Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Research Notes II

Go down

Research Notes II Empty Research Notes II

(03/23/12)
"These notes have been sadly neglected of late, due to unfortunate events at the city of Dalaran. Suffice it to say, one does not have the time to conduct experiments while fleeing from hiding spot to hiding spot due to being hunted for the use of necromancy to save a man’s life.

Quite telling, it is, that this world would rather hunt healers than killers. Known demon-suckling warlocks are allowed to walk freely, while necromancers like myself are imprisoned and executed for using our talents to heal. Human society sickens me.

Regardless, these notes are not for the purpose of ranting about other transpirings. Soon I will be taken to the floating city and be unable to continue any research for quite some time, so it is prudent that I write down my thoughts now.

As I mentioned before, I have considered the prospect of seeking to return living functions to my undead form, rather than my previous goal of reversing my unliving state. While Larem has gotten some leads, I must admit that I lack her faith in uncovering anything of value. It is not the first lead we have gotten, and they have all met dead ends before. Therefore, I shall continue on my other avenue for now.

There are two primary considerations for any solution I devise. First, it must be capable of presenting me as lifelike as possible to other individuals. Secondly, it must be able to actually activate the emotional and sensory centers of my soul.

For the first consideration, I must greatly expand upon my current illusion. While what I use works well enough for now, it is insufficient due to only providing visual and tactile sensations—I must supplement these with auditory, olfactory, taste, and thermal aspects. This must also extend to the sensation of moisture in the appropriate places, and perhaps breath.

The second is the more difficult aspect to realize. Due to the poor link between body and soul, physical sensations are poorly recognized. The metaphysical distance deadens the sensation by the time it actually reaches the soul. In addition, death renders other aspects completely impossible.

My theory is this: Instead of attempt to increase the ‘volume’ of the sensation, we instead deliberately activate the appropriate center of the soul at the same moment as the body is touched. Consider it from the standpoint of a bridge. Right now, it is a very long bridge that a messenger must travel far to cross. What we instead must do is turn it into a light. A light flashes on one end, indicating that a sensation has been felt. This light travels instantaneously, but does not itself do anything but signal. The other side, then, activates its own corresponding light in response.

Instead of one messenger, we have two lights.

Doing this is theoretically possible. These centers of the soul can be activated, and I have done so through various means. Committing acts of violence, for example, triggers an arousal of the pleasure center. Carrying this on to actual murder is akin to achieving a state of orgasm. Thus, intimacy should be possible if I can devise a method to activate the pleasure center once the appropriate ‘light’ is given. Namely, I must trick the soul into believing that the body is killing, when in reality it is having sexual contact.

There are, again, two considerations in this. First is that the soul must believe it is actually killing. Second, there must be an infusion of life energy, to provide the ‘rush’. The first is easy to achieve, I can merely 'flash the appropriate light' that informs the soul that the body has committed a murder, even though it has not. The second is trickier, but should be doable.

There are three methods for the second. The first would be to expand upon my current capabilities, evoking life energy from the surrounding environment. This is typically hit or miss, though, and typically provides only a sliver of fuel. This will likely be a supplementary source of energy, just as it is for my normal feeding.

The second method is a reverse conversion of the necrotic energy within my body already. Necrotic energy is defined as the unnatural merging of life and shadow energy into one singular essence. By separating these two forces—as in the Undeath to Death spell—living essence can be acquired from the body’s reserves. The de-conversion will be only temporary, it is actually the re-conversion of the life energy
back into necrotic energy that will fuel the sensations. In other words, I will be recycling the energy already in my body. Such a process will be very inefficient, and drain me quickly, but I would rather be able to feel again. Coupling this with evoking life energy should help to offset some of the energy drain, however.

The third method is more personally intriguing, though likely not a very endearing prospect to those I am with. It involves more-or-less rewriting the code that requires killing, and replacing it with another form of energy sustenance. I already do this in a way by absorbing life energy from plants or evoking it from the environment, but this can be extended into activities with a living being. In other words, drawing energy through touch, much like a ghost. I hesitate to use such a method during casual encounters, as it would likely be noticeable by the other individual, but in intimate encounters, where fatigue is already expected, it would go unnoticed.

I must admit, that the prospect is both intriguing and somewhat disconcerting. I would have to dub it the “Succubus Theory”, for it operates in much the same manner as a succubus or incubus: feeding on another’s life energy through sex.

Emotions are more difficult. I am unsure if this will be possible to realize. I can, in fact, feel positive emotions, albeit quite rare and usually in a dull form. I would have to do more research to determine if it is possible to encourage these like I do with the physical aspects. However, it should theoretically be possible, seeing as I am not completely cut off from such things.

Due to the complexity involved in this spell, it will likely be very difficult to develop, as well as to cast. My initial calculations may be off, but in order to make the effect permanent I will need to draw upon a significant portion of my necrotic fuel, as well as my soul. In fact, I am unsure if it would even be possible for me to cast such a spell in a single sitting on my own. The expendure would simply be too great. It will likely require a ritual, taking course over a month or two. Alternatively, circle magic incorporating the assistance of several archmagi—which I do not see happening in my current predicament.

And speaking of archmagi, it seems my captors have arrived. Therefore I shall have to finish this writing at a later date. I shall consider more details during my likely long stay in Dalaran’s vault. Proper spell development shall begin once I have been released."
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Research Notes II :: Comments

Drustai

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:05 pm by Drustai

Again, reposting due to having my own forum.

Back to top Go down