Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*CLOSED* [H] <Vile Thorn> - Rogue Only - RP/PvP

+8
Abasath
erwtenpeller
Thelos
Akna
Catari
Skarain
Grim
Robi Kaezlan
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*CLOSED* [H] <Vile Thorn> - Rogue Only - RP/PvP Empty *CLOSED* [H] <Vile Thorn> - Rogue Only - RP/PvP

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:00 pm

In the darkest corner of an Alliance Stronghold, a parchment poster written in Orcish is pinned to the wall...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Further information is available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Arli on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

*CLOSED* [H] <Vile Thorn> - Rogue Only - RP/PvP Empty Re: *CLOSED* [H] <Vile Thorn> - Rogue Only - RP/PvP

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 am

"Every breath you take
And every move you make
Every bond you break, every step you take
I'll be watching you"

Every Breath - The Police

Vile Thorn is seeking to set up a network of informants, both Horde and Alliance side. The idea behind this is to encourage more rp across guilds and faction and for this reason, we don't want to use Thorn alts.

The reasons for becoming an informant can be many - some may do so for money, others with a hidden loyalty to UC/Horde and maybe some just want to use us to settle a few scores. Of course, some may claim to be informants with the aim of bringing down VT IC'ly - that is also acceptable but be aware that if we find out IC'ly that you are doing so, be prepared to face our blades Smile

I'm asking that those interested contact me by PM, I don't want to know your reasons OOC'ly, I'd like to keep this as IC as possible but do need that initial contact OOC so we can arrange a way for your character to be approached (or for it to approach us).

Alliance informants I would hope would be able to give us info on Alliance gatherings. As an rp/pvp guild we -won't- spoil any rp event, a few assassins lurking in the shadows may enhance it. Should a fight happen for any reason then we leave your character 'for dead' so you can rp major injury or a bump to the head...up to you completely; likewise if you attack us, we can rp our side the amount of injury.

Horde informants I would hope would be able to share inside info from the cities and taverns, information on the goings on of prominent citizens or guild members. Any sort of info that a group such as us may find useful now or to file away for future use against a target.

For this to work, we need discretion from VT and from the Informant. I won't pass on any info OOC on who is an informant or who their main is etc. This is a great opportunity for double-life style rp and to get a few intel gathering missions for both factions.

Back to top Go down

*CLOSED* [H] <Vile Thorn> - Rogue Only - RP/PvP Empty Re: *CLOSED* [H] <Vile Thorn> - Rogue Only - RP/PvP

Post by Robi Kaezlan Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 am

I know someone
Robi Kaezlan
Robi Kaezlan

Character sheet
Name: Robi Kaezlan
Title: Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Vile Thorn will no longer be a guild loyal to Undercity and although most of the changes within the guild will be done IC'ly, a bit of OOC background is needed.  Vile Thorn has stuck to its forsaken roots since creation about 6-7yrs ago and this worked well for us on our old server since there wasn't really a strong forsaken community to object to working with the living.  However, in the almost 2 years on Defias we have just not fitted-in as a UC guild - after all, forsaken do not trust the living.  Sylvanas was absent during the rebellion so we had no IC reason to support the rebels and so missed out on that server rp and for the next expansion, Blizz have stated she has no real part in it "Sylvanas doesn't care about orcs".   As a guild we like our roleplay to be semi-serious and to reflect lore so the link to UC is just too restrictive as well as tenuous with a living leading them - Sylvanas has the Val'kyr merrily creating forsaken, she won't need to rely on any but her own forsaken people.

So it is time to change.  The moves being taken are to make us an independent unit that has loyalty to none other than ourselves.  As a consequence, our core activities will expand beyond just killing Alliance - Arli is sin'dorei, an egotistical bastard with little in the way of morals so the new Vile Thorn reflects what he would do in the circumstances. It should also expand our rp options, allowing people more freedom within the guild framework.

A few ideas of what to expect in the new VT....

You want it?  We can get it.
Got a problem that needs removing? We are experts in pruning family trees.
Need a not so friendly reminder delivered?  We make sure that they don't forget again.
Let us sort out your problems - Vile Thorn, putting the stab into stability.

