Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A, possibly H!] ...And now for something completely different!

+6
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Ledgic
Raene
Velspeth
Nifty
Eodain
10 posters

Go down

[A, possibly H!] ...And now for something completely different! Empty [A, possibly H!] ...And now for something completely different!

Post by Eodain Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Hello DB, Eodain here!

Well, this is more of a gauging of interest topic, but I digress! I've had this idea in my head recently that I feel sounds like it has the potential to be a small, fun event heavily inspired by P&P RPG's, and perhaps something different than normal! I've no idea if this has ever been attempted before, but I'll continue anyway:

What it would involve is 4 other people, who can play whoever they want (provided they are alliance, if this gets any sort of interest from the Horde I have a horde character I can use too) though they won't actually be RP'ing their regular characters. Instead, they create a new character for the purpose of an interactive story!

Interactive Story? What do you mean by that?
Toss four people together, who might have never roleplayed together before, and give them the beginning of a tale! For example, the four players may compromise of the following:
A Human Paladin named Grayden
A Human Rogue named Eodain
A Night Elven Druid named Cyndryn
A Dwarven Warrior named Thrarin

Then they would be given the beginning of a plotline, which explains why they are all together, what the goal is and then it would be up to them to decide what to do from there - Though I of course will be watching whilst stealthed and out of the way on my own rogue, and guiding the story as a DM would in D&D, though ultimately it will be up to the participants to help the story progress! I will just ensure they stay on the right(-ish Wink) track!

The Paladin Grayden had been having some very strange dreams as of late. He had been dreaming of a tome of great power hidden away in a far-off desert, though he was unsure of the location. Next to the tome was a peculiar-looking woman, dressed in garb that looked like it had been plucked from the nearby trees. Every night for the past month had he dreamt of this tome, though he was unsure why. On the final night, when he awoke, he had been left a mysterious note on the end table next to him. "Grayden. I am aware of your dreams, and can provide the answers you seek. Meet me at the docks as the bell tolls nine hours past noon tonight. Should you decide to come, bring your weapons and harden your heart. We may not return to Stormwind."

Grayden scratched his head and left the note on the table, and went outside to continue practicing with his greathammer. At about noon, his friend Thrarin the Dwarf had arrived to spar with him, as usual. They had served together for many years, and Thrarin had taught Grayden all he knew about wielding hammers with great proficiency. Grayden seemed distracted, though. "Why are ye so distracted, lad?" Thrarin asked, and Grayden shrugged. "I've been having these weird dreams--"
"Nut goin' on about those dreams -again- are ye lad?" Thrarin said with a laugh. He secretly thought these dreams were ridiculous.
"But this time a note was at my bedside." Grayden replied, and Thrarin raised his brow. It was not often he raised his brow, and it was a rare sight even to his friend.
"A note? Let me see it, lad!" The Dwarf said after a moment, furrowing his brow once more. The two went inside and Thrarin snatched the note up and read it closely. "Soounds suspicious t'me, lad. I'm gonna go wit' ye. And if it's true whut she says, I bet there's a lot o' treasure, eh?" He said with a creeping grin as he finished his sentence. If there's one thing the Dwarf loved more than fighting, it was treasure. And lots of it.

As they turned to leave, a hooded figure was stood in the corridor, his arms folded. "I hope you don't intend to go without me." Eodain said, with a smirk. Grayden smiled at his friends' words. Eodain and Grayden had been friends since childhood, though what Eodain lacked in pure brawn he made up for in other 'skills' and intellect. "How did you get here? Oh, never mind..." Grayden asked with a sigh afterwards. "I suppose you heard everything me and Thrarin were talking about."
"I did. I'm coming." The Rogue said, grinning.
"Even though it might be dangerous... We might not even return?" Grayden asked also looking at Thrarin, quietly hoping that he would not have to risk his friends.
"Ye've got me hammer and shield, lad." The Dwarf replied, and Eodain nodded in return. "And -someone- needs to make sure your quest isn't stopped by something as simple as a locked door." He added. Grayden smiled. "Well... I'd rather not have anyone else by my side." He said as they all left for the harbour...

This is just an example opening, of course, but the RP would open up at near the docks where the trio meet Cyndryn, the Night Elven druid who left the note, and their course of action is plotted from there! I'd also utilise my role as Storyteller to give Cyndryn any relevant information that she has for the party before joining. (The Tome is in likely in Southern Kalimdor, as that is where there are deserts, etc.)

So... We won't be using our own characters? Do I have to roll a new one?
Nope. Well, you can, but it won't have any bearing on the Server lore or your characters' "normal" development. Nothing in these roleplays will have any impact on server lore or other existing characters, and nor will they be bound by it. They are simply there to have fun! Though, that being said, I won't interrupt any events, or burst into massive RP hubs - Then it'd get confusing, I'd wager. These roleplays will be 'non-canon'. You are welcome, however, to re-use a character in another yarn should I ever make another and it's relevant!

And no, you don't need to roll a new character! Not at all!

Where abouts will we be Roleplaying?
This will be field RP, mainly, to the scale of an epic quest!
Or perhaps it may be involved in a town which isn't so-much used, for a less-epic scale. It really does depend!

Sounds awfully linear.
Well, yes and no. It -is- linear in the sense that there is a definite goal at the end, and if the party are going too off-track I'll be there to gently nudge them back on, but ultimately how they solve the challenges ahead is up to them, and I'll modify the storyline depending on how they act and react to differing situations!

And what is your role in this?
I will be in the shadows, narrating and acting as a Dungeon Master of sorts. I will also Roleplay NPC's and other characters (Non-static helpers, villains etc. if they are human!) However, if I've need of another character, or a villain who I cannot put on one of my many hats for, I'll ask a willing friend to lend a hand.

