Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server lore and whatnot

+16
Vaell
Anivitas
Dolerien
Helmut
Cid
Drustai
Rargnasha
Lexgrad
Grim
Raelan
Rmuffn
Jeanpierre
Amaryl
siegmund
erwtenpeller
Tuomas/Decurius
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Server lore and whatnot - Page 2 Empty Re: Server lore and whatnot

Post by Dolerien Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:35 pm

It won't be two months. As we have stated, repeatedly, we are acting it out in time with the flex raid unlocks.
And if it's not affecting you, why kick up a fuss in the first place?

/thread lock?
Dolerien
Dolerien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Raelan wrote:Also good to see you suddenly remember, Drustai.
I never "forgot". The point I was making before was that sure, we treated heroic kills as being the actual defeat in theory. But in practice, it was almost never reacted to until the end of the patch. Deathwing, for example, had a whole thread talking about treating his heroic demise as his actual demise. In practice, no one roleplayed his demise until the end of the patch.

Also, it may not be two months. That was my initial plan, but the rebellion RPers seem poised to wrap it up sooner. In order to synchronize with them, we may handle things differently. The main thing is keeping RP rolling for the duration of the patch.
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Drustai wrote:
Raelan wrote:Also good to see you suddenly remember, Drustai.
I never "forgot". The point I was making before was that sure, we treated heroic kills as being the actual defeat in theory. But in practice, it was almost never reacted to until the end of the patch. Deathwing, for example, had a whole thread talking about treating his heroic demise as his actual demise. In practice, no one roleplayed his demise until the end of the patch.

That's likely because not everyone is synched. I'm sure some people RP'd before the patch was over. But it's near impossible to make EVERY roleplayer on the server roleplay the same thing.
Which your concept as well will do. There's probably going to be people who already claims Garrosh is dead, and those who claims it mid-patch and those at the end of the patch.

I think the concept of letting first Heroic Kill (or somesuch) decide when a big bad guy dies, is so that -everyone- has a path to follow. Everyone knows that "okay, this is where a lot of people will decide he's going to die, maybe I should tag along. Or not?"

However your own idea feels a little secluded and won't necessarily give off the same oppertunity to everyone. Instead of having a known deadline to ignore or go with, there's not a couple of Roleplayers who's decided when he'll die, which gives people who perhaps can't participate a different chance to take part in that. While the first Heroic Kill is something everyone can keep track off and aknowledge (or not).

And while I wasn't around for Illidan or Zul'Jin. I know Arthas was decided as first Heroic Kill.

Eitherway I think that sums Raelan's aggression a little better. This comes down to conviniency for the entire community, not the entire DefiasRP or whoever can attend your campaign-event. There'll be confusion, heck even First Heroic Kill leaves confusion, but in the end that's up to every individual roleplayer. All we can do is to choose the best path so that the most players will go the same way.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Anivitas Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 pm

As far as I know, and people can correct me if I'm wrong, cause I may be. But I don't think that anyone that is actually playing the game anymore has complained about this?

Edit : As far as I've seen, nobody has said -this- is the way it has to be done, some people have simply taken steps forward to do something different, and plenty want to go along with it. I don't really understand why anyone thinks that is wrong per say? It might be different to the past, but Defias has changed, for better or worse is down to personal opinion, but the fact remains.

Last edited by Anivitas on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Anivitas
Anivitas

Character sheet
Name: The Reaper.
Title: Titleception.

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:43 pm

or not
This. So basically. Who. The. Heck. Cares. No one ideas will work 100% of time time. No one idea is perfect. None is the best. We can all decide on our own what to follow as said.

And some are following this. Get over it.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am

Why not a 2 week gap between a patch coming out and the end result unfolding? That's not a long wait and it caters to the not so active bunch. We also usually know a patch is coming out a week before (at the very least) so 3 weeks is plenty time to plan a big event!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:22 am

Izaa wrote:However your own idea feels a little secluded and won't necessarily give off the same oppertunity to everyone. Instead of having a known deadline to ignore or go with, there's not a couple of Roleplayers who's decided when he'll die, which gives people who perhaps can't participate a different chance to take part in that. While the first Heroic Kill is something everyone can keep track off and aknowledge (or not).