Core themes - mercenaries, killers, intel gatherers, spies, treasure hunters.  Still rp/pvp hunt Alliance but also rp hunt Horde.  Deal out kickings as well as killings.  Possiblity of having experts such as in alchemy, explosives etc that we call on and sell the services of.  IC Missions into dungeons for artifacts.  Finding lost people, losing people, extortion, blackmail, robbery, kidnap, assassination.  Underworld type rp.

1. Live for the Brotherhood, die for the Brotherhood - loyalty is a core foundation.
2. Criminal organisation that reports to none but itself.
3. Contracts sourced from Horde, neutral and Alliance as long as we benefit in some way (financial or otherwise)
4. Theft encouraged
5. Badass attitude encouraged
6. Get in a mess, Thorns will be at your side.  Get in a mess because you've done something stupid and Thorns will get you out but you will face repercussions - fines/beatings/demotion
7. Allows rp/pvp and pure rp - but don't disgrace the name.  Too soft and you are out.  Retain the pvp one-kill rule.

I've no idea whether or not these changes will make us viable going forward, but the current roleplay of the guild just isn't sustainable.

Shadows protect,
Arli

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm sure the Blood Wolves can use Vile Thorns help. How are you contactable in character?
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Best of luck with the guild. Hope it stays around even with it changes. I remember when i was first times stabbed in Duskwood. Oh these good memories.

3. Contracts sourced from Horde, neutral and Alliance as long as we benefit in some way (financial or otherwise)
About that, thought about showing up in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on an Alliance alt representing a Thornling if you want pursue more on the Alliance side of contracts? Otherwise it might remain tricky to try contact the Thorns, or even hear of such services being available in characterly.
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:35 am

Grim - Good point. Best way might be for us to come and contact Horde guilds and let them know of the changes IC'ly. I'll catch you in game and see when's a good time to find you.

Skarain - Ah, great idea! I'll have one of my Alliance alts to turn up and represent Arli and VT Smile

Thanks guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Catari Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:52 am

Looks like some great changes there Arli.

This means ofcourse that you'll drop by more often to buy me some of those drinks you owe me! Smile
Catari
Catari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Ok, I look forward to Arli and Grim's usual friendly banter!
Grim
Grim

Character sheet
Name: Grim Stonepaw
Title: Warcaller

Back to top Go down

Post by Akna Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 am

Best of luck, guys!
Akna
Akna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:36 am

The following letter was delivered by a rather clumsy looking ghoul dressed in a postman's uniform, looking almost like a mockery of the noble institution of mail.

After delivering the letter to the first Vile Thorn representative it could find (which, giving the elusiveness of this particular organisation, might have taken the poor ghoul quite a long time indeed), it collapses into a heap of corpse dust, leaving behind no traces to interrogate.

Dear Mister V. Thorn and cohorts,

My name is Mr. Zombie (no, not the guy that just collapsed, he's just my ghoul and I am way tougher than him!) and I have a problem.

What are your wages?

Sincerely,

Mister Zombie (don't bother looking it up in a ledger - it's an alias. Aren't I the cleverest!)

PS Please send your reply to the following adres:

Undercity Graveyard,
Grave 32a, Row 12
Undercity.
Coincidentally, if one were to visit this particular grave in the Undercity Graveyard, one would find that it has recently been opened. A rather long and pale looking undead arm is reaching from deep within the bowels of the earth, opening and closing its hand and grasping whatever's put in it. It might look something like this:

Spoiler:
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:16 pm

"Thank-.." Arli's teeth clicked as his jaw snapped shut and he looked down at the crumpled postman's uniform now lying amongst a pile of corpse dust.  He prodded the uniform gingerly with his foot and then looked around feeling embarrassed for doing so, thankfully no one was around to see.  He crouched down and speedily checked the pockets, moving from each with practiced ease.  Nothing found, he stood up and flicking open the envelope, he took out the plain parchment, a smile crossing his face as he read it.

"Mr Zombie, eh? I'm sure we can do some sort of business, not like we have issues working for dead clients, if that's what you are although most living don't exactly have direct access to ghouls."

