Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles

5 posters

Go down

[SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles Empty [SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles

Post by Axio Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:46 pm

*copies are sent to all Councillors through the Ministry of Justice*

Stormwind Ministry of Justice

Intelligence Report
Thursday, March 7

Persons of concern: Demoness Ireth, Eira Dieudonne-Vanimedle

Minister Conover,

In keeping with our March 5 agreement, I am submitting the background report on the history of the Lordaeronian noble family of Vanimedle. While the history of corruption goes back to the roots of the grandfather of Lady Eira, I am going to focus on her mother, the late Melfeena Vanimedle, perhaps more commonly known as Demoness Ireth.

I personally met the Demoness many years ago, before the corruption in her had truly taken flight. A calm and malleable woman then, she had but one goal – the pursuit of perfection in the art of Fel. She regretfully succeeded in this years-long pursuit. My own demise came before her rise, as such, the details of the time until my return to Stormwind remain in the dark. What is known to me, however, is the fact that she rooted herself among the ‘top dogs’ of the underworld during that time, acquiring familiarity with notorious personalities such as Sophyra, Ataris the Soulblighter and other persons of that ilk.

She yet remained docile while the Hand of Nightmares and the Dark Sphere cults reigned during the dark times of the initial charge against the Lich King. After the Nightmares’ fall, the Sphere was weakened and the Chapter of Holy Anethion sprung to life. The Demoness took a personal interest in the fanatics and soon became a target of assassination for their first High Inquisitor Dragomir Iretongue. In the autumn of the same year, there was a confrontation between herself and the Chapter of Anethion, which culminated in the heroic death of Iretongue and the Demoness.

Her dreadblade, Verrine, a corrupted family heirloom, was shattered immediately after her death. One of the shards was in possession of the Chapter for a long time and another ended up with the Dark Sphere through means unknown. The Demoness would not stay dead for long. Through manipulation of the Nether, she established contact with old friends from her mortal life and organised them into a coven in her name. Months of dedicated ritualism finally brought her back to the mortal realm. What followed were several incidents which granted her many more markings in the criminal records. She conceived a child with then-Minister of Magic Theonar Dawnweaver and retired to birth it, leaving her coven to locate the shards of Verrine for her.

The coven did not remain loyal, however, and the Demoness returned to find it absorbed by the risen again Hand of Nightmares. She alone retrieved and reassembled Verrine and declared war upon the cult reborn. Peace was established between the dark forces after months of conflict, ending in a fragile truce, which was to last until the cult fell for the last time. Demoness Ireth outlived the cult and crossed the Chapter once more, which ultimately led to her last destruction.

Prior to the birth of the demonspawn, fathered by Theonar Dawnweaver, the Demoness had two children. It was revealed that she had two adult twin daughters, more precisely, Eira and Celeste Vanimedle, together with the newly appointed High Inquisitor of the Chapter of Holy Anethion. Eira being the most level-headed, married the much beloved Stormwind noble Lord Tarvik Dieudonne, while Celeste remained mostly in the shadow of her twin and in the service of the Chapter. The Demoness also brought her sister Renatha Vanimedle back from exile, a fel artist much like herself. The sister was in her service for a long time, until Eira and Celeste brought her out of the Demoness’ grasp and made her an upstanding citizen of better birth.

Significant events shaping the mind of the present-day Eira took place shortly after the Demoness was vanquished by the Chapter. At first, her husband, Lord Tarvik, was murdered in the streets of Stormwind, leaving her a widow with two infants. After that, her sister Celeste spiraled down the path of corruption, much like their mother. Seduced by the promises of the Twilight cult, she stole Verrine from the Chapter of Anethion and began to terrorise them, hoping to avenge the death of her mother. Eira was forced to put an end to her insane sibling and consequently acquired Verrine. She left for exile together with her children.

The Demoness’ sister Renatha was left alone in the noble estates of Stormwind and began to dabble in shadow magic again, becoming involved with new upspringing shadow cults. Lord Minister Braiden Mistmantle’s crackdown on crime and cultism earned him a price on his head, a price that she was chosen to claim. She plotted to get to him through their mutual connection with the Stormwind House of Nobles, a plot which luckily was uncovered through the diligent investigations of the Grand Magistracy. Being noble rivals, they elected to settle their dispute in trial by combat. The witch inevitably lost her life to the honourable Count Mistmantle, despite resorting to devious tricks.

