Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demon Hunter looking for something to hunt! (Or any RP for that matter...)

+14
Sanara
erwtenpeller
Yarnaat
Thelos
siegmund
Coppersocket
Arkil
Sepathey
Skarain
Lexgrad
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Raelan
Vaell
Norrian/Chezz
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Demon Hunter looking for something to hunt! (Or any RP for that matter...) - Page 2 Empty Re: Demon Hunter looking for something to hunt! (Or any RP for that matter...)

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:Additionally, I have a feeling that people cannot take me seriously...
*cough*
Atheramis/Chezz wrote:So this rogue of mine is a Demon Hunter. True to the concept, he's a misunderstood good guy, though he's pretty much a demon - has no eyes (and thus his normal sight is highly damaged and beyond repair), he has a furry, crimson tail with a spike and fel tattoos. Any priest can sense him from 50 meters away.

erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Demon Hunter looking for something to hunt! (Or any RP for that matter...) - Page 2 Empty Re: Demon Hunter looking for something to hunt! (Or any RP for that matter...)

Post by Sanara Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:19 pm

I made a Demon Hunter character a while back so I've given the concept some thought. Generally, a Demon Hunter is a terrible main RP character, because you can't really find random RP where they would fit in, there aren't any guilds who believably would take them in - and indeed, Demon Hunters would avoid integrating with communities anyway - and very few events actually suit them.

A Demon Hunter's player would need to create his own RP, crafting plots and setting OOC machinations in motion to kick off a storyline where the Demon Hunter can play a part. Otherwise, you might as well not play a Demon Hunter at all.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Thelos, it wasn't meant seriously. <_<
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:Additionally, I have a feeling that people cannot take me seriously...
Atheramis/Chezz wrote:So this rogue of mine is a Demon Hunter. True to the concept, he's a misunderstood good guy, though he's pretty much a demon - has no eyes (and thus his normal sight is highly damaged and beyond repair), he has a furry, crimson tail with a spike and fel tattoos. Any priest can sense him from 50 meters away.
Oh wait it's you... You'd have been killed on sight the moment you were seen at Stormwind Gates, just gonna lay it out there. Make of it as you wish, but why the hell would Stormwind allow DEMONS in their city?
Might as well invite Sargeras for a cup of tea while we're at it.

Let me phrase myself from another thread.

The idea of feral street worgen itself is just herpderp IM A SPECHUL SNOWFLAKE.

Ferals are retarded, ferals in a CITY is even MORE retarded.
There's guards basically everywhere. I can accept if you take on the Worgen side a bit more, but bitch please- following the plot of the Worgen starting Zone any Worgen able to enter Stormwind or even getting close to a town, would be Sane worgen. Were it rabid it'd be put down immediately before it even got to the gates.

It's like parading around as a necromancer in Stormwind raising ghouls in broad daylight screaming out that you intend to kill Wrynn. You'd have a crossbow arrow in your head in seconds.

You might think, how does this relate to me? You're a fucking demon, if a feral Worgen would be shot on sight, what do you think would happen if a Demon comes near the city? Call the guards, call the fucking mages. Kill the being before it gets close. You'd be toast in seconds.

-No body- aside from possibly the Legion would ever welcome you to their city, outpost or anything like that, they'd try kill you for the abomination you are.

0/10, would not bang.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet
Name: Mineral Coppersocket
Title: Street Sweeper, Jeweler

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Coppersocket wrote:
Spoiler:

Atheramis is sticking to rooftops and is stealthily moving around only at nights when his sight and that of the guards are pretty much on the same level - his hearing and sense of smell should be better at night. Stormwind is a big city. There are twenty-ish guards patrolling the entire city at night. Now, Ather ain't that strong but surely any creature that knows the city and can climb buildings can avoid a bunch of guards.
Though seriously, what will happen if they see him? They're going to wake up the entire city because of some guy in red that's practicing parkour on the rooftops? I doubt it'll be such a fuss.

And what do you mean with
Coppersocket wrote: Oh wait it's you...

I know all the stuff you guys wrote already.

What I meant with
Atheramis/Chezz wrote:IMO, elves should kinda be the only normal community that should accept him. They would understand his sacrifice and keep in mind that after he dies his soul will never be free from the gasp of the demon - such was the deal Smile
But hey, you're the druid.

Is that if any people have even the slightest chance of accepting what he is, that would be the elves.

Let's give my post a couple of days. I assure you guys that Atheramis had a complete presence of mind when he willingly became a Demon Hunter and had a good reason to do so (the story is quite touching, actually). Perhaps someone that would accept a demon hunter in their ranks will see it. If not, go ahead and hunt him Smile If you catch him and he fails to earn his freedom in your eyes go ahead and burn him. Someone said there's not much point in RPing a demon hunter. This will either prove them right or wrong.

Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://last.fm/user/icetorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Any Alliance affiliated guild won't be allowed to let you in, though. Accepting a demon into your ranks is pretty much treason! Elves probably have a stronger distaste for Demon-Hunters.

By the way, Stormwind has a lot more than 20 guards at night Razz In-game they can't build a realistically sized city / population due to most computers not being able to handle anything remotely on the scale of the 200k it has.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Vaell wrote:
By the way, Stormwind has a lot more than 20 guards at night Razz In-game they can't build a realistically sized city / population due to most computers not being able to handle anything remotely on the scale of the 200k it has.

I'm not questioning the truthfulness of this I'm merely remarking that won't be the reason. I'm a computer guy Very Happy I know a little bit about moving objects in games.

Still, I don't think an entire army is walking around the streets. Make them one hundred in packs of three.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 pm

No but considering it is a capital city, you'll have closer to a few hundred guards than 20.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:23 pm

The city is ICly bigger then it is in game. He's not setting stuff on fire or blowing stuff up. He's just quietly dashing around. He does nothing to alert the guards. I still think that if I do want to lurk around SW at night there's nothing any guard can do before they actually find him Very Happy (Though some dude did see me the other day... but he got lucky Very Happy)
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm

You're also ignoring how the hell he would get in at all.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:22 pm

I see where this is going. If he so much desires he'll find a way. He'll smuggle himself in on a ship or scale one of the more hidden walls. He can purchase a gryphon from Booty Bay(or steal it). He steal a boat or build one and row from Westfall. SW is a big city. Not every inch of the city is being monitored. But fine, I get that this is something in someway personal so he never really left Stormwind. He's been at his abandoned barn all the time.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:40 pm

I'm not trying to be a dick if I'm coming across as one, it is only that a character like this is incredibly hard to fit in anywhere. Demon-Hunters are solitary by nature.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppersocket Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:04 pm

Personal? No. I'm looking at this from a logical point of view. How he got in to the city in the first place boggles my mind, and why he would -choose- to go into a city where he's most likely to be shot dead if he's discovered by anyone at all, is even more mind boggling. Does your character seek suicide that badly?

Yes, the entire city isn't monitored at every angle at every single time, but the reason we're telling you this is because a character such as yours simply has no reason what so ever to ever be in a civil area, let alone to be accepted in one.

You're giving us a concept which is absolutely absurd and then expect us to accept it?
Not only are you playing a Demon, you're a Demon Demon-Hunter, who tries to stay in Stormwind.

It makes no sense, and I don't see any reason for anyone to accept it. Unless your character is a uber hax ninja, he won't go unnoticed for long- and that alone is just herpderp.

I don't know anything about your other characters, nor about you as a person so I have nothing to say there, this character you've come up with however... Just no.

If you insist further, then let me ask you, who the fuck would teach a DEMON to be a Demon-hunter, where did this 'kind' Demon come from? Demons serve the legion, the only demons we have ever encountered serves the legion and it will remain like that until we -maybe- some day travel to a universe where there are some sort of 'demons' that are not working for the Burning Legion and see it wiser to ally with the Horde/Alliance. Don't you see the contradictions in your own character?

I believe it's time you went back to the drawing board and perhaps read up, before you decided to make another super special snowflake.

But of course, it's up to you. If you insist on playing this character no matter what, then expect a lot of people like me, who will openly tell you, your character shouldn't exist.

This has possibly come across as a very angry/rude post, however I believe it is necessary to speak my mind in this matter. I have no desire to encourage someone to play a character that has so many plot holes that he makes drilled cheese look whole. It is necessary to keep a certain standard, and I do not believe this fits within that standard in the least.
It's just another "Ise Prinsess" throwing fireballs, but better spelled.
Coppersocket
Coppersocket

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Coppersocket wrote:Demons serve the legion, the only demons we have ever encountered serves the legion and it will remain like that until we -maybe- some day travel to a universe where there are some sort of 'demons' that are not working for the Burning Legion and see it wiser to ally with the Horde/Alliance.

I agree with most of your post, but will make a note that this part is incorrect. There are rogue demons (and even penitent demons) in lore and in-game. Altruis the Sufferer in Nagrand has you meet with a friendly demon ally of his in Shattrath, and has you hunt a non-Legion-aligned demon in Zangarmarsh. There is also a penitent satyr in Ashenvale.

Last edited by Drustai on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Not to mention that there have been several rogue Satyrs, I believe. not the least of which is Xavius, now known as the Nightmare Lord, who seems to be serving the Old Gods now.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Guys, I'm doing this for the sake of RP. This is something rarely seen and I think it's going to provide some good RP to all of us if I can RP this guy properly, to your standarts. I get that some people don't really want this type of RP like Coppersocket above me and the Cartel bunch because that kind of compromise would destabilice that thing they have going on, but some people may do.

I officially promise that my toon won't go against the villains and criminals of the server(unless you ask me OOCly to) and if he is asked why he'll respond something in the line off: I've bigger fish to fry, I don't do petty criminals.

