Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] Silvermoon City Council

+9
Coppernut
Rargnasha
Urièl
Krogon Devilstep
Allonia_Miral
Dareil Sin'Valor
Thawon
Rin-Lin
Darilas
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[H] Silvermoon City Council - Page 3 Empty Re: [H] Silvermoon City Council

Post by Tarthek Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Hey guys been away on holiday for last three week, a one week holiday turned into three, but hey back now in the rainy north of home. So I'll be on soon to catch up probably some point this week. Miss y'all x
Tarthek
Tarthek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:28 pm

I've a Blood Knight looking for a purpose and a rogue guild looking for contracts.

When's the next meeting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:28 am

Sunblade seeks the Council? Wonders never cease Smile But there is always work for Shadows.

After the Silvermoon Festival, Bloodknights marching south and disappearing like a "lost legion" and Thawon's Hello Magazine wedding - we had a little break from meetings.
However with Tarthek back from extended hols - we hope to sort some things out for the city.
Although IC the meetings are quite relaxed - we try to keep them short - and wherever possible with some humour. There were some good ideas left over from the last one (Ghostlands Bounty Hunt,  Paying Shatterskulls for providing some security while the Order Rebuilds, council changes and so on).
If anyone has a matter to raise or a boon to ask - it is usually better to contact a Councillor ingame to confirm if you want the Council to discuss something - rather than cuff it - lol.

Meranda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:42 am

16 June 14 - The Meeting took place - Celistra, Abulos, Thawon, and Meranda. Tarthek wrote in to update the council with dire news from the South regarding The Bloodknights. Deserters will be hunted and dealt with. Meanwhile recruiting and training for the Bloodknights is a high priority for the City.

The Marauders were thanked for maintaining some order in support of City Guards. Some incidents were raised but overall seem in control.

A Shadow guild attended - contracts have been issued (No details of missions or targets due to Operational Security (OPSEC)).

Thawon still glows with wedded bliss.

Next meeting will deal with developments above and membership of Council but also next events to encourage visitors and trade to our lands and city to be discussed.

Meranda

Note: Rules pasted here for convenience.

Brief Rules
-The meeting will be chaired by a different councillor each week to make the running fair and to stop everyone speaking at once.

-Respect must be shown to each member, no matter differences. (strict one warning then out rule)

-Turn up on time (no one likes to be waiting to start because you cant keep time)

-The open door policy is now closed. Only council members will attend meetings, others can wait nearby and listen in if they so wish.

-Meeting's location and Chair will be announced the week before to give proper planning time to the individual for the following week.

-You hold no authority while in council, all are equal no matter rank or title. (except probably the magisters who hold slight sway due to lore)

(More rules to be decided in future, this is just the basics for now)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Closed meetings? Way to go to stifle participation from the small pool of sin'dorei roleplayers we have left.

I guess someone objected to Vile Thorn turning up? We played nice, I don't really understand the hostility we faced when we have never knowingly done anything against Silvermoon or the Council.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppernut Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:00 pm

[quote="margwethil"*snip*
-The open door policy is now closed. Only council members will attend meetings, others can wait nearby and listen in if they so wish.
*snip*
[/quote]
Why the sudden change?
What brought about this conclusion?
Coppernut
Coppernut

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:28 pm

"""Way to go to stifle participation from the small pool of sin'dorei roleplayers we have left."""
-This cant be an excuse to just get any kind of people in there imo...maybe they had doubts and concerns icly, who knows???

CLosed doors policy: when I joined those councils,that thing avoided a LOT of confusion,and Meranda made sure to get inn at least one representant of the ppl actively rping in Smc.
Its how the council itself was meant when formed,and I talk about that new one(3-4 months I think) not the big old ones.

My 2s Renegade cents....o/
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:33 pm

It wasn't exactly overrun with people, just seems a little counterproductive with the current state of sin'dorei rp to limit it further.

But hey, not my event, up to them what rules they impose. Just a shame we get kicked out in effect just as we had started to try and get involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:44 pm

How about we say that if you have business with the Council, you may come along and deal with it, while if you don't have any real reason to be there, but wish to simply observe, we kindly request you stay silent?

Either way, I don't think it's a good idea to potentially alienate a majority of our already weakened Sin'dorei server population. And, to be honest, we can hardly prevent people from turning up, can we?
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:11 am

My bad I guess - I just cut and pasted the rules from the opening post of 22 Feb 14 (look at Page 1)- so nothing new here.
No reaction at all to recent events or attendance. - it always was.  Closed refers to transition during the formation back in February and march - Not a new event reaction or sinister machination at all.

