Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A change of path.

Go down

A change of path. Empty A change of path.

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:30 am

Pierre crawled out of the kart on to the cobblestones. He took a deep breath and smelled the fresh breeze of wind, carring the salted scent of the sea. Though the Cathedral wasn't right by the sea.. it was still blessed by its fresh air.

The merchant who offered Pierre the ride waved him goodbye with a big thanks. Considering the tip he was given, that was well worth being grateful. Still Pierre hoped it would become a lesson for the man that would encourage him to help out people more spontaneously. He felt it was his Priestly cloth that spurred the man to aid a hand at first.

Having had the luxury of a horse or a gryphon for so long, Pierre never bothered to keep his legs in shape. As these luxuries were now lost, he promised he'd keep to some physical training instead.

With a light step, he marched into the Cathedral's library. Father John looked up from his inscription work and peered at Pierre for a moment.
- "Ahh.. Brother Jean-Pierre. How gracious of you to come by. It's been a long time since we have seen you here."
"Ahh yes, Father John. Indeed. I hope.. to be seen more often now, though."
- "Hm? Will you be searching something in our library? By all means, be our guest.. If you happen to have some spare time, we have been looking for master caligraphers, writers and researchers. Perhaps we could tempt you to be employed in our library?"
Father John laughed softly and shook his head, fearing the recurrent question would be answered, once more, with a friendly decline. Pierre simple returned a smile and nodded.
"Perhaps you may. It is for that purpose I am here."
- "And your Order, Pierre?"
Pierre sighed and gestured at the seat in front of the desk.
- "Oh, by all means. Do have a seat."
Pierre accepted the invitation and returned John a sad gaze.
"I have resigned, Father. I tried. I tried so hard, but.. I look back at what I did and I see only decline in the matters I was responsible for. I felt it would be irresponsible of me to keep such responsibilities towards people who risk their lives and honor on a daily basis."
John took a moment to observe Pierre, sucking on his wooden pen.
- "You know.. When you first arrived in Stormwind, I never guessed you would be cut for the kind of work they'd offer you. You are a master with the pen, perhaps even with words... but only when they are written. You have a keen mind for the Light's philosophies and a vivid imagination capable of projecting it in the simplest of things. But battle and hunting cultists? Battling false allegations of Shadow corruption? Answering to Chaplains and Magistrates? Councils and ambassadors? Pierre.. as much as I would love you to succeed in such matters, I didn't believe you would be cut out for such work."
John took his pen out of his mouth and tapped his chin with a finger.
- "But I must confess you have held out longer than I had guessed. For what it is worth, Pierre, you almost convinced me you'd make it."
"For a moment.. so I had convinced myself."
- "It has shaped you, you know."
"Let us hope for the better."
- "Only time will tell."
"Would my work still be welcome here?"
- "You can start right away."
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down