Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RP guild worries in Cataclysm?

+11
Jomir
Skarre
Chase - Esou
Gunnell
Malanar
Kristeas Sunbinder
Saevir
Muzjhath
Dorik Thunderbelly
Jakins
Meralynn / Ashla
15 posters

Go down

RP guild worries in Cataclysm? Empty RP guild worries in Cataclysm?

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:50 am

Okay, I am lazy, I haven't read the Cataclysm spoiler thread.

From MMO-champion:

Guild Talents are gone
The guild talents are gone and your guild now gets extra bonuses depending on its level. There are 25 levels and each level will automatically reward with more cool stuff. The leveling process remains unchanged and your guild will gain experience through PvP, Dungeon and Raid progression, questing, etc ...

Guild currency has also been removed and rewards will just be "unlocked" after you reach a specific level or complete a guild achievement. Once a reward is unlocked, members will be able to purchase it with gold. Some of the rewards include guild tabards, mounts, heirlooms, and it looks like you will finally be able to have a guild tabard on your mount. (Just like the Argent Tournament banners)

New members of a guild won't be able to buy everything directly, they will have to contribute to the progression of the guild before they can access the top rewards. Each time a player helps towards the leveling he will gain reputation with the guild, the best rewards will require players to be exalted with their guild before they can buy it.

Guild Perks and Items rewards
There are two categories of rewards. The perks are things earned by the guild. If you join a high-level guild, you get those benefits immediately and you lose them if you bail on the guild. They are passive bonuses and a couple of spells, not items. Separately, there are also items you can purchase. The items are yours to keep even if you leave the guild. In order to discourage guild hopping, you have to make some kind of investment in the guild. But you can still choose to leave if in the future you just find that you'd rather be with someone else.

Will this eventually kill RP guilds? Seriously, even ONE RP guild dead because of it is bad enough. What do you think?
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet
Name: Meralynn
Title: Sergeant, Blazing Shields

Back to top Go down

RP guild worries in Cataclysm? Empty Re: RP guild worries in Cataclysm?

Post by Jakins Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 am

It shouldn't affect Horde too much since we already have a string of raiding alliances and do stuff together already. I do worry about how it will be done in-game and whether it will all be thought about by Blizzard when people simply make guilds for social interaction or for the name.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:56 am

People who join RP guilds are interested in...RP'ing, not a few gadgets or minor perks.
Sure, they are nice if your guild can get 'em, but if people leave to some raiding guild just to get those you don't want those types in your guild anyway.
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzjhath Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Also, people in RP guilds PuG/Raid, PvP, and quest/level aswell..
Unless things changed from an earlier tell only the say 20 most active XP givers any given week will supply XP for the guild.

And, RPers join RP guilds for the RP in them. Guilds mostly composed out of non max level characters (just for an example), while they might never get the "coolest" guild perks they might be less likely to actually want them.

For just the experience. Atleast Horde side I'd be surprised if not most big guild have atleast one somewhat regular/dedicated rated BG team. Which will supply those guilds with XP.
Muzjhath
Muzjhath

Character sheet
Name: Muzjhath Farstride
Title: Dead Varog'Gor

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 pm

I think you're overestimating what is required to level up a guild.

Most RP guilds will probably be able to field at least a 10man raid with some frequency, or alternatively participate in organized PvP somehow. They'd get through the guild levels eventually as well, though not as quickly as real raiding or organized pvp guilds.

Just don't expect raid alliances of pugs to be the way. Blizzard did mention that guild level progress in raids for example would require at least 70% of the raid to be from that guild.

If anything, this will all probably spell the death of alt guilds for raiding-capable alts, as those are migrated over to the guild they raid or pvp with most.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Well, some of those perks are RPish too. I would HATE it if people left SCW because they wanted to join a guild that has raided enough for the members to be able to buy that mount tabard. Sad
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:10 pm

If anything, it might encourage people to log on their rp alts more to contribute to the guild leveling.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Don't see it as a killer, see it as a possibility.

"Ok men, by doing this, this and this, we prove that we are strong enough, that way we will get more funding!"
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Malanar Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Finally, RP guilds will stop being tea party organizing cults of boredom and start participating in all parts of the game.

