Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Villain Stormwind deserves

+34
Sullee Swiftspeech
Zinkle Figgins
Quin
Yarnaat
Ralegh
Unknown
Lorainne/Bridlington
Ron Sexton
Hermie
Demoren
Gogol
erwtenpeller
Raelan
Axio
Krogon Devilstep
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Ledgic
Sengio Juliani
Braiden
Amaryl
Valerias
Vaell
Thelos
Drustai
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Zathoroz
Ave/Sariella
Timna
Osmand
Lavian
Lexgrad
Demurral
Rmuffn
Remai D'Waltir
38 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Villain Stormwind deserves Empty The Villain Stormwind deserves

Post by Remai D'Waltir Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Right ladies and gents.
As discussed at the last community meeting what the server is missing is a big bad guy for everyone to hate, to unite the community against, to create RP, to create immersion and story.

I think I might be able to fill this spot, but first I'd like to hear everyone's ideas, feedback and questions on my plan (Which I'll explain below.)

With Rufias, The minister of magic, a powerful mage who has nearly reached the peak of his lawful power. Such a great mind as his could easily turn bent on power, to pursue it.
This is where the evil bad guy part comes in.
Rufias would make a turn to "dark side". In various ways, political, physical and all other means all whilst keeping his cover as the minister of magic.

Politically he could ally himself with some of the darker magic users. He could bring laws into place to perhaps legalize some of the less obvious bad magic.
Physically he could launch mad attacks on the city and its people.
And anything else you can imagine the bad guy doing.

With this guilds can come to me and ask me to "Be the bad guy" for them, do events with them. I have a lot of experiences running events and playing "Dungeon master" for them. This will require some trust in me, as the bad guy would need to be quite powerful to combat an entire city (Obviously not -too- powerful). I will mention I will never aim to kill peoples characters off. So this won't be me godmoting killing people off, however I don't expect people to whisper me going "OMG U SHLD B DEAD BY NOW!" because I'd like this to be a long term thing, solving the problem of lack of bad guys. Creating RP is the key thing here, creating a new story for the server. Adding big epic battles for people to join in with, to have a common goal, to have progression.

To keep people updated on the plot in game I would create a chat channel for the community to join, letting people know when things were happening if they were a spur of the moment, I'd create forum event threads for bigger stuff, also guilds are free to use me as their bad guy so can contact me to do with anything they'd want me to do. I'd also keep a diary thread of what the evil Rufias has been upto so people can be angry IC and what not, dating it for easy reading for people keeping tabs on it.

Please do throw any ideas, questions or criticism at me.
Remai D'Waltir
Remai D'Waltir

Character sheet
Name: Remai D'Waltir
Title: Knight Champion of House Beaumont

Back to top Go down

The Villain Stormwind deserves Empty Re: The Villain Stormwind deserves

Post by Rmuffn Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Rufias wrote:Right ladies and gents.
As discussed at the last community meeting what the server is missing is a big bad guy for everyone to hate, to unite the community against, to create RP, to create immersion and story.

I think I might be able to fill this spot, but first I'd like to hear everyone's ideas, feedback and questions on my plan (Which I'll explain below.)

With Rufias, The minister of magic, a powerful mage who has nearly reached the peak of his lawful power. Such a great mind as his could easily turn bent on power, to pursue it.
This is where the evil bad guy part comes in.
Rufias would make a turn to "dark side". In various ways, political, physical and all other means all whilst keeping his cover as the minister of magic.

Politically he could ally himself with some of the darker magic users. He could bring laws into place to perhaps legalize some of the less obvious bad magic.
Physically he could launch mad attacks on the city and its people.
And anything else you can imagine the bad guy doing.

With this guilds can come to me and ask me to "Be the bad guy" for them, do events with them. I have a lot of experiences running events and playing "Dungeon master" for them. This will require some trust in me, as the bad guy would need to be quite powerful to combat an entire city (Obviously not -too- powerful). I will mention I will never aim to kill peoples characters off. So this won't be me godmoting killing people off, however I don't expect people to whisper me going "OMG U SHLD B DEAD BY NOW!" because I'd like this to be a long term thing, solving the problem of lack of bad guys. Creating RP is the key thing here, creating a new story for the server. Adding big epic battles for people to join in with, to have a common goal, to have progression.

To keep people updated on the plot in game I would create a chat channel for the community to join, letting people know when things were happening if they were a spur of the moment, I'd create forum event threads for bigger stuff, also guilds are free to use me as their bad guy so can contact me to do with anything they'd want me to do. I'd also keep a diary thread of what the evil Rufias has been upto so people can be angry IC and what not, dating it for easy reading for people keeping tabs on it.

Please do throw any ideas, questions or criticism at me.

I personally had the idea to have my own Erahn fall into the "dark side" of matters, through various events of sin. And dwell into an arathorian side of what "evil" and the "shadow" is. But focus it more around Stormwind's community, to them it would be a cultistic thing. However due to the lack of possible members, and/or people to fight or torment (that actually would care about having a Stormwind Villain) I have not persued this little dream.

But I can safely say it could be needed. The Dark Sphere and Ireth are gone, but they left a mark when they were here. It's clear Stormwind needs someone to hate or fear.
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:52 pm

"IM BATMAN."
"Hes going to be the villain Stormwind needs, but not the one Stormwind deserves, because hes the only one strong enough to do it..."

Now, as I said ingame, i approve!
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Well, i am against the idea of making some plastic villian for the good guys to pwn so /cheer Rem!

The Shroud have already turned up the badness so we will assist. Please help this and dont look for the 5 min zerg.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Dunno, I'd say let a big bad villain come on his own accord rather than kinda doing it just for the sake of it. This seems kinda forced and I can't see it lasting forever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Remai D'Waltir Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Perturbo wrote:Dunno, I'd say let a big bad villain come on his own accord rather than kinda doing it just for the sake of it. This seems kinda forced and I can't see it lasting forever.

I enjoy all RP. I've played the bad guy a few times and really enjoyed it, I didn't mean to make this sound like a chore as I don't think it will be.
Remai D'Waltir
Remai D'Waltir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:10 pm

I dunno. I don't play WoW anymore and my days as Ireth are long over but the vibe doesn't feel right when you're "forcing" a big bad into the scene from a mass OOC perspective. As in making this post saying "We need a big bad, may I nominate myself?"

Intentions of it are good and all but this is something I feel has to come naturally ingame without a big forum announcement to have it's more desired effect. Let people accept you gradually in your decline, don't call out for the forums to accept you direct on an OOC level.

Playing "big bad villain" role is far more of a fragile matter than one may think, the old Dark Sphere(early ataris/shagrath/neferi era) did it right because they worked hard at it ingame without making such approaches on forums to "please accept us as bad guys fanks".

And I won't talk about my role as Ireth, thats for those of opinion of who accepted her and who didn't.

However don't get me wrong, I wish you luck in this but just be careful how you approach it, it's one of the most fragile roles to get done right.

EDIT: Oh and Sophyra. How can I miss out Sophyra. Evil bitch deserves a nominee.

Last edited by Eira on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Eira wrote:I dunno. I don't play WoW anymore and my days as Ireth are long over but the vibe doesn't feel right when you're "forcing" a big bad into the scene from a mass OOC perspective. As in making this post saying "We need a big bad, may I nominate myself?"

Intentions of it are good and all but this is something I feel has to come naturally ingame without a big forum announcement to have it's more desired effect. Let people accept you gradually in your decline, don't call out for the forums to accept you direct on an OOC level.

Playing "big bad villain" role is far more of a fragile matter than one may think, the old Dark Sphere(early ataris/shagrath/neferi era) did it right because they worked hard at it ingame without making such approaches on forums to "please accept us as bad guys fanks".

And I won't talk about my role as Ireth, thats for those of opinion of who accepted her and who didn't.

However don't get me wrong, I wish you luck in this but just be careful how you approach it, it's one of the most fragile roles to get done right.

I accepted Ireth!...the only heretic I was sad for when death arrived. Sad that the Chapter would not get to kick her bum around some more but still!

And I agree, go for the idea but let it happen naturally and people will accept the character more and it will seem more...erm..natural..
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:45 pm

There are evil people out there. Well, "evil".

When time comes along and they feel the time is right, I reckon they'll appear.

They are just hiding from all of you's silly's magnifying glasses!
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ave/Sariella Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 am

I have Aviela, but she's only really mean towards the chapter.
Ave/Sariella
Ave/Sariella

Character sheet
Name: Analeigh Avery Blackdawn
Title: Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zathoroz Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:14 am

Btw me and a couple of m8's ingame made a small RP community, if someone really feels like a villain ish, guild should rise, we would love to take on idea's also if you wanna be a part of this community cantact me in /w on Ákala once i get on.

it might not be what your looking for, but atleast its a start that some people starts a small comminity themself, i know we also got cartel, but thats more thugs and such, i am talking about bigger prey, like stealing a shipment of ale for the blades Pub.

Its a start, no?
Zathoroz
Zathoroz

Character sheet
Name: Zathoroz
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Remai D'Waltir Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:20 am

Well I didn't want to force it onto the community. I thought posting it up and getting community backing would benefit it.

Not to worry though, I'll place my efforts elsewhere.
Remai D'Waltir
Remai D'Waltir

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:14 am

Do what you like with your character. Don't do this for the wrong reasons though.

We don't need a Stormwind Super-Villain to roleplay.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:21 am

We do need more to take risks and causing conflict.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:27 am

I think we've got quite a lot of conflict going on right now, Lex. <.<

Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:41 am

Yeah... We Flown our mission...
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 am

If this weekend taught me anything it is that smaller scale, personal villains can be a lot more meaningful than large scale ones. All I needed was to add a tinge of overzealousness and insanity to my character's already fundamental ideas, put them against something that diametrically opposed them, and bam, there were fireworks. Thelos has become somewhat of a villain to Drustai, as someone of her own people that ought to understand her and support her but for some reason has decided to do the opposite!

If we want villains for roleplay all we need are two things:

• Characters with extreme and fundamental beliefs -

• The guts to not compromise on those beliefs for the sake of being able to roleplay with a larger array of characters in a friendly manner.

I've done this second bit so many times I've lost count. While it does make sense to a certain extent for my character to do so, there's a point where things just have to explode, and you know. Bam fireworks.

Keep playing what you're playing. As long as there are others players also doing that, there will be plenty of villians to fight. Everywhere.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 am

Thelos wrote:If this weekend taught me anything it is that smaller scale, personal villains can be a lot more meaningful than large scale ones. All I needed was to add a tinge of overzealousness and insanity to my character's already fundamental ideas, put them against something that diametrically opposed them, and bam, there were fireworks. Thelos has become somewhat of a villain to Drustai, as someone of her own people that ought to understand her and support her but for some reason has decided to do the opposite!

• The guts to not compromise on those beliefs for the sake of being able to roleplay with a larger array of characters in a friendly manner.

I've done this second bit so many times I've lost count. While it does make sense to a certain extent for my character to do so, there's a point where things just have to explode, and you know. Bam fireworks.

Keep playing what you're playing. As long as there are others players also doing that, there will be plenty of villians to fight. Everywhere.

Those two points are bang on. Ireth was very demented in her sense of her beliefs that they conflicted against ones common sense of morality which just made it that much more fun to roleplay. Not the anti morality as in "Woo I kill this person, woo I kidnap this person" thats lame, psychological "evil" is where it works best in my opinion. Ask the chapter!

Aye, whatever you do don't try to compromise on those beliefs for such sakes, I found it more fulfilling and rewarding to make sure not to compromise as more often than not it did tend to bring out much rewarding Roleplay for me personally. However I guess in my situation of avoiding roleplaying with large array's of characters was made easier because I spent 70% of my time hidden in a cave while having my network do my stuff for me. <_<
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:31 am

Thelos wrote:If this weekend taught me anything it is that smaller scale, personal villains can be a lot more meaningful than large scale ones. All I needed was to add a tinge of overzealousness and insanity to my character's already fundamental ideas, put them against something that diametrically opposed them, and bam, there were fireworks. Thelos has become somewhat of a villain to Drustai, as someone of her own people that ought to understand her and support her but for some reason has decided to do the opposite!

TBH, after this weekend, I'd say Stormwind has got a 'villain'. The best part is, Drustai isn't even evil, or working against SW at all. She did a good deed, but with 'bad powers', and now she's got several guilds gunning for her. And ever since it started, things have spiraled out of control, making her look worse than she actually is. She doesn't want to kill anyone, yet her 'team' has caused a murder.

Thelos might be the villain to Dru, but Dru is now a villain to a good chunk of the Alliance, not to mention Dalaran.

And that's all through random RP.

The only problem is that I don't expect it to last longer than a couple of weeks. If that.

(and yes I can't help adding tvtropes to half my posts these days)

Last edited by Drustai on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:55 am

I understand the poitns given by Thelos, Drustai and Eira but I'm going to have to disagree. Small scale villains are great fun, don't get me wrong, I love a small conflict turning into a larger one BUT I see totally where Rufias is coming from.

We always have a Big Bad Wolf in each expansion, several even, so why not have a responsible player be one for a change? I love the idea of having a more powerful player who stirs Stormwind council meetings, causes large scale battles and campaigns etc.

It takes a lot of trust and I know some people won't like the idea of you being more powerful, but it could be a lot of fun. There are always small conflicts occuring; an overwhelming one that is always at the back of everyones minds would work wonders to create great role-play.

If this gets accepted, I am currently making an Iago / Wormtongue BElf character so it'd fit in nicely as a 'spy' of sorts, to you.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 am

I actually really like this idea.

Yes, in the past, villains evolved more 'accidentally,' but since we have these forums now I don't see anything wrong with using them to fish for interest.

I assume, with Rufias, you'd be taking some time to develop this darker side of him anyway, so it's not like you're suggesting 'BOOM, SUDDENLY, I AM THE SUPER VILLAIN. FEAR ME.'

I think it would be beneficial to guilds and individuals for there to be a known entity to contact OOCly about events, but I also think it's a good chance for Rufias to develop his character and for us all to see where it goes IC. If he becomes a good 'big bad guy,' excellent. If not, I'm sure the situation would be interesting regardless. I, for one, would welcome the roleplay surrounding this descent into the depths!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:58 am

you're inviting meta-gaming though to when you say: Imma become the new big bad villain!

so i suggest rufias that you denounce this idea and not go through with it.

while going through with it.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 am

Corruption among high standing goverment officials usually makes for good RP, opression and predudice builds conflict like nothing else. A suggestion for Rufias in particular would be to go for an arcane supremacist approach were mages are objects of investigation and research is censored if deemed dangerous. While this may be considered "the right thing to do" by many it would be so much more then just targeting fel users/shadow users/necromancers etc.

Going for dark powers is like Amaryl just said... difficult if you announce it because of metagaming.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sengio Juliani Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:15 am

I am a bureaucrat. Does it mean I am the super-villain?
Sengio Juliani
Sengio Juliani

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 am

Only if you fill out form A-33b, C-65a and G-26c to get your villain licence.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next