Arli took out his small fine leather-bound notebook and slipped the pencil from the spine.  Leaning against a tree, he composed a brief reply underneath the original note:

"Mr Zombie,

Well aint you the mysterious one?  Our fee of course depends on the complexity of the problem you need dealt with.  Maybe we should meet?  Discretion is assured.

Contact me at your earliest convenience,

Shadows protect,
Arli of Vile Thorn.
ps. Address any reply to me care of Sunwing Spire, Eversong or contact any in Thorn colours."
It was dusk by the time Arli reached the Undercity Graveyard and started counting his way along the rows of graves.  He glanced along row 12 and although he hadn't started counting along the row itself, his heart sunk as he guessed just which one was number 32a.  He stopped a short distance away, he'd had dreams where a bony hand had shot from a grave, grabbed his ankle and pulled him in - he had no intention of proving it to be a premonition.  Holding out the letter, he reached forward, cursed and took another couple of steps until with careful balance he could just get the envelope within reach of the grasping bony hand.  Arli jumped back a step as the hand grabbed the letter and disappeared back into the dark soil.  He blinked, looked around to see if anyone had seen him act so foolishly then very quickly walked away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:38 am

Somewhere deep within the bowels of the Undercity, with a view on the sickly green sludge canals, was a tiny and insignificant study in which a skeleton scribe was writing a letter. To any onlooker, it would seem the skeleton was writing on its own volition – little did the people of the Undercity know that this skeleton was in fact being dictated to by an ethereal skull with a mean stutter.

“A-and a-are you s-sure you u-used ink f-from the U-undercity?” asked the invisible skull.

“Yes, master,” replied the skeleton.

“And p-paper, t-too?”

“Yes, master.”

“A-all r-right. G-good. N-now, u-use t-the m-magic I b-bequeathed upon you t-to s-summon a s-s-skeleton of y-your o-own, a-and make it d-deliver t-the letter.”

“Yes, master.”

The skeleton scribe used a simple skull-tipped staff to raise a rickety skeleton from a heap of bones. The scribe gave the newly raised skeleton the letter he just finished writing and send him off to deliver it.

“It is done, master,” said the scribe.

“G-good. S-stay p-put, m-mister z-zombie. I'll n-need you h-here.”

“As the master wills.”

The ethereal skull fizzled and faded out, leaving the scribe alone in the cramped study. 'Mister Zombie' returned to his correspondence.

---

The skeleton messenger arrived at Sunwing Spire not long after having been send from the Undercity. The loyal mailman simply shoved the letter into the appropriate slot and collapsed into a heap of dust and bones once its purpose had been fulfilled. One measly gust would be enough to spread its remains to the winds.

The letter read as follows:

Most esteemed and noble-born mister Arli of the Vile Thorn,

I'll keep it short, because we both seem to be busy people.

I want you to murder the Orc Rargnasha Bloodmark.

Anonymity must be guaranteed.

Name your price.

Yours sincerely,

-Mister Zombie.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Arli yawned and poured a large black coffee, thankful for the tray containing a light breakfast and fresh coffee brought to his room at the Spire.  The staff of the Spire had got used to his habit of arriving home in the early hours and knew not to disturb him until close to midday at the earliest.  It was generally agreed below stairs that when tired from battle and particularly when hungover, he was an arrogant little twat.

Ungracefully shoving another slice of honey-fried ham from the plate into his mouth, he strolled to his desk and sat down, licking his fingers clean as he pulled a piece of parchment towards him.

Dear Mr Zombie,

Contract accepted.  I'm sure you appreciate that this won't be an easy target to bring down so of course the price reflects the difficulty of the task.  He's high profile with a whole feckin' warband protecting his ass back.I want five hundred in used gold coins deposited into the Vile Thorn account for up-front expenses I'm gonna incur and then a further thousand gold on completion of the contract.

Oh yeah and nice try covering your tracks but I worked for Undercity and have a stack of parchment from the same Papermaker in the City.  I expect you are one of Hal's minions, may as well fess up as I'll find out in the end.   If you're that squinty-eyed hunter then you need to know, your pet has fleas.

