Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Laws, Alliance

+45
Zaraj
Izzifix
Eldiros
Ralegh
Vardrek/Burgen
CrusaderElly
Cid
Thelos
Bakar
Vaell
Helmut
Rae Wulfgnar
Amaryl
Adry
Demurral
Paia/Jenit
Littlepip
Allonia_Miral
erwtenpeller
Charlie Blazesong
Sanara
Gor'Thrak Frosthowl
Ixirar
Bradley
Rashka
Aadaria-Ioanna
Skarain
Finnabhair
Lorainne/Bridlington
Ledgic
Krogon Devilstep
Braiden
Remai D'Waltir
Azarion
Drustai
Kittrina
Seranita
Tuomas/Decurius
Ishap/Virock
Beladon
Lexgrad
siegmund
Sabien
Aesculus
Cathee Norris
49 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

City Laws, Alliance Empty City Laws, Alliance

Post by Cathee Norris Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm

Here is a gathered document with all the official laws of the Alliance. If something needs updating, please send me a PM here over the forum and I'll add it in the post.

Kingdom of Ironforge:
Spoiler:

Kingdom of Stromgarde:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Julia on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

City Laws, Alliance Empty Re: City Laws, Alliance

Post by Aesculus Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:59 am

Rape
A sexual assault involving penetration or forced intercourse.

Who in their right mind would want to roleplay such a thing Shocked
Aesculus
Aesculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabien Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 am

You'd be surprised. Once many years ago back in vanilla, I went afk on my then main. When I came back the chat log was full of /pins her down/ rips her pants...all the graphic details. I was afk ffs. Christ knows what he was thinking.
Sabien
Sabien

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by siegmund Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:15 am

Discrimination
Denial of basic rights based on a person's race, class, gender or anything else than personal merit.

And

Harassment
Behaving in a manner that is threatening, coercive, or intimidating toward another person.

Are generally the most common

Rape
A sexual assault involving penetration or forced intercourse.

Who in their right mind would want to roleplay such a thing Shocked

It happens, although not much, but i see a few chars sometimes, who were supposedly raped. Not sure if it was played out or more of a ooc thing.
siegmund
siegmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Rape always ends in trouble. I would not say dont RP it just be really careful.

Discrimination
Denial of basic rights based on a person's race, class, gender or anything else than personal merit

This i am in two minds about. I think ic there is an argument that it shouldnt be in the books. I have never seen anyone arrested for it and plenty have Discriminated the DKs Sad. I assume it was an anti Anethionian law from back in the day.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Beladon Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Personally I always viewed the Death Knights as being second class citizens due to them being Undead and therefore would face prejudice within the city from guards and civilians alike due to many long years of being at war with undead. If anything you can refer to IRL situations where it takes generations for such things to heal and even reach any sense of equality.

Remember that Stormwind has turned a blind eye to it's own people in some places, so what chance do the ex soldiers of the Scourge have.
Beladon
Beladon

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ishap/Virock Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Rape is an insta ban from blizzard if it's reported, it's only something that can be done if agreed OOC'ly
Ishap/Virock
Ishap/Virock

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesculus Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Ishap/Virock wrote:Rape is an insta ban from blizzard if it's reported, it's only something that can be done if agreed OOC'ly

Even then I don't see why anyone wants to portray something horrible like that. But to each their own I guess..
Aesculus
Aesculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Even then I don't see why anyone wants to portray something horrible like that. But to each their own I guess..
I wouldn't rp it, but imo IC laws should punish it even if nobody actually does it.

About rping rape.... well, I find it somehow lame. Can't move storylines as much as other kind of crimes could. But sure depends.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Aesculus wrote:
Ishap/Virock wrote:Rape is an insta ban from blizzard if it's reported, it's only something that can be done if agreed OOC'ly

tecnicaly yes and it is bad.. it can cause upset.. it is a very contraversial thing to rp out, even then I dought it is ever "fully" rp'ed out in such a manner.. it can however fill up the dread and worry when it comes to loos cannon criminals

for example you get a mass murderer in sw.. its bad... nasty you want to catch him.. if said mad man then rapes someone.. it becomes a whole new ballgame of urgence and desperation and thus puts a lot more pressure on the guards to capture that person,
it can also create closer ties between the civilians and the guards or make that relation worse depending if they sucseed or fail,
it can also create cooperation between different guard guilds as such a sick and evil indevidual needs takign down at all costs..
thow I do not agree to such rp.. such rp can also lead to long running plots, tentions etc
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:42 pm

I do like how we regularly RP maiming, killing, possessing, blood pacts with demons to end the world, soul consuming, heretic burning, so much pain and death and agony... but rape crosses the line Very Happy
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:55 pm

yes.. it is a very contreversial line I agree..
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:15 pm

... that was not my point Mon. XD
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:12 pm

I think (other than the fact that this perhaps could get to a topic for itself) that while a murder, a blood pact with demons and such, or even other kind of 'super-crimes' can have some kind of justification, because done for a kind of higher good, rape is sort of the egoist crime par excellence. There's no kind of higher good served by the rape, just the egoist desire of the person to... well, you figured that out. It's evil for the sake of evil, so, apart of the ToS, for us is quite difficult to grasp why one would do such a thing. Even from a story-telling point of view, especially in a world such as wow's one, where sex isn't part in any way, at least officially, of it.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Lexgrad wrote:I do like how we regularly RP maiming, killing, possessing, blood pacts with demons to end the world, soul consuming, heretic burning, so much pain and death and agony... but rape crosses the line Very Happy

I very much doubt anyone who rps has, in their real life, had to deal with the problems of; demons, blood pact, warlocks.
Whilst I know for a fact quite a large proportion of players have had to deal with rape, either themselves, or relatives.
Anyone who rps it out should be kicked from their guild and preferable banned from the game. It's in the ToS for a very good reason. It's grossly insensitive and thoughtless to push that upon people to deal with in a game which people go on for fun, not reliving past traumas.
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Drustai Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:36 pm

This discussion could fill a hundred pages and really shouldn't be in this thread.

