Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilthilor Shadewalker

Go down

Ilthilor Shadewalker Empty Ilthilor Shadewalker

Post by Skaraa Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Character name: Ilthilor Shadewalker
Alias: None
Race: Kal'dorei
Class: Rogue

Birth region: Darkshore
Specific area/town: Auberdine
Family: No PCs, thus far.
Known friends or enemies: He has a group of old friends that live and work around Ironforge, having left Darnassus many years ago (nobody on this server). Having just arrived on the Eastern Kingdoms for the first time, he is relatively unknown to the people there.

Description:
Ilthilor has long purple hair tied back into a ponytail, and maintains his short beard and moustache.
Ilthilor sometimes conceals his armour and weapons under robes. The robes themselves are plain, and a few sizes larger than an Elf of his stature would normally wear. His blades are in sheaths angled so as to run down his legs rather than sticking out of the robe. The robe itself is tailored to open swiftly from the front, and simply fall off to the ground with a slight tug.
He carries a modest quantity of shurikens on him at all times. These are in small leather sheaths which hold five shurikens each, located on both his thighs, and chest. He carries three smoke bombs on his belt.
Personality: His attitude changes with the moons; at times he can be arrogant, pessimistic, unhelpful, and racist. At others he can be charming and witty - most recently he has been striving for the latter.
History:
Ilthilor's mother was a scholar, and his father a rogue. He was taught philosophy and history by his mother from a young age, who hoped that he would follow in her footsteps rather than his father's. Once Ilthilor was old enough to hold a blade, his father took him out training daily. He taught Ilthilor to 'walk always in the shadows' and to 'be seen only when you wish to be seen'. Ilthilor has a great appriciation for history and philosophy, though he is primarily trained in stealth and combat. He is a devout follower of Elune.
Things you may know about this character: Has served as a scout in the Darnassian military. His family are relatively well-to-do and he has been given much of his life on a plate thus far, though has equally been held back by his family duties.
Things you may not know about this character: Has received some training in the basics of shadow magic, to aid in his use of stealth.
Possible crime record: None

Other information:
While working in the military as a scout he was often flown in and out of scout locations by Hippogryph, he befriended his scouting-partner who eventually came with him to the Eastern Kingdoms for promise of adventure. The hippogryph itself is often flying around by his own devices, though serves as a mount when he is available.

Last edited by Skaraa on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Ilthilor Shadewalker Empty Re: Ilthilor Shadewalker

Post by Skaraa Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm going to go ahead and explain my concept of a rogue in relation to the mention of Shadow magic - just to make clear what it is not.

A lot of Warcraft's magic lore is taken from 3.5 D&D, skimming through the rules I wondered what else could be applicable to WoW. Looking at the classes, I saw some similarities in the lore capabilities.
My concept mostly centres around the Assassin Prestige Class.

What I take from this is basically:

Uncanny Dodge - I take from this that he has good reflexes and is good at dodging attacks in a somewhat Assassin's Creed style combat maneuver. (No, originality is not a virtue, in my opinion)

Hide in Plain Sight - If he is in a shadow, (I take this as a shadow that I can see on the floor which engulfs him) he can hide. Outside of a shadow, I unstealth. If he is running through the streets, for instance, and there is a decent gap in between two shadows; I'll unstealth as he runs between them. It's all quite common sense. Obviously, interior places do not seem to have game mechanic shadows which work properly, so I'll take a dark corner. I always /e when I am hiding anyway, so people can choose to have a go at spotting me.

The shadow magic itself I take to be in a minor form during the Hide in Plain Sight, and in using Shadowstep - which he can do, on and off, inside of a shadow to reach another shadow. In 3.5 D&D there is a magical ability known as Shadow Walk - I take Shadowstep to be a minor version of this.

My take on Vanish has been using a smoke bomb, then shadowstepping away in the shadow created by the thick smoke.

Under the spell-like abilities are also things like Disguise Self - I have been thinking of using the Glyph of Disguise, with the duration being IC, as a basic version of this spell. Though I am still in the process of the decision making - maybe someone can offer their opinion?

On the topic of asking opinions, I have had thoughts about Shroud of Concealment also, though have done nothing in figuring out if it could work. Thoughts?

That is, I say now, the extent of any magic - if you catch me dong anything else and calling it magic, do feel free to bullock me. Wink

Note: I think that game mechanic, while not to be exploited in RP, is there for inspiration. Until I have fully thought through the Disguise Self and Shroud of Concealment idea, you will not see me using them. If I decide they are too much, or too much hassle (which, at current, is highly likely), you'll never see me use them. I do hope for some opinion there soon, it is always good to bounce ideas around.
Skaraa
Skaraa

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum