Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter two – Memories of a deceased father.

Go down

Chapter two – Memories of a deceased father. Empty Chapter two – Memories of a deceased father.

Post by Eloresh Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Two days, only two days have passed and again I come across the damn crazy drunk storyteller. Where? In the back of the house. What a night must have passed that poor fool, it has not stopped raining and thundering all the night, I guess that's why Jacko has not noticed his presence until dawn and the storm dissipated.

I went through the door, and immediately Jacko began to sniff, surrounding the house and making us meet the man sleeping on the floor leaning against the stone wall. He was totally naked, with hands and mouth full of blood. What the hell did this crazy man do this time? I quickly went for a bucket to fill it with water to launch it at him and wake him up. When I returned, before throwing it, something caught my attention. His right arm, which I saw savagely bitten the other day, had completely healed. How can it be that in two days a wound has closed so well and so fast, I can’t explain it. I decided I didn’t want to know it at that moment, so I threw the bucket of water at him. The man woke up startled and disoriented. He didn’t know where he was, and after his reaction when he looked at himself, he didn’t even know that he was naked. He wondered about his situation, and I told him the location of the house.

The man looked at me as if expecting me to tell him what had happened to him. This was when I cursed myself for having had a father like you, and have received your education. I helped the man to get up and guided him to the inside of the house so he could sit on a chair. I quickly prepared a fire in the fireplace, and I gave our guest a blanket so he could cover himself. In silence, I listen as the man tried to remember out loud what had happened to him last night, but without success, because he only remembered until sunset. I gave him a cup of hot tea, while I drank mine, sitting in front of him, inspecting him from top to bottom.

At that moment the man stared back at me, and he acknowledged me as one of the individuals who were in Duskhaven the other day. Very seriously, he asked me if I thought he was crazy about what I heard at the town the other day, and after this morning situation. I didn’t do anything but smile while I drank my tea, looking at him, incredulous of the situation. The man didn’t need any word to get his response. When I finished drink the tea, I went to the closet and grabbed from your things, a long sleeve shirt, some trousers, and a pair of boots and gave them to him. You wouldn’t expect me to give him my things do you? The man accepted with appreciation, dressing himself while Jacko sniffed him ceaseless, as if he could recognize the smell. This time, I must say that this man was not drunk, so I started to talk to him. He said his name was Dolsnar Harrold, and was an inhabitant of Duskhaven, but worked in the city as a representative of an important political figure, I did not ask who.

After talking with him for a while, and after he regained his body heat, he started to make his way to the village, not without thanking the hospitality I had shown him. I suppose such thanks go to you, father. I stood in the doorway until I lost sight of him. Dawn was still recent, so I set out to go fishing in the river. You know that in this time of year the fish bite quite easy if you know the right places you showed me when I was a child.

When I came back home, I found three fully uniformed soldiers with their horses, apparently waiting for my arrival. I gave them no time or show, telling them that if they had come to recruit, they could take the way back home because they had nothing to do. Surprised, the soldiers denied that this was their intention. After dismounting, one of them approached me with a weapon wrapped in cloth. Held it with both hands at me, and said - This was your fathers weapon, and the entire regiment thinks you should have it - Amazed, I received from his hands what I later discovered was your battle-axe, perfectly balanced, always taken care of by yourself so it was in perfect condition. I asked in distrust if there was anything more they wanted to tell me, and after their refusal, they showed their respects with a military salute, and went on their way back to the horses, trotting away without a any other word.

I kept looking at them as they went away quietly. When I couldn’t see them anymore, I glared again at your tool of battle, as you used to call it. Aghast of the situation, I went inside the house again, and I sat in the chair, placing your axe on the wall next to me, where you used to leave it. At least now it’s in good hands, and rest assured that I will take it with me, and take care of it like you used to do.
Eloresh
Eloresh

Character sheet
Name: Eloresh Silversmith
Title: Knight, former Argent Commander

Back to top Go down