Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh come on...

+23
Buntasi
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Torukan
Rasonal Dranger
Gesh
Dharum
Jakins
Saevir
Morgeth
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kozgugore Feraleye
Kil'drakor
Mandui
Lavian
Nayan
Gunnell
Halya
Nathiniós
Ehrfürchtige Bennedict
Koroko
(Goggy) - Exilius
Zhakiri
Elízabéth Moren
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Oh come on... - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh come on...

Post by Mandui Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Cyaska wrote:
Thing is, Koz- You're one of the mods that I personally would be quite happy to keep. You do your job, by which I mean, you don't just lock stuff unless it's a full out flame-war.

In an ideal world, any argument has it's own weight and should be left to run it's course unless that course causes problems in the wider community- Which, on these forums, has only happened since this over-moderation has begun.
You're forgetting that the moderation related decisions taken, were taken by all of the mods. Koz might be the least "hated" mod currently, since he barely ever slaps people's fingers, but he would definitely become one if he was to be the only one left.
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:19 pm

In an ideal world, any argument has it's own weight and should be left to run it's course unless that course causes problems in the wider community- Which, on these forums, has only happened since this over-moderation has begun.

What Cyaska said, pretty much, sums up my feelings.

In other words, don't fix that which is not broken.

And about my avatar: I went all out and raged on Saihna in PM then set this avatar (PHOTOSHOPPED, ok? xD) to be remembered as a victim of moderation abuse;

Turns out I was wrong and there might be some sense after all...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Mandui wrote:Koz might be the least "hated" mod currently, since he barely ever slaps people's fingers, but he would definitely become one if he was to be the only one left.

Maybe he doesn't ever slap people on the wrist because it doesn't NEED doing?

Before people started getting trigger happy with the lock-switch and the ban-hammer, it was just fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandui Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Cyaska wrote:
Mandui wrote:Koz might be the least "hated" mod currently, since he barely ever slaps people's fingers, but he would definitely become one if he was to be the only one left.

Before people started getting trigger happy with the lock-switch and the ban-hammer, it was just fine.
No, it's because others do it Razz
Mandui
Mandui

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Mandui wrote:
Cyaska wrote:

No, it's because others do it Razz

Just because they do something doesn't mean it's needed.

Just look at this thread, for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgeth Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Right. I have tried to come up to speed with the current "situation", but since I'm human, I reckon I might have misunderstood a few things. I do not agree fully with how some things are handled, on either sides. Mods were, as i percieved it, just there to keep things a bit clean. Splitting threads and telling people to stop flaming and so forth. Every big community needs some kind of ground rules, I think - a personal opinion - but the rules shouldn't out-do the purpose of the place. I did not create these forums, but I think they were made so that we could focus our RP-stories/talks/ideas a bit, instead of using the general forums. We succeeded in that, at least.

I don't mind people giving me critique, and I'm perfectly willing to step down. Not going to make a martyr of myself, because truth be told, my moderation hasn't been that intense. But I simply don't want to moderate people who feel like I suffocate them or the likes.

A suggestion is just to compile what should be changed, like I think Marrenus did in another thread, but maybe with a bit of a clearer head, and for people to respond to it nicely. We can still do that, no?

I, for once, have enjoyed these forums. I'd rather see them improve, than see them fall apart.
Morgeth
Morgeth

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Cyaska wrote:

No. It was a forum filled with passive aggresive BS, image and youtube spam and constant derailing of topics.

It still is, mostly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:27 pm

WILL YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO MORGETH!?
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet
Name: Zhakiri
Title: Da Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Morgeth wrote:I do not agree fully with how some things are handled, on either sides. Mods were, as i percieved it, just there to keep things a bit clean. Splitting threads and telling people to stop flaming and so forth. Every big community needs some kind of ground rules, I think - a personal opinion - but the rules shouldn't out-do the purpose of the place.

This.

So.

Many.

Times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:29 pm

Saali wrote:
Cyaska wrote:

No. It was a forum filled with passive aggresive BS, image and youtube spam and constant derailing of topics.

It still is, mostly.

This^

And what Morgeth said.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:09 pm

See topic title

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:35 pm

I joined these forums to get involved in RP, communicate with other RP'ers about in-game events, and generally talk about RP. The forum has worked just fine for me in that regard so far.

I also liked that for the most part, the forum has been free of personal attacks and off-topic bullshit in every thread, with the latter being mostly relegated to specific threads in the off-topic thread. I attribute this to the moderators.

I don't get why it is necessary for this forum to allow trolling, flaming and thread derailment universally. It's about RP, why would anyone who has come to this forum want it to be about anything other than that?
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristeas Sunbinder Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 pm

People rather have the world bend then that they have to do it themselves. Nobody is forced to be here.
Kristeas Sunbinder
Kristeas Sunbinder

Character sheet
Name: Kristeas Sunbinder
Title: Operative for Sin Belore

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakins Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Saevir wrote:I joined these forums to get involved in RP, communicate with other RP'ers about in-game events, and generally talk about RP. The forum has worked just fine for me in that regard so far.

I also liked that for the most part, the forum has been free of personal attacks and off-topic bullshit in every thread, with the latter being mostly relegated to specific threads in the off-topic thread. I attribute this to the moderators.

I don't get why it is necessary for this forum to allow trolling, flaming and thread derailment universally. It's about RP, why would anyone who has come to this forum want it to be about anything other than that?

Exactly! People seem to forget that the forum was created for RP, not for random crappy chatter where people simply insult each other.
Jakins
Jakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Dharum Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Jakins wrote:
Saevir wrote:I joined these forums to get involved in RP, communicate with other RP'ers about in-game events, and generally talk about RP. The forum has worked just fine for me in that regard so far.

Exactly! People seem to forget that the forum was created for RP, not for random crappy chatter where people simply insult each other.

I kinda second this. Not that anyone is forced to read the spam thread etc, but if I want imagespam and reaction images and whatnots in normal threads I can just go to 4chan.

I haven't had any problems with Moderators, though I guess I'm not really that active member here.
Dharum
Dharum

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gesh Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:07 pm

..I don't understand why treat this forum like some kind of cesspit where you can insult, mock and just generally be a dick to other people and then cry about being banned?
Gesh
Gesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Madel/Vectoria/Koblitz wrote:..I don't understand why treat this forum like some kind of cesspit where you can insult, mock and just generally be a dick to other people and then cry about being banned?

This, qft

Back to top Go down

Post by Rasonal Dranger Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Morgeth wrote:I do not agree fully with how some things are handled, on either sides. Mods were, as i percieved it, just there to keep things a bit clean. Splitting threads and telling people to stop flaming and so forth. Every big community needs some kind of ground rules, I think - a personal opinion - but the rules shouldn't out-do the purpose of the place.

This.

So.

Many.

Times.

Somebody got banned. But I have to agree with Morgeth
Rasonal Dranger
Rasonal Dranger

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Nah he deleted his account, no jokes.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Saevir Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:31 pm

There's a few people that seem to have done so.
Saevir
Saevir

Character sheet
Name: Saevir Dawnseeker
Title: Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zhakiri Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Personally for my own mind, I have to split these forums into two things...

We have the IC and OOC forum full of discussion about WoW! Which we all wuv...

And we have...

The general chat, which is full of trolling, moderation abuse, flamebaiting from both purples and normals, youtube and picture abuse, drama, bullcrap and alot of other things from not just the members but the moderators too.

I'll never leave, unless banned, :'(, even if I have to just ignore the general forum if -all- of the above and the countless other faults continue.
Zhakiri
Zhakiri

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 pm

As I don't play anymore, I'm just here to keep in touch with the community. I choose not to input my rather radical opinion about the RP here, SO I lurk in /general/ for teh lulz

Back to top Go down

Post by Torukan Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 pm

Oh come on... - Page 3 Nic-cage-birdhair

Torukan

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shandrea/Nar'Gaya Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:30 pm

*sigh* Yes, I'm sure the moderators could've handled some things differently, but like several of them have mentioned, they are just human! People need to stop acting like this is all their personal playground. The moderators/creators of this forum has done an -immense- favour to the community. Try to show a little gratitude instead of crying and nerdraging whenever something you don't approve of is done.

Also, -all- forums (except perhaps 4chan) has a decent set of rules. You will abide by them, or you have no reason to stay on the forum at all. Yes I'm sure it's extremely fun to run around like a proper e-thug and think you can do as you please just because you are hiding behind a computerscreen, but Trolling, Spamming, Abusive comments and Famebaiting is -clearly- stated as illegal according to the rules. The moderators give out warnings, and then expect you to behave. Should you fail to improve your behaviour after said warning is given, you -will- be banned. Simple as.

If you have issues with moderators, be it personal or just forum-based, take it with the moderator directly. And please... Quitting in complete Nerdrage won't make people see your point. Nor will namecalling and the likes. Grow up and explain your difficulties properly, and maybe you'll get heard.

I've been a moderator myself, and I know just how hard it is to try and manage it all. I know how hard it is to always try and stay objective, and how annoying it is when some people just won't get the signals. So Moderators: Keep it up and good luck!

//Feli
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya
Shandrea/Nar'Gaya

Character sheet
Name: Shandrea
Title: Vixen

https://www.facebook.com/#!/silje.s.eide

Back to top Go down

Post by Kil'drakor Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Not to mention I can see people regretting the nerdrage, since when things cool down they get reminded on what an awesome means of keeping in touch this is! At any rate, good point Felitzia.

Kil'drakor

Character sheet
Name:
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum