Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witches - Free for the taking

+23
Kittrina
Lavian
Jehorius
Lephia
Jemerick
Gesh
bloop
Lexgrad
Braiden
Xen-tau
Melnerag
Magaskawee/Anaei
Krogon Devilstep
Cathee Norris
corleth
Valerias
Aadaria-Ioanna
Nayan
Shaelyssa
Morinth
Rmuffn
Timna
Aleric
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Witches - Free for the taking Empty Witches - Free for the taking

Post by Aleric Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 pm

I would like to see a coven of witches. We need more evil, manipulative and sexy witches for that atmosphere of irresistible wickedness that makes men do things against their better judgement. Women sure in their power and the superiority of their gender. Devoted to darkness, wickedness and their own desires but bound together with bonds of sisterhood. The kind of gathering that make people whisper rumours of them with fear and suppressed lust and curiosity.

There is a richness and, what I feel, ignored potential in the witch concept. Dark magic users, serving dark powers and the amoral side of Nature.

I do not have time myself to organise this or participate in it but I am throwing the idea out there in hope that someone will get enthusiastic about it and seize it.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Witches - Free for the taking Empty Re: Witches - Free for the taking

Post by Timna Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:30 pm

*Looks around smugly and runs off*
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmuffn Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Sophyra?
Rmuffn
Rmuffn

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:41 pm

... I likey. :O I've only ever RP'd my pyromaniac mage as a caster though, so I'm like... A bit scared I'll do something stupid if I try a lock or something. XD
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Sophyra and Aisling already fit the bill, yes.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:27 pm

I'd be interested in something like this on my dwarf! Smile
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:11 pm

"Witches - free for the taking"? Intended to make it dubious-sounding? xD
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:10 pm

You understand me, Nayan. <3
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aadaria-Ioanna Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Sophyra! Time for that guild idea.. Count me in!
Aadaria-Ioanna
Aadaria-Ioanna

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

http://shadesofreflection.forumocean.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:27 pm

I've been noticing for some time the lack of evil RP - by which I don't necessarily mean 'ROAR DESTROY THE WORLD,' but characters / groups of a dark nature with agendas that would clash with the 'establishment.' (In that vein I'm happy to see Vanguard of Duskwood back!)

As such I am in full support of this idea. Though unfortunately I don't really have time for a new project either, if someone intends to create a witchy group, I'd be interested in being a part of it.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by corleth Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:38 pm

I wholeheartedly support any witch-coven, as someone who plays a witch (or aspiring witch; though she is bound to the Vanguard of Duskwood she could still be part of a coven, in my opinion) and someone who actively hunts them.
corleth
corleth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:03 pm

You know where to and how to find Caliara (Wanja) I love you

Edit: Yes please, do want. I need to do some evilness on her again!
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 pm

the Wraith lord dissaproves of a coven of shapely dark magic wielding females hogging his evil lime light with their low cut dressess and talk of "gobbling you all up"!

I kid, would be cool to see this both sides of the faction coin even.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:02 am

My dwarf is a warlock but calls herself a Witch.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:38 am

As tempting as this is (in more way than one *wink*), I am afraid I will have to pass.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen-tau Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:01 am

-deleted for having nothing to add-
Xen-tau
Xen-tau

Character sheet
Name: Aishling Silversun/Dawncaller
Title: Magistrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:32 am

I'm actually a bit interested, I may be sending out letters IC eventually to characters that would be interested in this (or be interesting to a witch that wants to gather a coven or "sisterhood"). Alliance side that is, would be more of an occasional or regular gatherings instead of constant RP tough.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Traditions From Gilneas - A resource and a hook

The past and present of Gilneas is a dark one. The isolation from the rest of Alliance, the curse of the worgen and the invasion of the Forsaken, not to mention the Cataclysm itself. All have left deep scars on the land and the populace. Scattered around Azeroth, both worgen and human, they desperately cling to their society, to preserve their culture and ways in the rapidly changing world. Some speak of embracing change and look to the future but tradition is deep rooted in the minds of the Gilneans.

One such tradition is the Sisterhood of Magan. Their ways were those of dark magic, worship of primal forces and acceptance of both the light and dark within the soul of humanity. They believe that hiding from truth, no matter its ugliness, is weakness. Fear is a natural part of being human but it is there to be mastered and used, not be ruled by. They embrace all that is part of being human; lust, violence, creation and more. Blood is the strongest bond there is, as evident by the sheer potency of blood magic. Therefore family and lineage is of great value to them and it is the role of the women to carry that legacy on, from mother to daughter, the purest and strongest form of bond. Ancient stories tell that before Magan, the witch that the Sisterhood has its name from, both men and women practiced their craft together. It was still a matriarchal rule but men and women worked side by side in their practice and worship. Somewhere around the time of Magan men were gradually excluded from their circle. A belief of the female gender’s superiority became prevalent and the Sisterhood came to look down upon men as weak and inferior. They were viewed as tools and breeding animals.

Having existed for three hundred years, the Sisterhood used to have covens spread all over the northern kingdoms. Before the coming of the Third War, the leader of the grand coven in Gilneas foresaw a great danger would come to the north and most of the covens withdrew back to their land of origin. The few that remained eventually died out, fell to the dark powers of the Burning Legions or joined with the Cult of the Damned. It is rumoured that an entire coven joined the necromancers and sorcerers at the Scholomance.

The years following the Third War they remained in hiding, nurturing their strength and knowledge, keeping the traditions alive. A love-hate relationship grew between them and a small faction of the old ways, that of the druid and worship of Nature itself (or herself as some say). They called themselves the Disciples of Winter and their beliefs and philosophies were harsh and based on a merciless, uncaring and amoral Nature where only the strongest would survive. Decay and death were part of the natural order and it was their duty to test their fellow men by visiting disease, death and calamities upon them. Not a popular group to say the least and they were outlawed and hunted but they could never be quite rooted out.

While their differing traditions put them at odds with each other, their ways were old and went back many generations. Old alliances and shared blood between them kept them from seeking each other’s destruction and a truce of sorts grew, sometimes extending to temporary alliances. There are tales of witches of the Sisterhood laying with the beasts of the forest and from them sprang the druids themselves. Some say that the curse of the worgen in fact came from this sinful act and have caused quite a few women, innocent and otherwise, to be burned and tortured in the name of appeasing the Light or whichever god had punished them.

Like the rest of the Gilneans the two traditions were scattered over the world after the Cataclysm. While before the lineage of the covens were preserved, they were now torn in to pieces. Heritages passed from mother to daughter through the generations among the Sisterhood were no more. Families died out and important heirlooms and rites were lost. A few of the covens managed to survive but they are nowhere near the numbers of the past. They are lost and their ancient traditions risk dying out once and for all. Like other of the Gilneans they have come to consider the prospect of change, of adapting their ways to allow them to continue to live.

The Disciples haven’t fared better. While Nature is eternal until the end of time, they have been forced to be assimilated by other traditions. Some joined the Cenarion Circle, others came to be students at the feet of the far more experienced night elves. A few cling to the past and remain outcasts and pariahs, with nowhere to call home. No matter though, deep within their hearts they cannot deny the truth and preserve what little they can of their ways. While they believe in adaption to survive, they smile wryly over the bitter irony that adaption might mean the abandonment of their old beliefs.

A call has gone out in the past few days. Animal messengers, spirits, dreams and whispers on the wind have called witches and druids alike, both Gilneans and others, to reaffirm their beliefs and loyalty to the old ways. What reason this or these patrons have for it remain unknown but the possibility of keeping their traditions alive, of becoming strong once more is something that draw many to heed the call to come to Duskwood.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Let me be the first to say... burn the witch!
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:13 pm

If there was a structure created or even an agenda to what this coven of Witches would do and achieve I could see it being a great force for rp not so much on the evil side but just as a source -of- rp. Witch Hunters trying to find them, secret servants in government ministries etc..
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm

The structure and agenda is left undecided purposefully for the players to decide what they want to do. But the idea behind the concept that I had was that part of the RP in the beginning is to work out how things are to work. People vie for power and try to establish a pecking order. Maybe things don't work out and they end up as different covens all around Duskwood, fighting between each other. This way allows for more organic RP.

As a hook though, I can suggest that the coven from Gilneas want to recover knowledge from the past. There are a lot of secrets in Duskwood as well.

Of course it is all up to those that decide to RP witches on what they want to do.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Okay, regarding the witch project this is who we have interested so far. If you’d like to participate in this as an organizer or simply as a participant, post in this thread.

Braiden (might be interested in taking charge of the project)
Shaelyssa
Morinth
Ajina
Valerias
Corleth/Greagoir
Wanja
Anaei
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:29 pm

As said, I am on board.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bloop Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:31 pm

As am I.
bloop
bloop

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Morinth Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Yarr! \o/ Sounds fun.
Morinth
Morinth

Character sheet
Name: Captain Morinth
Title: Queen of the Pirates! (self-proclaimed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next