Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prices and Economy of Stormwind

+20
erwtenpeller
Sanara
Ixirar
Officer High Morale
Littlepip
Izzifix
Timna
Demurral
Rhygel
Ledgic
Geldar
Gahalla
Muzjhath
Valerias
Magaskawee/Anaei
Zinkle Figgins
Seranita
Jeanpierre
Feydor
Melnerag
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Prices and Economy of Stormwind - Page 2 Empty Re: Prices and Economy of Stormwind

Post by Demurral Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:51 am

just to bump this, I copied the TL:DR version straight into a GHI book, copyable by all, and will try to give it out to people as I go along Smile I personally always go by this.
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet
Name: Greyclaw
Title: Witch of the Wilds

Back to top Go down

Prices and Economy of Stormwind - Page 2 Empty Re: Prices and Economy of Stormwind

Post by Seranita Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:54 am

agreed the raven tavern in duskwood runs to this finantial chart!
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Tue May 20, 2014 3:35 pm

This needs a bump, I think. NECROLOL
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue May 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Further Necromancy!
http://www.defiasrp.com/t3695-financial-role-play
Use this post by Melnerag as well, Its a great, indepth guide for you all.
Enjoy!
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzifix Tue May 20, 2014 4:24 pm

Going by these sums, and the gold I actually posses... I shall own all the things. And employ a major noble to work for me the next 10 years.

Izzifix

Back to top Go down

Post by Timna Tue May 20, 2014 5:48 pm

Dwyburn wrote:Going by these sums, and the gold I actually posses... I shall own all the things. And employ a major noble to work for me the next 10 years.

Exactly why I thought this might need a bump, haha.  Smile 
Timna
Timna

Character sheet
Name: Timna
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip Tue May 20, 2014 6:56 pm

Fun fact, TRP2 has a coin system implemented into their system, I'm not sure how it is used however I'm sure it could come useful for the majority of the realm since most on the Alliance uses that Addon.

Now, as for how to implement this into the realm, I think the best way to do this is to carefully nudge it onto the roleplayers, first setting up a pay day for everyone working in guilds like the Band of the Braves, the Freelancers, the Regiment, the Blazing Shield and other places.

This might make people more interested in this new way of using money.

The salery would be payed through TRP2, if they don't have TRP2 I'm not really sure what to do about it.

On TRP2 there is a notepad where you can write down personal stuff that only you can read, you can use that to note down the payment on everyone in your guild, or you could create a book in GHI which is as easy as slicing a cake with a chainsaw.

To help people understand this system, simply create a GHI scroll/book for other to read through it, something that is simple to read and easy to understand for everyone.

This is how I would approach this idea and I'm sure there are many other, maybe easier ways to approach it.
Littlepip
Littlepip

Character sheet
Name: Littlepip
Title: Runemage

http://the-adventures-of-roleplay.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Officer High Morale Tue May 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Ariel wrote:Fun fact, TRP2 has a coin system implemented into their system, I'm not sure how it is used however I'm sure it could come useful for the majority of the realm since most on the Alliance uses that Addon.

Now, as for how to implement this into the realm, I think the best way to do this is to carefully nudge it onto the roleplayers, first setting up a pay day for everyone working in guilds like the Band of the Braves, the Freelancers, the Regiment, the Blazing Shield and other places.

This might make people more interested in this new way of using money.

The salery would be payed through TRP2, if they don't have TRP2 I'm not really sure what to do about it.

On TRP2 there is a notepad where you can write down personal stuff that only you can read, you can use that to note down the payment on everyone in your guild, or you could create a book in GHI which is as easy as slicing a cake with a chainsaw.

To help people understand this system, simply create a GHI scroll/book for other to read through it, something that is simple to read and easy to understand for everyone.

This is how I would approach this idea and I'm sure there are many other, maybe easier ways to approach it.

I second this.

Officer High Morale

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Tue May 20, 2014 8:17 pm

I think you underestimate how many RPers on Defias use MRP instead of TRP2.

Also, slicing a cake with a chainsaw is easy, yes, but it's also messy as hell. Which makes your analogy even more appropriate for what you're trying to do.

Last edited by Ixirar/Kavalis on Tue May 20, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanara Tue May 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Ixirar/Kavalis wrote:I think you underestimate how many RPers on Defias use MRP instead of TRP2.

I used MRP, then switched to TRP2, then disabled half of the TRP2 features because they're fucking terrible. Still using TRP2, mind, but only for the nice-looking RSPs - the rest can fuck off.
Sanara
Sanara

Character sheet
Name: Farseer Sanara of Ver Ager
Title: Matriarch of Ere Argus

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Ariel wrote:Now, as for how to implement this into the realm, I think the best way to do this is to carefully nudge it onto the roleplayers, first setting up a pay day for everyone working in guilds like the Band of the Braves, the Freelancers, the Regiment, the Blazing Shield and other places.
The Band of the Brave will never implement any guild policies that require mandatory AddOns.

We usually handle money in vague descriptions, like "A Chest of Gold". I don't like to use the financial scale suggested in this thread, because I think it is too far removed from the actual in-game economy.

I think only very few people like to role-play micromanaging their money.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed May 21, 2014 5:27 am

Generally the "A Chest of Gold" a "Pouch of coins" "the set amount of money" is far smarter when roleplaying in WoW.
Since the game mechanical gold (which is just insanely fucking silly) and the gold of level 1 through 30 are so out of touch with one another. The latter being far more satisfying levels for roleplay imo but just. Untenable when everyone at max level has at least 1k gold unless they activly make sure they don't.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vaell Wed May 21, 2014 12:38 pm

It's better to just avoid talking about money. The in game gold system is definitely not built for role-play. Picking five plants for a random hermit could earn you 15g which, in the game, would be enough to prevent starvation in westfall if you bought a shit tonne of bread.
Vaell
Vaell

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelos Wed May 21, 2014 1:41 pm

And yet, we spend it to enchant your jewel-encrusted golden weapons to make them marginally more better at killing.

Truly, the player characters are Azeroth's 1%.
Thelos
Thelos

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Wed May 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Or game mechancis gold are just not representative of lore gold. Since then the poorest schmucks in Pandaria or Uldum are richer than the elites of Elwyn and Stormwind and have hundreds of more goldmines hidden around than Westfall and Elwynn.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaryl Wed May 21, 2014 7:57 pm

my economic roleplay usually resolves around this tenant: Enough to do what I want or too little so I can do what I want.

Amaryl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ixirar Wed May 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Amaryl wrote:my economic roleplay usually resolves around this tenant: Enough to do what I want or too little so I can do what I want.

Thisx100
Ixirar
Ixirar

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Sat May 31, 2014 8:01 pm

Although I think I stepped away from thinking that quantifying RP is a good idea, you might consider this (much newer) thread I made on the same topic: http://www.defiasrp.com/t3695-financial-role-play
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Tethos Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:19 am

Melnerag, dont know who you are in game, but i think the work you did here is absolutely amazing... really standing ovations from me. Makes pricing things so much easier. The chart is gonna help me alot. Good job!

Tethos

Back to top Go down

Post by Demurral Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:27 am

Bumping this up, for Economy and Justice!
Demurral
Demurral

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Bump for justice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2