Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Stonehammer Clan

+5
Grim
Krogon Devilstep
Vardrek/Burgen
Skarain
Janard Karn
9 posters

Go down

[A] Stonehammer Clan Empty [A] Stonehammer Clan

Post by Janard Karn Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:24 am

STONEHAMMER CLAN

OOC INFO:
Myself, Forin. And Thrundain decided to make this guild when we wanted to stand out alittle. Not be a part of the huge rabble that has now become The Three Hammers. (No offence intended in the word "rabble"), and instead wanted to do something different. Not to be part of one huge load of Clans together in one guild, but one HUGE, lone clan fighting to survive against all the horrors that befall Azeroth as the time come and goes.

HISTORY:
Stonehammer Clan was founded around 600 years ago, by the first Stonehammer, a warrior of which was nammed after his mighty weapon. An enchanted, unbreakable hammer of stone.

They were originally nomads. Traveling across the Hinterlands and sometimes the surrounding areas of Hillsbrad and Arathi, relying on what nature had to offer to help them survive. When the three dwarven clans united, they settled down. Some of their members still wandering the wilds, but most of them remaining in their new home.

When the Cataclysm erupted all over Azeroth, Forin along with his Father, the second Thane of the clan were believed to have perished during the horrible events that the Cataclysm brought along with it, probably at the hands of aggravated elementals of some sort.

With the heir of the Clan and the Thane missing, there was only one person able to take up the mantle. Thrundain. A mighty warrior of the Clan, but not a hugely brilliant leader. He had a large amount of weight on his shoulders but he did NOT let the Clan down.

But now, after a long time of being missing... Forin Stonehammer has returned... Although alone, he took up the mantle of Thane immediately from Thrundain and brought his hammer down onto the rabble that was once a mighty clan, and whipped them back into shape!

Who or what exactly makes a good Stonehammer?
A good Stonehammer is a warrior. This is because of how they originally had to survive when they were nomads. They often raided bandit and highwayman camps, looting them for valuables and food, etc.

Due to their high value of traits like honor and glory, they jumped at the chance to fight in wars, being around to crush some Orcish skulls in the Second War, but don't let this make you think the whole Clan is just warriors... You would be very wrong. Stonehammer Clan also values shamanistic magic and rune-magic, mastering how to control and imbue the elements into various different things.

And just like all Dwarves, the Dwarves of Stonehammer Clan love a good mug of ale in the evening... Or perhaps ten...

Rankings, from highest to lowest:

Thane:
The current Thane of Stonehammer Clan is Forin Stonehammer III. He is a strong and mighty ruler of the Clan and orders his warriors with an iron fist, not letting one warrior step out of line, as it could well cost them victory! And he would NOT be happy about that at all!

Tier 1:
Warlord, the highest ranking warriors of the Clan. The Warlords act for Forin in case he is too far away from a certain group of troops to give them their orders. But as well as being strong leaders, they are also fierce, hammer-swinging Wildhammer dwarves!

Gryphon Master, due to Stonehammer Clan's strong Wildhammer heritage, they have many Gryphons and riders to attend to, meaning that a few men and women need to take charge of that! That's why the Gryphon Masters are around. Masters of aerial combat and tending to gryphon's every need.

Siege Master, just because Stonehammer Clan like to get up close and personal to their enemies doesn't mean they don't use siege equipment! That's right! Cannons, siege-engines, catapults. You name it. And they need some intelligent people to take charge of their construction!

Tier 2:
Warbrand, these are the stronger veteran warriors of the clan, making up the main bulk as... Well... Most of Stonehammer Clan are veteran warriors! They live and breathe war, and that is why Stonehammer Warbrands... Are the scariest of Warbrands.

Gryphon Rider, every dwarf knows of the hugely renown gryphon riders of Wildhammer Clan! Well Stonehammer... They have a LOT of these guys. When you hear the horn of battle, there will be plenty of gryphon riders storming the skies at that very moment. And most will likely be of Stonehammer Clan!

Bombardier, the demolitionists, cannoneers, and siege warriors. These are the men and women who design, create and drive the huge contraptions made within Stonehammer Clan. Truely people to be feared!

Tier 3:
Warrior, the protectors, watchers and guardians of those who are defenceless within Stonehammer Clan... They may not be veterans like the Warbrands are, but they can swing a hammer like any warrior can! And there are always people who need to be defended.

Gryphon Keeper, these men and women are the future Gryphon Riders of tomorrow. They may not have their own gryphons yet, and they sure as the Sha can't throw a hammer like a Gryphon Rider can... But they'll get there soon!

Engineer, the generic engineers that put together the various siege machines that are used within Stonehammer Clan. Someone needs to do the heavy lifting, right? And these are the people to do it!

