Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The seven Blademasters and their teachings

+4
siegmund
Thelos
Vaell
Norrian/Chezz
8 posters

Go down

[A] The seven Blademasters and their teachings Empty [A] The seven Blademasters and their teachings

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Sup my ninjas.

I've this idea and I'm really not sure how to explain this. I wanna make an event (already practicing with the Freelancers on Norrian) where I'll get to show off several different fighting styles with different purposes. First one is a 1v1 specific style, second one is more defensive then offensive, third one is a dual-wielding style with light or mail armors and that kinda stuff. I wanna do this so I can widen up newbies and passive people's perspective of fighting and show them how far they can go to make their character look cool and not be imba at the same time, in my opinion.

In my trainings I pay special OOC attention to everyone interested for stuff like how many actions can you do in a single emote, how many emotes should your char be able to perform before getting tired, what weapons should he use and why. How would he be able to combine his own attacks with those of his pet or with an ally.

So yeah, let me know if there's any interest in my stuff. I'm even willing to listen to people with ideas or even invite them for a lesson or two themselves.

I play mostly on Norrian.

Last edited by Atheramis/Chezz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

[A] The seven Blademasters and their teachings Empty Re: [A] The seven Blademasters and their teachings

Post by Vaell Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:07 pm

A cool idea to aid people in Emote fighting, just make sure you don't make it -too- realistic! This is still a fantasy world where someone could do some Achilles in Troy fighting and not seem unusual!
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] The seven Blademasters and their teachings Empty Re: [A] The seven Blademasters and their teachings

Post by Norrian/Chezz Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Ah, but of course. I intend to make a tendency to do cool stuff like "misses with his massive mace but smashes the ground and makes a small quake that causes nearby apples to fall off a tree" or "the blades connect and big sparks fly and cause a small fire right next to the foot of -insert spectator here-"
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Looks like somebody caught the monk-fever a little early!

I'm definately interested in taking a peek at this. Hit me up in game sometimes if you decide to do it Alliance-side!
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:50 am

Monks? Thats just rude! I bet a Rogue like class could take on the Monk any day. Deception > All .

Also fantasy ya, thats why i crafted a "Fan of knives" like ability, but even still it's not too OP but cool and fantasy worthy, plus you can only really use it once a fight. It's kind of a Musket thing, but A lot of Darts flying in every direction.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:09 am

Actually, I must confess that the thing that motivated and inspired me to do this were the Star Wars lightsaber forms and the resent several changes of character I had of late Smile

I'm one of those people that don't like the pandas. Plz don't turn this into a panda argument. There's another thread for that Very Happy
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:37 pm

The Blademaster is intrigued.

Please... do tell.

*sips tea*
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Oh... Well, the event is planned for alliance side Very Happy Should have mentioned that earlier. The "blademasters" are part of some arena fighting games sponsored by those seven blademasters, which in turn are all from Norrian's now extinct family. Very Happy Sorry about the missleading information Very Happy
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:Oh... Well, the event is planned for alliance side Very Happy Should have mentioned that earlier. The "blademasters" are part of some arena fighting games sponsored by those seven blademasters, which in turn are all from Norrian's now extinct family. Very Happy Sorry about the missleading information Very Happy

i sense a mis-use of the title Blademaster! HERESY!
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Well I do confess I did no reading whatsoever about the blademasters. I did not assume that there's actually a type of persona blademaster Very Happy I though that a blademaster means a damn master of blades! Very Happy Shiet, son.

More seriously, "The Blademasters" was the name of the group of people that are the fathers of the said styles. As soon as I decide to make the event/s I'll post the story in another section.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 am

I know this is supposed to go in the Event section but we already started to discuss this.

So, Saturday, 19:00h server time we meet up in the keep. We will start a long walk to Moonbrook and discuss why everyone fights and the types of fights there are as we get there. There's a great bit of good talkin' we can do. When we get there I'll give a brief overview of the seven styles and finally, if there's interest, we can start practicing.

ICly people should just talk about this so that it may gain some popularity. No fliers or posters or anything Very Happy Matt can't afford any advertisement Very Happy

Hope to see some people there.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:32 am

The term "Blademaster" does make a lot of people think "orc" straight away.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/orc/units/blademaster.shtml
http://www.wowwiki.com/Blademaster
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:42 pm

"The Blade masters" is what people refer'd to the original seven dudes 'n dudette that made the seven styles of blade combat. Those 6 guys and a chick were gladiators and after that became scholars. I'll finish up the story tonight if I have the time and post it in the IC section. Think of an organisation. Example is a guild called "The Scarlet Something" that has nothing to do with the scarlet crusade.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm pretty sure a bunch of Human Arena-goers didn't stop and go..

" WAIT GUSIES! We can't be called The Blademasters! The orcs already did it! "
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Blademaster, as in the Warcraft term, doesn't simply refer to people skilled with blades. Blademasters were as far as I know imbuing their martial prowess with powers of the spirits. So, sort of like a Death Knight, only instead of being dead he's alive and instead of arcane/fel shadow magic he uses spirit magic. This is also why they were able to become invisible at will and why they had the Mirror Image ability.
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm

It's okay though. I see no reason why a bunch of dude with swords couldn't call themselves "The Blademasters". Just keep in mind that the word "Blademaster" invokes a certain set of expectations from warcraft geeks.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 am

((Well here it is. I am fairly sick untill now to argue with some of you guys around stuff that has little to none importance so I replaced Blademasters with Armsmasters.

Unfortunately I've no access to the Library section Sad Placing it here. If I resolve this with one of the Admins I'll move it there Smile 'n sorry for the typos. I don't seem to have spell check here. ))

Spoiler:

I will offer lessons in the Seven Styles of the Norrian Armsmasters for free to anyone who wishes. I only wish that you tell your children and your children’s children where you learned from. And perhaps one day, when they are mature enough to understand, you may tell them the rest of our story.
Perhaps the murderer of my family will read this and come try and finish the job. I would praise the Light if that was to happen.

Signed: Matthew Maxwell Norrian
Stormwind City
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:09 am

Norrian/Chezz wrote:I replaced Blademasters with Armsmasters.
A wise choice.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down