Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you dream of for the good of Roleplaying?

+9
Sohan
Kittrina
Anivitas
Allonia_Miral
siegmund
Lexgrad
Charlie Blazesong
Thelos
Littlepip
13 posters

Go down

What do you dream of for the good of Roleplaying? Empty What do you dream of for the good of Roleplaying?

Post by Skarain Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 pm

What do you dream of seeing/creating/contributing/happening on the Roleplaying scene of the future?

I dream of many things, all around contribute, create and promote Roleplaying on the Defias Brotherhood. While i have ideas, i do not have the time to make them to happen, being the leader of one guild already. Most things i hope have been around the gray sector, illegal or semi-illegal or least questionable concepts and roleplaying guilds. I have dream about creating a Thieve's Guild like guild, climbing on rooftops, sneaking through shadows, avoiding to be detected while stealing, breaking in to buildings in the night of Stormwind and elsewhere - the generally sneakier activity instead of the Thug-like style. Another similar thing i've dreamed about is to have a mercenary group around, with the dying of Blades for Hire, a mercenary roleplaying guild, very loosely aligned, connected by the coin brought by the job. Third would be a group of people focus on get exotic goods, relics, all manner of things for sake for the Black Market event i already organize, and slowly build a business imperium starting from that. All such, if they were ever to rise up, likewise other places that could use a magus lurking in the shadows and hallways with extensive knowledge of dark arts and arcane magic, i would likely join and contribute to the best of my capability.

I have also been toying with the following concept:

A guild-less group (that doesn't require you to join any guild) of loosely aligned people for a common goal, to explore faraway and dangerous places in search of ancient relics, magical knowledge, rare minerals, forgotten knowledge, wealth or just the thrill of Adventure. Gathering in a tavern occasionally to recruit aid for their expeditions. Summed in one word: Adventure.

Example: A priest and paladin needing aid to search for a holy relic from Stratholme, where a gnome joins for the adventure, and a thief and a Warlock both to steal the relic for themselves.

Example2: A group of adventurers head deep into the deserts of Uldum, a religious one seeking spirtual enlightenment from the journey, a mechanic wanting to learn about Titan technology, a spellcaster to learn ancient dark magic used by Neferset tribe and a scholar to record ancient history into books.

All such things, i could join, i could contribute, but not lead. I can't lead more than one guild at a time.

Last edited by Inran/Skarain on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

What do you dream of for the good of Roleplaying? Empty Re: What do you dream of for the good of Roleplaying?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Meh.

This feels like an e-peen thread sort of. It's a well known and established fact that the server is riding off the efforts of a handful of people, mostly guild masters and initiative officers.

The rest are along for the ride and would probably migrate if it wasn't for the small handful.

I will answer the second part though:

Skarain wrote:What do you dream of seeing/creating/contributing to in the future?
I dream of many things, all around contribute, create and promote Roleplaying on the Defias Brotherhood. While i have ideas, i do not have the time to make them to happen, being the leader of one guild already.
Pretty much same.

Back to top Go down

What do you dream of for the good of Roleplaying? Empty Re: What do you dream of for the good of Roleplaying?

Post by Skarain Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Good point risen up. Edited accordingly, to fit the thread purpose better.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Inran wrote:Example2: A group of adventurers head deep into the deserts of Uldum, a religious one seeking spirtual enlightenment from the journey, a mechanic wanting to learn about Titan technology, a spellcaster to learn ancient dark magic used by Neferset tribe and a scholar to record ancient history into books.
I have been thinking about this myself, only problem is that I don't have the time to set it up right.
I have also been thinking about setting up a new Dark Guild for research and development, and of course evil. Twisted Evil 
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:29 pm

That people play interesting characters.

That's all I can realisticly ask for.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Inran/Skarain wrote:Example2: A group of adventurers head deep into the deserts of Uldum, a religious one seeking spirtual enlightenment from the journey, a mechanic wanting to learn about Titan technology, a spellcaster to learn ancient dark magic used by Neferset tribe and a scholar to record ancient history into books.
This is exactly what I wanted to do with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but it didn't get much response, or I didn't set it up right-- Either way, it never got started.

Also... It's sort of what "Freelancers" is doing, and it is what "Blades for Hire" should be doing. Smile

(And what Wild Tempest could be doing.)

(( And what the Marauders will be doing. ))
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:07 am

erwtenpeller wrote:
Inran/Skarain wrote:Example2: A group of adventurers head deep into the deserts of Uldum, a religious one seeking spirtual enlightenment from the journey, a mechanic wanting to learn about Titan technology, a spellcaster to learn ancient dark magic used by Neferset tribe and a scholar to record ancient history into books.
This is exactly what I wanted to do with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but it didn't get much response, or I didn't set it up right-- Either way, it never got started.

Also... It's sort of what "Freelancers" is doing, and it is what "Blades for Hire" should be doing. Smile

And what the Reliquary probably has interest in doing? I cannot speak for the guild as my alt is just a digger. Now a digger with amnesia.
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 am

I would love to get the Marauders and the Reliquary to work together. The Reliquary can hire the marauders as extra muscle for digging, defending and ancient-evil-defeating!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:33 am

This need to go to Gnivil at once!
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:43 am

Thelos wrote:That people play interesting characters.