Well... That's all there is to it! We wanted to design something alittle different to the usual groups within The Three Hammers while also giving a nice welcoming and friendly atmosphere. I hope to see some of you onboard!

All work on the history of the Clan goes to Thrundain, nice work, buddy! I, Forin did all the ranking myself and ofcourse made a few tweaks to the history to make it alittle more enclosed.

Last edited by Forin Stonehammer on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mentions)
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet
Name: Janard Karn
Title: Ex-Bloodsail Corsair

Back to top Go down

[A] Stonehammer Clan Empty Re: [A] Stonehammer Clan

Post by Skarain Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:42 am

In what areas do you intend to roleplay at? Do you have plans of moving around the world or do you stick to a single location. Will you function as a family, or a military unit -like. Will the Clan accept outsider dwarves to join the clan, and would that require one to form family bonds, get lads and lasses together to be a big nice clan.

Also can we get pictures of some handsome dwarves?
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vardrek/Burgen Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Looks like a fairly good wildhammer clan though i'd say siege would focus more on things like catapults,ballista's etc if they are and more archaic explosives for the bombardiers, wildhammer's aren't lovey dovey with oily tech.

Other than that everything is perfect and well thought out good luck to ye lad!
Vardrek/Burgen
Vardrek/Burgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:41 pm

We will be taking outsiders into the Clan, as we intend on giving other clans the benefit of learning about Wildhammer and giving them a chance to go out and become things that only Wildhammers can be like Gryphon Riders, etc. So anyone who is of Bronzebeard or Dark Iron heritage, don't be shy!

Thanks for the feedback, Burgen. I'll look into your suggestions. Thanks!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Also, we will most likely be RPing around Thelsamar until we become much larger, and when that time comes we intend on moving into the town of Aerie Peak. So feel free to swing by.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Here are those screenshots for you, Inran!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Best of luck!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Thank you very much, Krogon!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Sounds fun!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:45 pm

We hope it will be in the near future! Thank you, Grim.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:29 pm

A quick lore update for all you Stonehammer fans:

THE STONEHAMMER
The legendary warhammer of Stonehammer Clan was forged over 10,000 years ago by an Earthen.
The Hammer-head, is made of smooth granite, with elementals runes etched into it, and it's said to be nearly indestructable.
When the sundering came, and the earthen went into a slumber beneath the earth, the creator of the Stonehammer, took the legendary, runic hammer with him.
When he woke up, and found that he, and the others were afflicted with the curse of flesh, he brought the Stonehammer with him, and it were passed down from father to son, untill an ambitious member of the Stonehammer bloodline formed a clan, which he named after his own warhammer.

Another Thrundain special on Clan lore!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Calisar Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Sounds good stuff Wink hope to catch you around on mah alt!
Calisar
Calisar

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 pm

I'll keep an eye out for you, Calisar! Thanks!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jormus Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Good forum citizenship dictates that I wish ye good luck,
But I'd rather shave off yer beards and use 'em to string a duck!
Jormus
Jormus

Location : Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Character sheet
Name: Jormus Darrowfell
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Xienlai/Khordun wrote:Good forum citizenship dictates that I wish ye good luck,
But I'd rather shave off yer beards and use 'em to string a duck!
Worry not! We Red blades provide this service to all Dwarves, Free of charge!

Last edited by Krogon Devilstep on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Good luck with that, Khurdan. You'll need it, buddy!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:18 pm

A good initative.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Thank you, Gogol.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:16 am

Another lore update courtesy of Thrundain, the last two Thanes before Forin are as follows:

Beran the Beserker, mightiest warrior ever known to be within Stonehammer Clan, he died in battle against Trolls around the Hinterlands. He was the strongest warrior to have wielded The Stonehammer, and he did so with honor!

Gedran the Glorious, a mighty leader and the Thane that came before Beran, he wasn't much for fighting considering the culture of Stonehammer Clan, but he did his best with what he could in such dark times for the Clan. He was one of the greatest leaders Stonehammer Clan had ever seen.
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Will stop by when I head up North *fuzzy worgen Hug*
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 pm

No way... A worgen hug... I just... NO! Don't tempt me... No.. I have to... RRGH! *Hug back* :3
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 am

Forin Stonehammer wrote:No way... A worgen hug... I just... NO! Don't tempt me... No.. I have to... RRGH! *Hug back* :3
...I'l trade you a pint of mead for his pelt.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:57 pm

*Stops Polishing Trophey Skulls and blinks* If I shave or start shedding and give you the fur....Can I have a pint of mead?
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 am

...Can I get one too? Considering you asked me to do it. TEAMWORK!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janard Karn Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:15 am

Stonehammer are on the up so far. Slowly gaining members and such, and we will soon be moving up to Aerie Peak. REAL Wildhammer territory!
Janard Karn
Janard Karn

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down