Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IC] Magistrates and law clerks wanted

+9
Khendran
Sharyssa/Adenah
Geldar
Rmuffn
siegmund
Gogol
Silferdrake
Lexgrad
Skarain
13 posters

Go down

[IC] Magistrates and law clerks wanted Empty [IC] Magistrates and law clerks wanted

Post by Braiden Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Posters found around Stormwind city and the countryside of the kingdom of Stormwind.

[IC] Magistrates and law clerks wanted Stormwind_64

Your King needs you!

The Stormwind ministry of justice requires more Magistrates and law clerks to serve in His Majestys courts of law. Appropriate formal education, Stormwind citizenship and a clean criminal record is required to be eligible. In addition to previously mentioned qualifications further academic studies aswell as a history in service of His Majesty is meriting. If you believe yourself to have the appropriate qualifications send your letter of application to the office of the Minister of Justice for evaluation.

Justice, Tradition, Prosperity

Count Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle,
Stormwind Minister of Justice.

Last edited by Braiden on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

[IC] Magistrates and law clerks wanted Empty Re: [IC] Magistrates and law clerks wanted

Post by Skarain Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 pm

((When actually in a position to see the poster))
*Skarain perks a brow and gives a short laugh, shaking her head an amused smile on her face before walking away "Nope... i doubt they would take one who was involved in prison break, not to mention certain history documents missing, not to even speak of 'Stormwind citizenship'...."*
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

[IC] Magistrates and law clerks wanted Empty Re: [IC] Magistrates and law clerks wanted

Post by Lexgrad Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:24 pm

What SW needs is a good, lawful judge, a passionless machine of fairness and logic yet tempered by compassion and respect. A man who is a great Paladin, a great leader and a great bloke.

Like this post and you will get thatman, Judge Lex!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silferdrake Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Lexgrad wrote:What SW needs is a good, lawful judge, a passionless machine of fairness and logic yet tempered by compassion and respect. A man who is a great Paladin, a great leader and a great bloke.

Now, that'd be a judge who weren't afraid to get things done! *Dons his Lexgrad for Supreme Judge-pin*
Silferdrake
Silferdrake

Character sheet
Name: Steven Silferdrake
Title: Baron

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarain Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Lexgrad wrote:What SW needs is a good, lawful judge, a passionless machine of fairness and logic yet tempered by compassion and respect. A man who is a great Paladin, a great leader and a great bloke.

((To deeds from words, make an application!))
Skarain
Skarain

Character sheet
Name: Skarain Feirand
Title: Mother of the Flame

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:30 pm

Skarain wrote:

((To deeds from words, make an application!))

I am da Law! I charge Skarain of rushing the Lexadin, Being gilnean and association with Drustai... How do you plead?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Magistrates are governors and not judges, please use the appropriate terms as given in lore.
Magistrates are elected governors of townships, not judges.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Gogol wrote:Magistrates are governors and not judges, please use the appropriate terms as given in lore.

I want a reelection.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Gogol wrote:Magistrates are governors and not judges, please use the appropriate terms as given in lore.

In lack of lore judges though, and thinking about a medieval setting.. I can imagine that Magistrates still had to act judges.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Erahn wrote:

In lack of lore judges though, and thinking about a medieval setting.. I can imagine that Magistrates still had to act judges.

Judge Malthred
Bit of a long shoot, but still a judge.
Magistrates can naturally judge within their magistrate, but no where else.
A good example would be the senators in USA.

EDIT
Not gona derail the thread further, does not have anything at all against it in general.
Would apply my self if only my character where more suitable and up to the task.
Lex you run for judge with a campaign like that and you sure as hell got my vote!

Last edited by Gogol on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:37 pm

USA//Azeroth.
Medieval//Azeroth.
IRL//Azeroth.

Other than that carry on Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Needs this guy, Lex!

Spoiler:
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:11 pm

I have an eldery noble Lady (Serving Drackenrise) who could likely be functional as a magistrate. Now this -is- an alt but since (after my lapse of activity) I am more active again I am easily poked to relog aswel if the character is required.

It's an offer for when there is dire need for such, and I'll keep her as in such position of course during all other rp I may still have..

