Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick McCoy

+6
Antistia
Braiden
Gunnell
Yarnaat
Gogol
Ephitos / Amarachus
10 posters

Go down

Nick McCoy Empty Nick McCoy

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:34 pm

I'd like to organize a small trial for my character Nick McCoy, for the abduction of a Seal, throwing petrol bombs inside the Command Center, attacking officers and what-not.

Basically I'd like a harsh punishment to be given so his "Street Rep" goes up.
Is this possible with his capture?
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Nick McCoy Empty Re: Nick McCoy

Post by Gogol Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:06 pm

You know, the gallows aint gona earn you any street rep, at least not the kind you be looking for.
Gogol
Gogol

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:07 pm

Didn't mean death, maybe a whipping in public, lashings. Something fun.
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Yarnaat Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:11 pm

To be honest I'd say your "Street rep" would go down, not up, if you should be caught by the guards and humiliated in public by them.
Yarnaat
Yarnaat

Character sheet
Name: Yarnaat
Title: Vindicator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Good criminals don't get caught.

Frankly if the Guards had any genre saviness about them they'd just gun the guy down or run a sword thorugh him to prevent 'another' person from randomly attacking authority for no better reason than "imma bad gai".

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Braiden Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Actually petty tugs should be getting caught and punished. It's not like every criminal out there should be a mastermind.

Tough I would like to put a little reminder here on this one, getting lashed can and should in many cases result in permanent muscle injury. I'd be willing to help you setup trial and punishment tough.

Last edited by Braiden on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Braiden
Braiden

Character sheet
Name: Braiden Mistmantle
Title: Count ಠ_ರೃ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah but if every criminal is too good to ever get caught and never makes mistakes then not alot will happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:14 pm

Braiden wrote:Actually petty tugs should be getting caught and punished. It's not like every criminal out there should be a mastermind.

Lobbing explosives at law enforcement personnel isn't exactly something your 'petty thug' does either. Maybe throw a punch at them from time to time sure, but not doing something that would be deemed as a terrorist act and in turn; treason (time of war and all that)/attempted murder/arson.

We're in a time of war, the Defias are on the rise again and there are scores of homeless now turning desperate. Chances are they'd just have the guy strung up at best if they had time on their hands.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:21 pm

True, explosives shouldn't be seen as a minor thing, or an easy thing to aquire, especially when the technology of WoW is supposed to be really bad and it's more likely your explosive will go wrong and do more damage to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Gunnell wrote:
Braiden wrote:Actually petty tugs should be getting caught and punished. It's not like every criminal out there should be a mastermind.

Lobbing explosives at law enforcement personnel isn't exactly something your 'petty thug' does either. Maybe throw a punch at them from time to time sure, but not doing something that would be deemed as a terrorist act and in turn; treason (time of war and all that)/attempted murder/arson.

Actually you're not completely correct. Indeed it is not what a petty thief and such do. Yet a petrol bomb is like a molotov cocktail, actually it is the same according to wordnet.web (developed under the oversight of a professor from Princeton). Are you implying rioters who make use of molotov cocktails are terrorists? I'd say they're not terrorists like the IRA, Al Qaeda, AQAP, Al Shabaab etc, etc.

Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet
Name: Antistia
Title: Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:29 pm

Antistia wrote:
Gunnell wrote:

Actually you're not completely correct. Indeed it is not what a petty thief and such do. Yet a petrol bomb is like a molotov cocktail, actually it is the same according to wordnet.web (developed under the oversight of a professor from Princeton). Are you implying rioters who make use of molotov cocktails are terrorists? I'd say they're not terrorists like the IRA, Al Qaeda, AQAP, Al Shabaab etc, etc.

Different instances. If you get a riot situation and various people are tossing them it comes under Public Order because there are just so many people you have to try and control.

On the other hand if there is a lone fellow, walking into a building, lighting an incendary and throwing it at personnel you'd have a terrorist act. Looking away from modern law for a moment, its even more likely the guards would make that distinction between a large crowd and a single guy they'd just run through with a sword for constantly trying to kill them not to mention just how damned repetative it must be for the characters themselves dealing with "I attack guards because my guy is bad and a criminal".

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Gunnell wrote:
Antistia wrote:
Gunnell wrote:

Different instances. If you get a riot situation and various people are tossing them it comes under Public Order because there are just so many people you have to try and control.

On the other hand if there is a lone fellow, walking into a building, lighting an incendary and throwing it at personnel you'd have a terrorist act.

And you know for sure from what we have read here it is the latter...How? It is implied but it could just as well been done during a riot. Anyway, one must look at the circumstances, yes.

Though I'd also like to point out that various people who have thrown molotov cocktails at houses of private individuals haven't been indicted under charges of terrorism but under charges of arson and wilfully damage of property. It's not entirely relevant but I'd like to point it out as it makes a blurry line even blurrier.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:49 pm

I wouldn't personally call a petrol bomb a terrorist charge unless it was used for precise means. Lobbing it at the police, that's rioting, placing it in a school yard, that's terrorism.

Also off topic a bit Antistia, I was readin' your signature, quoting Bush? Daughter, I am disappoint. I enjoy the other two though.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Seranita Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:56 pm

oh funn another one attacking guards best go get my padded clothes on *waits to be hit*

(those who know me will understand why i say that XD )
Seranita
Seranita

Character sheet
Name: Monrena
Title: Trainee Vindicator/engeneer

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:56 pm

Anaei/Marilissia/Vezullia wrote:I wouldn't personally call a petrol bomb a terrorist charge unless it was used for precise means. Lobbing it at the police, that's rioting, placing it in a school yard, that's terrorism.

Also off topic a bit Antistia, I was readin' your signature, quoting Bush? Daughter, I am disappoint. I enjoy the other two though.

To be honest, I do not quite like Bush. Yet I believe those words to be true, and I believe he has a genuine dislike of tyranny, which I share. Apart from that it's not an endorsement of his views, not at all. Wink

I find it all very vague, but that is probably because what constitutes a terrorist act is not extremely well defined if you ask me.
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Oh lookie here, another thug who has listened to too much RATM. Enjoy your 10 minutes of fame.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Antistia Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:06 pm

RATM?
Antistia
Antistia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Rage against the machine I assume.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Rage against the machine, yes.
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Geneviève Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:36 pm

As others have already pointed out there are issues that may stop such an event going ahead. However the Seal have held a few small trials which have been a great success from an OOC perspective.

If you’ve not been put off please speak to me in game and we can try and work something out.
Geneviève
Geneviève

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephitos / Amarachus Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Not put off at all, I would like my character to be lashed and fined. Watched and restricted, in fact this will make things more fun for me, and this will potentially create a more watchful Seal organization. Thank you for the opinions and posts. <3
Ephitos / Amarachus
Ephitos / Amarachus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum