Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technocratic Republic of Gnomeregan [Base for RP Guild]

+9
itsy
Nifty
Gogol
Yarnaat
Kozgugore Feraleye
Torukan
Gahalla
Sanara
Whiston Farley
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Technocratic Republic of Gnomeregan [Base for RP Guild] Empty Technocratic Republic of Gnomeregan [Base for RP Guild]

Post by Whiston Farley Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:29 am

The Mountain is feeling kinda lonely without Gnoamish counterparts, so while talking with Swatti some weeks ago, this idea came up: Make a Gnomish guild that worked on a similar fashion to TTH, being a place for every Gnome.
Basically, every Gnome wanting to focus his RP on being part of the Gnomish society could find a spot on this guild.
Me and Elhdras have made up this ideas for the guild rank divisions, based on different organizations that could be found on Gnomeregan society:

Commoner
Nothing much about this rank. Civilians, peasants, shop owners...

T.G.O.G. (Technologic Group of Gnomeragan)

T.G.O.G. is probably the most popular group on the Technocratic Republic. Home of some of the most ingenious inventors this organization’s main goal is to uphold all the technological advances in Gnomeregan.

Tinkers – Inventors and adventurous inventors! They are world wide renown by their inventive spirit and strange gadgets!

Engineers – Engineers are tinkers that take a specialization on a matter such as steam technology, gunpowder based technology, etc... They are a bit more rational and focused than the Tinkers and usually are able to make bigger and better projects.

Other crafters and operators can also be found on this organization.

A.I.G. (Advanced Infantry of Gnomeregan)

This is the traditional military division of the Republic. Not as big as it’s usually to other races and Kingdoms, the Gnomeregan Infantry consists in highly equipped squads of gnomish fighters.

A.O.M.W.G. (Arcane and other Magic Wielders of Gnomeregan)

Magic is one of the main columns of the Gnomish society. Many of the best Arcanists in the Alliance are Gnomes... A.O.M.W.G. is a mainly composed of Mages and Warlocks, but other types of Magic wielders are also part of the ranks. They are not a Military organization by do have an active role in War. They also work closely with T.G.O.G. usually helping with the magical component of the devices.

Mages: Masters of Arcane, Gnome mages excel in the art of casting spells!

Warlocks: Gnome Warlocks are allowed to conduct their experiments on the fields of Demonology and Fell , although always kept under vigilance to not become Fell addicted or subdued to the Demonic will.

Other kinds of wizards can also be found on the A.O.M.W.G.

U.M.P.G. (United Medics and Pharmaceuticals of Gnomeregan)

This rank comprehends surgeons, pharmaceuticals and gnomes with abilities that have the ultimate goal to heal a fellow gnome or ally. Any gnome that wishes to join the UMPG has to surpass specific Medical training.

Surgeon: one that possesses the ability to heal another in combat and out of combat thru advanced medicine.

Pharmaceutical: although he/she possesses basic knowledge in medicine, he or she specializes mostly in the art and science of chemistry; he/she will be able to create and develop cure and medication able to eradicate most illnesses.
Priest: The most traditional form known to Azeroth regarding healing. Holy Priests are known to be able to cure and heal an injured fellow with holy magic, although it is difficult to fully grasp how such gift is obtained. However, even for a holy priest (young or wise) he/she is required to undergo in specific medical training if he/she wishes to join the U.M.P.G.

H.C.G. (High Chairs of Gnomeregan)
Within this rank the supervisors of the republic and right hands of Gelbin Mekkatorque will be found in several positions namely politicians, ambassadors, gear holders, etc.

Gear Holders These are the gnomes that form the Tinker Court and attend to the republic business as well issues regarding the alliance.

Jugdes: It is their duty to form and establish the law by which every citizen of Gnomeregan follows, to allow a prosperous and safe environment for all.

Ambassador: A diplomat who represents Gnomeregan and its core values to the other races of the alliance, through all Azeroth.

S.T.I.G. (Superior Technocratic Institute of Gnomeregan)

Formed shortly after the operation Gnomeregan, and in order to help organize the scattered Gnomish people, this "school of all trades" is intended for those gnomes who are still uncertain of what career or path they want to follow.

Student: Every gnome, young and old, that needs to be oriented towards a specific path in order to further help Gnomeregan in these times.

Professor: A former STIG student that decided that his way was to learn a bit of everything (of magic and medicine, of technology and war,etc.). For this, the STIG professor will now provide direction to students, teaching the main and basic aspects of each path.

Anyone wanting to give an hand setting this up? Smile
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet
Name: Whiston Farley
Title: The Hound Master - Watcher of Sacred Ground

Back to top Go down

Technocratic Republic of Gnomeregan [Base for RP Guild] Empty Re: Technocratic Republic of Gnomeregan [Base for RP Guild]

Post by Sanara Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:18 am

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:
Anyone wanting to give an hand setting this up? Smile

No. The Gnome RP community has already discussed this idea and dismissed it on repeated occasions. Maybe you should check your sources first :/

Swatti has tried to run this kind of idea several times and always failed, so it's been dismissed as an idea we'd rather just avoid and instead focus on having guilds that create RP rather than just cluster RPers together, like the Forlorn Cartel and the Gnome Science Institute. It's working out quite well considering the tiny size of the Gnome RP community.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Technocratic Republic of Gnomeregan [Base for RP Guild] Empty Re: Technocratic Republic of Gnomeregan [Base for RP Guild]

Post by Gahalla Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:17 am

I'm a little ambivalent about this idea. I see the benefit in having all gnomes in the same guild, I really do. It would certainly aid communication and easen the ability to do non-rp stuff together.
But at the same time I agree in principle to what Merandil says, that guilds should preferably be focused and have clear and defined IC-visions. Opt for depth rather than width.

In my experience these guilds are hard to pull off. You need a massive and engaged leadership for every sub-division and then someone holding it all together. Each sub-division essentially being a guild in it's own right.
DRS/TTH have pulled it off, and my hat come of to you for that. But I'm unsure we have enough of a base in the gnome community for that. That we're still too few and too inactive to be able to succesfully achieve this.

But we should definantely build the gnome community, there I am with you 100 %. Right now we have three guilds (Gnomish Science Institute, Forlorn Cartel and Technocratic Republic) represented, and two non-guild organisations: the Tinker's Court and GEARS.
Why not use all that to build on?
Have the three guilds focus on certain goals and tasks. Like GSI taking on the science aspect (with G-sec providing some law enforcement), Forlorn cartel taking on less than legal aspects and TR perhaps taking on the military aspect and/or medical or engineering?
And then maintain considerable cooperation between the various guilds/organisations. Refer gnome-applicants to each others, invite one another for events, contact another guild if you need their help and so on.

Also: Nitpicks:
Pharmaceutical means medicine-related, a person handling medicines is refered to as a pharmacist Smile

And isn't the gnomish priests touted more in the quests as physicians aided by inventions and special training (which no doubt is very much alike how priests work) rather than religious. With them all being refered to as "Doc", "Dr." and such and occasional references to having to change batteries.
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:40 am

I'm....sort of inclined to agree and disagree. I think it's going to be hard gaining veteran Gnome RPers to join a Gnome guild when they've made connections to guilds like The Forlorn Cartel already and some people just may not want to be in this type of guild. However, when I made The Sechalo, it looked like the Tauren community was small or just dead. Through persistance I started gaining members; some new to Tauren RP, some who have been Tauren for years.

It's just a thing of chance whether or not this guild would be able to pick up.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 am

As Thalgun above me said, sometimes, a good server presence can be what makes or breaks a guild or even entire race. Tauren or trolls (except for Gurubashi and perhaps to a lesser extend Mistrunners, since they have been inactive for an extended amount of time) have been very unpopular for years on our server because there were few guilds that really represented them and was really known across the entire server. A good server presence in the form of a big, well-known guild could fix that if there's a lack of that specific race's RP, though I really don't know whether there is.

As much as I'd love to blow new life into my own gnome alt (formerly secret main), I don't have a lot of time for it and frankly don't really know of any specific guilds I could rely on to ditch him in.
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:50 am

Gahalla wrote:
But at the same time I agree in principle to what Merandil says, that guilds should preferably be focused and have clear and defined IC-visions. Opt for depth rather than width.

In my experience these guilds are hard to pull off. You need a massive and engaged leadership for every sub-division and then someone holding it all together. Each sub-division essentially being a guild in it's own right.

The idea is not to have something as detailed and "divided" as TTH. Those organizations were merely to provide those "guidelines" you talk about. The guild would always act as one. Because you have similar concepts for this kinds of guilds, stuff alike <Of Darkshire> where they just represent a certain society, and in this case would be the gnomish one...

Thalgun wrote:I'm....sort of inclined to agree and disagree. I think it's going to be hard gaining veteran Gnome RPers to join a Gnome guild when they've made connections to guilds like The Forlorn Cartel already and some people just may not want to be in this type of guild. However, when I made The Sechalo, it looked like the Tauren community was small or just dead. Through persistance I started gaining members; some new to Tauren RP, some who have been Tauren for years.

It's just a thing of chance whether or not this guild would be able to pick up.

