Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Uprising in Stormwind!

+6
Tuomas/Decurius
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Zinkle Figgins
Destiny
Velynia
10 posters

Go down

[A] Uprising in Stormwind! Empty [A] Uprising in Stormwind!

Post by Velynia Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:59 pm

The City streets of Stormwind have never been a safe place. Even less so in recent days. The Civilians are in turmoil, anarchy is widespread. Nobles are robbed on the street, Guards assaulted, both verbally and physically, and even homes and graves of the rich are defaced and desecrated. The City Watch find themselves struggling more and more each day with the rising number of crimes, and their inability to stop them. Gangs roam free in the Old Town district, robbing and raping. In the Mage District, Mages and spell-casters are frequently assaulted. In the Dwarven District, rogue Smiths forge blades for rebel bands, as dockworkers sneak food for their families and themselves.
The problem is growing, spreading, with nothing in sight to placate the raging commoners. Violence only ebbs them on, and leaving them idle will plunge the city into chaos. Soon, the problem will erupt, as fierce as a volcano, smothering Stormwind in the ash of their hatred for the Crown.

Hello! The Legion's Hand is happy to present a brand new event, thought up by Grenier. I must stress this, neither I nor anyone else had too much hand in
the planning this event - Direct credit to John Grenier.
The Stormwind Uprising Event is a large-scale event that will span many weeks, and at least one month if all goes to plan. It will consist of several 'Mini-Events', which will constitute of small bands of rioters commiting various crimes, to serve as a build-up, before, on a yet undecided day, the Civilians will unleash their fury, and the city will plunge into chaos and rioting. We will naturally, be pushed back and placated, however I do expect anarchy to rein on the streets for a good few days before the Rioters are dealt with.
This event is open to everybody, however in most cases we request you create a level one alt, find some rags for them, and set them up as a mistreated member of society. As said, there will be multiple 'Mini-Events', consisting of robbery, defacing property, assault and murder. They will either be organised by Grenier or myself. When the riots are going on, we do request you keep it to Old Town, the Harbour, and the Mage and Dwarven Districts, and out of the Trade District, due to those darn OOC'ers.

Questions:

Legion's Hand? But aren't you fellows Cultists?

Ayep. However, naturally, such anarchy would benefit us IC, due to the Crown's forces drawing their gaze back to Stormwind, to deal with the chaos, and away from us, tucked up in Redridge. And, of course, we might take out a few of our enemies during the riots!

Should we create a new character, or stick with our current ones?

If your character fits it. For example, if your main was a Death Knight focused on killing the Scourge, then aye, I'd say you should create a new Character. If your main is an average joe, then sure, feel free to stick with him/her! All classes are fine, save Death Knight which wouldn't... Make -all- too much sense. As for races, Dwarves, Humans and Worgen are best, though I suppose a Night Elf, Draenei or Gnome -could- get involved, if you had a good enough reason.

How do I contact you about this?

Either message me or Grenier in-game.

How will said 'Mini-Events' be planned?

They will be announced in this thread, so keep an eye open! We may adopt some form of weekly rota in time, however.

Who will you need IC for the 'Mini-Events'?

Predominately Peasants and Commoners, though we will of course need victims willing to be robbed and assaulted, such as Guards or Noblemen.

If you have any additional questions, please, do feel free to ask.

People in attendance:
Grenier.
Velynia.
Crojwin.
Destiny.

Last edited by Velynia on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet
Name: Velynia Du Monteforde
Title: Grand Occultist

Back to top Go down

[A] Uprising in Stormwind! Empty Re: [A] Uprising in Stormwind!

Post by Destiny Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:32 pm

This is a good initiative.. And i can help you with a victim, if you need one. Smile
Destiny
Destiny

Character sheet
Name: Destiny Blake
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Great! This weekend we'll be hosting the first 'Mini-Event'. Something small, like a mugging - I'll give you a poke in-game!
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:57 am

Nice...
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Am looking forward to this too, and I hope people will play along. I hope it's not scripted however.
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Well, we will be cutting down on OOC Planning as much as possible, but of course, for a large event such as this, it's a necessary evil.
If you mean the Mini-Events, the planning will be like this: Gather in this alley at this time. Eventually decide to go rob / assault someone, or deface some property. Carry out the crime.
Those steps can, of course, take as long as needed, and be done in any variety of ways. So, just a vague outline.

As for the -main- event, well, we do need to give that some more thought Smile It's still a good month or so away, expect late march or early april.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Ah yes I should rephrase myself. I hope it isn't scripted too much. I understand that some stuff needs to happen in a certain way of course. I'll make sure to be around
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Mhm. Also, if anyone is interested, do explicitly state in this thread, and we'll poke you in game when the Mini-Events take place!
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by John Helsythe Amaltheria Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Me in that case
John Helsythe Amaltheria
John Helsythe Amaltheria

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 pm

The first Mini-Event is this Saturday. A small mugging, maybe some violence. We're going to need a Victim - Destiny, do poke me in-game if you're free!
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:02 pm

