Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pt. 3 "The Red Order"

Go down

Pt. 3 "The Red Order" Empty Pt. 3 "The Red Order"

Post by Rakshine/Vect Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Pt. 3. "The Red Order"

After the horrible nightmare, I found myself out of breath and leaning on my arms at the side of my bed. I was thinking heavily on what I saw in my dream. Of course, I had doubts in my mind, but those soon disapeared. Deep inside, I knew that what I saw, had happened for real. Dear gods, my family, my father, mother and little sister. Why did they have to die like that! By those damn Undead. A moment later there was a knock on the door.

"Are you alright sir, I heard screaming".

Must have been the landlord.

"Yes,,, just a bad dream", saying that, almost out of breath.

Hearing footsteps going down, I stood up and got my ragged clothes on, leaving the room and going downstairs. I stood by the bar counter, looking around how people have passed out from the massive drinking, or just fallen asleep. It was nice and quiet at that hour, but now, because of my yell.. people started to wake up, ranting about how that Idiot should of hold his mouth shut.

"Give me the strongest you got" I muttered, half awake.

"That will be three silver then", and the barman took a cup, cleaned it up and filled it with Bourbon.

Noding and knowing that I couldn't pay for it, I drank it all. But then, that man who was talking with the Scarlet earlier said:

"On the Order. You scream so loud, that you could wake up the dead", he grinned, without showing much emotions.

I tried to ignore him, but the drink he sort of bought me right now, insisted that I'd say something. I turned my head and looked at him. He had this short mustache reaching to his chin-beard, as well as these shoulder length dark brown hair.

"What did the scarlet want from you?" I asked quietly, and turned my gaze to the drink again.

"Nothing really. I act as a diplomat to the Order, even tho I ain't legally in the Order" He snickered.

A diplomat? Now that I think of it, he did have this fancy look on him. He got this sly smirk on his face, as if knowing what im thinking.

"You probably hate Scarlets as well, but their Order is the only one that goes up North the most, while the others put around on what to do with the Horde!", he said, almost spiting out the words.

From that sentence he seemed agrivated, but soon calmed down as he took a sip from his cup and continued.

"Tell you what, by the look of you, you're either poor, desperate or not from around here, that-..." I interrupted him.

"What,,, will it take, to join the Crusade?" I asked quietly, finishing my drink.

Right then, I already got the feeling of people glaring at me. They seem to hate those that even talk with the Scarlet Order.

"You seem eager, good, good. By talking with you, I get this feeling that you'll do good in the Order. Then come to Stormwind City, right in front of the Trade District. The Highlord will see to the new recruits there." he said loudly.

The man finished his drink, stood up and started heading to the exit. Before he left he looked at me.

"You have five hours to get there. If I were you, id start going right away." he said in a annoying tone as he bowed and left.

Then the people around the room started whispering on how I'm going to die and other bad things. But what did I have to loose right? I ran upstairs and gathered my things, not that I had any, only a satchel and a small vest. Last thing I remembered getting was another -Treat- from the bartender, a flask of water and a hunk of cornbread.

"On the... Order" He whispered.

I thanked him and headed out, towards Stormwind, leaving Goldshire behind. Some four hours in to the trip, I could see the cliff side with massive stone walls filling the cap.

"Stormwind City i persume? And the last bastion of Humanity..." and I sighed as I approached the gates.

There were a lot of caravans going in and out of the City gates. On the walls, constant patrols of bowmen, ready to repel any attack. Next to the walls, siege engines, like Ballistae, and people dueling, sparring or just training.

As I entered the City, I got a awe-inspiring view of the so called Valley of Heroes. Just by looking at the statues, one like me would of liked to become like them... a memory of the past, remembered only by a gigantic statue.

Last edited by Rakshine/Vect on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rakshine/Vect
Rakshine/Vect

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Pt. 3 "The Red Order" Empty Re: Pt. 3 "The Red Order"

Post by Rakshine/Vect Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Valley of Heroes in Stormwind City. A massive memorial alley to those that went to Draenor and were never heard from again. As I stood at this bridge, connecting the inner gates with the outer ones, i Couldn't help myself but to look around. Under the bridge, as well canal openings filled with water. There was even a lonely fisherman.

As I moved my eyes across the mote, I noticed a small Island like place with one inhabitant. It looked like a frail creature with blue skin color, horns and even hooves.

