Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The people have spoken.

+13
Sir Lancelot
Shriyaro
Cathee Norris
Gesh
Sanara
Jakins
Torukan
Nayan
Magaskawee/Anaei
Kristeas Sunbinder
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Zhakiri
Mordazan
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The people have spoken. - Page 2 Empty Re: The people have spoken.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:12 pm

While I can't really disagree, I have one more thing to say.

The people have spoken. - Page 2 Posts110

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:16 pm

..I don't understand why treat this forum like some kind of cesspit where you can insult, mock and just generally be a dick to other people and then cry about being banned?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:23 pm

Well done for making yourself seem lesser taught than other kids with that poor rebuttle to what I just told you.

With that, it seems that it's pointless trying to squeeze some sense into a stone.

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:..I don't understand why treat this forum like some kind of cesspit where you can insult, mock and just generally be a dick to other people and then cry about being banned?

I don't either.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 pm

As I just wrote to a person that for ONCE PMed me an issue:

I'd have no trouble what so every to talk like an adult in PMs if people PMed and stopped acting as if we're the bad guys. Yes we/I made these forums for the community. And sure, some people have issues with moderators, and other people here. But it is all so simple:

Follow the rules and mind your own business and use the forums what they are there for: RP. Not to mock or taunt people. It's quite common sense. The moderators are humans also (did you know?!), it's seriously frustrating to walk around all day being pissed off because people are truly mean and insultive towards you and your work. The rules that are there, are there to make sure everyone enjoy (except of course people that only enjoy by hurting others..). I don't see why that is oh so bad?
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Saihna/Julia wrote:As I just wrote to a person that for ONCE PMed me an issue:

I'd have no trouble what so every to talk like an adult in PMs if people PMed and stopped acting as if we're the bad guys. Yes we/I made these forums for the community. And sure, some people have issues with moderators, and other people here. But it is all so simple:

Follow the rules and mind your own business and use the forums what they are there for: RP. Not to mock or taunt people. It's quite common sense. The moderators are humans also (did you know?!), it's seriously frustrating to walk around all day being pissed off because people are truly mean and insultive towards you and your work. The rules that are there, are there to make sure everyone enjoy (except of course people that only enjoy by hurting others..). I don't see why that is oh so bad?
Yeah, exactly. It's more a case that people are getting angry because they want to use the forums for pissing around rather than what it was made for.

It's good that troublemakers go but when people start supporting troublemakers, it just gets silly.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriyaro Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 am

Jakins wrote:
Yeah, exactly. It's more a case that people are getting angry because they want to use the forums for pissing around rather than what it was made for.

It's good that troublemakers go but when people start supporting troublemakers, it just gets silly.

I wasn't really intending to get involved with the 'amagawd, mods suck' nonsense, but this is basically the truth. The issue with this forum isn't too strong moderation. Quite the opposite. The issue is that the mods originally treated everyone like grown ups and figured we wouldn't need moderation. Unfortunately large tracts of the membership are incapable of putting a lid on it and instead spam the forums with garbage and nonsense, undermining it's purpose and it's integrity. Now the mods try and correct it and realise that the monkeys really do think they're in charge of the zoo.

The forum would be better off without a general discussions. What started as a place to foster a more personal community has become a child's playground, one that unfortunately affects the rest of the forums, to the detriment of all.

Edit: It's also worth pointing out that anyone claiming to represent 'the people' probably doesn't. I'm one of the people and I'm increasingly inclined to leave this forum because I don't want to deal with the nonsense, not because I think moderation is overly harsh. I welcome increased moderation. The people are not the small subset of people who want an unmoderated playground away from the realm forums. The people are the wider role play community, who established this forum to foster roleplay, not to chat aimlessly, image/video spam or to be wasting there time with other peoples garbage.
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:01 am

Edit: It's also worth pointing out that anyone claiming to represent 'the people' probably doesn't. I'm one of the people and I'm increasingly inclined to leave this forum because I don't want to deal with the nonsense, not because I think moderation is overly harsh. I welcome increased moderation. The people are not the small subset of people who want an unmoderated playground away from the realm forums. The people are the wider role play community, who established this forum to foster roleplay, not to chat aimlessly, image/video spam or to be wasting there time with other peoples garbage.

Shriyaro... Re-read what I posted. I did not say "DOWN WITH THE MODS, VIVA LA ANARCHY!". I do not want these forums un-moderated nor do I wish to turn them into gulag, I was just pissed at the whole Felina getting banned thing, because clearly I have not seen anything from her besides nice stories or plain foolin' which everyone here does to some degree.

My point is, I do not want this same shit to repeat. If one offended by her shows me exactly how she burned their whole family and crucified them in their back yard, then I will back off. Otherwise, excuse me.

Last edited by Marrenus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 am

Marrenus, don't get trolled...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:27 am

The people have spoken. - Page 2 1265160789549

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriyaro Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:46 am

To be honest, I wasn't targeting Marrenus or this thread in particular, just the general anti-mod tone I'm getting from the entire forum population atm. This seemed like an appropriate place to post it as it's the latest occurrence. I certainly wasn't trolling anyone.

It's pretty sad that the response to 'I don't agree with x' is, 'troll'.
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arinith Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:48 am

I am completely and totally confused. If it was about Felina all along, why did you make it about the moderators?

And what's this stuff about trolling? I didn't see any... I think.
Arinith
Arinith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:57 am

Marrenus wrote:I was just pissed at the whole Felina getting banned thing
I should be quite correct in assuming you will no longer be "pissed" at learning she was never banned, then. She was warned, as we've received multiple complaints about her constantly and repeatedly aiming "covert" hurtful comments towards multiple people she disliked.

She was at no point banned and whoever told you that, is apparently not a trustworthy source.

Last edited by Nayan on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet
Name: Nayan of the Frostmanes
Title: Primal of Bethekk

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Heritage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:01 am

Nayan wrote:
Marrenus wrote:I was just pissed at the whole Felina getting banned thing
I should be quite correct in assuming you will no longer be "pissed" at learning she was never banned, then. She was warned, as we've received multiple complaints about her constantly and repeatedly aiming "covert" hurtful comments towards multiple people she disliked.

She was at no point banned.

Ah-ha. So what, 2-3 people she disliked complained, she got her ban warnings & left... Okay, we're past that.

Then 5+ people who were her friends posted a tribute thread; Why was it locked? The only excuse I have heared so far is "flamebaiting" while in reality people just wanted to say goodbye to a person they knew and loved. If that is your mods' definition of flame...

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:11 am

I still see no apology on your mistaken assumptions, but I'll skip it and reply this too.

The "tribute thread" (seriously... "tribute"? Overevaluating much?) was the THIRD thread made, after two assault/flamebaiting threads. As such, and given the OP's past behaviour in these forums, it was also considered a flamebaiting thread, a "valid" pretext to host hatespam. There is absolutely no reason to "say goodbye" to someone you (not you, but as a general concept) talk to often, and will be ingame anyway. We "say goodbye to a person we knew and loved" at their funeral, not when they leave a forum.

So, given the overly aggresive tone of specific people (which I assure you are hardly "the people", more like a small minority, judging by all the support posts, PM's, ingame pokes and skype pokes), the thread was locked to indicate that further drama over something that shouldn't have any drama, will not be tolerated. You wish to speak of censorship? Go ahead. The moderation was done on objective grounds and that won't change.

Might as well point out the irony of being repeatedly interrupted from my RP because some people think they "are in charge" and "decide". I don't know and I can't speak for the other moderators, but personally, I will ignore qq and only respond to mature comments.
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Shriyaro Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:12 am

I think the reason such threads are judged as flamebaiting is because if people have left a forum, there's no point posting _on that forum_ goodbye messages, they can't read them. If they haven't left the forum and can still read the messages then the entire episode is just a lot of hot air and noise, which deserves to be locked for wasting everyones time.
Shriyaro
Shriyaro

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:25 am

Nayan wrote:I still see no apology on your mistaken assumptions, but I'll skip it and reply this too.

The "tribute thread" (seriously... "tribute"? Overevaluating much?) was the THIRD thread made, after two assault/flamebaiting threads. As such, and given the OP's past behaviour in these forums, it was also considered a flamebaiting thread, a "valid" pretext to host hatespam. There is absolutely no reason to "say goodbye" to someone you (not you, but as a general concept) talk to often, and will be ingame anyway. We "say goodbye to a person we knew and loved" at their funeral, not when they leave a forum.

So, given the overly aggresive tone of specific people (which I assure you are hardly "the people", more like a small minority, judging by all the support posts, PM's, ingame pokes and skype pokes), the thread was locked to indicate that further drama over something that shouldn't have any drama, will not be tolerated. You wish to speak of censorship? Go ahead. The moderation was done on objective grounds and that won't change.

Might as well point out the irony of being repeatedly interrupted from my RP because some people think they "are in charge" and "decide". I don't know and I can't speak for the other moderators, but personally, I will ignore qq and only respond to mature comments.

I asked for explaination and finally, 14 hours later, I've got it from someone who wasn't even really involved. Thanks, Nayan.

I'm still pondering the fact these other mods, despite being online & watching, never replied with more-or-less what I asked for. The way I saw it was in the lines of:
The people have spoken. - Page 2 Adminpwnage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:30 am

Maybe now you'll realize that it only takes less silly pictures and the use of CAPSOMG along with a decently formulated question in order to have answer Wink
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:33 am

I can assure you the constant spamming/flamebaiting does get tiring for everyone, including mods. I can also be tagged as "online and watching" as I had my browser minimised during it all, and I can also be tagged as "involved", as I locked the 3rd thread myself, as I posted somewhere else.

And it would be highly appreciated to not always jump into conclusions, as generalising only results in "team-targetting with no exceptions" and reacting to different situations than those that actually happened, which I can assure you none of us takes positively. ;/
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Lancelot Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:43 am

Woah Nayan, you sound like GM

Sir Lancelot

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:45 am

I'll be honest, I just wanted a slight goodbye thread. No trolling intended with that thread. When it got locked, and taking in concideration Fel's problems with several mods here (You know who you are), felt like a kick-em-when-they're-down situation.

Not really sure why Mar should apologize here, I think multiple people here should apologize. Even though this little clarification was a good move, tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:48 am

Archal has my apology in that case, for that. It's only natural that when you play with someone's patience limits, they get thinner and it becomes easier to cross the line Wink

PS: You look good in pink tbh. Razz
Nayan
Nayan

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gallandria Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 am

Marrenus wrote:

I asked for explaination and finally, 14 hours later, I've got it from someone who wasn't even really involved. Thanks, Nayan.

I'm still pondering the fact these other mods, despite being online & watching, never replied with more-or-less what I asked for.

You cant expect all the moderators to baby sit the forum all day people do want to have fun and do their own thing.
Gallandria
Gallandria

Character sheet
Name: Gallandria Adair
Title: The Bloody Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 am

You cant expect all the moderators to baby sit the forum all day people do want to have fun and do their own thing.

You missed the being online & watching part, as they replied a couple of times with "stfu", more or less, but not with an actual answer.

P.S. This marks the end of the first Defiasrp flame war of 07.06.2010-08.06.2010.

HURRAY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:01 am

Marrenus wrote:

You missed the being online & watching part, as they replied a couple of times with "stfu", more or less, but not with an actual answer.
It was the way you asked, not when you asked. You actually didn't ask at all, if you view your replies..you went RAWRAWRAWR more like Razz

And nice to have some order back.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:05 am

So? I can reply with stfu.

Either people man up or just go away. There's other sections this forum that are MORE IMPORTANT.

People need to get some balls and grow up. If you don't like it then 4chan is awaiting.

I'm not just saying this to one person, but all those who seem to think the mods are doing a horrible job when really, they're better than most.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next