Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. Wrynn, Tear Down That Wall

+5
Jazzle
Geldar
Melnerag
Antistia
Voice of the People
9 posters

Go down

Mr. Wrynn, Tear Down That Wall Empty Mr. Wrynn, Tear Down That Wall

Post by Voice of the People Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Soldiers, Clergy, Royals, Nobles, Peasants, Magi, Children of the Alliance!

"Grant me the strength to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Powerful words, spoken discretely by a powerful man. Archmage Antonidas was one of the founding members of the Alliance of Lordaeron. A powerful bulwark against the horde, the first true united front against the Green Menace! I am here to wake you all up. This inner-conflict must end. Now. I will not speak in riddles any more, for this shall be my final and most plain notice for some time. I will now blend back into society, to serve my nation and my people in their struggles. But before I flee from your gaze I write these words to each of the leaders of our Grand Alliance:

Your Royal Highness, King Varian Wrynn; and the Stormwind Council. Intervention is no longer an option. It is now a nescessity. The time for charging of crimes is over. It is now pointless. The Orcish attack on the Wetlands has proved to us that the alliance is weak in our current state. The Dwarves of Ironforge and the Humans of Arathor must be -made- to settle their differences and return to the days of the Vanguard. In the sense of friendship only of course. As the Capital of the Grand Alliance the council has sway over the great peoples of our Alliance and must see to it a settlement is made. You're wisdom cannot be doubted in a time like this.

Your Most Victorious Majesty, King Magni Bronzebeard; and the Seante of Ironforge. I am sure his royal highness will permit me to quote the words he wished upon and threw to the waters so very long ago. "I hope that my father and brothers outlive me. I'll not make much of a king." Such doubtful words from a young boy, destined to be a King. Proof that even the greatest dwarves have doubt. This entire conflict senators began by the doubtful actions of a young monarch, the powder keg of this falling out was during the short-lived reign of Anaei Trollbane. A girl too foolish and inexperienced to rule.Bbattered by advisors from all angles. We must accept that our children make mistakes and move on. Children are foolish like that We require a fresh start. We require unity. Senators, you are mighty and strong and are capable of forgiveness. A child can forgive, but can you forgive a child? Senators, you were once close dei facto advisors to Arathor, grant them this again.

Your Serene Highness, Queen Saihna Trollbane; and the Council of Officers. Tear down that damn wall. What are you? Children? You are only enabling Ironforge to continue their hatred. Take a show of good faith, remove the wall. Invite the dwarves in again. Arathor was perhaps more in the right to begin with, but you have dropped so low you may aswell have your own mountain city! In the respect of lowness, no disrespect to Ironforge. You were once brothers in spirit, think of the Gurubashi Wars. Think of companionship! Close the gap. And for goodness sake Tear down that wall!

Your Most Inquisitive Highness, High Tinker Gelbin Mekkatorque; and the Tinker Court. I hear rumours on the wind of an upcoming military operation, I beseech you to help these three brother-nations in settling their differences for you may need their help. I wish you luck.

Brothers, sisters it is time for me to go. I hope my words open your eyes to what we must do. No more death. No more destruction. Re-unification or the Orcish Horde will only strike again and again.

Light save King Varian,
Light save King Magni,
Light save King Gelbin,
Ancestors guide Queen Saihna.

Light save the Grand Alliance
and light save us all.

-The Voice of the People.
Voice of the People
Voice of the People

Back to top Go down

Mr. Wrynn, Tear Down That Wall Empty Re: Mr. Wrynn, Tear Down That Wall

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:06 pm

She had noticed the posters, several times, in Stormwind. With difficulty, she had read them all, smiling happily to herself after managing it. When the posters were generously distributed in some locations, she carefully took one down, folded it gently and slipped it into her belt pouch.

During the evenings, safe at home, she would sit on her bed and smooth the posters out, reading them again, a small frown creasing her brow as she thoughtfully bit on her bottom lip.