How can you make an event that is supposedly going to effect all of Stormwind and then be strict on who can and can't be involved? Would like to know your thoughts.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Well. You don't need to sign up on this thread to get involved, however it is -much- easier for me and the other people helping to plan and organise the event.
If you mean the Race/class restrictions - They aren't exactly restrictions per se, but let's just say I would raise my eyebrow at a Draenei Deathknight partaking in these riots. I wouldn't call them strict laws, anyone is free to take part in the events, just a few suggestions from me that it would be mainly Humans.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Helmfrid wrote:How can you make an event that is supposedly going to effect all of Stormwind and then be strict on who can and can't be involved? Would like to know your thoughts.
The idea is quite simple, really. Our hope is that, in the end, everybody will get involved in the event. It's a sort of climatic escalation which should bring to the great last uprising in the end, with the whole city in chaos for at least some days. If it goes well, in the end eanybody who's in Stormwind will be involved, a way or another. The OOC organization of mini-events is needed in the beginning for the simple reason that there are no enough roleplayers who play normal people in the city, and of course for such a thing it is needed to have some.
In theory, guild-wise speaking(but even not), to wage the rebellion and help us with the plan, other renegade members of the society(like fellow cultists, worgen who see themselves disrespected, renegade members of the Ebon Shroud who don't want to negotiate with the establishment, criminals of the Cartel who see such a rebellion as a way to take profit of the chaos and so on) are welcome, and can really help. It's a rebellion, think about how and why your character would like to be involved. The more the people, the better, even from a realistic point of view.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:22 pm

The first "Mini-Event", which was a mildly violent mugging, went well! Expect a new one on the 9th, Friday, which will consist of a gang assault on two or three people. Do give me or Grenier a whisper in-game if you wish to be either one of the muggers, or two-three folks getting assaulted, though we are in greater need of the victims than the attackers!
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:09 pm

Velynia wrote:The first "Mini-Event", which was a mildly violent mugging, went well! Expect a new one on the 9th, Friday, which will consist of a gang assault on two or three people. Do give me or Grenier a whisper in-game if you wish to be either one of the muggers, or two-three folks getting assaulted, though we are in greater need of the victims than the attackers!
If you need violent muggings just talk to us in the Cartel and all, its sorta one of the things we just do!
A lot of us are also willing to create alts for events to play victims or peasants, we done that a lot in the past.
Just poke us if you want us to help out.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks! I'll definately get a hold of you lot.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Diederich Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 am

Looks great! Can't wait.
Diederich
Diederich

Character sheet
Name: Diederich Roland Northcliffe
Title: Shadow Priest

Back to top Go down

Post by Velspeth Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:53 pm

This looks very interesting Smile
Velspeth
Velspeth

Character sheet
Name: Lady Velspeth Wollerton
Title: Diplomat, Priestess Cleric, Magistrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Glad folks are taking interest in the Events, however if you or any organisation are interested in them, I'd direct you to Grenier, whom is now taking back most, if not all control over the events, due to me going to be busy IRL over the next few weeks.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:45 am

/w me in-game for any information or else, on Grenier or Tuomas(most likely, in this period).

For obvious reasons I'm gonna be on Tuomas in the evenings these days, and I'll take Grenier, and so this thing, back as soon as the 'Drustai affaire' will be over.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:21 am

This Sunday, more specifically the 25th, will be another Mini-Event. A small mugging, with the possibility of assault, followed by the defacing of the grave of a noble afterwards. We'll need some folk to act as victims, and while we've got most of our folk acting as the attackers, feel free to take part in that as well, if you want!
'Tis suggested most folk, if they are interested, make alts, due to the large risk of extreme bodily harm, and such things you most like wouldn't want for your main RP Characters!
Whisper either myself (I'll probably be on one of the three characters listed in my signature), or Tuomas, using the contact details he listed above.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:08 am

This eve's event went remarkably well, even if only three of us were in attendance.
Some screenshots:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I do believe the event went on for quite a bit after that, with a Chapterian coming to investigate (Osmand, if I recall correctly), though I was not present for that bit. Apologies for the UI being in the screenies, did not occur to me at the time.

Last edited by Velynia on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to include some additional details.)
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Velynia Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 pm

After a period of relative stagnation, we're finally getting the Project up on it's feet. Expect far more frequent Mini-Events, alongside other features. Of course, we now need folks more than ever for the Events, so I encourage people to take an interest in the Uprising, whether to help or hinder it, either way provides enjoyable Roleplay.
Velynia
Velynia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:45 am

Contact me in-game and we'll work something out.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

I seem to have missed this thread. Ahh.

Velynia wrote:In the Mage District, Mages and spell-casters are frequently assaulted.
A man once attacked a mage. He ceased to be a man. The mage was never attacked again.

Velynia wrote:When the riots are going on, we do request you keep it to Old Town, the Harbour, and the Mage and Dwarven Districts, and out of the Trade District, due to those darn OOC'ers.

Cathedral Square is permitted as part of the action?

The Disciples will respond to the action, but I'm not sure if they need to be reminded to behave as such. As for my own participation, I'm not sure if I can muster the time right now.

Best of luck with the event. A good riot in the streets.. hm.. sounds like a good time as ever.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down