You have to read from the thread beginning to understand. The "closed" refers to the transition from a mass "open door" meeting designed to find anyone with a potential interest in having some kind of body to help create city oriented events to a more manageable "no more than 2 reps from Silvermoon based - or aligned guilds" back in early march.  

Please read thoroughly before jumping to conclusions - although I understand that if only reading from "last unread post since last visit" sometimes creates these misunderstandings.

Vile Thorns appearance was certaibly welcome at this time - so maybe a case of "send three and fourpence we going to a dance" - it happens. So
To quote Abulos "How about we say that if you have business with the Council, you may come along and deal with it, while if you don't have any real reason to be there, but wish to simply observe, we kindly request you stay silent?" - this is in fact more or less exactly how we been going since start - the "Closed" is maybe a little bit misleading taken out of context - I agree.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:07 am

Apologies, I've not attended the Council in a while and when I used to, it was always open door which is why we turned up as 4. I'd seen it as a guild rp opportunity rather than a personal rp one so not sure we will be getting that involved, will fulfil the contract however.

Thorns is all about inclusion, we come as a pack Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:54 pm

I for one enjoyed seeing your Shadows - and look forward to any result on the contract as I know Thorns will do a bang-up top job of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarthek Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Hey guys, apoligies for my absence for the next month, new job starting so i just don't have the money till end of month, may be back sooner if I'm lucky but I'll try stay in touch.

Apologies
Tarthek
Tarthek
Tarthek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:29 am

No problemo Tarth. We have all been a bit quiet - what with Summer, Light evenings, work and for some, footy. Catch you soon.

Meeting this Thursday - to discuss Summer Games and new Councillors.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Apologies for the delay Magisters, contract has been fulfilled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:17 pm

yo serial superspy killer of Vile thorn...I think youll find it interesting...thanks abulos for lettin me know

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolerien Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Do not thank me when you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion, and not allowing anyone to explain the situation.

And kindly do not derail the Council thread, if you want nothing more to do with Silvermoon.

If you *do*, however, consent to a civil, private discussion, I am of course avaliable to mediate between you and Mr. Sunblade. But you will at least be civil, and arrive at a conclusion logically, and *not* be inclined to immediately take to the forums to solve the dispute. Especially when you know how the trolls are here...

As I said, we would love to have you back. And I stand by that statement. Let's chat, shall we?
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Urièl Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:56 pm

I got contacted in a civil way, before any form of bounty order,that I would have accepted without any probs? Did I got at least killed OOC? even in the mere fight dynamic I stood up after 6 secs ....its just lame and ppl that joins a guild should know how one does things.

I needed the thread jsut to link the screen,so when a guy claims a icly "left for dead" you ll think about it twice and ask a little sort of proof.
Im definetly done,just wisp me or w/e if you want further discussion.

-my message is : you need to "communicate" when you do certain things,you cant just act and think the guy you talk/act about will never know.
Urièl
Urièl

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:25 pm

18 August - Fairbreeze Upper Chamber

Councillors attending - Abulos, Celistra, Dareil, Feltrand, Meranda

Grim - no news yet Celistra on task - Dare to speak Bloodmark
Watch on Thalassian pass - ongoing
Search of Eastern Plaguelands - ongoing
Trade Fair - Planning Meranda

Nice to see so many observers.

Meranda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:23 pm

25 Aug 14
Councillors Attending : Abulos (part),Dareil, Celistra, Meranda
Not Present    Feltrand, Thawon, Sulfarius, Natharia, Tarthek

Grim - no news - Celistra on task - Dareil reported that Bloodmark would write to Council
Watch on Thalassian Pass - Still not effected -report awaited
Search On Eastern Plaguelands - Abulos reported that 3 Dead Bloodknights found and a survivor found in a mine - yet to be questioned
Meranda advised that there was a Magisterial requirement for our Shrines to be refocused - Timetable to be published in a week
The matter of Coldsteel was raised by the reading of a Letter from Ravensun - apparently there was a scrying involving the little known craft of Chronomancy that indicated that Coldsteel had been cursed by a drake of the infinite dragonflight - and trapped in alliance form for many weeks in which time many members of the horde were sadly slain by the cursed individuals.. Somehow on the death of this drake (by person or persons unknown) the curse was lifted, Dareil said that a letter from the Orc Bloodmark supported this. There was a lively discussion about this issue and in view of the peculiarly magical and unusual matters in this and the fact that in all likelihood familes of those killed albeit inadvertently needed explanation and recompense - the meeting broke up without a legal decision. - with lack of quorum (less than 50% of Council) now to be discussed next Council.
Trade Market - Not discussed - deferred to next Council.

Particularly pleasing was the amount of observers showing that the matters of our city attract greater interest - which after all is the whole point.

Meranda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:40 am

01 Sep 14 (Draft)

Councillors Attending : Abulos, Dareil, Feltrand, Meranda
Apologies for absence : Celistra
Not Present    Thawon, Sulfarius, Natharia, Tarthek

(Note this meeting took place despite ongoing incursions against the city. Security reported several waves just during the meeting alone. Very worrying times)

Grim - no news - Celistra on task - Dareil reported no news on Bloodmark writing to Council

Watch on Thalassian Pass - Still not effected - report awaited

Search On Eastern Plaguelands - Abulos reported that cultists had been engaged and a sophisticated laboratory found near a cave in the Plaguelands. Investigations continue.

Feltrand expanded on the magisterial requirement for our Shrines to be refocused - after discussion it was agreed that he lead a mission to engage druidic sources to assist in refocusing the four runestones and begin to restore defences against residual plague and incursions.

The matter of Coldsteel was raised and recommendations accepted that he and his warband be exonerated. They are to be given the chance to prove loyalty to the horde. Compensation to be paid for bereaved Sindorei and defence of the lands and pass to be part of the test.

Trade Market - Not discussed due to incursions. It simply is not the time to have merchants and valuable  goods moving on the roads with the terror of almost daily incursions - deferred to next Council.

Council membership. This was discussed at length. Membership of the council is by unaminous ratification by the council of recommended candidates. They must be Sindorei, loyal to the Lord Regent, and have a track record of working for the benefit of Quel thalas.

The Councillor is required to attend council as often as possible to ensure things run smoothly and to give benefit of knowledge and wisdom. Life sometimes makes this difficult - but the Council needs active members.

After much analysis it was passed that non-attending councillors who did not contact the council with reasons would in effect de facto resign the chairs.

Meranda would write to absent councillors to inform them.

This included Sulfarius, Tarthek and Preceptor Meadows.

The sad news of Thawon's severe illness on returning from expedition was shared and great concern for his improvement expressed. Our wishes for his complete recovery were to be sent together with a store of helpful fruits and herbs. A physician to be engaged to assist in treatment.

Please advise if I have omitted anything.

Meranda

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkirin/Cass Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Wait wait wait ... when did all this lovely Belf Rp start happening.. had been for a while trying to build some up and now I see it has flourished on its own xD
Valkirin/Cass
Valkirin/Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Feltrand Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 pm

06. October, 2014 (Draft)

Councillors Attending: Abulos, Dareil, Feltrand, Celistra
Newly appointed: Uriel Coldsteel
Apologies for absence: None
Not Present: Thawon

On this day, the Councilors dismissed off Meranda Silverbrook, with votes three in favor and one abstained. The reason for it was irrational behaviorism and disregardment of councilors equality. The bonus of it was that she had also asked for apologie of the absence due the Child. Whilest council is happy to hear of her child, same time we know it would take much of the time from her and would create additional stress to her, thus leading to... Unpleasent happenings onwards further.

The newly apointed Uriel Coldsteel at that point had not engaged into voting. We recruited him into the council afterwards.

Coldsteel told to council of the new possible threat, the alliance forces movements at the Aerie Peak- meaning the lands between us and Neihbouring Forsakens. The council decided to keep situation monitored and Abulos Sunwing told that we shall soon look to promoting new Blood Knight Lord, so that Uriel's forces, shall not be alone in the task of protecting Silvermoon.

Afterwards, the Council continued with the point of re-hersing the happening in Tanaris and Twilight highlands.

Feltrand Ravensun also pointed out on few Kidnapings that werent conected, but that city is not secure exactly: Guards are needed as it seems.
(to the point: seems alike a good RP spot is to be filled in either of the guilds as the blood Knight master or Adept who would run around Wayfarer).

If there is anything missing out, please let me know. It is hard to keep everyone satisfied same time in game and on forum.

Feltrand.
Feltrand
Feltrand

Location : Fort Raven's Hold in Frostfire - Hillsbrad foothills - Silvermoon - Shattrath

Character sheet
Name: Feltrand Ravensun
Title: Chronomancer Magister Artist

http://feltrandravensunart.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3