The idea is not to have people leaving their current guilds to join this one. But this would appear as a bastion for general Gnome RP, appealing to almost every kind of gnome instead of just having Criminals and Scientists.

Kozgugore Feraleye wrote:As Thalgun above me said, sometimes, a good server presence can be what makes or breaks a guild or even entire race. Tauren or trolls (except for Gurubashi and perhaps to a lesser extend Mistrunners, since they have been inactive for an extended amount of time) have been very unpopular for years on our server because there were few guilds that really represented them and was really known across the entire server. A good server presence in the form of a big, well-known guild could fix that if there's a lack of that specific race's RP, though I really don't know whether there is.

As much as I'd love to blow new life into my own gnome alt (formerly secret main), I don't have a lot of time for it and frankly don't really know of any specific guilds I could rely on to ditch him in.

That's what we were trying to solve Razz
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Well there's already the Tinker's Court which binds most of us Gnomes together, and out from previous experiences I can tell that Swatti is too inexperienced and impatient to lead a guild.
I'd say that with all these Guilds and organizations around there should be something for every Gnome to join in on already.

As previously stated by Thalgun most veteran Gnome Roleplayers have already found something to get bound to, so then this guild would mostly consist of Alts, that people tend to leave after a couple of weeks or so.
Though, if you can get a few solid Officers it might be possible to pull off.
I don't know whether Ryea (Or her alt Kristia) is on these forums or not, but I know that she's going to be more active soon (Atleast she said so) and isn't bound to anything at the moment (I think). She'd make a fine Officer for you. Razz

/salute
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:The idea is not to have people leaving their current guilds to join this one. But this would appear as a bastion for general Gnome RP, appealing to almost every kind of gnome instead of just having Criminals and Scientists.

The problem is that the existing guilds encompass the full spectrum of roleplayed gnomes already. I don't know of a single guildless gnome RPer at the moment.

The idea you propose would not just promote further fracturing of the already small gnome community, but also require at least a dozen new gnomes entirely to become active on the scene to even make half your guild concept work (even if we disclude the government and science parts of your proposal, since those are already handled by us).
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gogol Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Gahalla wrote:But we should definantely build the gnome community, there I am with you 100 %. Right now we have three guilds (Gnomish Science Institute, Forlorn Cartel and Technocratic Republic) represented, and two non-guild organisations: the Tinker's Court and GEARS.
Why not use all that to build on?
Have the three guilds focus on certain goals and tasks. Like GSI taking on the science aspect (with G-sec providing some law enforcement), Forlorn cartel taking on less than legal aspects and TR perhaps taking on the military aspect and/or medical or engineering?
And then maintain considerable cooperation between the various guilds/organisations. Refer gnome-applicants to each others, invite one another for events, contact another guild if you need their help and so on.

The Forlorn Cartel was indeed created by a motley crew of Gnomes, but I wouldent call it a Gnome guild.
Have a look at it's members.

Apart from that, I agree with Gahalla on this note.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Eventhough the Cartel isnt a true gnome guild we still have ~30% of the Servers gnome roleplayers, that's why we're counted in among the true gnome guilds.
Nifty
Nifty

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Cartel is like 50% of active gnome roleplayers, then 35% for GSI and 15% for TR, so while Cartel isn't gnome exclusive, it's still probably one of the most significant sources of gnome RP.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 pm

I guess there aren't many gnome rpers because gnomebody wants to play one

lol!!
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:32 am

Merandil wrote:Cartel is like 50% of active gnome roleplayers, then 35% for GSI and 15% for TR, so while Cartel isn't gnome exclusive, it's still probably one of the most significant sources of gnome RP.

Can't exactly count on the gnomes from the Forlorn Cartel to participate on the general Military or Expeditionary events. Also the idea would go through having a Gnomish guild based on Khaz Modan. Like GAS, but broader.
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gahalla Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:28 am

Girloy Stoutstone wrote:
Merandil wrote:Cartel is like 50% of active gnome roleplayers, then 35% for GSI and 15% for TR, so while Cartel isn't gnome exclusive, it's still probably one of the most significant sources of gnome RP.

Can't exactly count on the gnomes from the Forlorn Cartel to participate on the general Military or Expeditionary events. Also the idea would go through having a Gnomish guild based on Khaz Modan. Like GAS, but broader.

A good solid 40 % of GEARS, the gnomish commando unit, consists of Cartel members. So yes, we can count on them if we call on them. I'm sure the Cartel could assist a gnomish in other military matters as well, should it be requested.
But even if we can't... how is that different from gnomes that run a science heavy character concept? There's no guarantee that they'd want to attend either (made worse by that most gnomes are alts).

But again, why not create a tight alliance between the three existing guilds and each focusing on a different task. Where we can refer recruits to one another if they feel their concept does not fit. Invite one another for events. Meet regularly both IC and OOC (at Tinker's court, perhaps?). We do have the "infrastructure" in place already after all. Let's use it?
Gahalla
Gahalla

Character sheet
Name: Gahalla rose
Title: Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:01 am

Gahalla wrote:But again, why not create a tight alliance between the three existing guilds and each focusing on a different task. Where we can refer recruits to one another if they feel their concept does not fit. Invite one another for events. Meet regularly both IC and OOC (at Tinker's court, perhaps?). We do have the "infrastructure" in place already after all. Let's use it?
This would probably work.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:21 am

Agreed, Gahalla for president!
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm with Gahalla, as usual Razz

Making use of the existing guilds we have is a much more likely idea to promote RP and community togetherness than just setting up "The Gnome Guild".

I personally think that TTH has been worse for Dwarven RP as a whole, for this reason, than if it had remained a military entity and allowed more Dwarven guilds that instead cooperated rather than tried to compete, which would create a vastly more expansive RP setting with far more original concepts.

Wether or not you agree with this assesment, you should understand where I come from when I say the same applies to the Gnome community which is much smaller and needs the innovation to stay interesting.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:44 pm

TTH is in the progress of making more types of Dwarven RP connected. I can't say whether the plan will be in motion just yet, but it will allow more events and random RP that doesn't revolve around the military. Overall I think the change from Dwarven Rifle Squad to The Three Hammers has been successful in bringing new RPers who were afraid that DRS was military only and being, say, an explorer, would avoid applying for the guild. I've seen much more recruitment applications which revolve around people being Temple members, to Gryphon Breeders to Ironforge Criminals.

Plus we have never tried to dissuade new Dwarven guilds from appearing...because really there hasn't been any. We've seen people leave TTH (Mostly in spite) and try to form their own guild based on a clan where they're the thane. Usually results in 5 members, 2 of which are active and never RP.

We've never guild poached, and I never think to myself "Dwarves shouldn't be in guild "X", I should try and get them into TTH."

If you think that it's easy enough to make another Dwarf only guild for the community, go ahead, be my guest, make more RP for the community and add another guild. But don't go claiming TTH are hoarding all the Dwarf RPers. Ever.

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Awfully defensive considering I didn't say anything of the kind...
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cid Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:49 pm

Merandil wrote:
I personally think that TTH has been worse for Dwarven RP as a whole, for this reason, than if it had remained a military entity and allowed more Dwarven guilds that instead cooperated rather than tried to compete, which would create a vastly more expansive RP setting with far more original concepts.

Wether or not you agree with this assesment, you should understand where I come from when I say the same applies to the Gnome community which is much smaller and needs the innovation to stay interesting.

1. We're offering loads more than military RP, we always have stated that in our advertising. And we encourage our members to make events of their own if they feel events are lacking in a specific area (read civilian/military/religious/whatnot). Besides, I haven't really seen any competition considering Dwarf RP, mainly since there's quite few Dwarf RP'ers in comparison to the rest of the Alliance (more than Gnomes, sure. But still less than Alliance in total).

2. What is there to understand, and why is it relevant where you come from? There is no real drawbacks centralizing the (insert race here) RP into a bigger guild, that at least have a chance of survival comparing to several small ones that goes extinct within a few weeks/months.
Cid
Cid

Character sheet
Name: Cid Blackforge
Title: Captain of the Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 pm

You don't have to jump on the guy, he was just comparing this idea to TTH to explain his reasoning.

Chillax guy.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Merandil wrote:I personally think that TTH has been worse for Dwarven RP as a whole, for this reason, than if it had remained a military entity and allowed more Dwarven guilds that instead cooperated rather than tried to compete

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 pm

"Shit just got personal"
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiston Farley Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:15 pm

This silly Blinkie xD

Also:
Zinkle Figgins wrote:
Gahalla wrote:But again, why not create a tight alliance between the three existing guilds and each focusing on a different task. Where we can refer recruits to one another if they feel their concept does not fit. Invite one another for events. Meet regularly both IC and OOC (at Tinker's court, perhaps?). We do have the "infrastructure" in place already after all. Let's use it?
This would probably work.

Let's get on with it!

I'll also poke some gnoams to join on our events and day-to-day RP in Khaz Modan in order to bring the guilds close together!
Whiston Farley
Whiston Farley

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by itsy Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:07 pm

Btw you should probably change the name, Technocratic Republic of Gnomeregan abbreviates to T.R.O.G :p
itsy
itsy

Character sheet
Name: @_@
Title: @_@

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next