It is unknown at what point Lady Eira decided to end her exile, but it is clear that she remains as unstable as can be expected from so many tragedies in life. Finding out about the death of her aunt was the last straw to trigger a personal vendetta against the Kingdom.

As the most senior of Count Mistmantle’s staff and an employee of his ministry, she sought me out, threatening in words the future existence of the Count and the whole Kingdom, which she now sees as responsible for all the failures in her life. Still wielding the dreadblade Verrine, she brandished it at me, injuring me with its dark magic as I attempted to defend myself and flee. She explicitly stated that Ireth still lives. The Demoness lives on through her blade, as they are forever connected.

In conclusion, as this report unquestioningly confirms, the family of Vanimedle are incurable criminals. Concerning the charges against Lady Eira Dieudonne-Vanimedle, widow of Lord Tarvik Dieudonne, you will find that they are well-founded in light of recent transgressions. It is my firm belief that the allegiance of the last of the Vanimedles now lie with her own kin, and that she will attempt to bring about the summoning of the Demoness and other dangerous entities back into the mortal world. She must be stopped by any means necessary and Verrine must be destroyed. Until this burden can be solved, I can only recommend additional protection for Ministry of Justice employees, the household and lands of Count Mistmantle and the House of Nobles.

Signed,
Nalera Darivere
Stormwind Ministry of Justice
Axio
Axio

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles Empty Re: [SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:18 pm

(( Nitpick, but didn't Celeste go crazy with green fire against everyone close to Eira before Tarvik's death, not after? ))

Back to top Go down

[SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles Empty Re: [SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles

Post by Drustai Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:56 pm

To Nalera Darivere. From Areyah Conover, Minister of Defense.

[SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles Stormwind_64

Ministy of Defense
FRIDAY, Mar. 8th. [30]

Miss Darivere,

Thank you for the timeliness and the completeness of your report. It has provided an excellent understanding of the situation. I intend on having a few copies made to provide General Clay, High Chaplain Drayke, and Lieutenant Colonel Bronze, so that the City Guard knows the details and can open an investigation.

As I mentioned on the 5th, I have also written to my cousin, the Lord Ridgepoint, and requested that he send some militia to help watch over Lord Mistmantle's estates for the time being.

Please inform me if there are any further updates.

King's Honour,

Commodore Areyah Conover
Minister of Defense
Acting Minister of Justice
Acting Chairlady

[SW Council] Report on the Vanimedles Conovercrestsmall
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Clydas / Tar-Chan wrote:(( Nitpick, but didn't Celeste go crazy with green fire against everyone close to Eira before Tarvik's death, not after? ))

((If I recall correctly you are right, however that wouldn't matter since it is an IC report where human error is a factor, she might've put it that way intentionally or simply remembering wrong!))
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Axio Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 pm

((My trusted screenshot vault tells me that Tarvik died on 11.10.2011, I can't find any data on Cel's death... though I could have sworn it was a month or so before Eira took an extended break, some time in early spring 2012.

Anyway, it is indeed an IC report and this is only a minor error compared to other more... "deliberate inconsistencies" cough cough))
Axio
Axio

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:04 am

(( I am pretty sure it was Tarvik before Celeste aye, but this is indeed Axio's fabricated IC report Razz))
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:10 am

(( Could it be both? As in started with mad attacks with fancy fel flames some time before, during the Keep-period, died after, perhaps? edit: ofc, from an IC point of view the report is good))

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 pm

(( I remember it all clearer now. Celeste fell from grace to twilight cultism and survived long enough to surpass Tarvik who unfortunately got zerged by 253464654 assassin's which followed by Celeste death shortly after. That was it. The timeline can feel at rest now. A Tardis is not required.))
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Eira Vanimedle wrote:(( I remember it all clearer now. Celeste fell from grace to twilight cultism and survived long enough to surpass Tarvik who unfortunately got zerged by 253464654 assassin's which followed by Celeste death shortly after. That was it. The timeline can feel at rest now. A Tardis is not required.))

Ohboy. I remember that assassination.... Good times; I shat my pants IC.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down