Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oronku

2 posters

Go down

Oronku Empty Oronku

Post by The Z Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Character name: Oronku...you know, I'm not sure about his last name. I've always been terrible with those, especially since Blizzard doesn't require you to come up with one. Suggestions? Or should I just browse Wowpedia...
Alias: The Dark (Round) One. He personally prefers leaving the 'round' part off...
Race: Pandaren
Class: Warrior

Birth region: Valley of The Four Winds
Family: -
Known friends or enemies: -

Description: Tough, somewhat muscled-up, though still proudly keeping that beer belly of his in good shape. Dark fur. Prefers to keep his moustache in mint condition. Enjoys...wait for it...drinking! Rarely wears anything else (like casual clothing) than his plate armour.
Personality: Peaceful on the outside, mixed beneath, Oronku is...not your typical pandaren(?) He has always been interested in the art of battle, though not solely for the purpose of protecting his people and himself, but more for the...fun of it. For the thrill of it. His interest for fighting finally pushed overboard when the Alliance and Horde came to visit his homeland. Ever since, thanks to getting involved with the "right" kind of people on the Horde since, Oronku has travelled around Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, training his skills in "the art of brawling", among other things more or less similiar.
History: Shrouded in mist...(Get it?)
Things you may know about this character: Probably nothing!
Things you may not know about this character: A lot, probably!
Possible crime record: -

Alignment: Somewhat Horde favouring

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Oronku Empty Re: Oronku

Post by Thelos Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:10 pm

A love for brawling?

Sounds typically Pandaren to me!

You will probably run into Paozi eventually, especially if you decide to get involved in any of the upcoming fighting in Pandaria.

I'll look forward to it!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Z Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Thelos wrote:A love for brawling?

Sounds typically Pandaren to me!
I suppose it does depend! I'm still more under the illusion that most of them pandas fight because it's a necessity, what with the Mogy story from that Lorewalkers guy (if that makes any sense...), but then again, the amount of information/lore has been so overwhelming to my tiny mind, that I don't really know anything for a fact. In any case, 'ts good to know that there are other likeminded pandaren for him!

The Z

Character sheet
Name: Zobke, aka, Mr. Z
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 am

It depends more on the attitude towards fighting than the actual fighting itself.

Pandaren tend to shun malintended violence and cruelty. Using force to get what you want when you could have used guile or kindness instead.

The martial arts themselves though are undoubtedly an integral part of Pandaren culture, almost as much as their cuisine and love for brew. Pandaren of al classes know at least the basics of Kung Fu as evident by their racial and there are dojo's in every small town. Tian Monestary accepts every applicant.

Mastery of the Martial Arts trough proper training and the ocassional fighting is something Pandaren value very much. They're the kind of people that value mastery (of arms) and craftmanship (of brew) as much as serenity and peace. In that sense, Pandaren love to brawl to master their art of fighting.

But that's just the thing: they love fighting for fighting sake, not for anything else. They're not out to hurt or harm anyone. They're out to master their art. This can lead to many misunderstandings where to other cultures Pandaren might seem absurdly placid and pacifistic and violent at the same time. To a Pandaren though it makes perfect sense. They are peaceful creature who have a passion for mastering their Art, which so happens to be of the Martial kind.

What they're not is prone to violent outbursts out of anger or hatred. Paradoxially Pandaren seem more likely to want to brawl or spar with people they like rather than fighting with somebody they dislike. A good fight can be a great moment of bonding between Pandaren. It is as Master Snowdrift of the Pandaren says: "You do not truly know someone untill you fight them".

The fighting is done in complete serenity, without any violent feelings or anger. Fighting for fighting's sake.

Hope this helps!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: