Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcane Formulae I: The Phylactery

Go down

Arcane Formulae I: The Phylactery Empty Arcane Formulae I: The Phylactery

[Written in Draenei in the Items chapter of Drustai's Necromancy greatbook]

"These details were given to me by Amal’thazad, Archlich of the Knights of the Ebon Blade. I note them down here so that I will not forget nor mistake the details.

Add the following ingredients into the phylactery’s mixture at the time of crafting:

Add three drops of Lichbloom extract. Stir one rotation after each drop.
Spread finely-ground dust from three six-faceted black diamonds across the surface of the mixture.
Spread fine powder from nine undamaged black lotus stalks across the surface of the mixture.
Let sit until all material has dissolved.
Cast a palms-worth of dried demon blood flakes into the mix. Stir until liquid has gained a faint greenish tinge. (Researcher’s note: A mixture of soul essence, arcane powder, racial blood, powdered red dragon bone, and the dormant ashes of a phoenix could potentially be used in place of this to prevent fel corruption.)
Add thirteen drops of fresh, virgin blood from a member of your species. Stir well.
Allow mixture to settle until cold and then reheat it. Do this three times total.
Once heated for the last time, drop a small parchment inscribed and empowered with the caster’s arcane signature into the mixture. The parchment should be made of dried and preserved ghoul skin, and the glyph inscribed with the caster’s own blood.
Stir well.

Pour mixture into a mold made of natural black onyx. Seal shut and then wrap an animated umbilical cable around the outside of the mold.

Once the cast is complete, remove and clean. Once clean, the phylactery must be enchanted with the following symbols:

[Various symbols are shown. Apparently the final symbol must again be the caster’s personal arcane signature.]

One of two methods of applying these symbols to the phylactery can be taken.

If it is a container-style phylactery, the symbols must be written upon a parchment of preserved ghoul skin with the caster’s own blood. This parchment must then be sprinkled three times with silver dust and infused with arcane energy. Finally, fold neatly and seal inside the container.

For a non-container phylactery, inscribe the symbols upon the surface and then pour pure silver into each etching. Allow to dry, then clean. Infuse the finished glyphs with arcane energy.

Once finished, wait until full moon, on the 15th day of a 30-day month, preferably in autumn or winter. Be sure to have successfully completed both phylactery and potion of transformation prior to this date.

Prepare the transformation site on a crossroads between an old cemetery and a large city, or in a cemetery that is within the borders of a large city.

Paint the following spell pattern upon a pristine copper surface. Use a toad-bone stylus and a full pint of darkflame ink. Ensure measurements are perfect—use measuring tools.

[The pattern is seen here. Large and complex.]

Set the finished phylactery upon the center of the pattern and then place an emerald-green drape woven of shadowcloth upon it. Draw a bone wand with your right hand, and in your left hold nine fingerbones engraved with your personal arcane signature. Incant clearly in your native tongue the following words three times, once every three minutes. During each utterance, make three broad strokes with the wand and then cast three fingerbones upon the pattern.

“Let this container of [metal used in the mold] and silver become my vessel. I do offer it my soul, as I request from it a haven. It shall keep me safe from death, as I keep it safe from destruction. By this pact, enforced by my blood and signature, shall we be forever and eternal bound.”

Set aside your wand and draw a dagger. Consume the potion of transformation and then slit your throat.

As you die, pray."
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit