paia's observation. AD apparently has forum freaks too, this guy named Samanthra apparently has a massive fetish for Draenei tails for some reason, I imagine Sanara would love to chat with this thing after our last "discussion" in LFRP, if you can even consider that a discussion- since you can't have discussions with Sanara.

This is the most recent one:

These were the five I found, apparently these threads have been ongoing for some time- given by the peoples responses.

Thanks Paia for enlightening me about these threads. They're truly special.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Actually that did make me feel slightly better.
EDIT: Or at least at first, now it's just getting disturbing, what's with this guy and tails???

Back to top Go down

Post by Paia/Jenit Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 pm

HowlDuskmane wrote:Actually that did make me feel slightly better.
EDIT: Or at least at first, now it's just getting disturbing, what's with this guy and tails???

I'm pretty sure it's trolling.
Paia/Jenit
Paia/Jenit

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Gonna read a bit more later! But one thing I sometimes do is jokingly in some situations add a small sense of Dog or Wolf BUT only for a joke effect of course WoW isn't serious 100% but i don't believe going full dog yep!

One thing i see people do is Feral worgen being dogs of wolves too which isn't really right, well maybe closer to wolf!

Though out of curiosity your thoughts on the blood drinking that happens in Silverpine? Would you do it?!
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:29 am

Siegmund wrote:Would you do it?!
Most definitely, but it essentially comes down to what sort of person you're dealing with right?
Risk it and fight them off hoping you'll be succesful, or become a Worgen and eliminate any chance of being raised as one of the Forsaken.
Either way it's kind of a lose lose situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 am

HowlDuskmane wrote:Death Knights
It is important to understand that if you Roleplay a Worgen Death knight, you are NOT Gilnean.
Arugal of Shadowfang Keep experimented with the knowledge of a mage called "Ur" which lead him to eventually experiment on the villagers of the nearby town called "Pyrewood Village"
These were tormented and did not undergo any sort of treatment from the Kaldorei and were effectively turned into rampant beasts.
Following the events of Light's Hope Chapel you were most likely killed and enslaved, and finally turned into a Death Knight.
There is actually a lot of Depth to Worgen Death Knights, much more than I have the knowledge to cover so for that purpose I will redirect you to a very refined Death Knight Roleplaying guide that also covers the Worgen Death Knights, by Koranith

Wasn't Silverpine part of Gilneas before king Greymane decided to wall his kingdom off? I think Darius Crowley's rebellion was partly because of that, did he not have Lordship over Amber Mill or whatever that place is called? So I'd say they could count for Gilneans.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:00 am

Charlie Blazesong wrote:So I'd say they could count for Gilneans.
Yes perhaps I should've been more clear on this one.
What I meant by that is that they are not of Gilneas anymore.
Technically the villagers of Pyrewood Village ARE in fact Gilneans, but they are also a part of a nation that was left behind when the wall was built.

Saying that your Worgen Death knight is Gilnean would be the same as implying that they were afflicted during the downfall of Gilneas, which simply isn't the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:01 pm

We ave Worgens in Northrend to if you haven't forgotten, you could also be from Grizzly hills.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Those are Arugal Worgen, and there's been no lore covering them ever being freed of his service.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:22 pm

Oh yeah If i Remember right on that Arugal servants you can as well be from Lordaeron or some sort perhaps? But i don't see why you couldn't be a Gilnean as well technically! But one has to stress it that they weren't part of the Cataclysm zone thingy and well they by then were Arugals servants for a while!

Not sure if i'm right on this but believe when the curse around Gilneas and so spread because Gilneas asked for Arugals help some got into Gilneas too could have perhaps gotten out. Something like that I don't feel like looking into it again.

But yeah you wouldn't have to be specifically a Gilnean I guess.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:36 pm

In the end it depends on how important your background is to you, because if you really wanted to you could stretch it.

It's just kind of tiring to see the whole "Immigrant" and "from the outside" kind of backstory because it's really been done to death and usually reaks of a severe case of special snowflake syndrome.

We ave Worgens in Northrend to if you haven't forgotten, you could also be from Grizzly hills.
No this is simply just not possible.
Just because you see a Worgen (or a group of Worgen for that matter) somewhere, doesn't mean it could be affiliated with the Alliance let alone joining the Alliance.
The Worgen of Grizzly Hills are part of the "Wolfcult" lead by the Shade of Arugal which has been dealt with already so even those guys today are about as present as the Scarlet Crusade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feral / Blackfall Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:45 am

Going to address a few points for the sake of devil's advocacy.  Please don't take this the wrong way; it's a decent guide for new worgen roleplayers as a starting point.  That being said, a lot of it is opinion, which in my own, shouldn't be forced on anyone.  Saying that people "can't" roleplay something, or that it's impossible, isn't a good thing to do, in my eyes, ever.  Give the standard, sure.  But anything can be done with some imagination, and can make for some awesome RP.

