Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Silvermoon Council!

+14
Muzjhath
Antistia
Dyrael/Alexandra
Kristeas Sunbinder
Mandui
Cathee Norris
Elízabéth Moren
(Goggy) - Exilius
Zhakiri
Geldar
Nayan
Cid
Saevir
Rhenchu
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Silvermoon Council! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Silvermoon Council!

Post by Rhenchu Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:This seems like a great (and I'm sure much needed!)
Oh and I'd like to point out that Silvermoon City already has a leader: Lor'themar!

I believe the King of stormwind leads the city well? Still someone needs to take control, and maintain a certain bound between the factions, as we all know all the factions together would be a difficult adversary for the Alliance, and other enemies aswell. I can only grantee that this will succeed if as many as possible takes part in it. It would make a great community for the Blood elfs. Smile
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri May 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Can I read a yes or a no in ending the rivalry between the factions in that?

As the factions do stand together when it comes down to it, they just look down upon one another otherwise.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 pm

And that will hopefully change, As that the Sunwell is restored, There is no need for the Blood knights to ''steal'' the Light, they could start to worship it again, which could bring a new era for the Blood elves. But yes I aim to hopefully either reduce the rivalry, or remove it fully. Smile
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri May 14, 2010 2:51 pm

That is something I am deadset against.

What you said in your last post has already happened largely, the essence of the rivalry has changed but the rivalry is still there. Blood Knights no longer steal the Light, but they.. Worship it? Serve it? Either way, it's no longer the same Blood Knight order that we saw at the beginning of The Burning Crusade, that was an order who opportunistically took the Light from M'uru instead of gaining it through serving a 'good' cause as the order does now.

That change is the most important in the changing rivalry between the Blood Knights and the Farstriders.
While the Farstriders were opposed to the Blood Knights ways out of a moral standing (stealing the Light) and the Blood Knights generally just caring about power this has changed, the dynamic is now that the Farstriders are experiencing an 'I-told-you-so-moment' and the Blood Knight philosophy has changed dramatically.

Now, I'm sure you already knew this all but bear with me here.

The rivalry existing between all the factions in Silvermoon is -the- best indication we have of the political landscape in Quel'Thalas, these factions are working together to further the interests of the kingdom but they greatly disagree with the approach that should be taken.
In a way, this tension adds an interesting dynamic to Belf RP which is a key feature of its political landscape. This tension however is seen very little when you look at the various Belf RPers if you ask me, a pity in my opinion as I would love to see it more often.

In my opinion, any established council should within the framework of this rivalry, with a few compromisers perhaps, but it should not be something that ought to be removed because it adds a beautiful layer to political Belf RP. This rivalry can add interesting dynamics to the council, it can slow the workings of the council down but it would be worth it.

Of course I realize what I just wrote is something that is something which is very dependent on the people that would eventually form this council, or maintained artificially, but all in all I think you shouldn't aim to remove this rivalry as it is already so scarse to find amongst Belf roleplayers in my experience, instead, you should work with with it, amplify it if need be, the dynamics of the council would be far more interesting, far more amusing and far more realistic if this rivalry is worked with.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri May 14, 2010 3:31 pm

I think the factions don't get the chance to have a rivalry, there's always something else that requires attention (Alliance, Scourge, forsaken, etc.)

If the threat becomes relatively less, for example being able to field a bigger army (wich the council could lead too), you would be able to get a rivalry where every military sort of unit (battle mages, knights, farstriders) believes they are worth the most during a battle.

In my experience there isn't a rivalry between factions because either one faction outnumbers the others (*cough* blood knights) or the individuals from the factions are packed together for quite a while and have to learn to work together.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Fri May 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Cerr, conflict is assured of popping up in the council no matter what, simply because the average belf in Silvermoon has an ego the size of the Sunfury Spire itself. Whatever the state of relations between NPC groupings within Silvermoon is largely irrelevant to that.

Whatever people end up in this council will have plenty to argue about with each and the people they are trying to coordinate.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Fri May 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Varanis wrote:
Shaelyssa wrote:This seems like a great (and I'm sure much needed!)
Oh and I'd like to point out that Silvermoon City already has a leader: Lor'themar!

I believe the King of stormwind leads the city well? Still someone needs to take control, and maintain a certain bound between the factions, as we all know all the factions together would be a difficult adversary for the Alliance, and other enemies aswell. I can only grantee that this will succeed if as many as possible takes part in it. It would make a great community for the Blood elfs. :)

Of course! To elaborate on why I mentioned Lor'themar: I hope that this council will not be instituting any invented laws and if they do, then I just hope they'll be logical in the sense that they won't be something:

A QUEL'THALAS-WIDE CURFEW HAS BEEN INITIATED. ALL BLOOD ELVES AND OTHER CITIZENS OF QUEL'THALAS MUST BE INSIDE THEIR RESPECTIVE HOMES AFTER SUNDOWN.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if you oppressive blood elves did something like that, *snort* haha! In any case, I'd just like to extend my best wishes once more: good luck!
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Fri May 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Smarty pants, name the number of houses that can be used as homes -_-
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri May 14, 2010 3:47 pm

They surely do get the chance to create and sustain the political tension (I think this may be a better definition of what we're describing here), Kristeas, as I said, either through its members envisioning a different future for Quel'Thalas or looking down upon others as being say, stuck in their ways, foolish, short-sighted etc.

And you are correct, this tension either flares up or goes away during certain situations, you may get people believing they are worth most during a battle and you may get the Blood Knights blaming the ways of the Farstriders after a crushing defeat.

And again I must admit you are correct, Kristeas, we've gone over this as well during the last days of my stay in SB and it can be attributed to a large amount of factors, you have probably the most influential one right there.

And Saevir, I completely agree with you, there is bound to be conflict within the council, I have no doubt of that. But the way the Player Classes and NPC groupings are intertwined for Belves I'd say the state of relations between the NPC groupings are extremely relevant to that, so what I'm essentialy advocating is to work within the framework placed by Blizzard upon the Belf political landscape rather than trying to change the essence of it, it should not be ignored, it should not dictate the council entirely, but it should not be changed too much either. It only has advantages regarding immersion to work within that framework.

Edit: Or horror of horrors, Shae, give the people the right to criticize their Regent-Lord.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Fri May 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Just a poke for who ever is setting this up.

I've got a belf and might be able to assist in some way, although not being able to be a councillor myself as I am quite busy with other more important stuff.

So just PM me here if you need any help.
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Sat May 15, 2010 2:54 am

I like the idea, really, though the Gnome Tinker's Court has its meetings at the same time as your planned meetings so it's doubtful I'll get personally involved.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Sun May 16, 2010 5:08 pm

We can not care for the meetings of the lesser races now can we? Razz
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2