Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fight For Stormwind. (Cathedral)

+23
Ara
Jeanpierre
Osmand
Visceril
Rhenchu
Mandui
John Helsythe Amaltheria
Melnerag
Eodan
Seranita
Demurral
Aadaria-Ioanna
Jehorius
Timna
Rmuffn
Ataris
Braiden
Geneviève
Jayse
Lavian
Valerias
Geldar
Fortesgue
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Fight For Stormwind. (Cathedral) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fight For Stormwind. (Cathedral)

Post by Lavian Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Razlow wrote:I say we just blow it all up... And move them to Goldshire where they belong!

How are you still alive? Your keen passion for exploding should have been your downfall already.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

The Fight For Stormwind. (Cathedral) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Fight For Stormwind. (Cathedral)

Post by Fortesgue Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Awesome, good to see there is interest.

Im thinking of beginning on some lateish evening times to begin with (due to lollers being mildly active at that time and to reduce clashing with other events) so around 21:00 to 22:00 on a couple of nights.

Will edit post when i look at actual dates later (hopefully later this week will do us some good)

Also planning to do the next Community of Light meeting in Stormwind also after we have visited Ironforge tommorow.
Fortesgue
Fortesgue

Character sheet
Name: Fortesgue Witherthorpe
Title: Bishop

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmand Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Love this idea, Os gets lonely standing on the Cath steps by himself.
Osmand
Osmand

Character sheet
Name: Brother Osmand Lightguard
Title: Abbot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm

The Fight For Stormwind. (Cathedral) - Page 2 Various28_080225awk2

And my fiddler!
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

http://www.disciplesoflight.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Right, here is an idea that I will be putting up ICly the moment Fortesgue campaign launches. I need people to help me run a lil' kitchen for the poor citizen who have suffered more than the rest during the Cataclysm. General idea would be to use one of the buildings near the Cathedral, or the Cathedral itself as a place for gathering, and I will require a chef or two and some assistance, so anyone interested poke me ingame or here or via PM for further details/explanations.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Chef you knows it
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Ara Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:47 am

Ehh I planned to scam some money in the Square ( sort of a false collection for a charity or something)to help fix up a local establishment.
Ara
Ara

Character sheet
Name: Ara
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 am

Geldar wrote:I will require a chef or two and some assistance

I don't playing assistant on JP if I get to ruin the soup by accident every once in a while... and my orders allow it.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:16 am

You ruin the soup, you become the soup.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrogan Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:56 am

Get some folks flagged red and I'll make sure to clean 'em up myself. Trolls at the ready Wink

Shrogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:50 pm

This is a very nice idea in a way, Fortesgue, and I think it's great that you care about role-play and that you want to try and promote some more role-play! :]

However, and I am really sorry to have to say this, and I really hate to be all self-righteous, but I don't understand how and why you want to "scare off/ignore the less desirable role-players" there. I don't really role-play in Stormwind a lot, but whenever I pass by the Cathedral, I always see it filled with people role-playing. Just because you don't like what and how they role-play, shouldn't make them any less "desirable". They are still role-playing, even if they are not as aware about the lore as you or others; and no matter what you think, there's no "good/desirable" or "bad/undesirable" role-playing. Any role-play is desirable, in my opinion.

I really think it's a good idea to create events, but for the sole purpose of "scaring any the other role-players there" and "to win it back"? No. I completely disagree with that. They have as much a right to role-play there as any of us.

Maybe a better choice of action would be to try and make the role-players there more aware about the lore of the game. If there are a lot of people just fighting around the square for no reason at all or something as I've sometimes seen, maybe Fortesgue could organize an in-character sermon about respect towards the sanctity of the Cathedral or something, and link in out-of-character notes into it as well?

Either way, I think it's a good idea that you're trying to promote role-play, so best of luck and we should all try to help out with that if we can! :] But I really hope that we will not end up excluding people just because we find their role-play "sub-standard" and we think it's "lol-RP".
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Name: Shaelyssa Bladesinger
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Shaelyssa wrote:
However, and I am really sorry to have to say this, and I really hate to be all self-righteous, but I don't understand how and why you want to "scare off/ignore the less desirable role-players" there. I don't really role-play in Stormwind a lot, but whenever I pass by the Cathedral, I always see it filled with people role-playing. Just because you don't like what and how they role-play, shouldn't make them any less "desirable". They are still role-playing, even if they are not as aware about the lore as you or others; and no matter what you think, there's no "good/desirable" or "bad/undesirable" role-playing. Any role-play is desirable, in my opinion.
You clearly sound like someone who doesn't RP in SW indeed Razz The cath square might be filled with people RPing, but many (if not most) of those are either

a) people who actually don't give a fuck about RP and only hang out there in-between arena/dungeon/raid/BG queues/waiting time, trying to overcome their boredom by pretending to RP (examples: someone running up to everyone around, telling them that they smell or someone who uses /yell a lot to shout obnoxious things), something also known as lolRP, or
b) people who RP exclusively a hooker/criminal/homeless/molested girl/DK/orphan or other rather delicate in nature roles in the most blatant and idiotic ways imaginable, characters who many find it difficult to interact with, often turning out to belong to the group of people mentioned above.