Regardless... this is RP. Any actions committed in RP are just that: RP. They are not real. "Rape" RP is no worse than a couple playing out a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] scenario IRL, as both are consensual.

Like any RP, if it is a logical development in-character and moves the story along, and is agreed upon by both players, then it has a place in RP. People should not push their personal morals of what is right and wrong on RP. It's like saying that authors that write novels dealing with rape should be prosecuted because they so happened to have included fictional rape in their writing. No, I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Roleplay is about exploring an alternate reality, with its positives and negatives, and if you're really letting the negative aspects of that alternate reality start affecting you OOCly then the problem isn't the RP, it's you for treating it as real instead of the fiction that it actually is. If it's agreed upon by both players, then there is nothing wrong with it (and it's not even real rape in that case).

Longknife/Decurius wrote:Even from a story-telling point of view, especially in a world such as wow's one, where sex isn't part in any way, at least officially, of it.

You do know that rape is a story element in WoW, right? That the orcs included raping amongst their other pillaging actions when they were still the demonic horde? That [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
Drustai
Drustai

Character sheet
Name: Archmage Drustai
Title: The Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azarion Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:43 pm

^ Haha. What the fuck?
Azarion
Azarion

Character sheet
Name: Azarion
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Remai D'Waltir Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Well the Blades will stick with their policy, If any member RPs out rape or the aftermath, they're removed from the guild, if they're not in the guild then we will refuse to RP with them.

It's principal.
Remai D'Waltir
Remai D'Waltir

Character sheet
Name: Remai D'Waltir
Title: Knight Champion of House Beaumont

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexgrad Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:46 pm

You could argue too that what arthas did to sylvanas was an advocate of rape. Im not exactly for Rape IC as I think it is distasteful but if a story goes there so what. I am more against the insanity that rape crosses some line when RPers regularly do stuff much worse to each other, stuff that is apparently abstract.
Lexgrad
Lexgrad

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Azarion Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Imo
Rape as an ongoing "event" with characters that RL victims have to interact with in the RP universe, more than once, and on multiple days, is -far- worse than, say, a backstory or something in a book.
Azarion
Azarion

Character sheet
Name: Azarion
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuomas/Decurius Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Drustai wrote:This discussion could fill a hundred pages and really shouldn't be in this thread.

Regardless... this is RP. Any actions committed in RP are just that: RP. They are not real. "Rape" RP is no worse than a couple playing out a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] scenario IRL, as both are consensual.

Like any RP, if it is a logical development in-character and moves the story along, and is agreed upon by both players, then it has a place in RP. People should not push their personal morals of what is right and wrong on RP. It's like saying that authors that write novels dealing with rape should be prosecuted because they so happened to have included fictional rape in their writing. No, I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Roleplay is about exploring an alternate reality, with its positives and negatives, and if you're really letting the negative aspects of that alternate reality start affecting you OOCly then the problem isn't the RP, it's you for treating it as real instead of the fiction that it actually is. If it's agreed upon by both players, then there is nothing wrong with it (and it's not even real rape in that case).

Longknife/Decurius wrote:Even from a story-telling point of view, especially in a world such as wow's one, where sex isn't part in any way, at least officially, of it.

You do know that rape is a story element in WoW, right? That the orcs included raping amongst their other pillaging actions when they were still the demonic horde? That [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?
What I meant is that, and sorry if I was somehow unclear, sex and sexuality in-game are almost never mentioned, at best hint, and tendentially Blizzard's ToS make clear that sex should not be mentioned in any way. Lore-wise, of course, sexuality exists(I mean, people must breed somehow), and so rape(especially in a world ravaged by war), but that's not usually part of what the players should/would encounter normally, while playing.

This said, I agree with you about the first part: we like it or not, rape is present in fiction of any kind. It's up to the person if s/he wants to face/read/play it out. But that's a rule of thumb, imho, for any kind of thing that is made for fun, included rp.
Tuomas/Decurius
Tuomas/Decurius

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesculus Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:06 pm

First of all, sorry for starting this discussion in a thread where it doesn't really belong. The reason why I asked the question in the first place was because the way it was so casually described among all other laws, made it seem like it was an commonly accepted thing in the community.

The discussion that followed showed that this was not the case. I do, however, still think this is a terrible thing to RP under any circumstance and personally would never want to get involved in such RP.
Aesculus
Aesculus

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Law discussion: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Thank you. Suggestions for the new laws can be posted there and may be taken into account on an OOC level.
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Krogon Devilstep Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 am

While I'm away I'l consider an update to arathorian/stromgarde laws.

Though something worth consideration would be a set of universal laws and rules between the alliance nations in order to clear up and speedily resolve some matters that would normally reside in the grey blur of juristictions and so forth.
Krogon Devilstep
Krogon Devilstep

Character sheet
Name: Krogon Devilstep
Title: Blademaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:34 am

oh but juristictions are always fun, it creates loopholes to be exploited and tensions between various nations, keep the variability Smile
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next