That's all I can realisticly ask for.
That really, take away all the fluff and there are a legion of simplistic arsehats to RP with.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:23 am

Now that Freelancers will be back to Stormwind i plan to let people take a breather, regroup and go hunting again! Of course it's always better to group up with others and head out. And if we find horde scum trying to take artifacts? Well could always do, maybe do some RP-PvP even or just something else.

Though i guess for now we've mostly just included a few other guilds, so could expand on that but I'm not really great with handeling too big things. But things i seem to lack a bit is like, i'll just quote:
interesting characters
a religious one seeking spirtual enlightenment from the journey, a mechanic wanting to learn about Titan technology, a spellcaster to learn ancient dark magic
As in more self char intrest in things. It's more fun for me to get ideas ICly from people that aren't officers even, but still focus on things let's say more "Useful" of nature. Since even just two can have their own adventure but you really have to sometimes motivate some to do so.

Kinda why lately I try and make expeditions and things more of a "How does your char aproach the matter" and not just mainly "Bash and smash and get the loot". Or something similar. But i'm still trying to get the hang of doing events now and then.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Allonia_Miral Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:03 am

It does seem a lot of time that personal motivation lacks for the chars taking part in these things. Would make them even more interesting than they already are.

Edit:
Also, cool villains.
Allonia_Miral
Allonia_Miral

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:04 am

erwtenpeller wrote:This is exactly what I wanted to do with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], but it didn't get much response, or I didn't set it up right-- Either way, it never got started.

Blades used to do stuff like that back in the day, but as far as I'm aware, they are not really around anymore.
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:32 am

Yeah far as I'm aware Blades are on haitus pretty much.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 am

I knooooooow. It's a dreadful shame, I had so much fun bartending for them. Very Happy
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sohan Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm still around Sad
Sohan
Sohan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://canthandlemyswag.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Inran/Skarain wrote:
I dream of many things, all around contribute, create and promote Roleplaying on the Defias Brotherhood.
I used to dream and try do things sadly only so much I can take of "RPers" <term loosly used ofc > telling you that you go too far,this and that  either makes no sense,is loling,lore rape,physically impossable ..... ect..ect

As for the lack of time I can relate double jobbing again untill schools break up around xmass so Sad
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 am

I dream of us moving away from labeling guilds good/evil/neutral and rather go about it more ambiguously, like could be done with Mass Effect's Renegade/Paragon-classification (hero/anti-hero, instead of hero/villain, differing means rather than goals, etc).

I dream of harsh guild rivalry existing between guilds.

I dream of rival guild leaders having tea over the chessboard in an inn they deem neutral ground, Magneto/Xavier-style.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:22 am

Berahnek wrote:I dream of us moving away from labeling guilds good/evil/neutral and rather go about it more ambiguously, like could be done with Mass Effect's Renegade/Paragon-classification (hero/anti-hero, instead of hero/villain, differing means rather than goals, etc).

I dream of harsh guild rivalry existing between guilds.

I dream of rival guild leaders having tea over the chessboard in an inn they deem neutral ground, Magneto/Xavier-style.
1.) Like if a Military Company of the Alliance suddenly is willing to use weapons of mass destruction, unhonorable tactics, Warlocks and that like? But still prefer not to murder innocent or civilians. Where would we end up as? Semi anti-hero'es?

2.) I could try set out more competition between other military guilds and orders. Will see where that would build up into.

3.) Maybe in the future. I don't have rival guilds as of yet.

All good dreams!
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Horde's full of bitter rivalries at the moment, and it's only escalating!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:49 pm

That does sound delicious.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Could hold another tournement Like the one out in Dun Mough Raenmar held  a few months back?
Other than that I'll hope people just get this notion out of their head that they know it all and poke holes in other's RP ((some hope))

Last edited by Kyrby on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:05 pm

That's not rivalry! That's sportsmanship!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Kyrby wrote:could hold another tournement Like the one out in Dun Mough Raenmar held  a few months back?
You mean the archery, real PvP duels and X thingy? Would be fun I supose to do so again.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:26 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:That's not rivalry! That's sportsmanship!
well idk I once spent 3-4 months  trying to get guard guilds in diseray and also 2-2.5 months to get the guard guilds to ICly gang up on  RHS and weed out a few of the less loyal and more expendable of the cartel.

Elorash was the only one who played along and his was a military guild not a guard unit
** Honerable mention to Soggy who tried to betray Bob and the cartel and didn't mind suffering the consequences of his actions and he was delicious
<Pic to come later>

Not to mention the whole Lock sect that attacked other  fallen locks or weaklings XD To this day ppl dispute my interprtation of lock / dark arts lore

Sadly poor old Bob was told to f**k off even when had the rank of guard captain and walked right up to fellow guard commanders and heads of guilds with evidance donated by the cartel.

The old cartel had some good turf wars until ninjaitus took over on a certin guild

And ofc the rivialy between DoL /Black Hand.... errrg

Problem with the rivially bit on allience side is always OOC.Rivally on their OOC Terms and nobody elses.Sure remember how scarlets whined over prosecution for shooting ppl and burning ppl alive?

Last edited by Kyrby on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Honourable mention needed adding)
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down