Speaking of roles, what about rolls? Will there be rolling?
Yes, an element of chance always makes things a little more... interesting. Wink Though I won't use stats, I'll just make up the rolls as we go along.

Why Alliance-exclusive for now?
I intend to tell the first one, should there be enough interest, whilst stealthed and out-of-sight on my rogue, who is a Human - which means that, alas, Horde cannot see my emotes. However, I do have a Troll Warrior whom I can use for Horde-side versions, though I'd rather he not get in the way!

What level would I have to be? How about classes? Could I use a paladin and make him a warrior in the RP instead? How about Race?
There is no level requirement, I'll try and keep the zones that the party are situated in relevant to character levels. And as to the second question, by all means! Just please don't try and pass off a mage as a paladin. With regards to race, I would rather you RP the race your in-game avatar will be, however, I will also allow High Elves (Instead of Humans,) or other races with physically resemble that of the race that you are in-game without it being over-the-top. (No half elven-bobcat-dragon-demons!)

How about gear? Party composition?
Lower-level gear is practically a must, since I'd rather not trivialise mobs too much! I'd also rather have it in a format of one tank-ish type person, two 'pure' DPS and one person who is capable of healing. They may embark into a dungeon! Hence the four-player format, it means I can enter with them. In particular the less linear dungeons like Blackrock Depths, Zul'Farrak etc.

What addons would be used?
I'm thinking that TRP2 is the only 'must' addon as it allows me to make emotes which are pure text without "Eodain" at the front, and also allows me to roleplay NPC's.

How would people be selected? Would this be one sitting or multiple events?
The first one would be first-come, first-served, and would likely be multiple events, but don't worry! I'm flexible, and I'd rather people's -actual IC- commitments come first. There may be one a week, or it might be more, it depends on the availability of participants! I'd rather nobody be left out. Hopefully, though, this means you may RP with people who you do not normally RP with!

Can the party fail?
Yes, if they really do muck it up! No worries, though, I'll allow them to try again.

So anyway! That should be all, if there are any more questions, post them here... otherwise, any takers? ^^

Last edited by Cyndryn/Eodain on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet
Name: Eodain Ashdown
Title: Lieutenant of the 157th Company "Wild Tempest"

Back to top Go down

[A, possibly H!] ...And now for something completely different! Empty Re: [A, possibly H!] ...And now for something completely different!

Post by Nifty Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 pm

This sounds awesome, I've got a human rogue ready for RP that I have yet to use which I'd gladly join the party with,
or RP an "NPC" or similar in case there's many wanting to join!
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A, possibly H!] ...And now for something completely different! Empty Re: [A, possibly H!] ...And now for something completely different!

Post by Velspeth Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Another brilliant idea!
Velspeth
Velspeth

Character sheet
Name: Lady Velspeth Wollerton
Title: Diplomat, Priestess Cleric, Magistrate

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:59 am

Thanks for the nice responses! You can certainly join a party, Nifty Smile That means we'll only need three more people, and then we just need available dates and times then we can get this show on the road! I'm thinking I'll just use a modified version of the example above, but just refit it to suit the specifications of whomever else signs up!
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raene Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 pm

How about a Draenic Mage?

Very Happy
Raene
Raene

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:22 pm

I could fit a Draenic Mage in! Very Happy
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Don't think I really have the time of late, but I wanted to swing by and say I think this is an awesome idea. Hope it goes well, and that I get some free time to join in next time!
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:54 pm

I love this sort of roleplay. I've done it countless times with pen and paper and a few in WoW so I applaud you for this initiative. Are you still looking for participants in the form of characters or NPC's/Villians?
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Of course! Any takers for NPC's/Players are welcome, what's your preference?
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:15 pm

If you ever need a villain or a farmer or something I'm game if I have time Razz
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Aldric Essalus Helmfrid Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Anything really Eodain. Whatever is free or needed I'll probably take.
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Aldric Essalus Helmfrid

Character sheet
Name: Aldric Essalus Helmfrid
Title: Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Well there are still a couple of character slots free, you're free to take one of those! I'll make a recruitment thread soon and see who signs up! Thanks all for the interest so far!
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evesia Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Great idea. Unfortunately I have too much on atm, ingame and out though I would love to participate in the future if you carry on!

Well done and do keep us updated on how the party are progressing!
Evesia
Evesia

Character sheet
Name: Evesia Moonflame
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:50 am

I just need the one more person now and then an epic quest of epicness can begin! I'll send out calendar invites to everyone involved to get an idea of times people are free. Smile
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Right, going to send out some calendar invites to gauge ideas of when people are free to begin this! I also still have one slot free so if anyone is still interested they can poke me in this thread! To all those who have expressed an interest in participating, I'd really love it if you posted the in-game name of the character whom you're going to use in this thread so I can send an invite to the right person!

If anyone is still interested in participating or being an "NPC" sometime then they can also post here. Smile
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ralegh Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Interested in participating but possibly just as a NPC or so since i might be to busy to go full in on the project, looks cool though.
Ralegh
Ralegh

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Righto, sent out some calendar invites! I'll make a thread when this begins charting how it's going, what's happened and such!
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Right, just going to re-gauge interest again! Can people who expressed interest still do this/are you still interested? And perhaps anyone who didn't have time before may have some now? Smile Let me know!

Very Happy
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aluvielle Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:18 am

Count me in on this. Sounds good.
Aluvielle
Aluvielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodain Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Excellent stuff Smile I just need a confirmation from people (Or another signup doesn't hurt!) and then I can get this show on ze road!
Eodain
Eodain

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm still very much interested in this, but sadly I dont have enough time at the moment. Sad

I'm most likely able to participate once or twice as a plot character/Npc
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down