Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[H] The Midsummer Parade

+10
Sylvina
Malanar
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Dyrael/Alexandra
Lavian
Rhenchu
Kristeas Sunbinder
Gesh
Saevir
Darilas
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[H] The Midsummer Parade Empty [H] The Midsummer Parade

Post by Darilas Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:21 am

The midsummer Festival is here! In honor of this event, the Silvermoon City Counsillor for Culture has hired my assistance to create a parade of cultural diversity! Please join us in marching through several inspiring historical places and bring your contribution by showing your cultural minority!

Date: Tuesday June 29
Time: 20.00
Starts at: Silvermoon Citygates, next to the registry

More information will follow soon.

Darilas Lionfeet,
Seneschal of Emberheart Manor

((OOC: Ideas are welcome. The general idea is to make a parade / celebration of culture and visit historical sites. I myself am not nearly enough informed about lore, so please feel free to suggest where we should go. Also, with 'cultural diversity' we mean that we would like to see representations of varied religions/convincions as well as personal oddities))

Last edited by Darilas on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Name: Darilas Lionfeet
Title:

Back to top Go down

[H] The Midsummer Parade Empty Re: [H] The Midsummer Parade

Post by Saevir Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 am

*Stamp of Approval*
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:38 am

A parade.. for minorities.. and oddities.. <eyes elf> ..Approved.

Srsness tho. I'd love to see more events like this and a thumb up for makin' some.
To bring Vectoria.. or to make an alt instead?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:51 am

((Well, there's Darth'remars shrine, maybe the Falthrien academy (the whole area there is nice), the duskwither spire, maybe go to one of the runestones, maybe the farstriders retreat aswell and we can't forget falconwing square. Maybe do falconwing square -> sunstrider island at the end and have food and drinks and so there.))
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:57 am

[[ Waiters and waitresses might be cool? I could even supply an alt. ]]
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:32 am

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:A parade.. for minorities.. and oddities.. <eyes elf> ..Approved.

Srsness tho. I'd love to see more events like this and a thumb up for makin' some.
To bring Vectoria.. or to make an alt instead?

((OOC: Erm, yes, I think it is rather obvious what kind of rl event inspired this one, seeing what Dary is like and such Wink But considering that is not something that everyone can relate to, and taking into consideration which messy, degrading event recently has taken place, it seemed to be a much better idea to speak to minorities in general. Minorities could also be represented by other Horde races then Belves, ofcourse. Seeing the event is organised and hosted by belves, we do expect others to keep to general politeness and etiquette, but we won't refuse their participation.))

Kristeas Sunbinder wrote:((Well, there's Darth'remars shrine, maybe the Falthrien academy (the whole area there is nice), the duskwither spire, maybe go to one of the runestones, maybe the farstriders retreat aswell and we can't forget falconwing square. Maybe do falconwing square -> sunstrider island at the end and have food and drinks and so there.))

((OOC: Saevir and I were discussing the 'guided tour' part and reached the conclusion not everyone might be so much interested in a historical tour. It might be an idea to have that apart from the parade, which will be focused on letting various rp'ers show their style and mingle. I myself really like the opportunity to learn about lore IC'ly. We will need a guide who has interesting things to tell about various sites such as which you named))

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:[[ Waiters and waitresses might be cool? I could even supply an alt. ]]

((OOC: Sure, we will probably end the parade at the North Sanctum, where the fires will be, if the site is fitting. There, food and drink can be served. Darilas isn't extremely rich, but I think I can pay for some stacks of festive refreshments.))

((To everyone: nice to see you are interested and reacting positively Smile ))

Last edited by Darilas on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:01 am

Darilas wrote:
((OOC: Saevir and I were discussing the 'guided tour' part and reached the conclusion not everyone might be so much interested in a historical tour. It might be an idea to have that apart from the parade, which will be focused on letting various rp'ers show their style and mingle. I myself really like the opportunity to learn about lore IC'ly. We will need a guide who has interesting things to tell about various sites such as which you named))

I'll brush up my lore (dig through wowwiki and the like) and see if I can come up with some things. I don't mind doing (part of) the tour Very Happy

Darilas wrote:
((OOC: Sure, we will probably end the parade at the North Sanctum, where the fires will be, if the site is fitting. There, food and drink can be served. Darilas isn't extremely rich, but I think I can pay for some stacks of festive refreshments.))

I can start preparing feasts if you want.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:10 am

Thank you, Kristeas. I'll gladly accept both of your offers, just make sure you will have time to have fun too.

Last edited by Darilas on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:26 am

I myself would like to supplie historical facts based on the Blood/High elven Lore, and if allowed tell about it during this journey through one of the most beautiful lands of Azeroth.
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:30 am

Maybe should talk about it when we're online, some ideas might make good surprised for those attending Very Happy
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:39 am

When all of us are online together we can have a chat ooc about the historical tour. (I mean Saevir, Kris, Varanis and me.)

Last edited by Darilas on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhenchu Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:42 am

I am sure if we make a little topic about it this evening we could after the Council meeting, make space for it.
Rhenchu
Rhenchu

Character sheet
Name: Rhenchu
Title: Brewmaster of Kalimdor

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:51 am

(Yesterday didn't work, so I suggest that I just appoint the tasks at hand to people who are interested. If you are unhappy with it, let me know and I will contact you ingame to make other arrangements. So far, I think these are the roles available and the best way to appoint them:

Overall Parade Introduction Speechmaker - Saevir
Tourguide 'touristical' - Kristeas
Tourguide 'historical' - Varanis
Chief of serving staff - Vectoria
Overall silly comments - Darilas

The historical / touristic tour can be either divided into two sections or combined, and should be seperate from the actual parade. I will decide on a route for the parade later today and leave it up to the two tourguides to decide what sites to visit)
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:57 pm

With special thanks to my friend Sylvina from the Sunfury Elite for her help, I have decided which route to take:

We will gather, as said, right of the city gates, on the little square between the gates and the registry. We will then follow the Walk of Elders to the bazaar, make a circle around the fountain and visit Murder Row, the Court of the Sun and Farstrider's Square. From then we will ride/walk over the Royal Exchange, via Jeweler's Hall back to the gates.

Possible (short) speeches can be held at the beginning of the tour, when we circle the fountain and when we halt at the Court of the Sun, stopping on the top end of the red carpeted stairs.

For people who wish to continue after the city Parade, we will then venture into Eversong, where we will visit the Spire, Farstriders Post, Fairbreeze Village, and end at Sunstrider Isle, after passing and paying our respect to the midsummer fires near the North Sanctum.

At the isles, there is room for a gathering with refreshments, fireworks and possibly other festivities. Feel free to think of an enjoyable contribution of your own.

Furthermore, I would like to request groups and individuals to write me with their plans for the Parade. What part of culture are you representing and how do you plan on showing it? This will be helpful for the Counsilor's Opening Speech.

Most important, though, is: please enjoy the festival!

I hope to see many partakers coming tuesday.

Darilas Lionfeet
Seneschal of Emberheart Manor

((OOC: what Dary said. Please try and write me in advance if you are planning anything special, so we will have a chance to announce you))

Last edited by Darilas on Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavian Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:06 pm

G'luck with this.
Lavian
Lavian

Character sheet
Name: Lavian
Title: Dread Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyrael/Alexandra Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Great idea! I'm eager to see it finally happening! Also a huge, immense, stamp of approval for the creation of All-Races RP events! I love it! If you need any support, tailoring, ideas, gold *cough* and whatnot, whisper me, I'm willing to help as much as possible! Maybe as Minister of the Foreign Affairs I can do warn the other races ICly or so? Please talk to me in game and once again a great - GREAT - initiative! Amazing! Congratulations!
Dyrael/Alexandra
Dyrael/Alexandra

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilenath/Ilynaeth Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:27 pm

...and as above posters deputy, I shall help in that stuff! Yay for doing stuff other than being hunted by a grumpy Death Knight!
Lilenath/Ilynaeth
Lilenath/Ilynaeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Malanar Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:12 am

I'd be more than willing to gather up some of the Sunfury Elite and stage a daring mana-draining protest in the name of Sin'dorei pride. All members will bring rolled up newspapers and chase away the brutes and Forsaken while yelling, "Shoo! Get off our sacred lawn! And don't you dare touch Dath'remar's monument!"

Though, of course, if it's going to be in casual dress rather than combat gear, we could limit it to lots of /yelling and theatrical special effects. Twisted Evil

Just throwing the idea out there!
Malanar
Malanar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvina Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:53 am

At least me and Lilenath are going to join the parade anyway but would be more than happy to see more of us in the Parade.
Sylvina
Sylvina

Character sheet
Name: Sylvina Fireheart
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:20 am

Thank you all for the compliments and thinking along. My guess is there will be mostly blood elves present, for those are people Darilas knows and invited. I hope some others will show up as a surprise, that would be a nice rp-opportunity. Unfortunately, varanis will probably not be able to make it, so we will have to do without our historical tourguide, unless someone else is willing to do the part? I am currently without a pc of my own, but I hope to fix it today or I will borrow my S.O's pc tomorrow night. I'll make sure to be there, in any case.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks to everyone that came! If there's anything you liked/hated in particular, please share. Smile
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Darilas Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Saevir wrote:Thanks to everyone that came! If there's anything you liked/hated in particular, please share. Smile

I agree fully! I am happy it turned out like it did, with so many attending and enjoying themselves.
Darilas
Darilas

Character sheet
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kozgugore Feraleye Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm sure the orcses present had fun in their own way. Thanks for having us, and good job on organizing it!
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kozgugore Feraleye

http://www.orcsoftheredblade.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorik Thunderbelly Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

We want screenshots!
Dorik Thunderbelly
Dorik Thunderbelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayse Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Success!? Good work Smile And yes, screenies! Dorik has spoken!
Jayse
Jayse

Character sheet
Name: Jayse Ravenwest
Title: International Man of Mystery

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next