She had many questions, and only knew a select few people to discuss them with her, but had shamefully shirked her duties. Perhaps it was time to approach those contacts, again. Maybe...

She took a deep breath and shook her head, reaching up to tug on one earlobe. No doubt, there would be penance for her dereliction. It was a price to pay, she supposed. It wouldn't be the first time.

She'd consider it some more, her gaze scanning over the newest poster. She smiled. The Voice's urging for unity catered to her sense of approval. Division was certainly familiar to her and she silently applauded the Voice's appeal.

Placing the poster into the drawer of her bedside table, she slipped into bed and stared up at the ceiling, her mind working over the Voice's words. She wondered what her teacher thought of them.

When the door opened and closed quietly, she smiled and set those thoughts aside. They'd still be there, tomorrow.

Maybe she could help, somehow. Hopefully, she could get there in time. There was still much to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Someone make an IC reference to Theramore being the capital of the Alliance! Razz
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Theramore is ruled by Jaina, and she is (becoming) Varian's bitch.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah.. That's true! But it still is the seat of the Alliance (council).
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Antistia wrote:Yeah.. That's true! But it still is the seat of the Alliance (council).

Darnassus is the Capital of the Alliance, currently. It tells you that when you open your reputation bar with Darnassus.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzle Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Rutherford pokes his head up from the surface of the City's canals. He looks around. He sees the poster. Using his cane, he plucks it off from the wall and lowers it towards him. Clenching it in his fist, he narrows his eyes, looks around suspiciously for peasents who wish to pickpocket him, and lowers himself back into the canal's depths.

I love this voice. He didn't give up, even to Krogon's hateflame. Smile
Jazzle
Jazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Geldar wrote:
Antistia wrote:Yeah.. That's true! But it still is the seat of the Alliance (council).

Darnassus is the Capital of the Alliance, currently. It tells you that when you open your reputation bar with Darnassus.

It states -This- alliance Capital.. not -This is- SO no Darnassus is not the capital of the alliance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:54 pm

But Tyrande is the capital whore of the Alliance?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Vargosh/Trave/Thandros wrote:But Tyrande is the capital whore of the Alliance?

Jaina doesn't count? Though I guess she doesn't just stick to Alliance.

Anyway, enough derailing, let's try to keep on topic. Smile
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:09 pm

*Anaei reads the poster, recoiling in shame*

I know what I must do..

*She walks off, thinking.*
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:02 am

ooc: I liked the text, a much needed voice of unity in the alliance.

The only thing I found a bit annoying was the use of style of adress. You style Varian as "royal Highness" and not "royal majesty", implying that he's a prince and not a king.

You begin Magni's part with majesty (i like the moniker you gave him though), but then change it to highness (again, princely title).

Serene highness is even worse, it's actually below ducal highness in rank. Making her at least two steps from royalty.

It doesn't really matter much, it just annoyed me because of my slight obsession with detail.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzle Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:10 am

Gahalla wrote:ooc: I liked the text, a much needed voice of unity in the alliance.

The only thing I found a bit annoying was the use of style of adress. You style Varian as "royal Highness" and not "royal majesty", implying that he's a prince and not a king.

You begin Magni's part with majesty (i like the moniker you gave him though), but then change it to highness (again, princely title).

Serene highness is even worse, it's actually below ducal highness in rank. Making her at least two steps from royalty.

It doesn't really matter much, it just annoyed me because of my slight obsession with detail.

YES WTF?! L2BETECHNICALWITHMONARCHIALPRECISIONUFAGGOTGTFOIH8ULONGTIMERRRAAAAAAWR

¬¬ I don't think it matters that much Gahalla.

I thought it was very well written.
Jazzle
Jazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Raviran / Reynar Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:59 am

Yup I agree to Ruthz. But Does this stay as a statement or will Dwarf's And Human's Really unite? And Also When you said: "The time for charging of crimes is over". Does this mean less roleplayin' for us criminals? Sad
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down