Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help save lives, serious Cancer topic.

+11
Vaell
Kristeas Sunbinder
Antistia
Eowale
Naomi
Amaryl
Darilas
Shaelyssa
Xen-tau
Morinth
Kaleil Sunstrike
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help save lives, serious Cancer topic. Empty Help save lives, serious Cancer topic.

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi! This isn't a plea or anything, and I really am not expecting anything, however, it's worth a shot:

Cancer affects 1 in 3 of us and Cancer Research UK are committed to finding cures to fight against it, they are not government funded and need all the help they can get! many of my family have been affected by it and most reasently is my mother who just last month got her first years all clear.
It's thanks to normal people like us she survived :-) normal random weird and wacky people like us who donated, not just my mum, millions of people's mums, dads, sons, daughters you name it! Have had the same luck my family have through charity's like Cancer Research UK.

I'll be competing in a 24 hour run and walk to raise money for Cancer research, last year I made over £2000 I have lowered my expected amount to 200 but I hope to raise much much more, many more people will be doing it and combined we made almost £70000 which is just amazing!

So, if you can (don't feel you have to) please sponsor me!

http://relay.cancerresearchuk.org/goto/dan87

/end soppybollox
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

http://sinbelore.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

Help save lives, serious Cancer topic. Empty Re: Help save lives, serious Cancer topic.

Post by Morinth Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:24 pm

My aunt died of breast cancer a few years back on christmas, and a few months after that my grandad died of cancer too. And more recently, my younger cousin died of Leukemia. It seems to be a family thing, so I'm constantly paranoid that I'll be next. x)

I applaud you sir. I'd donate if I had money right now! I get paid soon though, so I'll see what I can spare then. Smile
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Help save lives, serious Cancer topic. Empty Re: Help save lives, serious Cancer topic.

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Similar for me, leukaemia on my cousin when we was young, she now suffers with a brain tumor, my mum survived breast cancer, my grandad died the day my daughter was born through Lung Cancer and my other grandad has Prostate cancer, it's a terrible thing and it affects everyone in this world. Don't feel you have to donate, your and well wishes is more than enough.
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Good to hear about your mother. I get my first year all clear mark in April.

Worthy cause, /support

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Perturbo wrote:Good to hear about your mother. I get my first year all clear mark in April.

Worthy cause, /support

Thank you, the cause really does mean a lot to me. Glad to know another survivor. /salute
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:11 pm

I would love to support you...

I just do not have a creditcard... n.n"
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 pm

I'm so happy to hear about your mom Kal Smile that's great hamdillah!!!

And wow ... 1 in 3 people? Are you sure of that statistic? That's shockingly high. Incidence of cancer here in the gulf is much lower I think ... much much lower. Although diabetes and obesity is like 1 in 4 peoople Surprised

Anyways I'll try to get round to donating some time later this week ...when are you going to do the run and what's the deadline for donating?
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:37 pm

I survived lymphatic cancer at 16. Good work, Kal, hope you'll make good money.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:I'm so happy to hear about your mom Kal Smile that's great hamdillah!!!

And wow ... 1 in 3 people? Are you sure of that statistic? That's shockingly high. Incidence of cancer here in the gulf is much lower I think ... much much lower. Although diabetes and obesity is like 1 in 4 peoople Surprised

Anyways I'll try to get round to donating some time later this week ...when are you going to do the run and what's the deadline for donating?

its because as you get older the chances of cancer increases exponentially. So the older we live generally the more likely you are to die of cancer, because the previous generation had an all time high Lifetime expectancy, and our generation is even higher...

you sand people just don't know how to diagnose or you die too young Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Well I won't pretend I know much about cancer but there are also genetic factors involved and lifestyle can also affect incidence of cancer iirc. I know about a handful of people who have cancer. Nobody in my family has cancer though although my dad has 6 siblings, 5 of them are obese and have diabetes. The one who didn't died of a heart attack.

The problem we have here is mainly obesity CVD and diabetes :[ but anyways cough
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 pm

I was actually diagnosed with leukemia on my 3rd birthday though thankfully was given the all clear when I was 11. Funnily enough me being ill actually helped someone else in my playgroup get identified. The doctors spent a good while trying to find out what was exactly wrong with me. When they spotted similarities they did the same tests for him and he got an early diagnosis.

