Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind and Cataclysm? (spoilers)

+10
Flo
Nithel
Ledgic
Lavian
Gallandria
Jomir
Zinkle Figgins
Magaskawee/Anaei
Cathee Norris
Melnerag
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stormwind and Cataclysm? (spoilers) Empty Stormwind and Cataclysm? (spoilers)

Post by Melnerag Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:52 pm

The city is Changing a lot. Park being destroyed is an obvious and somewhat 'proper' change, but what of other matters? Council Rooms gone, walls near SI:7 and CC, new pavement, whole area behind Cathedral, changes to the keep etc etc etc...

Shall we pretend the city was -always- like that, or try to RP out/make those changes ICly in one way or another? I can imagine King&Council initializing Monumental Building to celebrate victory against the Lich King after all!

So, your ideas?

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Stormwind and Cataclysm? (spoilers) Empty Re: Stormwind and Cataclysm? (spoilers)

Post by Cathee Norris Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Hmm good questions. I think I'd be more for changing with the time as it comes. There has been plenty a RP at all the spots that gets changed or removed so, it doesn't make much sense to just forget all that. What I think would be for the better, is to figure out what big parts gets changed, how it looks and then go on about RPing that the City is being reconstructed according to how the City itself evolves.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Stormwind and Cataclysm? (spoilers) Empty Re: Stormwind and Cataclysm? (spoilers)

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:06 pm

I believe that there is a pre-planned event before CAtaclysm is released that will see Deathwing attack stormwind, he destroyed that park in one fell swoop. Who says that the pictures depicting Stormwind ablaze hold no truth?
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:16 pm

We'll remain in the Dwarven District, hoping OOCers prefer remaining in the Trade District or using other capitals.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet
Name: Razgash Gronnbane
Title: Warbringer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:34 pm

It will be a true test of certain guilds ability to adapt and advance in light of the changes.
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Hope OTS manage to find somwhere to setup. Since the blade is getting removed D:
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm

Sophyra wrote:The city is Changing a lot. Park being destroyed is an obvious and somewhat 'proper' change, but what of other matters? Council Rooms gone, walls near SI:7 and CC, new pavement, whole area behind Cathedral, changes to the keep etc etc etc...

Shall we pretend the city was -always- like that, or try to RP out/make those changes ICly in one way or another? I can imagine King&Council initializing Monumental Building to celebrate victory against the Lich King after all!

So, your ideas?

No it is not. Flipped to the left side instead. And well how we RP it out should be depending on how blizzard plan to do the pre-events, doubt it will happen all overnight. Razz
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Veia/Aylisha wrote:Hope OTS manage to find somwhere to setup. Since the blade is getting removed D:

It's just been moved, it's on the otherside of the tram. Just means we'll set up shop there and either RP the move, or act as though it's always been there. Not quite made up our minds yet.

With regards to the whole city, there was those couple of RP'ers that came to a council meeting RP'ing architects, so, it can be assumed IC'ly that work will have been at least started by now, possibly?
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nithel Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:34 am

Zinkle Figgins wrote:We'll remain in the Dwarven District, hoping OOCers prefer remaining in the Trade District or using other capitals.
Dwarven district is getting an Auction House and bank. So that'll be tougher than it was.

Nithel

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:23 am

Nithel wrote:
Zinkle Figgins wrote:We'll remain in the Dwarven District, hoping OOCers prefer remaining in the Trade District or using other capitals.
Dwarven district is getting an Auction House and bank. So that'll be tougher than it was.

We think the majority of OOCers will stay away, because:

1) Ironforge is closer to Gilneas and Tol Barad
2) Darnassus is closer to Mount Hyjal and other zones
3) Trade District is closer to the flght path and the portals.
4) We RP there mostly during the evening or at night, when OOCers are raiding or whatever
5) We plan to mass report all those with silly names, <Guild names like this> and so on, and clean up the zone.

Also, fortunatly the street we use is not next to the AH, and in case OOCers 'trample' us we can easily move to the park nearby until they go away.
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:34 am

The command center been raped. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:53 am

Zinkle Figgins wrote:==

Also, fortunatly the street we use is not next to the AH, and in case OOCers 'trample' us we can easily move to the park nearby until they go away.

You'll move to the obliterated park? D:

Mansfield \ Ath wrote:The command center been raped. :/

Looks far better, I would say for drills and exercises it'll make things better.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:03 am

Zinkle Figgins wrote:1) Ironforge is closer to Gilneas and Tol Barad
2) Darnassus is closer to Mount Hyjal and other zones
3) Trade District is closer to the flght path and the portals.
4) We RP there mostly during the evening or at night, when OOCers are raiding or whatever
You're aware that the portal hub to the new zones is right behind the Dwarven District? Actually the only thing that the Trade District has going for it is the Flightpath; opposed to, say, relative close access to the Honor Vendors, the King, new zone portals and most importantly: the anvils. I'm afraid that the Dwarven district will become the new vocal point of Stormwind, really :/

Flo
Flo

Character sheet
Name: Sanaje
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:12 am

I am sure that zones like Park will have a story going for them, but I doubt other changes like extension of Stormwind northwards, alterations to the keep, new tiles, new CC&SI;7 will have any story connected to them. Although we did see Blizzard actually make a story for the Harbor, so nobody knows how much they are comitted to making sense Very Happy

I did some 'experiments' to check just how drastic the changes are.
Right now Royal Art Gallery is right avove the Dwarven Hall. In Cataclysm, royal gallery is replaced by the lawn on the 'street level'. This means that new architects have blased away a chunk of the keep, cut Dwarven Hall down to size, and spread out a park there Very Happy.

Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleric Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 am

Well, what about a huge spell misfiring and shifting reality? *eyes a certain bored mage*

Only it is irreversible.
Aleric
Aleric

Character sheet
Name: Sir Aleric Dylain
Title: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinkle Figgins Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:24 am

Anaei/Vezullia wrote:
Zinkle Figgins wrote:==

You'll move to the obliterated park? D:
I meant the whole new park behind the DD, with huts and farms, near the lake.
Sanaje wrote:You're aware that the portal hub to the new zones is right behind the Dwarven District? Actually the only thing that the Trade District has going for it is the Flightpath; opposed to, say, relative close access to the Honor Vendors, the King, new zone portals and most importantly: the anvils. I'm afraid that the Dwarven district will become the new vocal point of Stormwind, really :/

I'm hopeful. By the way, the portal should be in the island in the middle of the lake
Zinkle Figgins
Zinkle Figgins

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:01 pm

How about...we simply go into the past and tell VanCleef to build the city according to another plan!
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Aislin wrote:Well, what about a huge spell misfiring and shifting reality? *eyes a certain bored mage*

Only it is irreversible.

I take no responsibility for reality shifting or huge spells misfiring. Now destroy that filthy park district and rebuild it in the future as the Worgen one, Gilneas style!
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Well for those who lost homes and buildings they have settled in. I see a very simple option.
After Deathwing attacked the city: The guard regiments could probably not hold order properly if they were not shitting their own pants, and pillage and looting happened!

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:14 pm

The 'new portals'? There's only one. That's the one that takes you to the Maelstrom and it's on a wee island. A place no one can go to until I think 82 so it's not like people will camp about waiting to go in.

I stand by my original sentiment, Dalaran will remain as the main city.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Melnerag Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Shattrath beats Dalaran though, less people and less lag - same functionality! And I like the music more.
Melnerag
Melnerag

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:52 pm

Sophyra wrote:Shattrath beats Dalaran though, less people and less lag - same functionality! And I like the music more.

Correct, but Dalaran has Northrendz. And Shattrath is FER NOOBS! D:
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Wormhole Generator.. No Problem.

Shattrath, no Lag.. no problem.
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Ledgic/Omanos wrote:
Veia/Aylisha wrote:Hope OTS manage to find somwhere to setup. Since the blade is getting removed D:

It's just been moved, it's on the otherside of the tram. Just means we'll set up shop there and either RP the move, or act as though it's always been there. Not quite made up our minds yet.

With regards to the whole city, there was those couple of RP'ers that came to a council meeting RP'ing architects, so, it can be assumed IC'ly that work will have been at least started by now, possibly?

You sure you want to move there Sam? Very Happy It's been nerfed with no basement/more NPC's and shaman trainers etc.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ledgic Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Ovelia "Snow" Adair wrote:
Ledgic/Omanos wrote:

You sure you want to move there Sam? Very Happy It's been nerfed with no basement/more NPC's and shaman trainers etc.

Better than nothing at this stage. We'll see, anyway.
Ledgic
Ledgic

Character sheet
Name: Ledgic Kaden Caan
Title: Leader of The Old Town Syndicate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next