Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Character - Interview with Commander Barean Blackthorn

+3
Jeanpierre
Maelmoor
Melnerag
7 posters

Go down

The Character - Interview with Commander Barean Blackthorn Empty The Character - Interview with Commander Barean Blackthorn

Post by Melnerag Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 am

Commander Barean Blackthorn
The Character - Interview with Commander Barean Blackthorn Barean10

Sophyra: You are Barean Blackthorn, commander of the Lordaeron Alliance as it is now called. What was the reason for the change of name?

Barean: It is a complicated matter. The Crimson Flame yet exists within the Lordaeron Alliance, a formal change of name and purpose to show our allegiance to the Alliance.

How did other factions of the Alliance react to that change of name?

They left us be which was enough for me.

Was the change your initiative?

I had pondered on it for a while and eventually decided upon it with my knights.

Is it only the name that changed, or did you also change the way your order functions and what it stands for?

Much changed. You would have to be part of the order to know that however. Strict discipline guided by faith to the Light. I had long tolerated mercenaries and other unreliable soldiers. They had to be removed if we are to remain pure in the eyes of all. And they were known to betray us for a small fee, something they paid for with their lives.

Is the way others see your order important to you personally?

Barely but when it comes to such understandings that we fight fellow followers of the Light things must change.

You have fought soldiers of Stormwind, even the DIsciples of Light. How do you feel about that?

They left me no other choice.

Can you tell me your side of the story of what has happened between your order and theirs?

A Death Knight order we exterminated after they followed us to the north had long sought fights with us in the city, the guards believed their words over ours and we suffered for it. Their tactic didn’t work when there were no guards around to aid them, coupled with some dwarven allies we dispatched them once and for all. In the Plaguelands of course.

Speaking of the plaguelands. Argent Crusade and the Brotherhood of the Light claim that Crusader-strongholds have fallen to the plague and been cleansed by their forces. Is that true?

We left the Crusade after Havenshire, what strongholds remain have been slaughtered by the Argent Crusade, something I consider treason with the Scourge remaining in this world.

So, you do not believe that the strongholds have fallen to Undeath as the Argents claim?

I have never met an honest Argent in my life. Traitors and undead sympathizers are all they are.

What other lies do you believe the Argents have been telling?

I believe them utterly ignorant towards the true undead threat.

Despite the fact that they have spearheaded the final charge against the Lich King and conquered the Frozen Throne for the Light?

A victory they would not have made without the assistance of the Alliance.

Were the forces of the Scarlet Crusade present during the storm of Icecrown?

No we were in the Lordaeron region fighting for our kingdom.

How do you feel about not being present when the traitor-prince fell? It must have been every Crusader's dream - to stand atop the Frozen Throne and drive their sword through Lich King's dark heart.

Aiding Sylvanas's pawns in fighting the Scourge? We do not make the same mistake twice. We know the fate of those that aid the so-called "Forsaken".

Can you tell me more? History of Lordaeron after the fall is clouded at best. I and many readers know nothing of it.

You've not heard of Grand Marshal Garithos?

I've heard of a man called Garithos who has united Lordaeron survivors. But his end is shrouded in controversy. He died reclaiming Lordaeron City, did he not?

Betrayed by the undead...

Wasn't he fighting -against- the undead?

I've met no survivor after he left to take city alongside a renegade group of undead.

Early Forsaken, you think?

They remain in the city, do they not? It must be so.

It rather does add up the way you tell it. So, you see Sylvanas as a greater threat than Arthas?
I believe all undead are the same and to spare but one you change nothing.

So, when you decided to stay and fight in Lordaeron - you have done so because you believed that -all- undead must be fought?

That is so if the Argent Crusade cannot, we shall.

If the Crusade had stayed in Lordaeron to fight the Forsaken, then you would have traveled north to combat the Lich King?

Then I would be first to stab the banner of the Light through Sylvanas’ heart.

So, you see her as a greater enemy than the Lich King?

As I said before I believe all undead the same, if the Crusade did not ally themselves with them I would fight alongside the Crusade until the end.

What are your views on races of the Horde, commander? Would you accept an orc clan that splits away from the Horde and desires to fight the Forsaken?

I'd respect their attempt but I will avenge the lives claimed by the orcs should they cross paths with me. Not that the beasts are capable of seeing true threats.

If you were appointed the Grand Marshal of the alliance, what would your top priorities be? Would you do anything differently from the current command?

I would devote all efforts to reclaiming Lordaeron, withdrawing troops out of Kalimdor to guard the borders.

Do you think the Night Elves and the Draenei can hold the horde off on their own?

They have not lent aid in Lordaeron, I see no reason to assist them.

So, you do not see them as valuable and trusted members of the Alliance?

I trust nothing but the Light and the blood of humanity is best spent on its own lands.

Would you not feel any obligation to other races as a Grand Marshal of the Alliance?

If the threat was truly vital perhaps.

When you reclaim Lordaeron, who should take the throne in your eyes?

None, I've lost my faith in royalty and nobility long ago. The priesthood should inherit Lordaeron as only the Light can truly guide the Kingdom.

Do you think the Argent Crusade will cede the lands it freed to this new theocracy?

No I'd sooner die then let them take those lands but I do admit I consider the undead a greater threat.

Will you entrust Lordaeron to the Church of the Holy Light, or an entirely new religious order?

I would entrust Lordaeron to the crusaders that freed it, the Light's chosen for no other will succeed.

So, you do not believe the Church is up for the job?

I believe the church belongs in Stormwind.