"Where have I seen her kind before.." I muttered to myself.

The time flew by fast. Now my attention was turned to the statues. One name, Khadgar, got inbeded in my mind. He was said to be a student of Medivhs and was lost when the exhibitionary force was sent to Outland. Why the name stuck with me, i think it was a plant of some sorts.

Bells started ringing at Stormwinds Cathedral, five times in total. My thoughts reemerged to one again when I realised that I am late. I started running towards the gates, noticing soldiers at the side of the bridge, kneeling, as if someone important had passed.

When I got to the Trade District, I imediately spot the Scarlet Crusade. Red armor, intimidating looks and the flaming rose symbol. They weren't even trying to hide themselves. I approached the group and a soldier started talking with me.

"What business do you have here" he asked in a rather low voice from under his bucket like helmet.

"I..." hesitating for a moment.

"I want to join the Order" and I fell silent.

The soldier nodded and told me to stand in line with the other recruits. I did as he told me and I joined the others. In front of us stood another of the Orders men. He had this red winged helmet and almost full golden armor.

"Ahh, the last one arrived, a bit late, but alright" he said in a low and calm tone.

"My name is Darothar Lighthammer. I am the Highlord of the Scarlet Crusade Loyalists."

And to think that I kept him waiting. My chances to join became more slim, so I decided to keep my mouth shut for now. But it seemed like the other recruits didn't have that in mind. They started jabbering and asking all kinds of questions, but that was short lived.

"You lot will speak when spoken to!" that first soldier spat his words out in anger.

Just as that, Darothar raised his hand and the soldier turned quiet.

"That, over there is our Orders Champion", and he pointed at the soldier.

Everyone turned their heads at the Champion. He was wearing this bladed armor and he looked like he was more of a demon than a man with the four glowing eyed helmet. He also had this massive axe, Orcish, by the looks of the design.

Some of us swallowed our spit hard then and I thought that he would be the death of us all. We turned our heads and looks at Darothar again.

"Before you will say anything, I will give a short explanation. We are not like the Order up North and we won't kill without a reason," talking in a calm tone, he peered over our heads.

He started to talk about how Alexandros Mograine was betrayed by his son, The Ashbringers legacy and some sort of a Civil War between the Crusaders. When he stopped, most of the story he had told me was already forgot. Darothar quietly peering over the recruits turned to me.

"Starting with you," pointing at me.

"One by one, your name and why you want to join us".

"Rakshine, Rakshine Andore sir" and I explained how my family died and my lust for vengance.

"So, revenge is your goal is it? Just one quick question. What will you do if a Orc came your way, wielding a basket of flowers" he asked rather quickly.

"I'd kill without a doubt, Horde is a Horde... sir"

"So filled with anger..." he muttered quietly.

"Did you not listen to what I said back there then? How we won't kill unless there is a cause to it, other than your own hatred? The Horde looks after themselves, just as we do, they ain't the enemy!" Darothar said out loudly and I knew my chances turned from slim to none. I had to think fast.

"Then maybe,, I could learn to think differently, other than revenge, in the Crusade" I said quietly.

The Highlord nodded and turned to the other recruits, asking the same thing. Couple of hours passed and the questioning was over. By now, other curious people had gathered around us, to see what the commotion was about. Darothar started calling out names. One by one the new recruits, men and women, joined the Champions side. It was either now, or never.

"And,, Rakshine Andore. Please join the Champions side" he said last.

I Couldn't believe it myself as I joined him. I lost my thinking back then, but when I saw the number of people being rejected and that only seven of us got accepted, I felt lucky. From that day forth, I became a soldier of the Scarlet Crusade. But it seemed that the Highlord wasn't finished with us yet.

"Tomorrow, exactly at then bells, there will be a gathering in front of the City gates. We will go on a couple of training exercises to see if you could survive the future perils. Dismissed!" he announced in a loud voice. Nodding at the Champion, he joined his side and they walked off.

"So, now for a trial eh..." I mumbled to myself and looked at the other recruits as they celebrated for being initiated to the Order. Somehow I knew, that our numbers will thin out quick. We decided to head to the tavern and keep celebrating.

Hours passed fast and so did the drinks. From exhaustion and a bit of drunkednes, I passed out.

I found myself in the dream world again..
Rakshine/Vect
Rakshine/Vect

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down