Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron

+3
Ledgic
Eodan
Coppersocket
7 posters

Go down

Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron Empty Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron

Post by Coppersocket Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:31 am

Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron Transformers3
Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron 03318C6239BCD89B3E19F10CE817DAE021A59AC9
Such a large series, such a great series. Loved it as a kid, still love it today. Always been a very large fan of the Generation 1 specifically. Cheesy as it may be, it has some amazingly memorable and lovable characters.

Fond memories, and I've recently acquired a certain game known as Fall of Cybertron, which is a re-telling of the pre-earth events of G1, the game starting off with you controlling Bumblebee trying to aid Optimus aboard the Ark on it's way to earth, and as the first map ends, you get thrown back a few days before the launch- and I gotta say, from point one to the very final fight, you're in constant war, constant badassery, constant absolute fantastic gameplay. I don't want to spoil anything, but the final stage? Never seen anything like it. You seamlessly switch between characters from both factions through the map, and it just feels fucking awesome.

You got the original G1 voice actors for most of the characters, I think most of those who weren't included must've been dead. Fuck, they had so many. It didn't just feel nostalgic, it felt fucking great.
This is my game of the year, and let me tell you, I enjoyed the shit out of it.

The fanboy in me screamed in joy playing this game, the gamer in me screamed in joy playing this game. The game, the story, the feel, everything. It felt true to the Transformers universe. Death and destruction, war everywhere. Tons of variety!

You got from the mute Bumblebee helping Optimus to playing as Optimus, learning the driving mechanics (which feel great once you get the hang of them), to a mission depending entirely on stealth with Cliffjumper, to a grappling stage (Think Bionic Commando) with Jazz. Biggest highlight of the game is no doubt the two stages where you control Grim Lock.
You will pound, smash, and tear your way through hordes of enemies.

This game has a very good difficulity too. It is mainly a cover-based shooter, however you don't have a cover button. Instead you'll have to stick to walls and use your trusty arm switch button to switch which arm your weapon is in, which also changes your shoulderview. This provides excellent cover and is even extremely useful in MP.

Rushing in blindly WILL get you killed, there is melee attacks but only with certain characters is it actually a proper option to use them without putting yourself at risk.

What more can I say? BUY IT! Fuck, I cannot emphasis this enough, this game is THE game of the year, no doubt about that. The campaign is absolutely amazing, absolutely, fucking, amazing.
The only bad part about the game is that it's MP is based on the shitty console P2P style, so us PC gamers get fucked over a bit. But we (unlike the console kids) get 60 FPS and better graphics!

Due to this being a retelling of how they ended up on earth, there's only one way this game can end, and some may feel it's a bit anti-climatic, however the scene just before the very very end makes up for it, and if that fight doesn't, then the rest of the game fucking will.
Anyone liking video games, anyone liking Transformers, anyone who likes action. This game will blow your fucking mind. 15/10, will play again, at least twenty times.

Last edited by Coppersocket on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron Empty Re: Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron

Post by Eodan Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:12 am

May look into it once I get some cash. I have always been a big fan of Transformers.
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron Empty Re: Transformers General, Fall of Cybertron

Post by Ledgic Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:14 am

My best friend's girlfriend is a ridiculously massive Transformers fan and she's turned this game into something akin to her bible.

Sooo, yeah. I'll have it in time, I would think :p
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:39 am

I remember reading old Transformer magazines when very young, must say I totally fell in love with sentient transforming beings ever since. Very Happy
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 am

I'm a big transformers fan. Seen the three latest movies, always watched the old school cartoons of them, and the newer ones (including beast wars etc)

Don't really know much of the detailed lore parts though, as the cartoon stuff was in a distant past and the movies don't give that much lore in detail. Might try to see if I can play this game somehow.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:55 am

Well, the Micheal Bay movies were complete rape of Transformers, they were okay action movies but they weren't actually proper transformers movies as much as boasting the US marines.

As for lore, I'm not too great on that either, but I don't feel that it's really needed to appreciate this franchise for what it is, robots shooting the shit out of eachothers, while having kickass personalities.

Barely any of the transformers present in G1 comes across as completely useless, which is nice- even when the bigger bots come around, the smaller ones don't just stand around, they fucking fight.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorainne/Bridlington Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 am

I love your signature .gif, Coppersocket. Made me giggle!
Lorainne/Bridlington
Lorainne/Bridlington

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnabhair Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 am

Lorainne/Bridlington wrote:I love your signature .gif, Coppersocket. Made me giggle!

Sorry, but I must agree with this. X3

Sea otters! <3 \o/
Finnabhair
Finnabhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down