So first tossing this out here, could have her meet up/write if people are alright with it.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm not so sure it's about people being alright with it as much as it's about if you want to do it?

But eh /shrug
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:17 pm

IDK, im kinda happy that Judge Lex seems popular. I propose that post LK the DKs become street judges.

Anyone wanna break the law now? See it works.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khendran Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 pm

No Judge Lex please.
If he gets in power I've treason charges to answer for. Neutral

Khendran

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:58 am

Braiden, got a question for the Magistrates system but hrm, its a bit long so will ask in-game actually!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Feydor Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:14 am

A clean criminal record? God dammit. There go my plans of world domination.
Feydor
Feydor

Character sheet
Name: Theodore
Title: Grand Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Dear Count Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle,

I am the perfect choice for becoming a magistrate. I am well educated, a pleasure on the eyes and have experienced much our world has to offer. I have lived in Stormwind ever since becoming a refugee in the third war and not only have I got a clean record, I have also served as a guard of our divine city. The only question I have is, is there a dress code?

Yours sincerely,
Vaell Silvine,
Violet Warden of Dalaran and mage-hunter-to-be for the Kirin Tor.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:59 pm

A pleasure on the eye?
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 am

Sharyssa/Adenah wrote:I have an eldery noble Lady (Serving Drackenrise) who could likely be functional as a magistrate. Now this -is- an alt but since (after my lapse of activity) I am more active again I am easily poked to relog aswel if the character is required.

It's an offer for when there is dire need for such, and I'll keep her as in such position of course during all other rp I may still have..

So first tossing this out here, could have her meet up/write if people are alright with it.

We can get her into the system without any problems. It's not like I'm against anyone becoming a magistrate as long as it makes sense IC (which this should). Drop off a letter to apply in my inbox if you're still interested and we'll arrange the rest IC.

Vaell wrote:Dear Count Braiden Arthur Bernard Mistmantle,

I am the perfect choice for becoming a magistrate. I am well educated, a pleasure on the eyes and have experienced much our world has to offer. I have lived in Stormwind ever since becoming a refugee in the third war and not only have I got a clean record, I have also served as a guard of our divine city. The only question I have is, is there a dress code?

Yours sincerely,
Vaell Silvine,
Violet Warden of Dalaran and mage-hunter-to-be for the Kirin Tor.

We must appoint a meeting soon, kinda forgot about this post. Poke me in game.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:45 am

It's still bit unclear to me what is wished for from law clerics and how often they would be needed. Anyways, I like the idea a lot, there for, I push lil Emiraude toward your direction.

Aceing following
- Appropriate formal education = studies in Cathedral
- Stormwind citizenship = lived in the City many years, after moving out from Goldshire
- a clean criminal record = no record, in a Light guild and known to like charity work
- further academic studies ~ Clerk already?

And as a side note, your relative, Braiden Twisted Evil Conncetions connections
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:55 am

Feeniks wrote:It's still bit unclear to me what is wished for from law clerics and how often they would be needed. Anyways, I like the idea a lot, there for, I push lil Emiraude toward your direction.

Aceing following
- Appropriate formal education = studies in Cathedral
- Stormwind citizenship = lived in the City many years, after moving out from Goldshire
- a clean criminal record = no record, in a Light guild and known to like charity work
- further academic studies ~ Clerk already?

And as a side note, your relative, Braiden Twisted Evil Conncetions connections
It's law clerk rather then cleric. Anyhow it's various tasks such as: taking notes, delivering messages, making records of trials and assisting in keeping the public informed of the current laws. There is no real demand for how much time to put in but I personally like the way it makes things feel a bit more "realistic" (stupid word for the setting perhaps but you know what I mean). Seeing as you play a relative to Braiden your character can prolly be his personal assistant.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Feeniks Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Ah, my mistake clerk-cleric Embarassed
So a secretery...why not. Happy to help. Personal asisstant, yahoo, sounds fun. Too little interaction has happened anyway, since we are rarely same time online.
Making it realistis, even if in fantasy land and imegeney era, isn't a bad thing. I get what you mean Wink

I will write you a letter soon ic.
Feeniks
Feeniks

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:04 am

Bumping this right up, send me a pm with your characters IC application!
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down