Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC Posters] Commemorating the dead

+6
Aadaria-Ioanna
Skarain
siegmund
Zalissa
Tuomas/Decurius
Gogol
10 posters

Go down

[IC Posters] Commemorating the dead Empty [IC Posters] Commemorating the dead

Post by Gogol Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:25 pm

[IC Posters] Commemorating the dead Cathedral_of_Light

Citizens of the Kingdom of Stormwind and fellow allies, on Thursday we gather to commemorate the fallen, lost and deceased, we gather to mourn for our loved ones who fought bravely against the onslaught of the bloodthirsty Horde those many years ago, and even those who we lose day to day in the constant war against the uncivilized barbarians from the East.

Friends, citizens, allies, I invite you all at nine bells to gather in the Cathedral where we will pray together to the fallen soldiers of our glorious nation, where we will mourn those that died, and are dying fighting the Horde, through faith and unity shall we prosper, through conquest we shall suffer!

The procedure shall be simple, we those interested in attending shall gather inside the Cathedral at nine bells, we shall not disrespect the clergy nor litter in the Church, we shall not ride our horses into the square and let them shit on the pavements and disgrace the holy Light, in orderly and respectful fashion shall we gather, in orderly and respectful fashion shall we in unison say the prayers we have been taught to say, and with respect shall we listen to those interested in saying a few words.

Those interested in speaking and saying something are more than welcome to, though I would ask you would prepare your material instead of improvising, merely to make it easier for both yourself and those in attendance. Secondly, the procession will wrap up prayer and proceed to the graveyard, where those who wish to visit the graves of their loved ones may do so, in accordance with tradition another small time of speeches shall naturally be heard and speakers will be welcomed to share their wisdom, experiences and pain with the rest of those who have seen their loved ones torn from them through merciless war.

OOC-
  • Thursday, 21:00, (to make time for senate to appear if they want to!)

• Small event to underline some nationalist feelings in Stormwind as well as that of the Alliance

• If you’d like to make a speech, please prepare something in advance so it’s a bit less hectic

• Everybody is welcome, except Horde, sorry.

• We’ve sent out invitations to the Chapter of Holy Anethion and Stormwind Regiment, I couldn’t type the captcha in properly on the Disciples of Light forum so I was unable to post the event there, but contact with an officer had been said that the calendar is empty. As previously said all are welcome, but there are some guilds that we wanted to make a presence mostly for IC reasons!

I expect to see your many smug faces there.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

[IC Posters] Commemorating the dead Empty Re: [IC Posters] Commemorating the dead

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:16 pm

I am dead.... but I guess I can't come to the Commemoration... I mean... you're commemorating those dead who aren't walking around, right?
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

[IC Posters] Commemorating the dead Empty Re: [IC Posters] Commemorating the dead

Post by Zalissa Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Nice idea Very Happy I'll be there on Alorah if I can, so she can mourn for 90% of her race.
Zalissa
Zalissa

Character sheet
Name: Zalissa Sparrow
Title: The Pirate Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Longknife/Decurius wrote:I am dead.... but I guess I can't come to the Commemoration... I mean... you're commemorating those dead who aren't walking around, right?

You're dead yes, but i think some induvidials would rather have a Cremation for you than a Commemoration.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:19 pm

I'll be there, if IC events do not carry me away. Thanks for organizing this Smile
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 am

Will be there.
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 am

Dwarves will attend, in some way or another.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 am

Always count on the dwarves
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Bob's got a lot of people to mourn for.Will be there if work ain't on

[IC Posters] Commemorating the dead Wake-pic
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Not sure if I'll make it due to RL but I'll be there if I can.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:30 am

Great event! Had a wonderful time (and got to scold a dwarf)! Hope to see more of these events in the future. Smile Thanks for inviting the Chapter! And here's some screenies (had to zoom in a bit to cut out some of the OOCers that had joined us, sorry if I cut anyone out!):

[IC Posters] Commemorating the dead Wowscr10

[IC Posters] Commemorating the dead Wowscr11
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:08 am

Very nice event and I did fail a little when counting the amount of people first counting said 47, next 42 and the third- I really gave up on Very Happy But it was a lot of people^_^
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:14 am

Soldier, Noble, Peasant all turned up and all held very different speeches.
Personally I was very pleased with having a bubbling activity brewing inside the Cathedral walls yet again.

And as for the man of the hour, creating dramatic situations since pre-TBC, well he could have made it a lot worse last evening.
Spoiler:
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down