Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[A] Large Plot, Taste of Chaos.

3 posters

Go down

[A] Large Plot, Taste of Chaos. Empty [A] Large Plot, Taste of Chaos.

Post by Chrystan Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:54 am

Hello all

I've been planning this in my mind for years now, but when I went to launch it last time RP had gone into a slight lull, I had a lot of stuff going on in RL and it never happened, but now I'd like it to.

Thing is, for it to truly work it requires a fairly large group of people, in reality, almost everyone who RP's in Stormwind for it to work as I want it to. The great thing is, it can generate A LOT of RP for everyone involved in many different ways. It's even capable of starting some WPvP so I'd like to outline it to you and see what you think. One problem i have though is this, meta-gaming is a severe risk, and would destroy the plot, so I have to keep some of the more in depth plot details to myself. This isn't becasue I don't trust people, but because once it's given away, the whole of the plot will lose a lot of it's mystery, which if I am right will be what makes it so cool!

The plot is in several stages so I shall outline the basics to each one without giving too much away:

Stage one:

People in Stormwind start to have really bad nightmares and hallucinations, all I want at this point is people to write some smal lstories about a nightmare, hallucination their character has had, could be anything at all but they are quite horrific. (Can be as gory, as dark and as disturbing as you like!) You don't need to do this though to be involved for stage 2.

Stage two:

Seemingly random possesions start happening to people in Stormwind, making people do quite strange things. Guards attack innocents, criminals do great acts of good, maybe even turn themselves in.

Now this of course will need to be directed by myself which will be done by my alt Kargathan (He is linked to the plot.) He will always need to be near any possesion, and I shall direct the whole incident, however, I shall set a safe word which a player can use on each possesion (Will be agreed at start) whereby they can stop it going further, IC they resist, OOC they may not want their character to do something they really don't feel comfortable with. After each possesion will be a clue given to the victim which, if people talk and investigate enough will lead them to the person causing the possesions. People can of course put themselves up for possesion, I am even willing to let you decide what happens with the possesion since you know your char best.

Stage three

Once they know who is responsible, I'd assume he/she would be arrested and in prison, upon investigation however, things aren't as they seem, and something quite disturbing is discovered. A key is needed to stop what could be quite a big problem for everyone in SW

The Key is something I have already decided on, with investigation, and clues given as needed, the people investigating can find the key and stop the incident. However, I shall be throwing red-heriings into the mix here, and have people running around like headless chickens, the possesions, nightmares and hallucinations will continue until the Key is found.

Yes this is quite a long and complex plot, I want to avoid scripting in it though as much as possible, instead acting more as a dungeon master and letting everyone just RP it out. If enough people are up for it, I think this could be a LOT of fun for everyone, and get's away from the usual cult/criminal against good guys RP that is far too common in SW sometimes.

Let me know thoughts, I am ready to go with it whenever, but need people interested.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

[A] Large Plot, Taste of Chaos. Empty Re: [A] Large Plot, Taste of Chaos.

Post by Raviran / Reynar Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:05 pm

This would be a good idea if it were in a less RP populated City, since as you said, many people are not going to play along, or might not even know about it.

There's also many on going plots atm, within each diff guild etc. Theirs migh' get ruined by pulling this.

And on a sidenote, how come you're magically pulling off nightmares and possessions on a 200.000 people?

And there's been many people / guilds who have thought of a chaos / world domination, and it surely won't happen in SW without every major parties approval.

And.....everyone going the opposite, sounds good at first but when you think about it. Not many people want they're char motives / personality to change since if they wanted them to change they'd change them. Same goes for they're alignment
Raviran / Reynar
Raviran / Reynar

Character sheet
Name: Ray Hutch
Title: Bandit, Drunk

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:32 pm

It's only for people who get involved, in no way do I want it to start affecting people and parties who have no interest in it, since that would just be silly.

There is a deeper motive to it all than given here, but that's a plot-twist I'm not willing to give away as it stands. Considering everyone was prepared to leave Stormwind over some artifact years ago which lead to some awesome RP, I think people may be up for it, I can't say, if not, it doesn't happen (Or happens to just a small few who have fun with it.) But it can be as big as people want it to be.

And considering how many people randomly play possesed chars and such for no reason other than fun, I think there may be more people interested in it than you think. But we shall see!
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Geldar Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Im up for this on my mage, he`s been having nightmares for years and it would be fun to try and resolve it through something like this!

PS: Dahian, check the last post in the music thread to see what they opened the Concert with 8D
Geldar
Geldar

Character sheet
Name: Geldar Angelos
Title: Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrystan Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I did, I'm not talking to you now EVER!

Only kidding, must have been awesome. Will contact you in game about this though.
Chrystan
Chrystan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down