Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Koi

4 posters

Go down

Ghost Koi Empty Ghost Koi

Post by Jayse Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:28 am

"Play game.. yes?.. No?"

"Must choose.. Live?.. Die?.."

"Strange Task.. not kill.. hurt others.. force leave.."

"Impossible choice.. hesitate.. to late.."

"Must decide.. Tick-Tock Tick-Tock.."

Her voice resound in his head as clear as the moment the words were spoken. A voice so innocent, coy.. dripping from venomsoaked lips.. throttling his concience.

"West.. you cannot serve in your conditon. The Elders and I have decided to grant you unconditional leave. Your duties will remain overseen in your absence.. Just take a damn rest and if I see you back before I decide you're ready.. I'll throw you in the stockades myself.. am I clear?" Master Shaw made it quite clear. Although spoken in a jovial yet serious tongue. Jayse knew full well he wouldn't think twice about locking him in a cell if it meant he would be forced to rest. "Now pack a bag.. and take a break.. I don't care where you go.."

The eastern kingdoms were stifling, Stormwind had slipped from a caring wife to a bitter mistress demanding so much from him. His time, resolve and on many occasion his own blood. His underestimation of the Sphere cult had resulted in him carrying the burden of a scorned leg. Every limp reminded him, it was so painful but he refused to show weakness. After everything he'd become, moulded with company, hardship and self realisation it would be his modest pride and self-respect remaning unchanged. The smile on his face as the boat neared the shores of Teldrassil spoke more words then he could hope to muster.

It had been two weeks since Jayse arrived in Darnassus to a mixed reception. A stranger seeking refuge, injured, speaking thier language with a simple expressive request to remain at peace. Innitial distrust of his motives was clear from the looks he recieved, contempt and scrutiny hung heavy in the air during the first week. Yet, he'd felt almost oblivious to the piercing stares and increased presence of the sentinels, shadowing his movements. The city itself was as he'd remembered it, so much life resting within tranquil glades with almost no care for the hostilities of the outside world. Much of his time had been spent simply sitting in the Temple Gardens, here he could think, he could breathe and with any shred of luck.. he could hopefully simply be himself. A luxury most take for granted..

He had acheived so much in little time, being himself. He was well versed in the customs of the Kaldorei, and holding nothing less then the highest admiration. His gestures carried with respect and due care to anyone he met, innitialy most would offer him a look and contiue on thier way. But slowly.. he was gaining aquiring curiosity. One and two passing conversations a day built to spending much time talking with now smiling faces about Elune, his attire and what life was like back in the Eastern Lands. For one of the first times in his life was feeling very much welcome, among those with a simmilar outlook he'd come to conclude. Granted a residence by the Darnassian Circle of Elders with the most incredible view across the soft indigo's and greenery of his sanctuary..

And for the briefest moment he smiled. Sitting crosslegged on a quiet bank in the Temple Gardens. A blue figure remaining motionless, breathing it all in. His eyes drawn to a shoal of Koi gliding silently ahead through lilys on the water. This peace.. this calm.. had become a deceptive veil. For within this utopia, lay an ever present threat. A threat that reared it's head four nights past as he stood on the Terrace overlooking the city.

"Must decide.. Tick-Tock Tick-Tock.."

Of all the smiling faces, curiosity and goodwill shown. Someone wanted him to leave. His movements were being watched, his footsteps shadowed and the people he met became targets. Three lay dead and if it were not for quick thinking the speaker Nithel Skyshadow would have clamied title as the fourth..

He sighs quietly drawing a deep breath focused on the crystal blue waters. The fish had spread apart from one, a single ghost koi flicked tail in a deft as if to meet his gaze for a long moment. The tranquility had become a staging ground for a twisted game of chess, it would only be a matter of time before this invisible opponent would make thier next move.. But when you cannot read the face, you cannot remain two steps ahead..

He could only wait, and pray he could act quick enough. He was clearly being played in a game in which every pawn claimed would be bought with blood.

Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Ghost Koi Empty Re: Ghost Koi

Post by Valerias Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 am

Never a dull moment in the life of mister Jayse Ravenwest! I really enjoyed this one... the mixture of his thoughts on Darnassus and the elves, the glimpse of almost having some peace, but then all the way through knowing something's actually wrong beneath the surface.

More stories please!!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Lovely story and well written as always. Moar!
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowpope Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I demand more, and i demand it now! Twisted Evil
Shadowpope
Shadowpope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content