Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.1 Nilda Meyrick: Letters to Nygarth

Go down

2.1 Nilda Meyrick: Letters to Nygarth Empty 2.1 Nilda Meyrick: Letters to Nygarth

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:31 pm

These letters have been written between Nilda and Nygarth a few months ago, there was a time that they dated but their relationship came to a rather sudden end and had left alot of bitterness and unspoken words between them.
Currently they have managed to put these aside and are able to once again talk to eachother as friends.
The letter she writes first is a reply to his farewell poem he had written long before these events ever happened, long before she finally replied.

---------

Poem:

Nilda looks to the sky and a small Arathorian eagle circles above her. A note tied to it's foot as it swoops down onto her arm. The parchment is tear stained, and the writing is scrawled.

I wanted to make you my own,
And leave everything else alone.
A wife, a kid, it didn't matter to me,
Some'ow, justifiably,
I fled from my life into yours,
If only I saw my own flaws.

I know that ye're stubborn as a mule, dear,
And that ye won't admit to your fear,
O' being a stepmum, being a wife,
Doesn't sit well with you. Causes you strife,
And you don't deserve those ties,
Besides. How can I clip the wings of a bird tha' wishes te fly?

I'm older than I feel, I feel,
And tha' some'ow seals the deal.
I can't be what ye want me to be,
I can't give ye everything, your ultimate glee,
I'm a fool, Nilda, for thinking I was what you wanted,
What you needed, lusted and fought for. But haunted,

By your own demons, alike I,
And thus our love's flame did die,
And no matter 'ow many tears I cry,
How many sighs, I sigh,
You'll always be too young.
To sing the same song, that I've sung.

So I'll go. Sing another song,
Perhaps for a short time, or a long,
I don't know where I'll go, who I'll meet,
If I'll ever return with cold feet.
I just can't stay, watching you grow,
Wishing that we'd stayed with the ebb and the flow.

Together ferever.

Nilda, do you realise the pain a man goes through?
When he's forced, by love, to ditch the women that rules not only his heart. Due,
The death penalty. Hated by his 'people', that died.
The Shattering hitting hard, as we flied,
Together in heavenly bliss,
As we kiss.

The feeling of guilt tripping through my veins,
Whilst I betray everything I've worked for. Change lanes,
In life. Seems frivolous to you. So easily done,
Whilst I did what I did. Just a bit of fun?
I was never playing a game.
I didn't want to play with your heart, my dame.

I was in it for the long haul, my wife and child away,
Oh the things I could say,
The feelings I could feel,
The deals I could seal,
But no one saw it my way.
Nilda, it was me that had the ultimate price to pay.

I was a dirty, abusing, cheating cunt,
And I deserved every title, every punt,
To my ego. To my pride.
As long as I had you by my side,
I could deal with everyone,
But alone. I crumble and fall, like the sun.

Perhaps one day, like sunrise, I'll rise.
Perhaps one day, I'll come out of disguise,
Cut the tough guy act,
Learn some tact,
Who knows? And who cares?
Noone. Noone else says my prayers.

Together. A useless endeavour.

This eagle flies only to me,
Overland and oversea,
From Hyjal to Borean,
My last remaining loyal Arathorian,
He doesn't judge, he doesn't sneer,
So if ye wish. Write back, my dear.

Signed-

Nygarth 'Crow-eye' Thorgint.

-----------
Nygarth ...

It has taken me way too long before I was able to reply to your last letter. I never knew what to say to you, what to write so I found it pointless to try.
Now that I have spent a few days on my own, isolated from the newly formed order I moved to .. surrounded by nothing but the green nature of Darnassus I had time to think.
Still I don't know what I can say to you, your departure was sudden and I have no idea how to handle this. But I thought it was time for atleast an apology from me.
I never meant to cause such chaos in your life, to hurt you the way I did by feeling hurt myself.
I'm sorry, my first love, that things did not go as we both would have preferred, I'm sorry for the life you lost because of me.

All this time I had too little time to let my mind wander back to the days of you and me, today I found myself drifting back into memories from then, cherishing them to erase the suffering in my heart.
Time has created too many emotionall pain, too many scars for me to carry. I have been going on, stood strong and found myself capable of doing so. But to all things comes an end, I was send away to come here in Darnassus, to "unwind" from all the latest stress.
Being here has given me the chance to gather the courage needed to write to you, even if I can't undo what happened ... I still hope you are well, wish that you are safe and healthy. Sometimes I hope that one day I can meet you again, and that such meeting will be at a moment in time that there will be no pain, that I won't see the hurt I've caused in your eyes.

I'm young and foolish, I'll make plenty mistakes but I'll learn. Hopefully you'll be able to forgive me for the mistakes I made, for the different path I took. But please do never forget that what I felt for you ... even if things ended as they did, so soon .. it was all true, no pretences.
I wish to remember you, my first real love, and our moments together. They will always keep a spot in my heart to which I can look back to with a smile, memories that can grant me strenght.

Perhaps I will not hear off you again, but I have atleast managed to finally write to you. I hope you are well and have found a new cause within the Kingdom. I saw your brother sometimes and was told you have all been gathering once more. I wish you the best of luck, perhaps in the future we might stand together in war once more even if our paths has taken us to other places.
I'll have your back, it would be an honor to stand next to you and raise my arms against those who have taken our lands and loved ones, knowing someone I respect and care for stands next to me.

The future will tell.

Oh ....
I hope your baby-girl has been in good hands and that she is growing strong just like her parents.
If she grows to be a true Arathorian she'll become a strong woman, a daughter to be proud off.

Be well Nygarth,
'An dornu kel Fodrig'

-Nilda-

Last edited by Nilda Meyrick on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

2.1 Nilda Meyrick: Letters to Nygarth Empty Re: 2.1 Nilda Meyrick: Letters to Nygarth

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Nilda,

I had thought myself forgotten. That in your youth, you rebounded back into life with a smile on your face, as I rotted with a frown on mine. I had thought that time had once again ruined what I held dear. Your love.

Clearly you was too busy for me. As you always were. Clearly you was held too dearly by everything that you actually care about. The Crusade. The Order.

And you sit there and question my acts. My departure! Did it ever occur to you, that I left, in a vain hope that you would follow? That I wrote and sent that poem by bird, hoping to see the bird again in a few days with you in tow!? That is how you would handle it, by following the path I had prayed your heart would lead you.

But no. Weeks, months passed and I was left to the ruins of my Nation. To the rage of my people, alone and forsaken. Forsaken because of everything that I did for you, for us. But nay, I'm just your first love. And you have your entire life, free, to live how you wish to lead it. Only the memories hurt you, when for me, every single day is a struggle in the light of Arathor's rebirth.

My fucking Uncle has my job, Nilda. I have no feckin' role in the Nation, no purpose, no nothing. I'm my Uncle's pet. All because you, took my life from me.
You'll remember that Anaei shot my kneecap, and that girl that I once saw as my own child, still hates me. Saihna can't even look at me and I'm never allowed to see my own daughter. Do you know what that feels like!? Not at all.

I can't say I don't deserve it. I fell in love with you and I'm suffering for it. But at least if your little head had the maturity to stay with me, I wouldn't have to suffer alone.

So no, Nilda Meyrick, I cannot forgive you for your mistakes. For how on azeroth can I forgive you for literally ruining my life, and this isn't some childish exaggeration, 'Oh, you broke my heart! However can I live without you' bullshit. This is a fact. My name is dirt because of you Nilda. Dirt to anyone that by a miracle survived Deathwing's assault.

So again, I don't forgive you and if we did ever fight side by side again, Meyrick, I'd save your life just so you could feel even worse for everything that you have done to me because only a little, childish and pathetic girl could live her life, knowing what you have done, and it's even more such a torture to keep you alive to ponder it.

I gave up everything for you and you threw me back. I'll rot in the void with you soon enough, girl.

Nygarth.

Last edited by Nilda/Sharyssa/Najwah on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

2.1 Nilda Meyrick: Letters to Nygarth Empty Re: 2.1 Nilda Meyrick: Letters to Nygarth

Oh Nygarth,

Even in ink your words are drenched by a bitterness that does not sound like yourself, or who you used to be. After the time that has passed I have learned so much more and I know my mistakes and the results of what I have done better then before.

There is nothing else I can do then apologize, perhaps in vain, for how things went. And I did, I truly am sorry but I cannot change things anymore, I can't go back and make a different decision. You are right, I could have come after you as you prayed for yet I did not.
But not because of the reasons you claim, I have escaped into my duty, used the constant wars and training to push myself further.
How can you point a finger at me for having done that? Yes you will always be my first love, not "just" my first love as you say, which also means that I did not know what to do.
It was all new to me and I was not able to decide on what is best for you, I thought I did ..

I wished that your own life experience would have given you the chance to recover from what I had done, that you would manage without me instead of having me as a burden to you, just a young unexperienced woman. I never thought much of myself, never found myself in the right position to ask anything of you. As if I ever wanted your life to be ruined, I feared to do such thing, I'm not selfish for moving on in life, my whole decisions were made to offer you a chance to continue life without me holding you back, your love for me clouding your vision as it should not have done.
I had destroyed too much already, everything that happened in such a short period had driven something inbetween us that I couldnt possibly overcome, perhaps if I would have been older .. would have know more and how to deal with things. But I fled into my position as Sergeant to ignore it all instead.
I understood it all wrong, I made mistake after mistake which is what young people do to learn and grow in life.
And I have grown Nygarth, when I look back to those days I would not recognise myself much anymore.

I have looked into death's eyes far too often ever since, have found myself in situations most my age should not be in, it has formed me further. Forced to mature and learn much faster then anyone else, and I'm still learning.
Trying to learn how I should not make the same mistakes I did with you. Because it nearly happened again.
You won't care about the current events of my life so I won't even go there, you seem to have filled your heart with a certain hatred for me now, and how can I blame you. Just like Morty you rather turn against me without seeing reason and once again I found myself rather walking away then struggling for love.

No, this is not about me, but what your life has become .. not mine. I just wish you could understand on what was going on inside my mind and heart back then, why I was such a coward to write back.
I could write a parchment full of apologies for every result, for each aspect that my foolish young self has caused to your life but it can't change it. Only you can, I know who you used to be, you would not sit there and fret upon the past but take things in hand to get back what is yours.
Don't become a bitter "old man" because of a "child", if not for me .. do it for yourself, the proud Arathorian within yourself that is still there, that can still fight.

Nilda

Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Nilda,
Stop making excuses. You call yourself young, foolish yet at the same time pretend that you was making the right decision in letting me go, so I could live unburdened?

I wanted that burden, girl. I needed that burden to keep me afloat, without it, I'm sinking.

Everything is said and done, and even with the implications of what I may've read too much into, regarding Morty. I can't even muster myself into a rage like I did when I first read your 'apology'. I'm spent.

I give up, life isn't worth it.
Nygarth.
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down