Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] The Broken Sword

4 posters

Go down

[A] The Broken Sword Empty [A] The Broken Sword

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:50 pm

IC:
-Spoken by Creuniac Gryphonheart infront of countless of people gathered inside the Stormwind Cathedral, encouraging them to join forces and become a part of the Sovereign Military Order of the Broken Sword

"Men and women of the Alliance: Urged by necessity, I, Crueniac Gryphonheart, Grand Master of the Broken Sword have come into these parts as an ambassador with an urgent admonition to you.
I hoped to find you as faithful and as zealous in the service of the Alliance as I had supposed you to be and I have yet to be disappointed.

Since the Orcs first stepped through the Dark Portal you have endured three dark decades of bloodshed and slaughter. The blood of every race on this planet has been spilt to satisfy the Horde’s burning desire for conquest and war.
Should we roll over and show out belly, prostrating ourselves before aggression as the appeasers would have us do? How many thousands of our countrymen and allies have died on the fields of Azeroth roaring in defiance of such a future? I for one will never betray them.

The Lion of Azeroth is dead, his sword broken, and his lieutenant, Turalyon, lost through the Dark Portal. Their example has guided me through decades of war, an example of self sacrifice and loyalty, one any soldier can identify with.
I am here today to ask each of you to swear your sword to the banner they raised. To stand with me on those rainy nights, sword and shield in hand looking again and again towards the Eastern horizon, waiting for the sun to rise and battle to start.

For courage is not in the absence of fear, but in the absence of surrender. Every one of you needs to ask yourselves, will you surrender your courage this day, capitulate yourself before foreign invaders and the foulest undead?
Or will you set such an example that from this day till the end of time you will be remembered as the ones who took the responsibility upon themselves, to sacrifice everything so that future generations would not have to."

Last edited by Nilda/Sharyssa/Najwah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet
Name: Skytalon/Duskeye
Title: Archer/Pyromancer

Back to top Go down

[A] The Broken Sword Empty Re: [A] The Broken Sword

What -is- the Broken Sword? That doesn't sound very promising as a Knightly order?
Let me tell you what this symbol stands for, what the story behind this guild is and where the idea was taken from.:

The Broken Sword, an object turned ideal and legacy that anyone familiar with the history of the Alliance has heard of, even if they’ve forgotten it.

Lord Anduin Lothar, Supreme Commander of the Alliance, led the armies of the Alliance during the Second War liberating much of Azeroth and Khaz Modan, allying himself with Muradin and Brann Bronzebeard, before eventually breaching the Black Morass itself.

The Assault on Blackrock Spire was perhaps the greatest battle in Azeroth’s history, a victory for the Alliance tarnished only by the loss of Azeroth’s greatest warrior. Seperated from his army and ambushed by Orcs the Lion of Azeroth fell in single combat to the Orc Warchief Orgrim Doomhammer and the Great Royal Sword of Stormwind, pledged to defend Azeroth, cloven in two.

It was General Turalyon, Lothar’s Lieutenant, who recovered his friend’s body, picked up the broken sword and rallied the armies of the Alliance to victory over the Horde, driving the Orcs back to the Dark Portal.

Years later when the portal reopened General Turalyon lead the Alliance Expeditionary Force to Draenor in an attempt to stop the Orcish Shaman Ner’Zhul from opening yet more portals. After a frustrating chase they proved unsuccessful, dozens more portals were opened and Ner’zhul escaped.

With magical energies tearing the planet apart Turalyon ordered the Dark Portal to be closed, willing to sacrifice himself and his men to protect Azeroth. The great General and the heroes who went with him were memorialized for their sacrifice in the Valley of Heroes, his stone statue still bearing Lothar’s broken sword.

Lothar and Turalyon both aggressively advocated taking the fight to the enemy, unwilling to surrender the initiative, a philosophy the Order shares. The Knights, men-at-arms and auxiliaries of the Order metaphorically carry that sword with them as they follow the example of two great men, sacrificing everything they have for the chance of a better world.

Last edited by Nilda/Sharyssa/Najwah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

OOC:
Who are we, what do we do, what are we going to do.

Was formed by two guilds merging into one, those two guilds are The Dieudonne Seal and Argent Crusade, ever since the merge more people have joined our ranks and boosted our numbers.
With this guild we wanted to create an enviroment where our members can fully develop an rp-style most suitable to their character while still keeping the setting of fighting for glory, fighting for the Alliance.

But as any other Knightly order we do not only harbor Knights and Soldiers, there is much more to it, much more needed to become an Order that can operate entirely on its own.
For the greatest part we shall provide training and battles, moving to locations where our aid is needed to fight against recent threats to the Alliance, yet we stand on our own.
We are planning to expand the guild in such ways that side-events can be created in order to please all of our members and their character they play in our ranks.

Let me give a few examples of this. Obviously everyone is familiar with Soldiers and Knights, the discipline and the ranks provided for a military branch of a guild in this setting, yet we wish to expand this further once we gain the players and numbers to be able to do such.

We are keeping the ooc guildranks as neutral as possible to suit each role one provides in the Broken Sword while ic'ly a more detailed rank can be given that will mark the position of our members.
Aside from the obvious battleforce we need to actually show our worth on the battlefield we also need those who can provide us with anything an Order with this size can possibly need.
That means Engineers, Farmers, Medics, Armorsmiths, Tailors, etc etc .. everything is possible with us! Once we are able to recruit more people into said positions we will be able to rp situations where we will work together to set up a base, consult eachother and what is needed to actually be as succesfull as possible. Perhaps even create very expanded sub-groups for each aspect of ones professions with small side-events

I could go on about the endless possibilities of the rp that can be provided within our guild but why not come look for yourself? Come by and say hello, meet our variety of members and the several different personalities, classes and races. In the end we all fight and work for the same goal, for the same reasons and next to eachother we remain equals.

Last edited by Nilda/Sharyssa/Najwah on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Who do I contact for more information?

You can contact any officer ingame, most of the time there is atleast one of us around:
Creuniac, Genevieve, Kaeden, Eloresh, Amott, Nilda

these are the names of our current officer-team, you can also visit our forums if you wish to read up on the guild, currently we are working towards adding more information so outsiders can find everything they need on the boards.

http://dbmergeforum.org/index.php

We are around to answer any questions you might have regarding the guild and/or our rp.
Currently we are working towards a steady and reliable guild for everyone that decides to join, considering we only have formed a few weeks ago this can be a very hard job as we already have a fairly large memberbase to please while we learn to work together and are searching a good startingpoint for everything we are planning.
Only with cooperation and constant support from not only our officers but our members aswell we will be able to make this guild one of many on this server that have earned respect and is valued by the others.

Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Was waiting for this, was wondering who da fawk ye were IC now. But, what made all the Argents stop being Argent? And Dieudonne Family private army is now a part of The Broken Sword right, does it still exist a seperate group?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Turn off the bold text, woman! It looks atrocious.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloresh Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Perturbo wrote:Was waiting for this, was wondering who da fawk ye were IC now. But, what made all the Argents stop being Argent? And Dieudonne Family private army is now a part of The Broken Sword right, does it still exist a seperate group?

It was a decision I took myself. For several IC and even more OOC reasons.

OOCly perhaps you can say that I lost all the officers that had started the guild with me, each one for their own and several reasons (some ones wanted to make their own guild, others just stopped playing... ). I started to talk with Kaeden, one of the guild leaders as well, about what would hypothetically his character do, and what guild would he lead himself, and I felt myself that such situation, was what interested me most. So yeah... here we are ^^
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:24 pm

Some of the Crusaders (Especially those who were under the Command of Eloresh Silversmith) decided to take their focus on threats bigger than the scourge. The Dieudonne's 'army' is no longer, and both the soldiers from Argent Crusade and Dieudonne has joined together under one banner.

^that xD
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:22 pm

And how did those other guys, Kaedan and Creuniac come into it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharyssa/Adenah Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:31 pm

They came with the idea and adressed several orders if they would have interest in joining
Originally more guilds have been asked but only two made the change/merge Smile
Sharyssa/Adenah
Sharyssa/Adenah

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:35 am

Vote for change! Join the Broken Sword now!
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down