Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17)

+19
Gallandria
Rentarn
Jomir
Elloa
Ledgic
Mikasa
Helmheid/Mirianne
Arathoran
Millana
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Laphia
Gunnell
Lavian
Neyvin/Noxie
Magaskawee/Anaei
Zhakiri
Eloresh
Cathee Norris
Valerias
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17) Empty [A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17)

Post by Valerias Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:54 pm

On the seventeenth of September, Lord Elegost Dawnweaver, Dekaru of Arathor and protector of the Eastfields, is to marry Lady Amirah Andural of Alterac. As such, a day of festivities in Arathor has been planned to mark the occasion.

20:00 - The ceremony of marriage, to take place at the ancestral chapel in Stromgarde, presided over in two parts by Ancestral Priestess Anaei Trollbane and by Master Leothain of the Dawnweaver household. Formal attire/armour is appropriate.

21:00 - A great celebratory tournament will be held on Lord Dawnweaver's lands! Knights/contestants are asked to apply to Lord Dawnweaver or Lady Andural before the appointed day to enter the lists.

~22:30 - The feasting begins! The granaries of the Dawnweaver estate have been poured open and his men have been hunting for days to provide a great feast appropriate to such a momentous occasion. The guests can count on roasted boar and grouse, honey cakes, and best of all, flowing casks of mead.

[A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17) 5283_j10

And now some of the OOC information! We'd love this to be a big event, as we'll have plenty of space both outside the chapel for the wedding, and in the fields (we'll be using the Dabyrie farm in Arathor as the Dawnweaver estate) for the tournament.

There is a calendar event -- ask me for an invite if you like -- but you're also welcome to show up without a calendar invitation. A marriage feast and a great tournament would naturally draw people from all sorts of places, whether knights or queens or scum of the earth, so a long as you have an IC reason for showing up (and are willing to respect that this is an event that Elegost and I are putting a lot of planning into and not to muck it up), please come!

Also, the tournament mechanics (which Elegost sorted out, kudos to him). ICly, it's a typical (late) medieval joust on horseback with lances. For each pair of challengers, there will be up to three passes in which to unhorse your opponent. The winner goes on to the next round, until after the contest between the last two challengers, someone will be proclaimed the champion.

As far as it working game-wise, there will be a 'referee' to have a quick OOC chat with each pair of contestants before their joust. Based on the strength/skill of the two, they'll agree on who's going to win; if they judge themselves to be of equal skill or prefer to leave it to chance, than a simple roll will decide. Then, as the actual IC joust happens, each pass can be made with a single emote and, hopefully, all will run both creatively and smoothly!

The feasting will be much more low-key and unscripted, allowing people to spread out and chat and drift off as they will. 'Gost and I have really been looking forward to making this event happen, so hopefully it will all provide for an entertaining evening for everyone!

Edit: Making a list of the current contenders for the tournament, to be updated as needed. The numbers are limited to sixteen, so please let me know as soon as you can if you're interested!

Sir Aleric Dylian
Sir Eloresh Silversmith
Sir Faralan Thorgint
Miss Noxie Skye
Sir Aarian Northlight
Sir Geldar Angelos
Sir Mikasa Angelos
Sir Rakshine Andore
Sir Bordas Gaze
Master James Ingram
Sir Olian Nithiladora
Miss Millana Dordian

Last edited by Aniane on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 7 times in total
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet
Name: 'Lady' Vale
Title: courtesan

Back to top Go down

[A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17) Empty Re: [A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17)

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:04 pm

If I am not in Sweden then, which seems very unlikely at this point, this sounds like an event to whip out the now rarely used Shar! Smile
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17) Empty Re: [A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17)

Post by Eloresh Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Sounds really really cool Aniane, I ain't going to miss this Smile
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Since I'll never get to RP out my own wedding, most likely, I will definately come and enjoy yours! Razz
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:18 pm

I better be performing the Arathorian part of that wedding.

*cracks her knuckles*
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Neyvin/Noxie Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Hawhaw, I'll be there Very Happy
Neyvin/Noxie
Neyvin/Noxie

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Sai, good, I miss Saihna! And what would all this be without the queen?

Eloresh and Nygarth, I surely hope you two'll be in the tournament!

Anaei, yes please xD

Nox, good 'cause someone needs to represent the Blade and make dirty jokes with the Arathorians, and Annie won't be there to do it -sniff-
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Helll naww, I'm going to watch it with my fiance, thank ye very much.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Nygarth wrote:

Helll naww, I'm going to watch it with my fiance, thank ye very much.

Great, I'll put your name down on the list.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:55 pm

You'll be disapointed, me'dear.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magaskawee/Anaei Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Don't listen to Nygarth the Betrayer. He is ditching us for 'life'.
Magaskawee/Anaei
Magaskawee/Anaei

Character sheet
Name: Magaskawee Grimtotem
Title: Elder Crone of the Banner of the Bloodhoof

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm

I am truely the spawn of all evil.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Wat is diz 'life'?
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:34 pm

I dunno, I think it's another MMORPG...Trying it on trial. ;P
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm totally there. Someone has to steal Elegost last moment!
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:11 pm

I would come...If Dellore wouldn't stand throwing attacks at me =o

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Aniane wrote:On the seventeenth of September, Lord Elegost Dawnweaver, Dank'thar of Arathor and protector of the Eastfields, is to marry Lady Amirah Andural of Alterac.

[A] Getting Married: Arathorian Style (September 17) THE+ROCK+BROW

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:21 pm

The irony entertains me as well, believe me. As it does Amirah. The first time she met Elegost all she did was sit there and insult him about being Arathorian.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Laphia Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 pm

I would love to attend on my lock.... i will whisper you ingame is that ok?
Laphia
Laphia

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Laphia wrote:I would love to attend on my lock.... i will whisper you ingame is that ok?

Please do! You'll probably find me on Aniane or Valerias.
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ehrfürchtige Bennedict Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:23 am

I heard the Disciples of Light had not received invites? :O
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict

Character sheet
Name: Bennedict Omarosand
Title: Sir, Disciple of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:28 am

I invited a couple of them! I'm just so bad with remembering who's who sometimes, but please consider -all- of the Disciples very much invited!
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Millana Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 am

I'd love to come, being Arathorian and all, but think I'll be busy that day :<
Millana
Millana

Back to top Go down

Post by Arathoran Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:07 pm

I'd be happy to show up as well. Smile
Arathoran
Arathoran

Character sheet
Name: Arathoran Dawnbringer
Title: Advisor to Eloresh Silversmith

Back to top Go down

Post by Valerias Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Awesome ^^

Also if you want to come and are interested in being part of the tournament, please just say so here or nudge me in-game! Women are welcome to participate as well -- it's WoW, after all, and if it wouldn't be rather out of place for the bride to be jousting my Amirah would be in there with the best of them -- and one doesn't have to be a knight either. Some familiarity with riding a horse might help though Wink
Valerias
Valerias

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next