Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character revamps, or lvl new character?

+14
Ixirar
Raene
Coppersocket
Cid
erwtenpeller
Dorothee/Duvaineth
Buren
Tuomas/Decurius
Amaryl
Thelos
Muzjhath
Vaell
Drustai
Xen-tau
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Character revamps, or lvl new character? - Page 2 Empty Re: Character revamps, or lvl new character?

Post by Raene Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:36 am

Which is quite necessary for those around me which obviously can't see that Copper is missing her right arm and has bandages covering her entire upper head.

This. When my Paladin lost her left arm, and before she had a prosthetic fitted, despite having my MRP in caps telling people about her arm, I still frequently made people aware in /e each time people would either forget, or when new people entered the room who may not be aware.
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Character revamps, or lvl new character? - Page 2 Empty Re: Character revamps, or lvl new character?

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:46 am

Vaell wrote:Again, more irony. Everyone saying "I agree with Thelos" yet all of you use addons! Hypocricy.
I agree with Thelos that AddOns should not be an end-all solution.

I don't get how you got "AddOns suck, don't use them" from Thelos' argument at all. Are you so eager to antagonize someone that you're willing to misread and/or alter someone's very reasonable argument, just so you can be mad at them on an internet forum?
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:52 am

The sentiment that addons are an end-all requirement to take part in Roleplaying is ridiculous.

The sentiment, however, that you shouldn't be allowed to make up alter egos for your toons if they die/whatever and RP a new person through whatever means you'd like to employ is equally ridiculous. Heck, I remember Thelos RPing a draenei priest ON THELOS in Eastern Plaguelands that just so happened to not ICly be Thelos, so his requirement of forcing people to pay for a namechange to change their character identity is hypocrisy at best.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:57 am

And another person that hasn't read Thelos opinion on using addons. Go read a page backwards Ixi, where thelos actually talks about the fact that he did use addons...

>.>

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:58 am

He's not forcing anyone to do anything! He was expressing a preference!

If you are completely changing your character, permanently, into another character that just happens to be the same race and class, he prefers it if people get a name chance to accompany that permanent change in character. That's his opinion on the matter, based on personal experience and observations from the past.

And I agree with that sentiment. Nothing says "permanent change" like... A permanent change!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:07 am

It's become increasingly obvious that people are now attacking a position argued by no one.

So I suggest no one rises to defend it.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric/Richard Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:24 am

I've become a slight dependant on addons, since I like them and the freedom some of them give. Everyone one has a preference. And I have indeed used my character with other names then what is stated ooc'ly. Like Elric is Doric and Richard is Hurlèy.
Elric/Richard
Elric/Richard

Character sheet
Name: Elric Williams
Title: Door man, Paladin, Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:28 am

I was arguing against the sentiment that people should have to pay for a namechange to change their identity rather than just changing haircolours and accompanying their meetings with familar faces with a /e isn't the same char anymore, or some other means to clarify that they are now playing under a new identity.

This is what people did prior to namechanges being available, and I don't see why the presence of a paid service should change the viability of this practice.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:32 am

No one mentioned addons being a necessity to begin with. I just argued that if you have a button to season your food, why would you have it bland? Thelos' original point was irrelevant. I'm not mad, I'm more surprised that someone who supposedly wants to iclude new rpers into the community believes a free easy download is morr of a deterrance than telling them to pay real money.

Making irrelevant points to try and bolster your opinion is a common way of trying to win arguments. If it's not then why are there so many starving people in africa? Agree with my post if you don't like poverty. See?

Edit: yes that was an extreme example.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eve Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:15 am

Elric/Richard wrote:Like Elric is Doric and Richard is Hurlèy.

And Hurley was Hurléy and Giles was Hurléy...

But no, I do this from time to time. Now that I think about it, I should start using other characters more often seeing as the only two I use is my hunter and warlock.
Eve
Eve

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 pm

gonna have to do this soon myself... given that a lot of my toons are called Kyrby..good to know I won't get into shite over it.I'll be easy to spot though unless I name cahnge..cheaper than server hopping though
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Tue May 07, 2013 3:10 pm

I can see where Thelos is coming from, and I do feel sympathetic to his reasonings. If I'd have the cash, I'd probably do the same simply because it does feel more natural to RP a character who has their own name in the name-tag; often when I RP "Bob" on a character named "John", it just feels unnatural and distracts me until I get into it. Alas, I don't, so I'm guilty of using addons to change character names, permanently or temporarily.

Whatever floats your boat, go with it.

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 3:16 pm

I get what you mean... Bob's just a false name afterall. I miss the days when ppl used to call me Kyrby,Kirby or Kurb ICly
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Tue May 07, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm still perplexed how my arguments for "Same first name, different surname" got drowned among crap.

Seriously. There should be TONS of little boys running around named Anduin, Uther, and other names of heroes from the first and second war. And even the third.

The idea that no two people on Azeroth share the same name is ludacris.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 07, 2013 3:27 pm

My Blood elf's last name is "Bloodwrath". Several NPC's share that name. Smile
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Tue May 07, 2013 3:31 pm

My name's brennen ... I like my bread today
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2