Always found it ridiculous how so many "RP guilds" are strictly "RP" rather than "RP+PvE+PvP".

If anything, this'll make all those who have "mains" in OOC guilds with alts in RP guilds have to decide between RP and "ZOMG RAIDING", thus showing their true faces.

Though like I said above, I hope that won't be a decision anymore and people will see how vital to thorough enjoyment of the game it is to participate in all content, thus joining RP guilds with mains.

I'll personally head the OOC Guild Inquisition.
We shall take the fight to the OOC guilds and tear down the walls of raid obsession!
Soon, only RP guilds shall remain on this realm!
</Tirion_Voice>
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunnell Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:49 pm

This is the exact same system as in WARhammer Online, and there was never any issue like this on there.. well, aside from a lack of RP guilds in general but that isn't the point.

Gunnell

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase - Esou Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:03 am

If an RP guild is "killed" by this then it wasn't a guild worth having around in the first place.
Chase - Esou
Chase - Esou

Character sheet
Name: herregud
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Skarre Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 am

As Dorik said if people are happy to leave a guild for a new shiny thing. Are they worth having them in the frist place.
People join rp guilds for the rp.
Skarre
Skarre

Location : On a roof watching the star's (( also know to be in south england))

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:22 am

I won first place
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 am

This is why combining RP, PvP and some PvE as a guild rules! cheers
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:37 am

Oh shit... I don't hold out much hope for Stormwind Intelligence come Cata -_-
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:41 am

Mandui wrote:This is why combining RP, PvP and some PvE as a guild rules! cheers

Sixty Thieves do that quite regularly too, so we ain't worried.

We just need to rebuild ourselves again to go on proper runs.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Arantal Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:33 am

I think the system is quite promising, really. The ability to have guild mounts and banners opens up a lot more possibilities for roleplaying guilds, assuming they are prepared to put the effort in. I see no reason why the PvP and PvE aspects of the game should be ignored, anyway. Naturally it may not be everyones cup of tea, but throughout my time on roleplaying realms I can safely say that one of the biggest killers of an RP guild is that core members can and will get bored and choose between RP and raiding if need be.

So in other words, it is 'safer' for RP guilds to cater to all aspects of the game. Brings forth lots of RP gear, too!

Arantal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 am

If RP guilds truly are worried, then there's this system;

People have alts, those alts can go into RP guilds for assisting with PvP and PvE guild levelling to get said mounts and banners.

After all that, we can safely ride into the distance, smiting our enemies in WPvP with loads of banners held high! Yarr!

Or at least, that'd be a dream...complete unison and partnership between RP guilds.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:09 pm

I do feel alittle facepalmed when people genuinely make RP guilds solely for Rping, it's like.. " What you don't play the game you pay 8.99 a month for? "

A happy balanace is key!
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:19 pm

Well, it's one for rp.
Two for the pve.
Three for the pvp.
Now go, grind, go for gold.

But don't you step on my blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off my blue suede shoes.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:I do feel alittle facepalmed when people genuinely make RP guilds solely for Rping, it's like.. " What you don't play the game you pay 8.99 a month for? "

A happy balanace is key!

Balananananance!

But yeah, pretty much this. I don't know how someone can waste all that money.

And by 'waste', I mean 'use money for something you can do on a forum, rather than only in-game without making use of the other features in the game'.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Meralynn / Ashla Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Well... SCW is a guild that consists almost entirelyof warriors and paladins. We could do some PvE and that would be really interesting, but then we would do that instead of roleplaying. I am pretty sure that those of us who enjoy PvP do that while still in the guild and those of us who enjoy organised PvE have PvE characters for that. Just because you'r in one guild with one character it doesn't mean that you don't have other characters for other things.

And so what if people only RP on all their characters? If they think that's the worth of the game and they have fun doing it that's entirely up to them. They're still playing the game. I think it is sad if pure RP guilds will have to change their profile to keep their members, no matter how silly it is of people to value some mount blanket or similar higher than their guild.
Meralynn / Ashla
Meralynn / Ashla

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jomir Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:59 pm

People who give a crap about the guild stuff to leave the guild altogether are just morons. This new feature is so bland and unexciting it is by far at the bottom of the list of new cataclysm features
Jomir
Jomir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down