I fully support this Very Happy

Naomi

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:23 pm

My first donation! You get server first :-) thank you do much and thank you all for your support!
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Eowale Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 pm

I lost my grandpa to blood cancer years ago. A highly painfull way to go, I've heard.
I was too young to understand that he was never coming back from the hospital and it took me a entire year to realise that he was dead. Never cried to much in my entire life. Life moves on, though!
A very noble cause, Kaleil, I would donate if it wasn't for the fact that Im broke and will probably be broke for a few months forward. Stable relationships is hard. q_q

Best of luck with the donations and etc!
Spoiler:
Eowale
Eowale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 pm

You know, last Friday I was told my grandfather has cancer. It's not life-threatening, and it is treatable. Kal, kudoes that you're doing, truly. Brings a smile to my face.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:Well I won't pretend I know much about cancer but there are also genetic factors involved and lifestyle can also affect incidence of cancer iirc.

Let's see if I can say it simply: cancer is when the replication of cells runs out of control and the programmed cell death doesn't occur.

I'd say a big factor in the category lifestyle can be the exposure to carcinogenics, like UV-light and certain chemicals (out of the top of my head you can find them in very deep fried food and in grilled food, the blackened parts especially).

Shaelyssa wrote:
That 1 in 3 isn't about people that have cancer, but also people that know a guy that has cancer, or knows a guy that knows a guy that has cancer.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

its a DNA defect basically.

And in every mitosis there's a chance that something goes wrong. Some gene's are more prone to defect then others. certain chemicals will increase the chance of something going bad Etc...

That and there's normal DNA degradation that prevents mitosis to continue indefinitely, which makes your new cells weaker, which makes you older... which increases the chance in defects...

basically Living increases the chance of Cancer.

And better detection methods, better treatment plans are needed.

I'd say: I'd donate If I could, but that would be a blatant lie and can't be arsed to make a "I got no money" excuse.

So I'll just wish you good luck with raising as much money as possible from us lazy cynical people Very Happy

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 pm

I've given a fair amount before, if I was not a student, I'd do so again now. My mum too has just beaten lung cancer, so thumbs up to your worthy cause
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 pm

hmm my aunt died of lung cancer.. thow she was a 40 a day smoker for nerly 70 years.. i fully support and did have payment with cancer reasurche for some time
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyniath Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 pm

My grandad who was absolutely amazing died a few years ago of stomach cancer. Sadly, I never have any money in my wallet to spare :s being a jobless 17 year old does that.

I feel really bad cos my brother and I were outside while the rest of my family were at his deathbed, and me and him were fighting over some playpark swing. When we went inside the nurse said "You probably shouldn't go in there."
Lyniath
Lyniath

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sullee Swiftspeech Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Support! I'd donate if I didn't need to sponsor myself.

If there are any Dutch fella's wanting to sponsor me (I'm climbing up the Mt Ventoux three times coming Sept.) Send me a pm and I'll redirect you to a dutch site where you can read more.
Sullee Swiftspeech
Sullee Swiftspeech

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 pm

My Grandfather currently has cancer in 3 places :/ and my mum had breast cancer, so I'll donate some money to support this! Unfortunately it's not much as I'm quite skint, but I'm all up for giving to a good cause. Smile
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet
Name: Eodain Ashdown
Title: Lieutenant of the 157th Company "Wild Tempest"

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:20 am

Guys, this is why I love Defias! You are all awesome and I'm cant believe how much some of us are putting in! I was expecting the odd £1 or £2 this is just amazing!

If I wasn't so manly I'd cry. <3
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:56 am

Unfortunately I don't have a credit card either Sad
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:30 am

I'm mainly asking for a pat on the back if anything and a bit of support (I'm feeling the love) the sponsors are a bonus, don't feel bad :-)
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleil Sunstrike Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:30 pm

I added a fiver myself and depending on how I get on at Cheltenham today It could be more lol 65 big ones now. Looking good, thanks a lot guys! And thanks for the well wishes. I might start selling my in game body for donations soon. I'm sex on legs so should make a fortune!
Kaleil Sunstrike
Kaleil Sunstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next