I know about your big ass rulebooks, I read the forums and I understand the need for realism and I'm willing to play by your rules, as this is obviously your thing. To be fair I find it fascinating that you guys have guards, bad guys, leaders of the people and the magical society and pretty much anything that a World of Warcraft would have. I'm already willing to accept the concequinses of the fact that my toon can and will be punished with death if he is caught.
My point is that at the end of the night he didn't really do anything bad. Atleast not something that would get his head chopped off Very Happy

Additionally, there's really no reason for any guard to be alerted. He keeps his head down, eyes closed, tail winded on his waist behind the belt and tattoos rarely visible. He doesn't cause trouble, he barely talks to anyone. And he's blind. That's noticable. (He can see a little of shapes and maybe a little bit of faces but he can't read for example). He doesn't have horns or hooves or wings (yet). This demon hunter is not a fanatic or a fighter. He's a social character and a person who learned from his and other people's mistakes - he talks to people and demons alike, searching as deep as he has to to make them see reason as he did. He's cryptic and does not struggle to explain himself like I do Very Happy He would merely make a cheesy referrence and say something in the line of: "It is not thirst for power that drives me. It is but duty, to people that once called me friend, ally and brother. If you cannot understand this then you are ignorant fools, walking the easy path to your own destruction as a nation." Or something like that Very Happy
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:19 pm

As for his actual reason for him to be in Stormwind and how he turned from a human to a demon:

Spoiler:
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't think anyone wants to discourage you from playing the character entirely. It is just a bad choice for a main character. This line struck me...

My point is that at the end of the night he didn't really do anything bad. Atleast not something that would get his head chopped off Very Happy
And I think this is exactly what I'm trying to say. Most people would want your head. You're a demon. Anyone affiliated with the light will want you dead. The NElves will treat you like crap and you may have a few of those trying to kill you. Guards and the such will arrest / have you killed on sight. The Kirin Tor would arrest you on sight.

You kind of stand on the most disliked character on the server by nature. Unless he wanders around the city, cloaked and without his blades. Most wouldn't recognise a Demon-Hunter as they're rare to see, so you could wander the city BUT as soon as you're sensed by someone with magical or light capabilities, or if you reveal yourself, you're screwed.

Your best bet if you want the character to survive and have a place is rather repent in Shattrath or be a character who starts off an event in Outland / somewhere with Demons in Azeroth, and invite people to help. The Alliance will work with a Demon-Hunter for the greater good but they'll never allow one to walk their streets.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:59 pm

Vaell wrote:

Your best bet if you want the character to survive and have a place is rather repent in Shattrath or be a character who starts off an event in Outland / somewhere with Demons in Azeroth, and invite people to help. The Alliance will work with a Demon-Hunter for the greater good but they'll never allow one to walk their streets.

Well for the sake of RP I guess I'll do that if nothing comes up soonish.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Atheramis/Chezz wrote:The city is ICly bigger then it is in game. He's not setting stuff on fire or blowing stuff up. He's just quietly dashing around. He does nothing to alert the guards. I still think that if I do want to lurk around SW at night there's nothing any guard can do before they actually find him Very Happy (Though some dude did see me the other day... but he got lucky Very Happy)

Atheramis/Chexx wrote:Any priest can sense him from 50 meters away.

YOU CAN NOT STAY HIDDEN INSIDE STORMWIND, THERE ARE MANY PRIESTS THERE.

STOP RPING DEMON HUNTERS. EVERYBODY. NOT JUST ATHERAMIS.

/rant off

EDIT: No, you can not provide any level of "good RP" by being a Demon Hunter in Stormwind. It's retarded beyond reason. The only way to play the Demon Hunter anywhere near reasnoably is to stay the fuck away from all levels of society. The only way you can be accepted by anybody would be by having the Sha'tar smite the demon soul inside you and I'm fairly sure that sort of thing would kill you. No you don't go around talking to people and demons alike, you're a fucking demon hunter. Both people and demons hate your guts.

Honestly, being a demon hunter is so demanding that the pre-requisite for being allowed to RP one would be that you're reasonable enough to not want to. There should not be any demon hunters controlled by players, ever, at all. You're basically destined to RP by your own with yourself forever because you can't enter any alliance or horde towns because of IC logic, and you can't befriend the Illidari, Legion or any of those because lol game mechanics.

Do yourself a favour and stop trying to be the fucking snowflake.

Last edited by Debri on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 pm

As much as I try to avoid slamming ideas, this is a universally slammed one. Try posting on any of the realm forums about it, I dare you.

I know you keep saying you're doing it for the sake of the RP that could take place. I'd just like to point out that it is ten times more likely you'll be ignored for claiming to be a demon hunter.

That is of course, if we ignore all the points brought up about Stormwind. Yeah bro, sorry.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Norrian/Chezz Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 pm

I see. Well. Officially, I'M NOT DROPPING THE IDEA. FUCK YEAH, CAPSLOCK!

I've no idea why this is such a big deal... I'm new to the realm.

And I don't even know what a snowflake means but I reckon it's something to do with an attention whore or something that's easily visible in a community.

Ignore me if you must. All chars I play are in my signature. AmÒrphis is with a O grave and you can use Alt 0210 in the num pad.
Admin, can we please get a lock here? Thanks.
Norrian/Chezz
Norrian/Chezz

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 pm

Dont worry, I like Chezz at least ;D

But yes, might be good to lock.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Welp, fair enough. Locking it then.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2