No this is simply just not possible.
Just because you see a Worgen (or a group of Worgen for that matter) somewhere, doesn't mean it could be affiliated with the Alliance let alone joining the Alliance.
The Worgen of Grizzly Hills are part of the "Wolfcult" lead by the Shade of Arugal which has been dealt with already so even those guys today are about as present as the Scarlet Crusade.

The worgen in Grizzly Hills -are- part of the Alliance.  They just do the whole "sinister hidden small town secret" thing.  I'm talking Silverbrook, and so on.  The Alliance quest chain has us helping them.  It's MORE than possible that someone could've been bitten up there, or that one or more could have gone to try and join the Alliance instead of fighting them.  Not the standard backstory?  Nope.  Possible?  Most definitely.  And Arugal -worked- for the Lich King.  It's definitely and most certainly possible that he turned over some of his beloved pets for death knight-ing.

I'm not saying you SHOULD RP it, I'm saying you COULD.  Hell, any of the Ashenvale, Duskwood or even Silverpine summoned elven druid worgens, or their turned victims, could technically have become death knights.

So yeah, it very much IS possible, even if you don't like it personally.  I don't see a problem in RPing anything at all as long as it a. doesn't directly contradict lore (and this even doesn't count for some shit when there's more than one contradictory lore source), and b. is RP'd well.

Your Worgen is not capable of lifting a caravan without breaking a sweat or juggle boulders for fun.

Well yeah, except they actually do this in game.  Would I RP it? No, particularly since my worgen is small.  But you can't really say it's impossible since... well, they do it.  To dismiss one NPC out of hand is to dismiss all lore, since a lot of lore sources only come from one NPC or quest.  (Again, I wouldn't DO this, just playing devil's advocate here).

A common mistake I see among Worgen roleplayers is that they act like dogs or wolves.
While you can indeed apply some of these traits to your character, it shouldn't be dominant ones.

Why?  Who says?  If you have a worgen who stops mid-Regiment patrol to sniff a lamppost, why is that "wrong?"  Again you might not like it but there's no defining "amount of canine behavior" that roleplayers MUST adhere to.  If I saw a worgen shitting in the middle of the road I'd take it IC and assume there's something wrong with him, not say "oh he's a bad roleplayer!"  If they chose to make their character more canine for -whatever- reason, I would call it an RP choice, not a "mistake"--even if you disagree with it.  Just me personally.

It is important to understand that if you Roleplay a Worgen Death knight, you are NOT Gilnean.

Yes, you are, unless you chose another backstory of course, but I believe this was already covered!

Your character was ferried straight to Darnassus after you fought the invading Kor'kron forces of the land, and from hereon you are pretty much free to do as you please.

Again--if you stick with the standard backstory, sure.  But anyone can see this by going through the starter zone.  But what if your worgen was from outside the wall? Or was one of the ones not captured, at first, and wandered off?  You sort of have creative freedom from the get-go, not from a predefined Point X.  That's like saying that all humans HAD to have started in Northshire and after that, have creative freedom!

Anyway my point is just that worgen RP "do's and don'ts" aren't really a thing.  There's facts about 'em you can incorporate in, and having lore sources in your guide is great for those new to it, but I'd never tell people "no you can't do that."  So by all means: play a Silverbrook worgen who turned against Arugal.  Play a worgen, who is an elf rather than a human.  As long as it's roleplayed well, and it isn't a direct lorefuck, I have no issues with it.

TL;DR: Much is debatable; I would present it as open suggestions, rather than flat rules, and refrain from calling deviations mistakes!
Feral / Blackfall
Feral / Blackfall

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:14 pm

LOOK it's Sieg's twin brother!

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:18 pm

The worgen in Grizzly Hills -are- part of the Alliance.

I don't think so. From my questing experience they are just a group of humans/people there that the Alliance did business there, that doesn't mean they are -part- of the Alliance. And the others are part of the Wolfcult, actually the trappers are part of the Wolfcult too.

It's known colonies were up in Northrend. Just becouse one is a human doesn't mean one is part of the Alliance, even though in one certain comic the darn unsuspecting night elves believe a certain human assassin more then a certain Belf!

I'd not go as far as saying they can lift things without breaking a sweat metaphorically speaking at the very least, but yes we know Worgen are stronger but I think the stats thing is a nice comparison aka Tauren stronger then a Worgen etc. Imo least.

Lots of people use that bit of dog / wolf acting but if i see a let's say feral worgen sniff someone's crouch and then rolls over and let's you pet his belly I cringe to kingdom kon. Sniffing is kinda thing that comes with the form I guess, though one thing I am unsure is like some Worgen tracking like they are some sort of bloodhounds.

And I mostly mean the been one since Gilneas or so (Bloodfang and the like i'm sure!). I understand the flow of natural instincts and so forth but a Pup dog needs to learn things even, bloodhounds for example are trained. I believe it's good to sniff things out one can surely get the hang of it, but I don't believe to high levels, especially like in cities which is a big difference from like the countryside.

In short: Yes my own opinion is things are more open but if a Worgen shits mid road someone is going to have to take them back to the elves for some checking surely. (Or they could be just drunk who knows)

siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum