Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I've not been around lately...

+7
Dorik Thunderbelly
Ataris
Sanari
Kil'drakor
Nayan
Zhakiri
Jakins
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So I've not been around lately... Empty So I've not been around lately...

Post by Jakins Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:21 pm

I don't know if anybody has noticed any but I really haven't been around much, even in-game. I've not quit, that's for sure but college has been consuming my soul! Artwork taking over my life! It's getting to the point of overflowing and whenever I log in, why does it feel like I really shouldn't be on it?

I hate that feeling, the feeling of "I should really do college work" over gaming on WoW. Why does that feeling have to arrive? Why can't WoW take up less of your free time without making you feel like a complete loner in-game because nobody's around to RP or talk. WoW is so evil to me with the way it makes me feel so lazy and practically begging me to get off and do college work...why does it want me to do it??

Bah, thought I'd get around to saying that but really, why does the feeling of logging into WoW just make you wonder how many hours you have in the day to play? After that wonder, you feel saddened by the way the weekend flies by because of the game. I do enjoy WoW but that feeling of wasting time is just...awful.

...I'm not alone with this, am I?
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

So I've not been around lately... Empty Re: So I've not been around lately...

Post by Zhakiri Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:24 pm

I sometimes get the feeling that,

A, I really can't be arsed and log off. or...
B, I really shouldn't be on this and log off...

Doesn't really affect me though, either I just do the work I need to do and go back on, or a I wait until I'm actually bothered about going on. :3
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:24 pm

When I got that feeling, I stopped logging in and watched movies instead, or did some cleaning around, did some reading. When I stopped feeling that way when logging, well, it was gone again ^^ Do what you find fun in. It's not the game, it goes with every occupation. Sometimes you feel that way about college, sometimes about going out, sometimes about sports, anything you occupy yourself with. I know I have. Smile
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Everyone's wasting time, believe it or not.

Some eat cheese.
Some sleep.
Some watch TV.
I troll the forums (Out of WoWZ right now).
Some play WoW.
Some plant trees on their backyard.
Some go to the pubs and get drunk.

I can go on forever, but the point is, wasting time isn't such a bad thing nor is it a big deal.

And 70-90% of everything people study in college is a whole load of b*lls*it anyway so I personally consider it a waste of time aswell. Cool

"The way you look at it..." (c)

Last edited by Marrenus on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Both A and B in your answers affect me and really, I feel like I'm beginning to waste a lot of time with both doing pointless running/standing around in-game, waiting for something to happen or trying to find something to do.

Aye Nayan, I try to find the fun within but lately it's been so monotonic in the game, especially whenever I come on nobody is doing anything and all there is to do is level or run around crazy. I've tried watching cartoons (because I'm TOLD to for college! Hahah) and films but lately I've just ran out of stuff to watch or do, especially when I already do all my chores before going onto the computer.

Now I'm stuck, feeling like I'm wasting time or doing the same thing over again, just like I'm doing with my college work.

You know what's worse? The game gives me inspiration for drawing for fun a lot but...I seem to have a bad case of artist's block when it comes to fun drawings.

Marrenus; I'd like to state that it's an art college I'm in so I'm not learning anything but rather, I'm doing/creating for my college work.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Maybe it´s your consciousness speaking. Who knows.

That said, I too find it very hard to log in. This has two reasons related to the game. First, I feel like I have lost the will to acquire better gear. This eliminates the reward system WoW uses, and due to that I find it rather dull to log in. Second, other people move on later in the expansion, because naturally they want to experience the new content. This however has a side-effect, which is more noticable for the Horde I think for lacking a hub, that there doesn´t seem to be anything going on other than PvE and PvP.

Last edited by Gnash on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Don't you mean my sub-conscious? Because I'm pretty much aware right now of what I'm saying.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Then I don't get the issue here...

You're complaining about not being able to be distracted by WoW when you have to do something for your studies?

IT'S A BLESSING, NOT A CURSE!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:37 pm

I admit, I find it increasingly tedious when there is nothing to do and I am simply standing around talking to people...That's usually when I go do something else. ;3
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Jakins wrote:Don't you mean my sub-conscious? Because I'm pretty much aware right now of what I'm saying.

Denial :-P

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Well, honestly...I really don't need to be doodling on work I've already done and perfected only to make it look stranger than I could possibly imagine it to (which has happened quite a lot).

The real meaning to this is I HAVE to find something to distract me like WoW otherwise I'm just going to go mad or run out of inspiration fairly quickly, like my fun has already died out. Art students need games like WoW to keep the will to live but how can I achieve that if WoW seems to unappealing for the stupidest of reasons?

Ahh I wish people would talk more of Horde side but really...it's either sex they talk about or they don't talk at all.

Or is that just the channels I hang around in that do that >_>"
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:41 pm

If you want to see real waste of time, go to someone's work, where he's done with his work at 11am but he has to stay and stare at walls till 15.00 to get off work because "he has to".

Artist's block? Draw stuff you normally wouldn't. Draw paranoid things. Draw sexual things. Draw funny things. I don't know. Don't think at all what you will draw, just grab the pencil, let the lines flow and pick up when it starts reminding you of something.

As for the game being monotonic and nobody is doing anything, that's not entirely true. I am very sure it feels that way (or sometimes it feels that everyone is busy already), but you don't really poke to do things, admit it or not Razz Try asking in channels, if anyone wants to do an instance. And if noone does, that's okay too, try later. Go join /lfg and kill some time. Some times you get a nice group. Take a walk down the Drag. Sometimes you find RP. Kill some time there too. Nothing? Go farm ore/herbs/something. Kill some more time. Then ask again if someone is up for something. Still no? That's fine. Talk a bit with people. Discuss something or just smalltalk. Then ask if that someone is up for something? No? That's fine. Ask in the channel again. Log an alt. Goof around in the channel. Raise a proffession. Get a silly achievement. Do some dailies. Ask again. Queue again. Talk again. Plenty of things you can do. If you don't find fun, browse the web, find a comic to read. Find a series to watch. Youtube has some uploaded ones, even. I can give you a link for a streaming site for movies, if you'd like. I'm quite sure you haven't watched every movie out there, so you'll find something. If it's a bad movie, well boohoo, happens, move along.

As a wise saying has it "you don't win when you don't fall down. we all fall down. all. the difference between winners and losers is that winners know how to get back on their feet after falling down". Can be adjusted a bit to "you don't win when you don't get wasted time. we all get it. the difference is that some of us know it doesn't really matter, and move on".
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 pm

I think this goes here, somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Just your channels.

*shifty eyes*

I don't know...Farm Heroics or something...
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:43 pm

Jakins wrote:
The real meaning to this is I HAVE to find something to distract me like WoW otherwise I'm just going to go mad or run out of inspiration fairly quickly, like my fun has already died out. Art students need games like WoW to keep the will to live but how can I achieve that if WoW seems to unappealing for the stupidest of reasons?

Sounds like you need an intervention! You could do something about it, isnt it? I suppose its not that hard to set up your own events to get people to roleplay with. It may require you to alter Jakins loner-status a bit, but that´s a price you need to be willing to pay. Regarding spontaneous role-play, well, that might be a bit harder to achieve.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Jakins isn't much of a loner, honestly; I thought you knew that >.>" He's always around someone or something, as long as he can talk to/irritate it.

Farming Heroics isn't really for me, especially when I raid for 4 hours 4 days of the week (which in itself is boring).

As far as your ideas go, Nayan, I do them but then I find myself almost falling asleep at the sheer movement needed to get from A to B.

I'm beginning to wonder whether it's my interaction levels in-game that need to go up, just noticed I seem to do more when there's someone I know there doing stuff with me or talking.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Well, ´not easily approachable´ is a term more eloquently put.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanari Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Since mid-Feb I've been powerlevelling non stop.

It's slowing down down but it was pretty much 1-2 levels a day from 45 to now 72. I don't even want to know how many hours I've wasted levelling so far. >_>

When I hit 80 I'll be free. \o/
Sanari
Sanari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Jakins wrote:just noticed I seem to do more when there's someone I know there doing stuff with me or talking.
Bingo Wink
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 pm

No.

When you hit 80 - GEAR GRINDING HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanari Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Marrenus wrote:

No.

When you hit 80 - GEAR GRINDING HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

;_; I know.

I definitely can't keep playing for as long as I currently am, though.
Sanari
Sanari

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I know Nayan, but the problem being is people are keeping to themselves quite personally or just not wanting to talk at all.

Makes me sad panda-Jakins.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ataris Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Back when we raided and stuff, we always said "RL>WoW". Of course, we also had another saying.

"Sleep is for the weak" Very Happy

That's how I get around, and really, focus on what's important to you. Think about it carefully though.
Ataris
Ataris

Character sheet
Name: Ataris the Soulblighter
Title: Darkmaster of the Dark Sphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Sanari wrote:When I hit 80 I'll be free. \o/
Stop posting offtopic! This is not the Funny Jokes thread!

...you didn't mean that seriously, did you? XDDDD

And Kiddo, I'd say it's the other way around. You keep to yourself more Smile Open up, lighten up! ^^
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:11 pm

I'm trying but it's hard when you're feeling tired and fed-up all the time D:

Honestly, I got fed-up of everyone keeping to themselves which seems to had passed on to me...bah. Everyone I used to talk to and have fun with has left the game or just aren't around anymore.

Sad thing is in my raiding guild, WoW > RL and if you're off you get scorned either in rank or in questions as to why you aren't there.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum