Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe travels!

2 posters

Go down

Safe travels! Empty Safe travels!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:49 pm

This morning, I received a "final warning" in my inbox. At first, I was amused, but then I studied this warning from several angles, considered it for a while and realized that I really don't want to participate on these forums anymore.

The moderation of these forums is, for the most part, fair. However, I feel that there are too many inconsistencies in regards to how some of the moderators handle some situations. Basically, there is quite a bit of favoritism involved, and some individuals are able to get away with a few things where a few others are instantly pounced on and given a warning. In addition, after reading up on a certain thread from yesterday, a mod is allowed to disagree with a member's RP ideas and speak against it without another mod stepping in, but when a member does this, it's considered flamebaiting, trolling and--as it was mentioned in my warning letter--forum stalking.

Personally, I feel that a mod has painted a target on my back for some time now, ever since a certain ventrilo incident. Apparently, a drunken conversation with someone I've never even met that mentions my name without proof can be considered incriminating. This mod made it no secret to me that I was guilty without proof. I feel this is unjustified and, I admit, I've taken serious offense against this and no longer wish to acknowledge this person's authority. Bias is a quality that should never be part of a moderator's repertoire of qualifications and in this case, I feel it's been overlooked one too many times, and not just towards me, personally.

So, I'll save the moderating team some time and I'll be removing myself from these forums. I feel that some things were badly handled, the past few weeks, that some changes have been made that will not be working in the members' favor and will possibly damage a few friendly relationships because of them, and I'd rather not be part of it any longer.

I'll be lingering a little while, I'd prefer to take down the art I've posted and my writing, mostly because my PC's not here and I'd like to save it to my laptop. I'll probably post my writing on my DA account, which (for those curious or interested) can be found here. There's not much on there right now, be warned. I'm a slacker.

See you guys in-game, and best of luck to the moderating team. I really think you'll need it.

~Fel

Back to top Go down

Safe travels! Empty Re: Safe travels!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:54 pm

That makes two.

Reason for the "board government" to consider some changes, else they might end up with only themselves to mod & blame.

And really, why do we even need the warnings? Nobody died from nor to trolling, flaming or a heated non-personal discussion. For all I care, elitism killed more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathee Norris Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:06 pm

The reason there are rules is to follow them. When people PM me and feel harassed I think that is a serious thing. Things that has not been on these forums I've been very fair with and said that it will not be considered in here, so the whole ventrilo thing, sure maybe some moderator has been cranky about it, however it has been very fairly handled and not taken into consideration for warnings. But there has been more then one person feeling harassed and contacted me, and moderators on either "side" has seen the remarks as obvious flamebaiting. Sorry but no, we won't let people get away with their childish behavior. It has no place here. Either behave or leave, its up to you. And your loss if you choose the later.
Cathee Norris
Cathee Norris

Character sheet
Name: Cathee Piner
Title:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Locked, and I'll explain why.

There have been complaints regarding yourself from before I joined, and several in the limited few days I've been around here. These have been discussed and we came to the conclusion that we agree, and in that discussion no personal dislikes or any such conspiracy claim you make came to the discussion. If you wish to leave, sure, but do not go out kicking and screaming making false claims because you wish to cause some more drama instead of trying have an actual discussion about the improvement of these forums.

In short we asked you, in private, to play nice, and to stop the grievous behaviour, much of which has been removed by now thankfully. If you this too restricting and feel the need to keep posting in the manner which we warned about, you are of course free to leave.

Having said that, no-one is perfect and mistakes do happen. However mods being unable to catch every mishap doesn't mean those that are brought to our attention should be ignored. If there are any such cases which you feel are being overlooked, or you feel personal bias is involved, you are of course welcome to bring those to our attention. Do so in a polite PM or mail as has been done in this current situation regarding Felinaa. Obviously replies to topics such as "omg bannnnn dis is offensiv" or anything along the like is clearly not any attempt at being helpful, but rather only works to worsen those situations.

Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down