Shadows protect,
Arli

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 pm

Very exciting!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:40 pm

A letter much like the previous arrives in exactly the same kind of conditions and circumstances. It reads as follows:

I have the gold.

I want this done. Fast.

-Mister Zombie.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Arli took a swig of bourbon and smoothed the rolled-up parchment flat, using his now almost-empty glass to stop it from curling back up. He patted his pockets then frowned before waving over one of the barkeepers who was collecting glasses and orders in equal measure.

"Got a pen?"

The Barkeeper paused a moment, chances are he'd not see his pen again.

"Well?"  said Arli in an annoyed tone.

The Barkeeper glanced at the poisons glinting on the elf's daggers and then sighed as he reached into his top pocket and offered a pencil.

"Cheers, and another bourbon, make it a double" said Arli.

"Of course sir" smiled the Barkeeper, reaching to take Arli's glass.

"Oi..that ain't dead" snapped Arli, placing his hand over the top of the glass which contained little more than alcohol vapours.

"I do apologize, sir" replied the Barkeeper, mouthing "jerk" as he turned and headed back towards the bar.

Arli smoothed the parchment again and then quickly wrote;

It's started.  

-- Thorn Master Sunblade

Arli folded the parchment and slipped it into a plain envelope, addressing it as before and then slipped both envelope and pencil into an inside pocket. He'd post it on his way back to Gilneas, by the time it reached the recipient, the plan would be in action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abasath Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:06 am

Holy shit this guild still exists... is this the same guild that originated on Venture Co? Same guild leader? If so, remember Auyashain?

Abasath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 am

Still seeking rogues, must know which end of the dagger is the pointy bit and be willing to supply the heads of enemies to our resident head-shrinker - we like to support the hobbies and interests of our brotherhood.

--Arli

Back to top Go down

Post by sticca Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:57 am

Salutations tah dose who read dis story. Dis is whot happens if ya break Thorn law.

Many moons ago, when Thorn wos still fightin foh da Undacity, we got notice tah leave or get killed, we, det be da ones det woz not forsaken, it wos told by our own general Midwintah. Da reason be dere wos enough forsaken around, so da livin wos no longer needed, and our colours be taken away from us.

Arli Sunblade , second in command, led us livin outtah da city, takin with us whot wos ours. We went to our tree and marked it with sign oh great danger, and hidden message for all Thorns tah come to secret meetin place. Dere in Brill we took back our mounts and rode off to da meetin place, we camped dere for a week, hidin from everyone, till all thorns were dere.  Den we sat down by fire and mah made offerin to da spirits to keep us safe and hide us from all evil eyes.

< the rest is translated into orcish,  for the sake of the reader>

We carefully informed our forsaken brothers and sisters of the decisions made in the Undercity and all choose sides, one side, thorn side, too many years we where in the thickest of fighting, back to back for the interests of the undercity, there are no living or forsaken Thorns, just Thorns. We all agreed the act of our general was treason in Thorn Law, and that sealed his fate.

Some of our forsaken brothers went back to the Undercity, to watch over us and gather information, while the rest made a temporary camp near Hammerfall.  There I tought non troll thorns how to ride a raptor (mainly how not to get bitten) and arranged traditional clothing for them.

Then we spread the rumor that because of money problems Arli and another thorn was planning to rob plague canisters from Tarren Mill to sell to the highest bidder.

The general took the bait and arrived at Tarren Mill with two thorn bodyguards, to catch and execute Arli himself, and that was his last mistake…
The thorn scout in the tower signalled the raptor group and we attacked the town, making lots of noise and firing burning arrows at the buildings. Meanwhile the thorn scout and Arli set off some firebombs creating a lot of distraction. In the turmoil the two bodyguards sapped the general and gagged him.

We rode in, took the general, made some more smoke and rode off, making sure there were many raptor tracks in and around the village. In the hills we killed the general, chopped up his body, and took his head.
Some forsaken cannibalized  body parts, and  I started to shrink the head. Just to make sure he couldn’t be resurrected we burned the remains except the head and a foot.  The foot was a gift  for brother Squadron, as he seems to collect , or eat them.