Will the new Lordaeron be part of the Grand Alliance, or pursue an independent path?

I would join the Alliance indeed. I would not be sitting here in Stormwind otherwise.

Will you consider the Argent Crusade an usurper if they do not give up the lands they currently hold in the North?

I would indeed.

Would you go to war against them?

Perhaps but I do not expect them to outlast the undead. They will be betrayed I am certain of it.

Now some more personal questions, if you do not mind. How did you become a commander?

I outlasted the rest simply put.

Were you a member of the Crusade when it was led by the Ashbringer?

I was not no, I never witnessed the Ashbringer's prowess in person.

Do you think the rumors about the Crusade are true? Killing innocents suspected of sympathy or being plagued?

I have no doubt some innocents may have fallen but if you had witnessed the plague you would understand us to take extreme caution.

Why do you think many factions of the Alliance came to be hostile towards the Scarlet Crusade?

The foolishness of the Argent Dawn's lies.

Do you blame the Argent Dawn for deaths of all the Crusaders who fell at the hands of the Alliance?

I do indeed anyone who would fight the Scarlet Crusade whilst undead remained, I would consider insane.

In hindsight, do you think leaders of the Crusade could have prevented that from happening?

I do not question my leaders but yes things could have gone better regarding diplomacy. But the reasons were made obvious when we heard of Abbendis fielding undead against the Scourge in Northrend.

Do you feel that she has betrayed the values of the Crusade?

I consider her a heretic to the Light itself.

You are paladins, some say you are the legacy of the Silver Hand. Do you feel any affinity with uther the Lightbringer?

Uther meant the best for all, when he banished Tirion he ensured we would not follow him on his Argent Crusade.

How do you feel about Uther sparing the Orcs after the second war?

Unjust but it was the way of the Light.

Would you have done the same in his place?

I pray I will not have to make such a decision. But if I must, I would ensure humanity's existance and end the orc threat once and for all. I may damn myself in the process but it would

You have said that sparing the orcs was the way of the Light. Does that mean you would go against the Light by killing them?

It would 've been for a good cause. A minor sacrifice for the greater good, m'lady.

If you can make such a sacrifice for the greater good, why are others not justified to summon demons or raise undead for the Greater Good?

It would be as foolish as to side with the undead, It would mean becoming the Argent Dawn.

So, sometimes going against Light's way is justified, and sometimes it is not?

That is true, one must always consider the consequences.

What moral code do you use to judge that? Since you imply that there exists a set of morals above the Light.

It consists of weighing the sins with justice.

Can you give me an example of how it works?

Sacrificing all of Lordaeron's crusaders to reclaim it would be an example of the sins outweighing the justice.

When would justice outweigh the sins?

When it means we fail in the process.

OOC: Trying a somewhat different lay-out, using forum-text instead of fancy pictures.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

The Character - Interview with Commander Barean Blackthorn Empty Re: The Character - Interview with Commander Barean Blackthorn

Post by Maelmoor Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:57 am

Very nice interview with good questions and answers!
Maelmoor
Maelmoor

Back to top Go down

The Character - Interview with Commander Barean Blackthorn Empty Re: The Character - Interview with Commander Barean Blackthorn

Post by Jeanpierre Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:17 am

I think it was lovely. I did get the impression I missed 2 arguments in the whole list... But perhaps I don't know Barean well enough. I noted them here in blue:

Exaythe wrote:
So, you see her as a greater enemy than the Lich King?

As I said before I believe all undead the same, if the Crusade did not ally themselves with them I would fight alongside the Crusade until the end.
The greatest threat of these Forsaken comes from within, with orders tolerating and trusting these Forsaken as allies in battle. If they are a greater threat, it is because the Alliance exposes its back to them.

Do you think the rumors about the Crusade are true? Killing innocents suspected of sympathy or being plagued?

I have no doubt some innocents may have fallen but if you had witnessed the plague you would understand us to take extreme caution.
Every time people focus a few people that have fallen victim of the war. Why is it that so few rumors speak of the countless lives our bold actions saved? Who started these rumours, if not the Argent, and what does that say of the credence of these rumors?

Would these be fitting the character as well?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:20 am

*Applaud* Well-done, Jeanpierre! And, you got it. I have deliberately decided to make things as implicit as possible in all my interviews. At least it would fit Sophyra's character to create something that allows others to read between the lines.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:57 am

he he still the same man that i first met when i was part of that dk guild in question
the flame crushing my old guild must have been when I became inactive on my dk.. persuing the crimson was such fun, thow I felt they didnt realy give my poor dk a choice.. it was eather she died or they did.. she didnt want to die again!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:37 pm

"The foolishness of the Argent Dawn's lies." haha, I lol'd

I don't understand how such an "important" character for the Scarlets as Blackthorn is supposed to be, didn't hear and admit the treason from within his own order suffered. His answers when asked about the Argents... seem of a blind man. *shrug*
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 pm

(wonders if sophyra has used a gnome "phone tapping" device)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Sophyra should one day do an interview with Eloresh. *rubs hands together evily*
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Eodan Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:08 pm

That... was awesome. Moar inteviews pl0x!
Eodan
Eodan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:12 pm

Exaythe wrote:Sophyra should one day do an interview with Eloresh. *rubs hands together evily*

You promised me that long ago, still waiting dear Wink
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Funnily enough I started writing a short story earlier... Interview with a Death Knight (And yes, totally ripping off Anne Rice!)
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:01 pm

The longer we wait, Eloresh - the more material I build up. The more I build up, the harder it gets for you! *cackle*
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down