I don't know how much you can tolerate in those regards, but most of the decent RPers who used to hang in the cath square are gone because of these people. It's simply not easy to keep focused on RP while having a circus going on around you, especially if this occurs every single time you attempt to RP at that area. Sooner or later you will run out of patience, give up and seek a different location.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:20 pm

I don't know, Mandui ... I've seen the sort of role-play that happens in Cathedral. I know I myself don't enjoy role-playing there (because to role-play there, I'd probably have to make a fat, ugly human *coughlikeJPcough* and ha, no thanks :p), which is why I avoid it - but so many people do enjoy role-playing there, and it would be unfair to them if you tried to kick them out!

But in a), you can't be too sure if they really are just trying to annoy you on purpose. Maybe they are just new to role-play and aren't sure really of what to do or whatever. But in b) ok, I agree with you there but also, maybe they're just new too!

Not all of us started role-playing in WoW with previous lore knowledge or role-playing experience. And I know I sound all self-righteous or whatever, and I'm really, really, really sorry about that! I really don't mean to be like that :p, I just thought I should reply. In the end of the day though, the more events, the better, so well done Fortesgue for beginning to organize some. :]
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:36 pm

They kicked out all the good Rpers hanging there and working around the Cathedral as staff and so forth with their idiocy long ago. So there are either two options with this; a) they improve and take advice from the Bishop's initiative. b) we scare them off like the sparkling twilight vampire scrubs they are.

The line must be drawn here, this far, NO further!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaelyssa Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Oh please, come on, there's no need to be so melodramatic, and they didn't "kick out all the good Rpers hanging there" just because people decided to leave. There's a huge difference between their role-play unintentionally putting people off, and purposely trying to put people off, which is exactly what we would be doing if we tried to kick them out, to put it simply.
Shaelyssa
Shaelyssa

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaraj Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:14 pm

First of all, who has the right to declare another RPer bad at RP? In the end, lolRP is simply RP some of us doesn't enjoy or just find laughable. It's pretty arrogant but also hypocritical to kick them out, cause we've all been there; we started RPing somewhere, and we weren't really good at it.

Cease this stupidity of trying kicking out people because you don't like what they're doing. As I read it, the OP simply wanted to promote RP, not to ruin other's RP.
Zaraj
Zaraj

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Whow okay.. Look.. As much as I agree with the principles on which some counter arguments are based... Have you tried roleplaying several times at Cath? There are degrees of what bad can be. Sure, I'm not happy about Worgen sniffing my rear every 2 steps either, but those are just players "learning" or trying to find something funny.

We're talking (or I am) about players who think it's normal to summon mole diggers up your rear and then summon their building tall mount, flapping it in your face.
Making mistakes I can live with. But some of these players come around just to annoy us. A DK summoning an army of ghouls while dancing naked in Cath... You can't label that as "accidental lol rp" or a different view on things.

This isn't, in my case anyways, a case of "omg, you said 'Hello' instead 'Hail' omg! BAN for not being hardcore enough!"
The situation is really detrimental to a degree it just isn't even workable to RP with another decent roleplayer without having some idiot fuck jumping his mammoth on you.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:35 pm

I took the responses with a pinch of sault. We were not, I don't think, insinuating that this series of events were going to be comparable to one of Stalin's Purges. It was a funny way of over exagerating our intent.

For myself I don't see this as an attempt to remove all RP I don't approve of from Cathedral Square. I see it as a 'call to the faithful' to stop disgarding Cathedral Square as a terrible place where only bad things can happen and instead see it as the focal point it used to be, where we can help educate people we 'deem' less able RPers through our example.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:55 pm

JP and Gen just said everything I would want to say, and much more eloquently than I would've.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:58 pm

We were not, I don't think, insinuating that this series of events were going to be comparable to one of Stalin's Purges.

Awww. Here I am hoping we will be running around with pitchforks and torches to de-throne the King of Cathedral square.

For myself I don't see this as an attempt to remove all RP I don't approve of from Cathedral Square. I see it as a 'call to the faithful' to stop disgarding Cathedral Square as a terrible place where only bad things can happen and instead see it as the focal point it used to be, where we can help educate people we 'deem' less able RPers through our example.

Also this. My thoughts exact ^
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittrina Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:28 pm

The plans sound excellent, I've got one character I barely play at all because she's a beggar/vagrant and a place like Cath Square would be her natural environment to scrounge about it, but it's so hard to find people in there on an average day that are actually roleplaying rather than dancing naked/crossdressing/afk I just gave up on her.

Also due to the state of it at the moment, if you ARE trying to rp in Cath Sq on a new/unknown character, it feels like people tend to assume you're a Loller of some form just waiting to bust out the train set/Black Mageweave set/godemote backstab/creepy sexual advances etc etc. So it becomes cyclical, as people form the generally correct assumption Cath Sq is the equivalent of the area on the map marked "here be dragons" and avoid the hell out of it, less and less ambient/casual rp takes place because, well, nobody's there but the lollers. In general.

Also, if you want the Blades involvement at any point of this (would a soup kitchen need gaurds? Hmm) I'm sure we'd be up for it Smile
Kittrina
Kittrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Oooh, guards for the Soup Kitchen. Sounds like idea, I'll see if Varian Wrynn declines our request for government tanks to occupy the Red sq- Cathedral Square.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2