At the burning place we left a tiki mask, then we rode our raptors back to the arathi highlands, making a clear trail and there we released the raptors and doubled back, into the hills to our wyverns and flew of to a safe abandoned tower where we could see any intruders from far. No one ever followed us.

Over there we declared our loyalty to each other and that we would never “serve” any Horde fraction again, from now on we would be loyal to ourselves. We thanked our forsaken brothers and sisters who raided Tarren Mill with us as they were taking the highest risk in fighting against their hometown.  
< end of translation>

This was all in game RP, so if you are interested, rogue and Horde,  don’t hesitate,
apply at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  we are a lovely bunch.

Oh I forgot we PVP a lot too, W/PVP , BG’s and every once in a while double rogue arena’s.

So what’s keeping you?
sticca
sticca

Character sheet
Name: Sticca (original trollish name unknown)
Title: Shadowhunter of the Vile Thorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:14 am

We've been running frequent evening trips to see the sights and sounds of Stormwind on these fine summer evenings. Any rogues that wish to join us on one of these visits is very welcome. We just ask that you bring sunscreen, a bit local currency for beer, a positive attitude, sharp daggers and lethal poisons.

Thank you.
Arli

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:29 pm

You know it is a friendly bunch when they say it at the end.

*Walks over to the neighbors and knocks on the door.* "Got sugar?"
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:52 am

The Thorn training excursion to Feralas last weekend resulted in a few injuries but nothing that couldn't be fixed by a few bandages, potions and derision from fellow Thorns at failing at the training.  The training was the initial practice session for aerial attacks, starting with using a parachute and jumping with the aim of handing in a nearby lake - most managed this quite successfully, going on to practicing at landing on targets and arches.  Others...well..let's say that some are made to keep their soft leather boots firmly on the ground.

No training session is complete without getting the opportunity to cause a little - or a lot of - chaos for the local Alliance encampments.  The fact that these were mainly manned by Night Elves was no coincidence considering the training was led by the Thorn Master, himself a sin'dorei and with the ability to bear grudges surpassed by few.

As the Thorns prepared to leave, they caught sight of a portal in the distance and although the scouting provided little further information, the Shadow Hunter - the troll Sticcaback - became agitated and muttering to himself he made excuses and left, saying he had much to think about.  This concerned Arli greatly, Sticca had been known to have visions and insights into future events, not always accurate but always worth heeding.  Of course, he also thought Sticca could just have had a bit too much of the 'special herbs' that he cultivated so Thorns were instructed to watch their brother in the coming week and report back to him if they witnessed any odd...well...extra odd, behaviour from the Shadow Hunter.

The meeting then ended, each Thorn returned to fulfiling contracts assigned or to training.  Arli departed with a "Shadows protect" and switched off his comms.  As dusk fell, he was later seen heading across Stranglethorn and towards Stormwind - the Thorn who saw him knew better than to question why but he himself had heard rumours of the Thorn Master having set up a network on the Alliance side to deal with 'problems' that the Thorns could not be seen to have directly solved themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 pm

SITUATIONS VACANT

The all-rogue guild Vile Thorn are looking to recruit more rogues willing to help supply our Shadow Hunter with body parts from those evil Alliance mages and warlocks, although no one will really mind if you 'accidentally' mix in a few parts from any other Alliance. These are an important part of his research into recent visions and portents of doom.

We are also looking for those able to scout out enemy and friendly territory unseen and gather intel on activities and the location of supplies - discretion is a key requirement and those who talk a bit too much after a few bourbon need not apply.

Think you are what we are looking for? Then please apply at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and successful candidates will be invited to an interview and will be expected to complete a mission of the Thorns choosing before full acceptance into the Brotherhood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:22 pm

When we kill for a specific reason then we will often mark the corpses with the mark of Vile Thorn.  The image below shows our full mark, variations of this will be stamped in blood on the victim, depending on how the mark is applied by each Thorn.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Vile Thorn, our calling card shows a job well done.

(Full credit to Shivien and Ashwood for the design)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next