And while I wasn't around for Illidan or Zul'Jin. I know Arthas was decided as first Heroic Kill.
This part. I wasn't around for Illidan or Zul'jin myself, but when a week or so after the ICC patch we suddenly were to RP the LK dead? It just felt... empty. Many of us didn't get a chance to participate in this event, because it occured too fast. And now we suddenly are going to miss out RP'ing Garrosh's fall after one day? If I had anything to say back then about Arthas demise, it would've been "Screw that!" and keep on RP'ing until we RP'ers brought him down. Because quite frankly, it is a VERY bad way to go for RP if we do NOT RP out everything possible, and just... let it go. What the hell does RP/PvE/P'ers think of us when we say "Garrosh is dead already, no need to go to Orgrimmar to camp it" and miss out a shitload of RP?

That is just a foolish attitude to have, and selfdestructive for the community.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:48 am

We got a long wait ahead of us, might as well make the most of it.

Why ruin the experience for others, for your own selfish gain in this matter? It seems completely pointless. Garrosh can be defeated tomorrow, yesterday, patch day, during the dawn of the next expansion.
When a group decides it is reasonable for Them that he's fallen, he's fallen. But only to them, and they have to be careful with that. If the party they counter does not consider him fallen, they need to have something prepared so that they do not step on toes.

Therefor, be very wary of claiming Garrosh has been defeated and praise the sun.
In the end, RP is about respecting each others space, as much as we love not to.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:14 am

We got a long wait ahead of us, might as well make the most of it.

Why ruin the experience for others, for your own selfish gain in this matter? It seems completely pointless. Garrosh can be defeated tomorrow, yesterday, patch day, during the dawn of the next expansion.
When a group decides it is reasonable for Them that he's fallen, he's fallen. But only to them, and they have to be careful with that. If the party they counter does not consider him fallen, they need to have something prepared so that they do not step on toes.

Therefor, be very wary of claiming Garrosh has been defeated and praise the sun.
In the end, RP is about respecting each others space, as much as we love not to.
+1
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:21 am

You know, you don't get to decide these things for the entire role-playing community. Only for those you directly play with.

I see no problems with some players treating Garrosh as already IC dead and another group of players still fighting the good fight and yet another group claiming to actually have slayed the beast. It's a dangerous illusion to believe that everybody's role-play needs to be perfectly synced up to a standardized schedule.

Be flexible.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:39 am

I think it is more odd about half the characters on the server are apparently under the impression Garrosh is dead even though he's very much alive and going to stand on trial :p
Emrys
Emrys

Character sheet
Name: Emrys Sunwing
Title: Priestess

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:41 am

Emrys wrote:I think it is more odd about half the characters on the server are apparently under the impression Garrosh is dead even though he's very much alive and going to stand on trial :p
I don't think that's odd at all.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:12 pm

I don't know why everyone is acting like this is something that was rushed. Everyone knew the Garrosh patch would be out in September at the start of last month!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:14 pm

And we have been preparing for it! What a Face
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Cos RPers love to fight. The only true way is my way (or for RPers with basic social skills, My friends and I).

The irony is cooperation is a vital part of RP XD.

Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Whatever happened to simply RP'ing it in your own time and if confusion or crossed-dates pop up, avoid it and talk about/RP something else?

Really quite the pointless thread over something so silly as inevitable differences of opinion.

May as well ask a dog and cat if a meow is better than a bark.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Krogon Devilstep wrote:May as well ask a dog and cat if a meow is better than a bark.
Mewing, clearly.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:03 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:
Krogon Devilstep wrote:May as well ask a dog and cat if a meow is better than a bark.
Mewing, clearly.
I though everyone knew that.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Clearly you're both barking up the wrong tree.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2